• Published 8th Nov 2021
  • 455 Views, 4 Comments

TimberTwi Tales: Their First Date - CapNTilfy



Timber Spruce and Twilight Sparkle go out on their first date together. TimberTwi Tales #2

  • ...
11
 4
 455

Meeting Up

Timber got into his car, then buckled up. He cracked his neck, then took his keys out of his pocket. “Well,” he said to himself. “Here goes nothing… but it better be something.” He started his car, then began his journey.

As he left, Timber thought about what he’d say to Twilight. He knew right off the bat that he wouldn’t talk about the weather. That was far too basic and casual! He rolled his eyes and shook his head. Surely he could come up with something much better than that!

Timber also knew he didn’t want to talk about Twilight’s mom being a famous writer. That would make it seem like he’d be dating her just to get close to a celebrity! He didn’t want to give off that impression!

Timber heaved a sigh. Maybe he should have gone over possible conversation topics with Gloriosa before he left…

No. Now was not the time for regrets. Timber had spent far too long dwelling on the past. It was time for him to think about the present, and where the future would take him.

Twilight could do so much better than you. She’s smart, cute… everything you’re not.

Timber grit his teeth. Of course he was both those things, and more besides! He truly did feel that Twilight must be special, because he couldn’t remember the last time a girl made his heart do backflips from the get-go!

Timber took a deep breath, then exhaled. He needed to calm himself down. He didn’t want to go overboard on the first date! He wanted to keep up the impression he made on Twilight. Speaking of calm, he wondered how she was doing right now. Surely someone as smart as her knew how to remain cool...


Twilight tried her hardest not to freak out as she kept her eyes on the road, occasionally stealing glances at the clock in her car. She prided herself on her punctuality, and she didn’t plan on being tardy if she could help it! She internally chided herself, having not paid enough attention to the clock back at home!

Twilight swiftly shook her head, then did some mental math. Pinkie had said that she had ten minutes. Roma’s wasn’t all that far from where she lived, thankfully, but she’d still be cutting it close!

Twilight had been on the road for, what, maybe a couple of minutes now? Maybe she’d get there just in time! For all she knew, Timber was in a hurry too!


Timber glanced at the clock on his car’s radio, then smiled. Just a few minutes, and he’d be at Roma’s just in time! He was glad he left about twenty minutes ago. Like he needed any extra stress right now!

Timber ran a hand through his hair, then rolled down his window. He reached a stoplight, then took a deep whiff of the spring air. He smiled, then quickly turned his attention forward. He didn’t want to be startled by the honking of the car behind him!

As he kept his eyes on the stoplight, he shifted his thoughts to Camp Everfree. After everyone from Canterlot High had left, he and Gloriosa had spent time contacting people. People that could not only help them, but not be smug and condescending like Filthy Rich was.

Timber grit his teeth. Filthy Rich. That name alone pissed him off! He was just glad he didn’t have to deal with him anymore, let alone the rest of his family! His daughter, Diamond Tiara, was a spoiled and entitled brat! His wife, Spoiled Rich… there was only one word he’d use to describe her, but even he couldn’t bring himself to say it out loud!

Timber shook his head as the stoplight turned green. He had to calm himself down, his knuckles were nearly white from his anger-fueled grip on the steering wheel! He didn’t want to arrive angry! As he saw the sign to Roma’s off in the distance, his anger began to leave and a smile formed on his face.

Timber reached the parking lot at Roma’s, surprised at how full it was! He knew this was a popular place to eat at, but he wasn’t expecting so many other people here on a Tuesday night! He frowned slightly, but was not deterred. He wouldn’t let a nearly packed restaurant prevent his date with Twilight!

Timber parked, then walked over to the entrance as he checked the time on his phone. He was just a couple of minutes early! Perfect! He stood near the entrance and waited for Twilight.

She’s going to stand you up.

The hell Twilight was! Timber had faith in her. Everything she did around him was genuine, so he saw no reason for her to do so…


Twilight arrived at a stoplight, then took a deep breath and exhaled. She needed to calm herself! She was almost at Roma’s, and it wouldn’t do for her to freak out! She took another deep breath, then exhaled as she felt a bit of calm wash over her.

As Twilight reached Roma’s parking lot, she felt a slight spike of anxiety, only for it to leave just as quickly as it came. It wasn’t all too surprising that it was busy here. From what she’d heard, it was usually a busy place! But she knew she hadn’t heard that from Applejack…

Twilight scratched her head in uncertainty as she left her car. Why was this bothering her so much? She shook her head as she reached the entrance to Roma’s, then nearly stopped in her tracks as she saw Timber standing in front of her.

“H-Hey,” Timber said as he blushed.

Twilight felt heat rise to her face. “H-Hi.”

“Shall we go in?”

Twilight nodded, and she and Timber walked on in.

The sounds of plates clinking and the voices of Roma's patrons reached Twilight and Timber's ears upon entering, as well as soft music from the restaurant's PA system. The smells of various foods and coffee wafted around them as they reached the clerk up front.

"T-Table for two," Timber stuttered nervously.

The clerk checked the computer on his desk, then turned his attention back to the couple. "There's a ten minute wait. Is that okay?"

Twilight and Timber exchanged glances, then nodded.

"All right," The clerk said as he grabbed a disc. "We'll let you know when a table is ready." He handed the disc to Twilight, and she and Timber sat down.

"Ten minutes isn't bad," Timber said as put he hands behind his head.

Twilight nodded. "Y-Yeah. We could use the time to-"

"Twilight?"

Twilight's eyes widened as she heard a voice she'd recognize anywhere. It all hit her at once. Now she remembered why she was so worried about going to Roma's, and the person she knew who might be here.

Twilight slapped the palm of her hand on her forehead as she swore under her breath, then slowly turned around.

"What are you doing here," Cadance asked.