• Published 16th Nov 2021
  • 249 Views, 6 Comments

Gala with a Dash of Chaos - Tower of 0



Ponyville's resident human gets a ticket to his first Grand Galloping Gala, all during Twilight's testing.

  • ...
 6
 249

Invinting!

Here he is again, at the boutique of one Rarity by request of Fudge. Not that he really minds anyway, it's always nice to visit a friend. Rarity was busy putting some finishing touches on the dress, trying her hardest to just contain some of her squeaks of excitement. Justin would occasionally peer over the top of his book to see how the dress was coming along for his filly.

"When I'm finished with you, darling, you'll be the shining star!" Rarity exclaims in pride as she finalizes some of the finer details of the dress.

"Rares, it's just a school dance, there really isn't any need to go all out." Justin says as his eyes drift back to his book.

"Nonsense! I will be mistaken if any filly or colt won't be looking their best in one of My dresses. Especially if said filly belongs to one of my friends!" Rarity states, almost matter-of-factly as she turns towards the human with a pointed hoof.

He just smiles, knowing she's looking at him. "Thank you, again, for make my Lil Dipp a dress on such short notice."

"It's not a problem at all, darling. She's been such an angel the entire time." Rarity beams at him before turning her attention back to the dress.

What she says is sort of true, Fudge had been still and patient, though somewhat far from quiet. Fudge has been retelling some of the recent bedtime stories her father told her to the white mare. Whom of which listened to the filly go on with such patience and what seems like some interest. That filly had the makings of a storyteller in her, and he can tell she enjoys it. With a small smile he bookmarks the page he's on and closes the book.

A small amount of smoke appears in front of the human as he's about to get up and a scroll pops from it and lands on his lap. Curious, he picks it up to investigate his mail, and sees the small silver ribbon of a seal that keeps it enclosed. That means this is from Luna and now he's even more curious about the contents. Without a moment's more of hesitation, Justin breaks the small seal on the scroll and the piece of silver flashes away in a bright light, presumably back home.

"What is it, darling?" Rarity asks, apparently having been watching him from the mirror.

"Oh, just some mail from Luna is all." Justin looks back at her reflection with a small grin. "Nothing too special really."

"It must be if it's from one of the princesses!" Fudge chimes in, a bit giddy.

Justin just continues to smile and shake his head, hearing Rarity basically agree with the filly. Sure, being pen pals with a princess isn't a normal occurrence here. Yet for the past several months, it had become normal for the human to receive a daily letter or two from Luna. It started out as her checking in on him to make sure he was all right after the whole dream fiasco, then it turned into her asking about his day, beyond that came full on letters.

Justin doesn't think anything much of this one either as he starts to unfurl it to give it a read. A small, golden ticket flutters out of the letter and onto his lap. A curious hum leaves his lungs as he picks up the small item between his fingers, giving it a quick once over. His attention shifting back to the letter.

Dearest Justin,

After some deliberations and some persistence on our end with my dear sister, I have managed to sneak you onto the guest list of the Grand Galloping Gala this year! Although, it was a bit later than I had anticipated with the ticket. I assure you there will be fun to be had! Between drinks, music, dancing, and seeing us there, I hope you will have a blast! It would warm or heart to see you there just to enjoy yourself. I hope you come!

With love,

Luna

Boy, does he appreciate that mare, but one question was on his mind. "Hey, Rares?"

"Yes~" Rairty almost sings at him.

"What's the Grand Galloping Gala?" Justin asks, the mare dropping what she's doing to look at him.

"Have you not been to the Gala before?" Rarity asks to which he just shakes his head at her. "It's the biggest formal event of the year! Anypony that's anypony is going to be there!"

Justin nods his head a little, fiddling with the small ticket in his hand. "I see. Much rather be a nobody here, keep out of the limelight, y'know?"

"Nonsense, dear! If Luna invited you, it's best you go." Rarity reasons.

To be fair, she did have a point. With the way the letter is written does have it to where Luna really wants him to go. Plus it has been a little while since he was last at the castle. With a sigh, he carefully folds the letter around the ticket. Then he stows the prize in his back pocket as he rises to his feet.

"I take you girls are going to be there?" Justin asks as we walks over to the two.

"Why of course, darling! We all have our tickets already!" Rarity excitedly exclaims. "And all our dresses are ready for the Gala at the end of the month!"

Justin freezes a bit. "End of the month? I don't even have a suit!" The panic is starting to set in.

Rarity presses a hoof against his chest, causing him to look down to her all-to-well knowing of a smile. "Relax, dear, I've got your suit covered for the event. Still got your measurements after all" She sings that last part.

The offer itself brings him some means of calm, the smile of one of his friends more so. Thanks, Rare, how much would I owe ya for the suit?"

"Think nothing of it and consider it a favor for saving us form those dreadful dreams." Rarity replies.

"I wasn't the only one, y'know." Justin gives the white mare a small smile. "How much for Fudge's dress?"

"Hmm." Rarity is contemplating, the dress is done, and it looks fabulous. "How abou-"

She gets cut-off by the human just handing her a moderate amount of bits in a bag. "Just take it, a little extra in there for good measure."

Justin leaves the boutique after the exchange and walks with Fudge by his side as they make way for the school. The dance is some kind of charity event that he helped pitch in for by making some of the sweets. Now he is one of chaperones to make sure all goes well. When they arrive, the dance is out in the field near the school, the music is happy, foals are looking their best, and quite a few parents are there. Justin just smiles as he watches Fudge go off into the crowd of children, this is something he wouldn't trade for.


The door to the house swings open after hours of them being gone. Justin walks in with a chocolate coated unicorn filly cradled in his arms. Apparently having danced a little too hard that she passed out shortly after asking to to be carried. Dear ol' dad didn't mind as he just hauled her flank up the stairs and right to her room. He proceeds to tuck her in for the night, quietly leaves her room, and closes the door.

Justin makes his way back down the stairs and plops himself right onto his couch. He fishes the folded parchment from his pocket and smiles a little, remembering to write Luna back. With a snap of his fingers, a clean parchment, quill, and ink pot appear on the coffee table in front of him. Thanks to Twilight's somewhat continued training, he's honing his skills with Chaos magic. Silent contemplation overtakes him as he fixes his eyes on the piece of paper on the table. Soon the quill is dipped into the ink and he starts to write out a letter to Luna. A smile forming across his features as he rights out the words, "Dearest, Luna..."

Author's Note:

Here's a little something-something to get this story going! Lemme know if you enjoyed it, didn't, or mistakes you've encountered. I will promise the next chapter will contain some human chaos magic goodness!