• Published 20th Apr 2023
  • 372 Views, 0 Comments

Heat and Thirst - WinterStormed



Auriel, The Vampire Hunter, faces a Vampire unheard of.....and she's very thirsty.

  • ...
 0
 372

Coming from the heat

“ There you go mister...uhhhh..."

The pony gave a small smile to the three fillies helping him. Apple bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. "Sorry little ones, totally slipped my mind. My name is Auriel Aourar Light." A light grey coat with a silver mane with a lock of dark blue blocking a bit of his right eye but his name screams sun related themes. Go figure.

The three fillies heads tilted. "That's one long name mister."

Auriel chuckled inwardly. You think that’s long. You should hear some of the names the guys have back at home.

Auriel looked at the filly, chuckling softly. "Auriel. Auriel is just fine." They look so adorable ! “ Well, thank you for showing me the way to my new home.” The Stallion bowed his head. “I am in your debt and shall fulfil what was promised.”

The cutie mark crusaders giggled at the gentle colt display albeit with Sweetie Belle adorning a faint blush adorning her cheeks.

“ OK gals, I’ll go first .” Apple bloom cleared her throat. “Are yer here to attend Princess Twilight’s school of friendship ? ”

Auriel gave a small smile as he shook his head. Who the hell names a school ‘School of friendship’ ? Equestria is strange indeed. Hoo, I'm missing the desert already . “No, I finished my schooling around two years ago but obviously one truly does not stop learning.... ” until you die or drop dead from age. Where did that come from ? Guess I'm bit high strung.. The fillies dont need to know that.

The filly with the tiny wings rolled her eyes. “Way to go wasting a question Apple bloom. ”

The trio planned on asking questions about his cutie mark. Clearly nothing was going according to the plan.

It seemed Apple bloom realised her mistake after Scootaloo spoke. She gave a sheepish grin to her friends before turning to me once again. "Can I have one more question ? Pleeeeeeease ."

Oh no. She's doing that thing with her eyes again. "Ok ,ok ok. One more chance." Auriel said. Too cute to resist. He actually did not mind answering their questions. But where's the fun in that ?

Apple bloom gave an award winning smile as her two friends rolled their eyes. " Can you explain your cutie mark ?"

Auriel felt his heart stop. That caught him of guard. Ok. The one aspect of his life he really did not want to speak about. They saw his cutie mark ? Normally his abnormally large wings covered from view. He lifted his wing revealing a silver sword. Oh, what lie can he tell them ?


The conversation ended soon after as the sky began to change into an orange hue. “This town is a really cheerful place. A bit too much but I'll live.” Auriel sighed as he plopped into the nearest couch in his new house. “Will I ever forget ?” He said softly. The fillies questions resurfaced some terrible memories of his. He had a secret. He was a vampire slayer as his parents were and there parents before them and so on. But he did not want that path. Sure he was good at it, like really good but it carried a heavy burden. The act of taking a life. Like ponies, there were good and bad vampires but as hunters there were no such thing. He could not take it and with great difficulty he luckily managed to leave that kind of life.

He leaned back as he pictured his parents, brothers and sisters. His family. It’s been two years since after graduating from all the intensive training and learning he endured and all the sacrifices he made, only to turn down his inauguration as full fledged vampire hunter. His family broke ties on that day with him and the Vampire Slayer community took a vote and banished him from the howling woods.

Auriel stared at the ceiling. “Of all the days they could’ve banish me and yet they chose to do so on my birthday. Bastards.”

After being banished, he ended up as a mercenary in Saddle Arabia. The howling woods bordered Equestria and Saddle Arabia and he knew a bit of Arabic. He decided to start over there.... as a bodyguard for a Caliph. It was a chance encounter, unknowingly saving the Caliph’s life in a bandit attack. He took a liking to Auriel and took him under his wing (metaphorically speaking) . This peaceful arrangement lasted right until last Thursday. Two years of bliss, of friends, of work and sums of money until the Equestrians had to come and mess it up. The Caliph, that lovable fool, coaxed Auriel to leave with the equestrians. The caliph is easily persuaded or should I say fooled by the We-need-your-help-from- (insert your situation)- only- you- can save- us scenario.


“Akhi, your kind calls for you.”

“Hoofiya. I. Am. Not. Going.”

“Auriel, this message comes directly from your ‘amiira. ”

“I don’t care if it’s from a princess. She can take this message of hers and shove it up you know where. I ain't going back.”

Hoofiya sighed. “Some poor soul needs your help. If you don’t, who will ? I know you, you're not the type to let a mahr in danger. ”

Auriel snorted. "Watch me."

...and he did, followed by putting Auriel in a box and mailing him to his destination. Ponyville.


Auriel snorted as the reverie faded. “Fee amanillah Hoofiyah but i'm gonna kick that sorry flank of yours when I get back.”

Or put him on a box. One of the two....... or maybe both. Yes ! That would work. He could kick his flank into the box and mail him to some god awful place. Like Canterlot.

*Knock*
*Knock*

He heard alot about the pony capital from Hoofiya and by alot he meant not a single word of the damn place. You see, Hoofiya is a nice hisan with a chatterbox for a mouth. So his silence was deafening on the matter whenever it was brought up.

*KNOCK*

His stomach began to rumble. "Oh well, time to put some fuel in the tank." Auriel said as he woke up from his rest and reverie.

*KNOCKKNOCKKNOCKNK !!!!!!*

"Oh for fu#$ sakes. I'm coming !" He cursed as he rerouted from the kitchen to the door. He was peeved, thinking ignoring the knocks would make them go away. Look were that got him.

"Whoever's knocking better have a good reason." He muttered as he unlocked the door. "They fu#$@%g my no swear rule ! Gah ! I did it again ! Hoofiya would have my tounge for this."

He opened the door restrainingly, preventing his irritated nature from violently opening the door.

There were two well built ponies. The one on the right was no doubt an Equestrian guard, sporting the gold colored steel armour. The pony on the left on the other hoof was-

"Well I'll be. It's been some eh ? Dark Spring."

Dark Spring lowered his mask from his mouth while bowing his head. "Yes Sir Aurora Light."

Auriel narowed his eyes. Dark Spring was the his rival back in the academy days. There rivalry was more so of anger, hatred and jealously than anything under the sun. He knew he was oust from the family, from the town, his titles stripped. All in all this bastard was messing with him. Auriel stared back, his blue eyes much more colder. "You better have a good reason to disturb me Dark otherwis I'll put you six hooves under."

The Equestrian guard raised his spear before Dark waved him of. "It's fine. I don't mean any offence Auriel. Your family has reinstated you back."

Auriel rasied an eyebrow. Reinstated ? They think a family some sort of company hierarchy ? Dark looked....serious. No smirk or malicous intent. None of his usual antics. He's hiding something ."What's going on Dark ?"

Dark sighed as he signaled the Equestrian guard to leave. The guard left joining the rest of the sudden appearance of guards surrounding the house. "There is a princess in your house Auriel."

Auriel narrowed his eyes. "Are you setting me up Dark ? You know this won't end well." Dark shook his head as he pushed his hoof towards Auriel only to hit an invisible force.

"What the hell ?" Auriel said as he tried to do the same to no avail as he too was met with an invisible force.

Dark looked at Auriel with pity. "I'm sorry Auriel. They wanted our best to deal with this situation and, even though you left, They insisted you should be the one. I know were are not what ponies would call friends but if could, I would have taken your place."

Auriel watched as Dark left, The puzzle finally complete. The letter for help, him being an experienced Vampire hunter, the fact he cannot leave the house nor can anypony enter.

A vampire has taken up residency here.

He trembled as he turned around, the house darkening with dread. "What the hell did I get myself into ?"

Author's Note:

Forgive the google transalated arabic !

Akhi........brother (Pronounced Agggee)

'Amiira......Princess

mahr.........pony (Pronounced Maa-hur) the u sounds like the u in the word under. R is emphasied.

Hisan.........horse

Fee amaanillah........it means be in the safety of Allah(God)