• Published 15th Mar 2022
  • 340 Views, 5 Comments

Mobile Suit Gundam: Alicorn - Volume 2 - Alines Reinhard



An ex-criminal pilot continue his journey to save a group of friends and protect Equestria from war.

  • ...
5
 5
 340

Chapter 27

“Full combat speed, Mind-of-Steel!” Discord ordered enthusiastically. “We're gonna shock them to the core!”

Not even Mind-of-Steel can help but be overwhelmed by Discord, even though he’s a soldier, and even though he knew his wacky personality and commanding style pretty well. But still, he has no choice but to obey the order. He personally also wanted to take down those filthy, evil ships with his own ship’s cannon, so decided to pump the speed up as fast as the senior engineer recommended. On the bridge, the “Full Combat Speed” order means the speed of about 85 knots and higher.

The senior engineer has allowed them to speed up to around 112 knots.

They have to convince the Caninian Princesses, as well as Haystack family to leave the ship before really taking off to intercept the enemy’s flotilla. Before really saying goodbye to them, Haystack have told her:

“This ship is the longest surviving ship anywhere. Believe me, I’ll come back!” the Lieutenant said to the love of his life and his filly and foal.

“I don’t believe that!” Applesauce said “Too many ship explosions on the news already…”

“You see all those rust, son?” He pointed to the browned area on the ship paint, indicating it nearly got zero overhaul maintenance in the span of more than a year, except only once that it got its original fully functioning weapons configuration again. “That’s a testament of how well protected this lady is. Not to mention all those damages the ship inflicted. We’re gonna sunk the Cloudsdale today, so that we are the resilient ship here in Equus!”

“Are you sure?” Moonbeam asked naively. “When will you come back?”

“Soon enough.” he hugged and brought her up on his shoulder “I’ll be there on your birthday, okay?”

“Honey!” called Mayflower “I wanted to give you this. Her hoof reaches a bag that she has always brought whenever she goes outside the tent.

“Ooh, I like this scarf!” Haystack carefully picked it from her, gently looking all over its details. “You made this for me?”

“I… I actually bought it from an old mare somewhere in that camp… But hey! It's the best scarf I could find for you, bunny!”

She then landed a kiss on his cheek. “Safe flight there, Hastie…”

And they both blushing, the same kind of blushing they have when their love is still young.

Their kids squeeze in happiness.

“Sweet Celestia, we're married!” she said with a chuckle. “Why are we blushing like crazy!”

Back on the Cloudsdale, everytime he pulled out that scarf, it always reminded him of that one goodbye. He will always blush then scold himself “Why are you blushing, dumbass. We’re married! There’s nothing to be embarrassed about…”

For some reason, Queen Katherina Proudpaws, or Kat as she refers to be called, was chosen on board. Bonbon and Lyra have lost in the argument that no one in the royalties should be on board, that it is dangerous. “One of my sisters going with you will motivate you guys to stay safe. The entire Harmony Guardian Alliance is placing on you” is how the Queen reasoned. She wants to help shield the ship with her loyalty magic.

“So, basically… You made shields? The magical one?”

“Yup!”

Her sister also asked to go with her too. However, as the eldest sibling in her family, she has successfully convinced them to disembark the ship. “The risk is low, but never zero.”

And because of that, she has to hold the chair for her dear life, praying the ship will not actually get harmed, as if the vibration will be too much and the ship will crack and then explode. But contrary to her paranoia, it still stands.

Finally, after around an hour of non-stop high speed cruising, they are near the enemy enough they can see them with their bare eyes. Discord immediately ordered the mega particle gunner to align their barrel carefully and open fire on the enemy ships.

“Light em’ up!” he yelled in the middle of the noisy atmosphere, before creating his own sunglasses by his magic to look cool.

All four front mega particle barrels fired in anger towards their enemy, picking their most vulnerable parts on their targets to hit.

Then, a distant rumbling and several lights flashing from a far. “They’re all hit!”

The whole bridge cheered upon the victory. Some even hugged each other and danced. Four shots with all landed a hit is an extremely rare occasion. Discord have actually played a Truth and Dare with another Captain, who dared him to do exactly that infront of his entire bridge crew. This makes it an even more celebrate-able moment.

“Silence… The battle is still ongoing!” Katherina reminded them “As long as they are still in the sky, we are not in the mood for a celebration!”

“Launch the mobile suits!” Discord ordered “Aim your guns directly to their bridge. We must sunk at least one ship right here!”

Flash was still struggling to do the entire starting procedure on his own. Meanwhile, he gets to hear his new friends' discussion surrounding their situation.

And also Luster Dawn.

“Wait… did he say that it is an unbreakable curse? So why haven't we seen her with him?” Rainbow Dash asked skeptically.

“I don’t really know. This whole Rainbow Magic incorporated mobile suit thing-y is so confusing! I hate to say this but I have to give credit to Black Wine for the creation of a new type of magic. Dark magic!” Twilight said with a frown on her face, actively looking into her memory like a book.

“Sure is… This kind of magic is straight up created by him…” Starlight added by doing the same as her ex-teacher “We may have to create countermeasures from the ground up!”

“He treated us as if we were his objects!” Rarity grinded her teeth and tore out “And this metal robot is just anything but decent looking. He doesn't even bother to build us a good looking façade!”

“Uh… Rarity. He is turning us into weapons!” Applejack said, raising her voice a little “Of course he chose this thing! This is not even a prison. It’s our new physical body that all of us have to share!”

“Friendly reminder that he’s failed the School for Gifted Unicorns…” Starlight sighed. “He nearly passed a test to qualify. Nothing to do with his racism…”

It all happened in a span of just about half a minute. Thanks to the chaotic situation, he was able to do without much interference at all. Except for one guard pony.

“Flash, look out!” Pinkie Pie screamed.

Due to his urgency, Flash did not notice a guards pony was trying to come to his cockpit until Pinkie Pie alarmed him. Thanks to him being a pegasus, he was able to launch himself from the foot all the way up the chest.

“Kick him, Flash!” Rainbow Dash ordered.

But he is too large, and way more fit to actually pick a fight than a severely injured human-shaped pony. He was genuinely scared when he attempted to climb into the chair and use his strong front hoof to pull Flash out. He even came close enough to show his sheer muscle from countless training hours on those giant fore hoof.

“Your cast!” Rainbow Dash yelled through his mind again “Use your left leg!”

And he did just that. Flash tried as hard as he could, aiming his foot right into the most vulnerable part he could possibly find: his chest. He just only wore normal security clothes, yet he could still feel his large chest muscle. Flash could barely hold himself on the chair with only one hand, let alone kicking out that jock.

“We… We gotta do something to help him!” Fluttershy exclaimed “He’s still too weak!”

Suddenly, the mobile suit moved all by it’s own. First, the hands, then the it right legs followed. The guard pegasus was caught off guard and nearly lose his grip on Flash, but it was soon the case. With all his might, with some little help from manipulation magic of Applejack kicking power, he was able to push him out of the cockpit. He climbed back on the pilot chair whilst his new friends take the job of picking that pegasus up and put aside. “Gentle, please be gentle…”, Fluttershy’s voice mumbling through his mind. She helped putting him down without a scratch, while the guard himself are still comprehend what really going on in his head, with the confusion showing bright his face.

“Hahaha! That’s hilarious!” Rainbow Dash laughed.

But none of them get to notice something big right before them, until it’s too late. The Alicorn was just standing in the opposite direction.

“Look out!” screamed Twilight Sparkle.

A powerful punch landed right onto the cockpit hatch, created a huge dent on the armor. It created a G force powerful enough to trigger the newly installed airbag on it, prevented his face to smash directly onto the main monitor. “Thanks goodness…” sighed Rarity.

It was that moment when Flash could vaguely hear Griselda's voice again, after nearly a month of her and her friends' complete silence…

“You… dare… escape… not!” she said angrily. The Alicorn makes another fist in order to make another punch. Its punch was stopped by the Psycho MkII’s own fist, created by Flash’s piloting skill.

“Good job Flash. Hold on a little more!” Twilight said.

“Hey, what is that below us?” asked Spike.

Flash makes a brief look to where Spike is supposed to point. It was a dark grey beam rifle, placed just in the reaching distance. “Good job, Spike!” Pinkie Pie complemented. “Flash, grab it!”

And he does just that. It was a shiny, well-polished rifle which sported a dark grey color and had its main targeting scope and some of it’s vulnerable parts covered in a heavy layer of dark blue armor, just like the Psycho MkII itself. Upon taking it, the main monitor read the thing as “RF-85B Midrange Snipe Beam Rifle”.

“What the heck is a ‘Midrange Snipe Beam Rifle’? Nah, never mind…” Rainbow Dash shrugged.

“AI assist sniping capability?” Fluttershy questions.

However, there’s no time to ask. The Alicorn have already picked a serious fight. For some reason, its pilot somehow considered using a beam saber inside a closed hangar safe enough, so they pulled out one of the Alicorn’s forearm beam saber. Luckily, it was set in dagger mode.

“Die you monster!” Griselda's voice cried through his ear.

Flash yelled her name in the cockpit, loud enough to alert his Element of Harmony friends.

“You can hear her, that’s a good sign!” Twilight said, then she proceeded to persuade him and her friends to set up a communication link towards them. “If we have to include talking with Black Wine, so be it!”

But instead of his annoyingly voice talking non-stop through the com-link when Flash finally finishes that process, he only hears distorted sound. “Black Wine, you geezer!” Flash screamed. The Alicorn then proceeds to continuously stabbing its unfortunate opponent with its beam dagger. Flash and the Council manage to help each other avoid every single one of them. “Come and get you god damn ass out!”

“Language...” Rarity cleared her throat and said with an annoyed voice “Be gentle like the gentle colt you used to be…”

“Answer me!” he continued. He was distracted upon seeing the other mobile suits gradually leave the ship. This allowed the Alicorn to make a stab deep into one of the chest armor, triggering coolant leaking alarm inside the cockpit.

This is also when he has to hear his friends scream in pain.

“Good, they all left…” Black Wine sighed when he saw his last subordinate’s mobile suit leave the hangar and go straight into the battlefield. He has blocked all communications between the Psycho MkII Gundam’s and him. He knew the five souls that were trapped inside the Alicorn Gundam, and they were trying hard with an unbreakable spell that connected them with that Brandon guy. He didn't know how it happened, or how to stop it, but at least he knew how to suppress that spell. He actually finds out that the suit has previously and automatically registered Brandon’s bio signature, including his hands mark and iris shape. Thanks to his engineer’s skill, his bio info was struck off, and it was replaced with him.

It also connected his mind to them and allowed him to do the exact same thing Flash initially hated: being haunted every night to the end of life by the “Haunting Curse”, although Luster Dawn and her friends really against the idea of pulling another unfortunate creature into their dangerous and deadly adventure like they have with Flash Sentry.

However, their curse has forced them to take an undesirable turn.

It has connected them the same it has with Black Wine, the very pony that ordered the hunt for them which brought them to the Alicorn Gundam prison.

“Do you see that mobile suit out there?” Black Wine pointed his hooves to it while still trying to push it out of the hangar “Don’t worry, I've contained it for you!”

Words can’t describe how much hatred the five creatures have for Black Wine. “You sick scumbag!” Griselda yelled into his face. “You have forced us to be like this!”

“There’s no way we're gonna listen to your order!” followed Yolinda.

“Sorry, but you guys have to…” he once again pointed his hoof towards the Psycho MkII “That thing and whoever piloted it is trying to kill you! There is an evil spirit contained in that thing, and it has gone berserk. If we don’t contain it again, it can destroy the entire Equestria! Don’t you see the last time it nearly destroyed you?”

Luckily, for some reason, they can’t hear Twilight’s voice when she intimidated Black Wine in their first mock battle, so the friends have to nod their head.

“But we have to be a tool for your evil desire, right?” Luster Dawn questioned “And also, you don’t scare my non ponies friends here, you racist pony?”

She could sense his shake of fury within his mind, but what he shown before her a slight sigh and replied “I only wish to make our kingdom become safe, become more pure!” he looked towards Yolinda, Spring Garden and Griselda “Your leaders, especially your mom, Princess Spring Garden, have a future plan in their fur. Each of them wanted a slice of Equestria as if it was a tasty Appleloosa’s pie. They want to enslave us with a pony, Luster Dawn. You, BB and I will be all DEAD!”

He emphasized on the word “DEAD”, as well as piloting the Alicorn and the Psycho MkII out of the hangar and out to the open. “Now look at it trying to kill us!”

The Psycho MkII put up the beam rifle it just took and immediately made a beam shot toward them. Followed by another shot, this time it nearly hit the Alicorn’s head and made a burn on its cheek.

“Okay… But make no mistake, Black Wine. We’re not your friends, and never will be! Expect us to make your life worse than Tartarus!”

However, what they have to deal with first at the moment, is a rouge mobile suit in front of their eyes. For some reason, they have a feeling that it may be piloted by someone they hold dear. That feeling was quickly suppressed when it makes another beam shot toward them.

"Oh no, you don't!" yelled Griselda.

"Griselda, stop!" Yolinda screamed.