• Published 2nd Feb 2022
  • 128 Views, 6 Comments

A Cute Little Pony - Badguy400



Something about one of the Crusaders being watched over. More details in the long description

  • ...
 6
 128

Prologue: The Calming Peace Before the Raging Storm

King Sombra is out on a stroll in Ponyville. The reason why is because firstly; it’s a beautiful day outside, and that he doesn’t wanna miss out on all the sunshine while it’s still out there… . I mean after all; Sombra’s home in Ponyville barely has any bright colors there to reflect the sunlight from within; am I right? The second reason why is because Sombra wanted to explore, and also that he doesn’t wanna get too cooped up in his home all day. And lastly; his home got infested with crystal eating termites; so he has basically no choice but to vacate his house while the fumigators do their jobs… .

Anyways; King Sombra is out on a stroll and taking in the fresh air. He could see that the Cakes are outside, and are having a nice lunch at the Ponyville Cafe. Unfortunately though; as he expected it; the Twins started fighting again about something, and then they began to toss food at each other because of their argument about who knows what; prompting their parents to intervene. He would’ve helped them break up the fight too, but can’t as firstly; it seemed too personal to intervene. Secondly; he knew that the Twins were not earth ponies, and just decided to let the parents handle it as he doesn’t wanna get blasted by one of Pumpkin Cake’s magic bolts; or having Poundcake accidentally wailing on him for when he comes to blows with his sibling. And lastly; before he could actually attempt to help out with breaking up the fight; Rarity from out of nowhere took his hoof, and pulled him aside so they could talk about something… ; leaving the two parents to deal with the situation themselves.

Stunned that he was pulled aside by what he assumed was a random pony at first, but then eventually founded out that it was only Rarity; King Sombra took a deep breath to calm himself down so he could recover from his shocked state, and then asks; “Rarity? What’re you doing here? I thought you were gonna go to your party at Canterlot, or something… .”

Rarity cleared her throat, and then says; “of course I am darling. Why would you ask something as silly as that?”

King Sombra chuckled to himself, and then replied; “uh… because you told me all that through a letter, and to possibly tell your friends if they didn’t know yet. Remember?”

Rarity blinked, chuckles, and then replies back; “I did… . But I also didn’t mention this particular thing in the letter because I wanted to talk to you about it personally.”

King Sombra blinked too; this time out of confusion, and then asks; “what “thing” are you exactly referring to?”

Rarity gave a deep sigh, and then says; “oh it’s just that I thought since I’m going away for a while, then maybe you could do something for me… ?”

Still not knowing what she was referring about; King Sombra then asked; “like what… ?” clearly having his patience tested.


“Are you nuts?!” Sombra shouted while he’s at the boutique with Rarity and Sweetie Belle.

“Yeah…” Sweetie Belle chimes in with a slight whine to her voice. “Are you kidding me?! No way! I’m too old to be babysat, and you know this!”

King Sombra pointed to Sweetie Belle with both shadow arms while looking at Rarity, and then says; “see?! This is why I don’t wanna babysit her when you first proposed the idea! Even I can tell that she’s too old for foalsitters, and you know it!”

Rarity gave off a sad face; hoping that it’ll somehow convince the ex villain to somehow agree to Rarity’s terms, and such.

Not wanting to have her older sibling look so embarrassing while she’s being dramatic; Sweetie Belle gave off a growl, and then said; “fine! I’ll let King Sombra babysit me if you stop with that face! Okay?!”

Rarity then smiled brightly, and then said; “I won’t be gone for long now darlings… . Now then; behave yourselves, and I’ll be back before you know it. Okay?”

Sombra gave out a heavy sigh, and said; “we get it… . Now go! You’ll miss your party.”

Rarity beamed, and then hopped off to the front door. But before she could fully leave; Rarity peeked her head out through the door that’s slightly opened, and then says; “oh, one more thing… .”

Sombra sighs again, and then says; “what now… ?”

Rarity then responded; “please do make sure that Sweetie Belle gets to bed on time… . She can get really cranky when she doesn’t get enough sleep; okay?”

Sweetie Belle got a little speechless/angry at that comment, and then shouted; “are you kidding me?!”

Rarity just smiled, and then said; “ta ta… ” while waving the two goodbye before leaving for good this time; (or until she returns from the party of course).

Sweetie Belle then got red all over from her anger, and then growled while having supposed steam coming out from her ears because of it. King Sombra sighs, and then says; “let’s just forget about her. Besides; I wouldn’t want you and the Crusaders having a wicked party and trashing the boutique in the process… right?

Sweetie Belle giggled from that remark, and then said; “I guess so… if you can handle it that is… “ she smirked.

King Sombra chuckles, and then says; “I can too handle this… . Now then… “ he began before clapping his shadow hands together; “what do you wanna do now… ?”