• ...
3
 12
 612

Chapter 2: The Unicorn Castle

"Those people were after the scroll, I'm sure!" Twilight said as she followed Spike through the streets of Canterlot City "What's so special about this ship? What secret does The Alicorn keep?"


After several hours of searching, when night fell, Twilight and Spike arrived at what appeared to be their destination: an old mansion on the outskirts of Canterlot City.

Silently, Twilight noticed a steel sign next to the shadow, which displayed the name of the mansion.

"Unicorn Castle. Property of Abacus Cinch" Twilight read the steel sign "It seems to me that ringing the doorbell won't do any good..."

At that moment, Twilight noticed some vines on the fence wall, and had an idea.

"Come on, Spike" Twilight said.

With extreme care, Twilight placed Spike on his back and began to climb the vines on the wall, crossing to the other side.

However, what Twilight was unaware of at the time was that two men were spying on her from behind a tree.

"That girl is going to see Mrs. Cinch" said one of the men, before turning to who seemed to be her boss "What do we do now, Grogar?"

At that moment, the man whose name was Grogar, had not stopped looking at Twilight, and analyzed the situation.

"Nothing" Grogar replied to his partner "For now".


Meanwhile, Twilight and Spike began to creep through the garden of the mansion.

"This place is huge" Twilight whispered "Let's not make noise, Spike."

Then, when they were near a window, Twilight began to hear voices. One belonged to a man and the other belonged to a woman, from whom Twilight deduced that she was this Abacus Cinch.

"And good?" asked the man "Do you have it, boss?"

"A teen girl bought it just before me. We got it back, but there was nothing there" said Cinch, who had the mockup of The Alicorn in her hands "I am sure of she must have found the scroll".

"Well, we'll put it back in its place, boss" replied the man "We'll come up with something."

At that moment, Twilight realized something.

"Abacus Cinch is that woman we met at the market!" Twilight said "Come on Spike. We have to get my mockup back. We will try to follow them..."

Seeing the back door of the mansion, Twilight tried to open it ... without success.

"Shit. Dead end" said Twilight frustrated.

At that moment, Twilight noticed a rat passing through the garden, but instead of being scared, she was glad of it.

"Eureka, Spike! Let's follow her" Twilight said to Spike, while she pointed at the rat "Rats always know how to enter... it will guide us..."

Thanks to the rat, Spike found a small hole that connected directly to the basement of the mansion. He then jumped onto the latch on the outside door, allowing Twilight to open the door from outside.

"We are in the basement under the mansion!" said Twilight "We made it!"

But then, just as she was about to step inside the mansion, Twilight had an idea.

"But first... keep the scroll" said Twilight, as she took out the scroll that she found in the mockup of The Alicorn and carefully placed it on Spike's necklace, hiding it "If we get caught, you won't be searched..."


With silence and care, Twilight and Spike advanced through the corridors of the mansion, making sure that no one discovered them.

As she advanced, Twilight heard the guards speak, saying that Abacus Cinch had kept the mockup of The Alicorn in a room called the Marine Room.

Upon reaching said room, Twilight was surprised to see the marine artifacts that she had exhibited there.

"Wow! Incredible" said Twilight "What a collection... a real private museum."

Then, Twilight realized that, in one of the cabinets, there were certain objects that caught her attention.

"My mockup of The Alicorn!" Twilight said, approaching the display case "And... another Alicorn!?"

It turns out that in the display case... there were TWO mockups of The Alicorn, exactly the same.

Seeing the mockups, Twilight was reminded of the poem she had written on the scroll she found.

"Do you remember, Spike?" Twilight said to her dog "Three Alicorns traveling in the noon sun..."

But before finishing her sentence, a voice interrupted her.

"Well, well, well..." said the voice "The little brat from the market and her dog".

Turning around, Twilight comes face to face... with Abacus Cinch.

"I think you have something that belongs to me... Miss Sparkle" Cinch said.

"But what is she talking about?" Twilight asked confused, before pointing at one of the mockups of The Alicorn "That's MY boat! I paid for it!"

"And you should have sold it when I asked..." Cinch said.

In that moment, Twilight knew exactly what was going on.

"You... are looking for The Alicorns too, right, Mrs. Cinch?" Twilight asked.

"Why are you so interested in these Alicorns?" Cinch asked.

"Because there were THREE Alicorns, all made by Elizabeth Shimmer" Twilight answered.

"Relics for her three daughters..." Cinch replied.

"And each boat has a scroll hidden by a secret mechanism in the masts" Twilight continued "I wonder what all that is about".

"It's nothing" said Cinch "Those ships are not important..."

"And you expect me to believe it?" Twilight said "I guess we're talking... about hidden treasure... right?"

At that moment, Cinch pulled out a pistol.

"You ask too many questions... miss Sparkle" Cinch said, as he pointed his gun at Twilight.

"I'm a little curious... nothing more" said Twilight.

"Enough!" Cinch yelled "If you have the scroll, give it to me!"

"Or what?" Twilight asked.

Then, Cinch felt as if something were biting his leg, discovering Spike. And taking advantage of the occasion, Twilight punched in the face of her, knocking her unconscious on the spot.

"Good boy, Spike!" Twilight said, congratulating her dog.

Checking Cinch, Twilight found the key to the display case, and with said key, she opened it.

"And now ..." said Twilight "Let's see what these Alicorns have up their sleeve ..."

Carefully, Twilight activated the mast mechanism on one of the mockups of The Alicorn, but unfortunately, the chest in the secret compartment was empty.

"Nothing... It'll be my mockup of The Alicorn" Twilight said "Let's try the other one".

Twilight repeated the same process with the other mockup of The Alicorn.

"Yes, Spike!" Twilight said, pulling the chest out of the secret compartment "We got it!"

But unfortunately, she was surprised to see the contents of the chest.

"Empty?" Twilight said "But ... how ...?"

At that moment, Twilight and Spike realized that Cinch was sneaking out the window ... with the second scroll in his hand!

"You little brat!" Cinch yelled "Is this what you're looking for?"

"The scroll! She's got it ...!" Twilight said "Come on Spike!"

But then when Twilight and Spike also jumped out of the window, they both realized that Cinch had gotten into a car... and was intending to run them over!

"Oh, shit!" Twilight said "Spike, RUN!"


During the chase, Spike managed to take cover in some bushes, but Twilight was trapped in a part of the garden, without the possibility of escaping.

At that moment, the car stopped, with Cinch getting out of the vehicle and with his gun pointed at Twilight.

"It's her last chance Miss Sparkle!" Cinch said "Where is the scroll?"

"I don't have it!" Twilight answered.

Cinch then placed the tip of her gun on Twilight's forehead, intending to pull the trigger.

"Then I don't need it anymore!" Cinch said.

But then, just as Cinch was about to shoot, someone hit her from behind her, knocking her unconscious.

Twilight found out that her saviors... were Grogar and her partner!

"Wow... Thank you, gentlemen!" Twilight said "I think I owe you guys one!"

But then, Twilight noticed that Grogar's partner was searching Cinch, obtaining what she was looking for: the scroll!

"Grogar! I've got it!" the man said, handing the scroll to Grogar.

Twilight was surprised by what she saw: her saviors only wanted Cinch's scroll.

"But what do they do?" Twilight asked.

At that moment, Twilight got it.

"So they're also looking ..." Twilight said, starting to move away from those men "Who are you?"

However, before Twilight could get her answers, a third person struck her from behind, knocking her unconscious as well.

"What do we do with these women, boss?" Grogar's second partner asked, pointing at Twilight and Cinch "Did we kill them?"

"No. Leave the woman..." Grogar said, before pointing at Twilight "But bring the girl... she knows a lot..."


A few minutes later, Grogar and his men shoved a bound and gagged Twilight into the trunk of her own car, which was outside the mansion.

Then the car started, without the three men knowing that Spike was watching them, and he began to secretly follow them, with the intention of rescuing his owner.

Author's Note:

Instead of recovering her mockup of The Alicorn, Twilight ends up being kidnapped by Grogar and his henchmen.

Where do they take her?

Spike to the rescue!