• Published 25th Jan 2022
  • 1,622 Views, 30 Comments

Phoenix Magic: Rainbow Rocks - Magic Kitsune Brony



It's time to rock. But a musical trio is coming to CHS. Can the Rainbooms defeat this new evil?

  • ...
3
 30
 1,622

Chapter 4

The Rainbooms and Zuko met up in front of the Wondercolt Statue, to wait and see if Princess Twilight or someone on the other side of the portal answered the message. Rarity was doing Fluttershy’s nails, Applejack and Pinkie were playing cards, Rainbow was messing around with her soccer ball, and Sunset and Zuko were going through her old tome.

“I’m starting to think she’s not coming,” Rainbow barely finished her sentence when to body came flying out of the statue’s base.

They looked over to see, “Twilight!” They shouted as they ran over to give her a hug.

“I’m back,” Twilight said as they let go. “And I’ve got some bad news about those new girls.”

They led her to the Sweet Café where Twilight told them about her new title and what she had learned about the sirens. Her eyes widen when Rainbow showed her a video of her pony-up while play guitar.

“Hmm,” Twilight thought for a moment. “My crown was returned to Equestria, but some of its magic must have remained here at Canterlot High.”

“And mixed with our human magic, giving it a boost,” Pinkie smiled at the thought

“Human magic?” Twilight was shocked. “Humans have their own magic”

“Oh yeah, you don’t know about that, do you?” Rainbow rubbed the back of her head.

“I guess we better fill you in,” Rarity said where she sat next to Twilight.

“Mind you, we’ll give you the basics for now. We’ll tell you more at Pinkie’s house tonight, after that party for the showcase bands we have,” Applejack pointed out

They finished their drinks and started walking towards the school, all the while explaining some of their magic to Twilight. They explained about the magic, some of the magical subjects at the school and about Sunset and Zuko’s soul bond.

“So, that’s why you weren’t affected by their magic,” Twilight concluded.

“That’s our guess as well,” Zuko said, as he and Sunset smiled at each other.

“Also, because of our lessons, we’ve figured out to somewhat control our ‘pony-ups’,” Rainbow said. “Well, at least, how to prevent the pony-ups, not so much on how to pony up at will”

They continued to explain as much as they could as they finally made it to the school auditorium. They walked in to see that everyone was still arguing and eyeing each other in suspicion. Then Flash and Twilight collided with each other.

“Twilight?” Flash asked, having caught her before she fell

“Eh,” Twilight started getting her words mixed. “Eh, bumped, into, always, doing?”

“What are you doing here?” Flash asked. “You came back for the big competition, right?”

“Something like that,” Twilight answered, placing her arms behind her back

“Huh. Not that there’s gonna be any real competition,” Flash bragged. “No one here wants this as bad as my band does!”

Twilight was about to reply when she felt something land in her hair and she turned to see Rainbow gesturing to the doors, where she spotted the three new girls that had just walked in. “Can you excuse me for just a minute?” She asked Flash, who just shrugged.

After trying to use the ‘Magic of Friendship’, and failing, the group moved outside. On the way out, Sunset had spotted the Dazzlings’ leader Adagio eyeing them with a look of realisation and greed.

They walked outside to sit on the front steps. They started discussing what just happened. Twilight started pacing.

“It doesn’t make any sense,” she said. “I should have been able to create the spark that would help us break their spell. That’s how it worked before”

“But to defeat Stormy, you drew magic from the crown she was wearing,” Sunset pointed out. “The sirens’ magic comes from their music. So maybe we have to use the same kind of magic to defeat them”

“Sunset, I think you’re onto something,” Twilight said after a moment in thought. “It’s when you play music that you transform now, right?”

“Yup,” Applejack answered. “Ears, tails, the whole shebang”

“So maybe the way to use that magic to defeat the sirens is by playing a musical counter-spell!” Twilight concluded

“You mean like a song?” Fluttershy asked

“Uh-huh,” Twilight nodded. “And in order to free everyone who’s been exposed to the sirens’ spell, we’ll need them all to hear it”

“The band competition!” Rarity exclaimed. “That’s the next time we can be certain everyone will be in the same place at the same time”

“You’re right,” Applejack agreed. “It’ll be the best time to do the song”

“Before you do that, I have a suggestion,” Zuko got their attention. “Maybe we could ask Miss Zecora if she has a potion that could help”

“Yeah, we could,” Rainbow agreed, standing up and gesturing to them to follow. “Come on”

“There’s a Zecora here?” Twilight asked as they followed Rainbow.

“Yep,” Pinkie answered, eating a cookie. “She’s our potions teacher”

Soon they made it to Zecora’s office and knocked. “Come in, my dears,” Zecora said as she opened the door. “I already know why you are here”

“How?” Twilight was confused

“Zecora is a seer,” Pinkie explained. “She sometimes can see the future and sometimes she just knows things”

“Oh,” was all Twilight could say

“I have made a potion that should help loosen the spell’s hold,” Zecora said as she brought forth a vial. “However, I could only make a certain amount in the time I had”

“I think we should place the potion in Celestia and Luna’s drinks,” Applejack suggested.

“Good idea, Applejack,” Rarity complimented. “But what about the students”

“I’ve been thinking about that,” Sunset said, placing the vial in her pocket. “I noticed as we were leaving, that the sirens have picked up on the fact that we aren’t effected by their spell.”

“Where are you going with this Sunset?” Rainbow asked

“Well, according to Zuko’s dad, they are after Equestrian magic,” Sunset explained. “And I’m sure like any magic, using too much must be draining. They’re trying to control a lot of students. So, if we were to tempt them into trying to control us while also keeping control of the others…”

“They’re magic will be too spread out, and will have more strain,” Rarity concluded. “And with their focus on us, their hold on the students will begin to weaken”

“Right,” Sunset nodded, before thinking for a minute. “But let’s not make it too easy for them. the first song could be Rainbow’s ‘Awesome as I want to be’. Because it sounds a little selfish, they will think their spell is working, until the end where we can just let ourselves glow a little, start drawing their attention”

“And during the song,” Zuko piped up. “I could use a swap spell to replace the principles’ drinks with ones that contain the potion”

“Oh, and while we compete in the competition,” Rarity smiled at the Twilight. “Twilight can work on a counter spell song”

“Well, I don’t know any,” Twilight admitted. “But I’m sure I could figure out how to write one”

“Totally! Twilight can write a spell like it’s nobody’s business,” Spike boasted. “That’s pretty much how she got to become a princess in Equestria”

“Technically, I helped finish a spell,” Twilight corrected him. “And there was a little more to it than that, Spike”

“Yeah, whatever,” Spike shrugged

“I’ve got this,” Twilight said as they started to leave the potions room

“Awesome,” Rainbow said, smiling. “We now have a game plan”

“Hey Twilight,” Applejack got her attention, after noticing Twilight heading the opposite direction to them. “Where’re you goin’?”

“Well, last time we were here,” Twilight answered. “Spike and I spent the night in the library”

“Are you crazy?!” Pinkie exclaimed, grabbing a hold of Twilight. “We’re besties now! Slumber party at my house!”

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait, I got distracted with a new fandom I just got into, but don't worry, I will continue this story and series