• Published 12th Jan 2022
  • 555 Views, 12 Comments

Time to Shine - Easysnuggler



Why did magic go away, what does it mean now that it is back? And where is everypony?

  • ...
3
 12
 555

PreviousChapters Next
25. Three Points and No Summary

“I can be pretty sneaky when I want to be.”

-Princess Zephyrina ‘Zipp’ Storm

25. Three Points and no Summary

Once upon a time there was a pegasus pony. Sugar Paradise was a confectioner, and she had a cookie for a cutie mark. She made the best cookies in the city where she lived. When the magic came back, she was moved to travel the land in search of others like herself, cooks with the most amazing talents for making the most delectable treats. Soon she had found one – in Maretime Bay – Apple Glory, an earth pony with an apple cutie mark. Together they had set out to the far-off land of Bridlewood to meet another of their kind, a unicorn if they could find one. It was known that the roads were not safe. Manticores, chimeras, giant birds and walking trees had all been seen in the wild lands between their distant homes. And so, two earth pony brothers from Maretime Bay, Swift and Sturdy Spear had been hired as guards to protect their little wagon caravan as it journeyed to the legendary unicorn forest of Bridlewood.

The two cooks had regretted every mile of it.

Swift Spear was green, yellow, and thin. Sturdy Spear was yellow, green, and fat. One had a green stripe, the other a yellow stripe. They had one brain between them.

“Well, all I’m saying is you ruined mom’s birthday by announcing you were leaving home.”

“Well, you were leaving home too.”

“Yea, but I didn’t have sheriff Hitch after me for trying to play grab-plot with Moon Pie’s Filly.”

“She’s not that much older than me.”

“You are three times her age Swift. THREE TIMES.”

“She looked mature for her age.”

“SHE DIDN’T HAVE HER CUTIE MARK!”

“Some fillies get them late. Mom was over twenty.”

“Spear Point is her age.”

“Your filly doesn’t hang out in bars.”

“That’s not the point Swift. What is wrong with you?”

“My sex life is none of your business anyway.”

“Well Critter Comforter knows. I had her talk to her dad to get that hot shot lawyer to convince Hitch to drop the charges.”

“Nothing happened.”

“You were going to pay her to pose for pictures Swift.”

“Just on one of those phone contraptions. It was her idea. Making foal pornography he called it, and solicitation. It’s ridiculous.”

“You went to jail Swift. 3 days.”

“I did not do nothing. All Hitch had to say is she lied about her age, and I would have backed right off.”

“Well Spear Point heard us arguing. Critter Comforter told Spear Point. Now Hearths Warming is going to be a nightmare.”

“Mom wants to have it at your place.”

“I know. She told Critter that’s where it was happening. Critter was choking on some of that Pine Cleaner mom uses at the time and could not get a word in edgewise.”

“Well good for mom. Well-played.”

“Swift, what am I going to tell Spear Point about her creepy old uncle?”

“Sturdy, how is it any of her business?”

“Oh my gosh Swift, it’s out there. Its family business. I read them that letter you sent me explaining what happened.”

“Yea, and so?”

“So, you weren’t even slightly contrite, didn’t accept any responsibility. It was all woe is me.”

“So, I don’t want to have a big discussion about my sex life”

“It’s not about your sex life, it’s about your arrest.”

There was a pause. Sugar Paradise and Apple Glory briefly hoped that would be the end of it. But after a moment Sturdy continued.


“They agreed you shouldn’t have been arrested or charged with that baloney. Especially since that’s not the first time that Cherry Pie has done this sort of thing.”

“Okay, great”

“Anyway, on the other hoof they are disturbed by the ‘unhealthy power dynamic that you were creating with’ the age gap in your relationship and the financial gap of it.’ Critter and I would steer Spear Point away from any relationship like that. Even if it wasn’t sexual.”

“I hear you.”


There was blessed silence for a time.


“Critter Comforter’s cousin Third Wheel is still living with me. He’s allergic to trees.”

“He’s allergic to… trees?”

“Trees”



“We’re getting an artificial tree for Hearth’s Warming.”



“It’s rainbow colored.”



Sugar Paradise and Apple Glory held their breath.



“Is that because Spear Point is gay, or bisexual?”

“Non-Binary. Fully harmonious. Trans-tribal as well probably. If that’s a thing.”

“I didn’t know that.”

“I thought dad told you.”

“No.”

“Oh, well I probably shouldn’t have said anything then.”

“Oh great. Does mom know?”

“No”

“That’s probably good. You know how she is. Infected immigrants from Bridlewood and Zephyr Hills. She’s a piece of work.”



Sugar Paradise and Apple Glory breathed in relief. Surely the discussion had reached its end.



“She’s coming out on Hearths Warming.”


The two cooks facehooved.

Author's Note:

So they said to write what you know…

PreviousChapters Next