• Published 5th Dec 2021
  • 545 Views, 4 Comments

The Adventures of Flare Brimstone - Burningbloom78



Join the adventures of an esteemed mare and agent of Princess Celestia!

  • ...
 4
 545

The Lost Relic

The wind howls throughout the endless sky field; the waters churn unending, roaring underneath the vastness of the oceanic abyss, and across the blue surface surrounded by the ocean's grip, lay a single piece of land that served as the hallow grounds of a sanctuary; a temple long been forgotten.

Ruins of time immemorial, derelict, with memories that none alive, can recall, shrouded by clouds looming above that shield the land from the rays of the sun; never to be touched, and thus, the grounds are frigid and foggy, damping the already moist soil.

The seasons cannot touch that place. Rain can never drip upon its soil, and the wind, only the wind, who has been a visitor since its creation has ever been to the temple even after its abandonment; however, one soul lies amongst the hallowed grounds, anxious, and donned in gear mirroring an adventurer.

A creature from a faraway land who was soundly conveyed by the rumors from another to seek out the temple to satiate their lust for escapades. The temple hasn't had a visitor so sound like the wind who passes the gates and enters its barren grounds.

Amongst the front of the temple were broken sculptures similar to the adventurer and branches from what were once hedges lay strewn across the cold soil as the adventurer passed through, silently admiring the dark state; the ruins for adventurers are simply treasure troves of old history.

Excited, yet wary, the adventurer was searching for an item that has survived the decay of time itself to be taken back to a place she owned. She circled to the back, gazing at the dirty, air-decaying white shafts that still held the temple high.

With her tireless scrounging, the adventurer came across a large structure, an edifice with a green rooftop smaller than the temple, and damaged by time. The door was unlocked and hinged open with very little hindrance. Inside the dome was a patch of flowers in the middle swaying in the wind that entered through the door; they were roses as blood-colored as they could be.

Yellow light beamed down upon the flowers, which could not be as the light from the sun had been blocked by the clouds looming over the temple. The light was mystical by the enchantment of magic to keep a constant shine on the blood-red roses, something of an ancient mysticism the adventurer had never seen before.

The blood-red roses showed great vigor like there was a gardener that tended to them every single day for the rest of their lives, but no one has come close to this place in centuries. The adventurer thought about picking a few but decided to forgo her quick judgment and left the blood-red roses to their lonesome; the adventurer came to pluck something else from its place.

After checking around the temple, she headed back to the front of the temple. The adventurer noticed the cracked doors of the temple were faintly accessible and took a trip up the dirty steps to look beyond what the temple hid behind its doors.

Forward through the doors, the adventurer found herself in a large area filled with fallen pieces of the temple, where an altar stood, she saw, beholding an item enclosed inside a glass case. Above her were banners of the sun and moon, but they were ancient, aged, and there were more modern designs of themselves flowing in the castle that overlooks a city.

She saw doors on the sides of the temple, but they were unfortunately blocked by debris, making them inaccessible, to her dismay, nonetheless, this is where the searching ends.

The adventurer walked up to the altar and stared at the item in the glass case. It was a gem embedded inside the center of a large yellow and blue necklace. The necklace itself signified a rotation or balance of the sun and moon as it being day and night working together in harmony.

The gem is a shadowed crystal that held inside its center a small, bright, yellow-orange amber jewel. These signify corruption and sin, and they were hidden amongst the necklace, and it seemed that it was never meant to be worn.

Without a second thought, the adventurer opened the glass case and took the necklace, and exits out the temple with no consequence.

The adventurer made it back to her ship being manned by tons of ponies, most of them are stallions. One of them says, "The captain is coming aboard! Lower the plank!"

The adventurer climbed onboard and walked up towards the wheel along with her first mate who trailed behind her, Gorge.

"Captain Flare Brimstone," he spoke with a lazy tone, "did you find what you were looking for?"

"Yes," Flare Brimstone replied. "I found something very interesting I would like to show Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Make sail for Equestria, this storm isn't getting any better."

Gorge sighed. "Home is where the bed is."

Flare Brimstone rolled her eyes. "Less yapping, more doing," she stressed, preparing to steer the valve.

"Aye-aye, boss," Gorge retorted. "Setting sail for a three-day journey back to Duty Shoals!"

Flare Brimstone tapped Gorge's shoulder. "Where's Star Flow?" she asked. "I need him to navigate us back to Duty Shoals."

"She asks me 'where's Star Flow?' "Star is where he's always been, below deck playing with dice. I will go fetch him."

Gorge sluggishly flew down below the deck to fetch Star Flow, who serves as Flare Brimstone's navigator and second mate when she's on water-bound voyages.

Gorge yawned. "Captain needs you up the deck."

"You look beat, Gorge," said Star Flow. "You've been sleeping alright?"

He chuckled. "You know I'm always like this; everything is tiring to me. Would you hurry up?" he begged. "The captain doesn't like waiting, you know."

"Gee, you aren't lying," Star Flow told him, chuckling to himself. "Flare could never sit or even stand in one place. She has all that energy."

Gorge laughed. "Yeah, so hurry up so she won't use that energy to kick our sorry flanks."

"On my way," Star Flow said.

Star Flow used his magic to gather up his map and the tools he uses to help steer the large vessel in the right direction and marched up the deck to meet Flare Brimstone, who has been constantly trotting in place while manning the valve.

He greets Flare Brimstone. "Captain."

"There you are!" Flare Brimstone exclaimed. "What were you doing playing with dice?"

He chuckled sheepishly. "It's one of my favorite pastimes. Anyway, I'm ready to navigate."

Flare Brimstone shook her head. "Set a course back to Duty Shoals."

"Yes, ma'am. Did you find something in that temple?" he asked.

"I did," Flare Brimstone answered. "I want to present it to the princesses. They might know what it is. Get every pony back home safely."

"You can count on me," Star Flow replied assuredly.

Through the storm and torrent of rain pelting every pony, it was a rocky trip, but with stern handling and navigation of preciseness, the voyage back to Duty Shoals would be quick and without delay.

The ship had sailed back to Equestria in the docks of Duty Shoals, one of the main shipyards in Equestria. Flare Brimstone left the ship in the hooves of Gorge to manage any repairs while she ran to Canterlot Castle at breakneck speed.

In a sheer matter of hours, Flare Brimstone was already at the front gates of Canterlot Castle, and even sooner to the top floor in a few seconds due to her immense speed. She went into the throne room where Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, the two sisters, were signing papers and reading documents, to their unshocked surprise.

Flare Brimstone announced herself in the presence of the rulers of Equestria in which they were glad to see a familiar face like her's after toiling away in their duties. Princess Celestia noticed that Flare Brimstone possessed an item inside her brown bag.

"My agent... another latest treasure to add to your already overwhelming treasury?" Princess Celestia asked, teasing Flare Brimstone.

"Another one of those trinkets..." Princess Luna said. "I wonder what it might be this time."

"Well," Flare Brimstone began, "it's something I was thinking you two might know what it is. It reminded me of you both."

"By all means, please do show us," Princess Celestia said, sounding interested.

Flare Brimstone pulled out the necklace that mirrored the two sisters' cutie marks the sun and the moon, and the shadow-like crystal with the yellow-orange amber gemstone embedded in the middle. The two princesses' eyes opened widely.

"That's a piece of jewelry Luna and I made together by using our magic," Princess Celestia told Flare.

Princess Luna sighed. "It was when we were fillies many moons ago at a large island mother and father would take us, but we lost it. How did you find it?"

"It was inside a glass case on an abandoned temple far along the sea on a small island three days from Duty Shoals," she explained.

"I wonder how it ended up there..." Princess Celestia thought out loud, bewildered.

"Would you both want this back?"

"No," Princess Luna answered quickly. "You may keep it for yourself."

"We know if you have it, the necklace will be in good hooves," Princess Celestia stated. "It is something Luna and I would like to part away from."

Flare Brimstone was confused. "But why? I don't get it..."

"That necklace is an object of the insecurities sister and I had," Princess Luna explained. "It showed what lied below us, even when we overcame our weaknesses many moons later."

"It's a constant reminder of what we feared would come to pass in the future." Princess Celestia said. "As Luna stated, we have overcome those insecurities. You may do whatever you want with it."

Princess Luna smiled. "It is nice to see it again."

Princess Celestia agreed.

"I understand," said Flare Brimstone. "I will keep it as a personal souvenir; not for sale at my shop. Thank you both, I'll take my leave."

Princess Celestia and Luna bid farewell to Flare Brimstone as she makes a mad dash back to Duty Shoals to meet up with Gorge, who was loading the ship with cargo.

Flare Brimstone had a large smile strewn across her face.

"Huh? Another voyage?" Gorge apprehensively asked.

"Not this time," Flare Brimstone answered slyly. "Instead, I'll help you load up the cargo."

Gorge sighed. "So, another voyage? Anyway... the cargo loading up is going to Seaquestria and Mount Aris, to my dissatisfaction. I just got back!"

Flare Brimstone jumped with glee. "That's great! Come on, let's hurry and load this cargo and get into our wetsuits!"

Gorge rolled his eyes. "Aye-aye, captain."

Flare Brimstone starts loading the cargo carts with Gorge, who puts in little to no effort.

The adventures of Flare Brimstone continue.