• Published 13th Feb 2022
  • 1,677 Views, 36 Comments

Family of Chaos - Animalman57



A collection of stories involving the home life of Discord, Fluttershy and their daughters after the events of season 9.

  • ...
1
 36
 1,677

Sweet Treats

So many options. How could she ever chose just one?

This was Wildflower's conundrum as she looked at all the cylindrical containers of various bright colors. Each tub had many different flavors, but all of them were calling out to her from behind frostbitten glass. She looked to the side and saw that her sister was having a similar dilemma, her face scrunched in a way that was clearly showing the difficulty in making such a hard decision.

"Girls?" Their mother's voice jolted their thoughts and the teens turned their heads as they saw Fluttershy and Discord behind them, the cart filled to the brim with supplies for the animals at the sanctuary, as well as groceries for themselves. "Have you picked out a flavor yet?"

Wildflower groaned. "No, we haven't. I mean, how can you expect us to pick just one when there are so many options?"

Fluttershy shook her head at her daughter's statement. She supposed it was kind of her fault for this. But the girls had been so well behaved recently that Fluttershy figured that allowing them to have their own ice cream choices at home was a good treat for them. After arriving at the store, the girls almost immediately ran off to the freezer section to get ice cream, much to the amusement of the parents. She thought maybe giving them some alone time (with some occasional invisible spying missions from Discord to make sure they were safe) might make it so they'd pick faster. But now it was time to go and Raven and Wildflower still haven't picked anything out yet.

She adjusted a few things in the cart before turning to her daughters. "Well, you'll need to pick one out soon, girls. I double-checked the store, and I didn't see anything else we need. And remember, you each get only one ice cream."

Both of them sighed before turning back towards the freezers, Raven's tail swishing slightly in thought. Each of their respective eyes scanned the many tubs, just hoping to pick a good flavor. Suddenly, Raven inhaled sharply and her tail stopped moving, becoming as stiff as a board. She jumped up and opened up the freezer before pulling out a yellowish carton. She closed the door with her hoof as she levitated in place, her tail wagging like a puppy as she stared happily at her chosen flavor.

"Caramel Cookie Surprise." She read aloud, drooling at the sight. Discord and Fluttershy looked at each other, sharing a smirk of amusement. The adolescent draconequus loved anything with caramel, so it was unsurprisingly to them that the flavor she picked has caramel in it. Raven placed the tub into the cart, making sure that it didn't fall out or mess anything else up.

Wildflower grimaced. Raven finally figured out an ice cream flavor. Meanwhile, she still had to pick and she was sure her mom was going to try and make her hurry up. She looked back at the freezer, darting her eyes back and and forth as she tried to finally figure out her problem. But it was just impossible to choose...

Just then, her eyes stopped as she found it, just behind a neatly stacked set of another flavor that she now didn't care about. She fling the door open and dug in, tossing out the tubs blocking her way. She finally pulled out the delicious treat that she seeked. The carton flashed a bright lime green and bright blue color at her.

"Mint Chocolate Chip Swirl." She licked her lips as she read the name of the ice cream. "Perfect!"

"Wild, I'm glad you found what you want but could you maybe clean up this mess first?" Fluttershy asked, looking at the mess her daughter created. Wildflower looked over and at least had the decency to look embarrassed.

After Wildflower took a short minute to put all the ice cream tubs back in their proper place, Discord snapped his tail tuft to fix the bent cartons so that they'd look presentable and the four of them headed to the checkout.


As soon as they got home, Fluttershy started unpacking all the items, including—much the dismay of the teens—their ice cream. Still, they waited patiently for the chance to have their tasty treats. Good things come those who wait and all that jazz.

The two of them were currently sitting in the living room. Wildflower was reading one of her Power Ponies comics while laying on her back on the couch while Raven read a book about animals on the rug in front of the fireplace.

"Girls!" Their mother called out from the kitchen. "Dinner's ready!"

Raven and Wildflower got up and entered the dining room where their mother had set up dinner. She had made angel hair pasta with alfredo sauce, it covered in shredded mozzarella cheese and diced cherry tomatoes. It was also served with salad and some glasses of water.

As the four of them ate dinner, the mind of the teens wandered to the ice cream that they had, hoping that they could eat it after dinner. As good as their mom's homemade cooking was, the promise of sweet delectable ice cream was almost too much to bare.

They managed to distract themselves by listening to their father's tale involving him and the Smooze at a party in an alternate dimension, though they were fairly certain he had adjusted the story to make him seem like less of a bad guy.

"Thankfully, me and Smoozie were able to set that guy straight and we partied on for the rest of the night." He started chuckling as he finished the story. "Smoozie even found a little special someslime." He smirked as he thought about the pinkish purple slime Smooze was dancing with.

Fluttershy started to clear her plate and planned to put it in the sink to clean it. "That's nice. Smooze deserves to find someone nice." Her plate was released from her grip and floated over to the sink. It, along with the plates of Discord and the girls as well as their cups, landed in the now soapy water, the sponge scrubbing the dishes on its own.

Fluttershy looked over at Discord. "Oh, thanks, Cordy."

He rubbed his paw against his chest. "Don't worry about it, Shyfly."

Fluttershy smiled at him before turning to the Chaos sisters. "Alright, girls. You've been very patient." She walked over to their icebox and popped it open, pulling out the ice cream cartons. The mouths of the girls opened slightly, drooling at the sight.

She placed the tubs down on the countertop and placed the ice cream into bowls. She set the bowls on the table and the teens sat down to eat their respective flavors.

As soon as they ate it, their eyes widened before they closed in bliss and let out a "Mmm" simultaneously. Clearly, they made the right choice.

Fluttershy smiled before her stomach growled. Discord looked over at her direction.

"Still hungry?" He asked with a slight frown. Fluttershy fiddled with a bit of her mane.

"Well, I guess I really want some ice cream myself. Too bad we didn't get any." She answered. Discord flashed that smirk that made Fluttershy's heart flutter.

"Au contraire, mi amor." He snapped his paw, causing a large blue ice cream carton to appear. Her eyes widened and she even drooled a little at the name marked on the tub—Blueberry Cheesecake. "While you were busy with the bagging, I might've snuck off and bought this for the two of us." The lid popped off and two spoons materialized. "After all, with all the work you've been doing at the sanctuary and all my hard work with Twilight, I think we both deserve a treat."

Fluttershy grabbed the spoon closest to her and scooped out a bit of the ice cream. Once she took a bite, she moaned in bliss as her mouth slowly curled into a smile.

"You picked a really good flavor, Cordy." She said, causing his chest to puff up as his ego went up even higher.

The two of them ate their ice cream tub, even taking turns feeding each other, while their girls continued to eat their ice cream. Even after the family finished their dessert, the dreams they had that night weren't half as sweet as their tasty little treats.


Author's Note:

The next chapter was going to be involving a flashback story about Raven's first day of school, but I just lost some steam. It started becoming longer than I thought it'd be and I became stuck. But after my parents recently bought things for ice cream sundaes, I suddenly had an idea for a shorter and sweeter (pun very much intended) chapter.

Raven adores anything with caramel. Much like I do. :twilightblush: