• Published 7th Nov 2021
  • 342 Views, 14 Comments

The Mulberry Mare Disappears in the End - Yuu



Ponies are going missing, and the ones that remain are acting strangely. Could it be that some old enemies of ponykind have returned, with unfinished business?

  • ...
2
 14
 342

If I Can Stop One Heart from Breaking

The mares passed several other buildings together, then the mulberry mare suddenly stopped.

“Do you see that?” She pointed her foreleg towards a side street.

The grey mare looked. A lone pony walked across the street, several intersections away from them.

“I see her. Looks like there are still some ponies around.”

“Wait here, I need to talk to her, I know her.”

The mulberry mare galloped to the pony. She had a pale yellow mane and a light steel blue coat, and turned a corner without noticing her pursuer.

“Wait!”

The steel blue mare kept walking, then turned around another building. The mulberry mare reached this building and turned after her target. There was less than one hundred meters to the steel blue mare when she turned again.

“Please, wait!”

The mulberry mare turned around a general store. She ran for several seconds then slowed down to walk. She looked around at buildings standing closely to each other, with no passage between them. Another building stood forty meters ahead of her, making a dead end.

“She couldn't have flown away, I should have seen her over the roofs. Where is she?”

The mulberry mare stumbled and stopped in the dead end, looking around.

“Co—” She coughed several times, then slowly inhaled.

“Come out! Please, come out! I only want to talk.”

She turned her head left and right, then started circling. She looked at the roofs and balconies, then between buildings, but she was the only pony on the street.

“Please, show yourself. You—” She turned her head to the ground. “I can’t remember her name.”

She suddenly lost height, as her legs collapsed beneath hers.

“Please, come out.”

She lay down for some time unmoving, then she found some strength to stand up and slowly walked away from the dead end, swaying and tripping over small bumps on the street. She made her way back to the grey mare, who hadn’t moved.

The mulberry mare lifted up her head.

The grey mare flinched. “Your eyes! What hap—”

The mulberry mare shook her head. Her eyes were red and she had trails of darker fur on her face.

“I’m sorry.”

“She disappeared too. Let’s go.” The mulberry mare turned and walked.

The grey mare followed.