• Published 23rd Dec 2011
  • 929 Views, 2 Comments

Calf-Life: Cyclone - Tiedye3000



This is a crossover between Half-Life and My Little Pony

  • ...
 2
 929

Creativity

"Wake up. Now!"

A pony, who was unconscious on the floor, stirred and opened his eyes. He couldn't see anything... or feel anything! He sat up quickly and looked around. Nothing. Nothing but black. At first, he thought the room had no lights on, but that theory was proven wrong when he looked at his hoofs. He could see them fine.
"Don't panic," said a voice in the shadows, "You aren't where you are. You will never be where you are unless I put you there."
The pony looked around, confused out of his mind about what he was hearing.
"Who are you?" The pony asked the darkness, and he realized his voice was high and young.
"I'm no pony. I'm also every pony, including you. I've poured my life and soul into you, and you will listen very carefully to what I have too say."
The pony saw something walking towards him out of the darkness. It looked like an old unicorn with wrinkles drawn over his facial features.
"First of all," he said as he walked, "You are incomplete. You have a body, but no taste. I can change that."
The pony suddenly felt his body rising, and he realized he was levitating in midair, if there was air.
"I think I'll make you a peach-skinned pony," the unicorn said, and a hot, tingling feeling passed through the pony as if something was pouring paint over him.
"Let's give you a lab coat," the unicorn continued, "and some glasses."
The pony felt fabric being put on him, and a pair of round glasses appeared on his face.
"And a cap!"
A blue cap appeared on the pony's head.
"Let's give you green eyes," the unicorn pressed on, seeming to enjoy himself now, "And a long, blonde mane and tail."
The pony could feel his hair growing longer, and some of it began covering his eyes. He shoved it behind his head, annoyed.
"Now for your personality," the unicorn stated thoughtfully, "You're a thinker. You love to think about things. And you're cutie mark will be a green question mark. You are twenty-three years of age."
The pony felt his flanks burning lightly, and he thought that something was pushing hot coals on them. He grunted silently from the pain.
"I will now give you your name," the unicorn said, "You will call yourself... Ponderson."
A pin appeared in front of the pony, and it stuck itself into the lab coat he was wearing. He picked it up with his hoofs and looked at it closely, and he saw engraved on it, "Ponderson".
"I'd say you have been perfected at last," the unicorn sighed as he gazed up at Ponderson, "I will give you your assignment now."
Ponderson felt the levitation cut off, and he fell to the ground with a thunk. He landed on the pin attached to his jacket, and it dug into his chest painfully.
"Get up," the unicorn said in disgust as Ponderson groaned, "Get up and get over it."
Ponderson struggled too stand up as he pulled the pin out of his chest. Why hadn't the unicorn had the of adding a cover?
"I'm sorry," said the unicorn in a would-be apologetic voice, "Did I forget to add a cover for your wittle pin?"
Ponderson felt a lump press against his bleeding wound. The next second, he didn't even feel a wound. He looked down at his lab coat and he didn't see a blood stain!
"Go ahead and waste all the time you want! Time doesn't even apply, here! But if you're done, I think I'll move onto your mission."
Ponderson looked back at the unicorn, who was looking at him and tapping his hoof impatiently.
"There's an airplane flying towards City 13 right now. Combine forces are going to take it down, reason being there's an important pony up there by the name of Ashfeld. She is supposed to be the one to defeat the Combine in the near future, which is why they are going to attack. Find her and get her off the plane. You can do what you wish after that."
"And what if the plane crashes?" Pondeson asked.
The unicorn shrugged, "I have plenty of back-ups if you fail. In the mean time, you're on your own. Good luck." The unicorn turned around and began walking away.
"Wait!" Ponderson cried suddenly. He had more questions to ask!
"Wait?" said a voice next to him, "Wait for what?"
Ponderson looked beside him and met the eyes of a red pony. She had red and black striped hair, and she was looking at him in confusion. Ponderson looked around again and he realized he wasn't with the unicorn anymore. He was on a plane.
Ponderson was seated to the far left and had a window seat. He gazed outside the window, expecting to see grass and trees, when instead he saw a field burning. It was smoking, and Ponderson could barely see anything else. The sky was a deep brown, and an urban city was visible in the distance
"Hey, buddy," the pony said, leaning towards him and speaking in his ear, "Don't shout, please. Ponies are looking."
Ponderson looked down the isle, and indeed, ponies were staring down at him.
"When did you even get here?" she asked him, "I don't recall sitting next to you."
"Strange," Ponderson admitted. How did he get here? Where was the unicorn?
"So," she said awkwardly, "What, uh, what are you planning on doing in City 13?"
"What do I-" Ponderson stuttered, "I... I'm looking for some pony there."
"Mind if I ask who?" the red pony asked curiously.
"Well, from what I can remember, her name's Ashfeld."
"Ashfeld?" she repeated, surprised.
"Yeah," Ponderson said, looking at her hopefully, "Do you know her?"
She scoffed, "I should. She's me!"
Ponderson stared at her in surprise.
"Mission accomplished, right?" she said, chuckling.
"Yeah," Ponderson said again, "Mission accomplished... I'm Ponderson." He held out a hoof.
"Briquette Ashfeld," she stated proudly as she shook his hoof, "But you can call me Ash. So, what were you looking for me for?"
"Uh," Ponderson thought for a moment. Should he tell her?
He was saved the thought of an awkward conversation stopper be the sound of a distant explosion. He and Ash looked out the window, ad they saw one of the buildings in front of them collapsing. Ponies were falling out of it to there deaths on the streets below, and those would might survive would surely be crushed by the smoldering wreckage. Ponderson took off his glasses to get a better look, which turned out too be a stupid idea; he couldn't see without his glasses.
"It's horrible, isn't it?" A voice said behind them. Ponderson turned his head around to see the seats behind him, and he saw a blue colt was looking at him. His ear lopes were torn.
"Very," he said, "What's happening down there? Do you know?"
The colt chuckled, "Yes, I'm afraid to say I do know. Better than any pony, probably."
"Could you tell us?" Ponderson asked, but at that moment something happened to make the plane swerve tremendously off course. Ponies were screaming, and Ponderson had to grip onto the seat's armrest to prevent from sliding down the isle as the plane shot downwards.
"What the hell was that!?" Ponderson shouted to the colt over the screams from other ponies, including Ash.
"Turbulence!" he shouted sarcastically, "It was a Combine rocket, dumbass!"
Ponderson looked out the window, which was cracked now, and saw that the wing was on fire. He also saw that they were heading straight for a field that was crawling with things he couldn't make out.
"And what's that!?" He shouted to the colt.
The colt looked out the window, and his eyes widened.
"Death!" He shouted back, "I'd hold onto your hat if I were you!"
Ponderson took off his hat, and as he did so, the plane came crashing into the field. A large piece of plane flew off and hit him hard on the head, and he remembered nothing more.