• Published 22nd Mar 2022
  • 1,499 Views, 12 Comments

Remake My Life: Highchool In Another World - Mare Of Mystery



A strange letter appears in front of a highschool dropouts apartment doorsteps, claiming to give him a second chance by attending highschool at a far away location. Little did he knew, he would be very familar with this new school in a different way

  • ...
3
 12
 1,499

Prolouge: Once In A Lifetime

This is the tale of Trede Jackson, an average-built man at about 5'9 and wearing some black work pants and a bright blue collared shirt as he stopped at a red light in his gray ford sedan, the digital clock on the dashboard just ticked to 8:30. He had just came back from a cruel shift as a delivery boy from a local pizzeria. The pay wasn't anything to write home to, but it was enough to support him only. His parents were off seas in their archeology venture at this time, so he never see them as much. Pretty much a lonely life for him, he could've gone through with attending college and planning a career path for himself.

But that dream of his turned stagnant a long time ago.

As the light turned green, he went to turn straight right to the entrance of his apartment villa and parked in the designated parking area for residence. He brought his car's engine to a stop and exited the vehicle, getting a large box of pepperoni pizza that's been heavily warmed up with the heat lamp. The pizza at his workplace wasn't bad or anything, just this batch was just been sitting below a heat lamp for nearly hours on end. Trede hoisted the box with his right palm on the center of the box and went over to his door number, unlocked the door with his key, and entered his dwelling.

"Man oh man..." groaned Trede, tossing the pizza box to the coffee table of his living room and sinking his bottom onto the sofa. "Life sucks for me so bad! My parents left to do their archeology trip, left me in this apartment with automatic rental payments, stuck being a delivery boy at a pizza joint, to which I didn't even apply. My dad's friend managed the place and hooked me up with a job. Sure, he welcomed me like family there, but minimum wage and a few tips are all I'm surviving with! I just...wish I could go back in time...yeah, like that will ever happen!"

A sour decision he made a while back that haunted him for the rest of his life, he dropped out of highschool during his sophomore year. The work and stress just kept on building until it caved in on him. His school didn't have any tutoring or summer school programs due to budget cuts. He wasn't sure if going back to finish school this late in his life, he'll be the oldest sophomore student out there at age 19. His close friends probably graduated and moved on better things to his belief, but he got the short end of the stick leaving school early. Just as he was about to turn on the T.V with his remote on his right palm, a strange set of knocks echoed behind him. It caused him to quickly turn his head at what appeared to be someone at the door.

"Who could it be this late at night?!" he curiously asked.

He dragged his feet over towards the front door and slightly cracked open it to peek out. No one was on the other side, so he must've seen it as some prank by the neighbors. However, as his pupils angled downwards, he noticed a white envelope with a red wax crest seal on the opening. The symbol on the wax appears to be some horse-like facial structure, but he couldn't fathom the idea that someone must've dropped this letter to him this late at night. So he picked up the envelope laying on the cold cement floor and closed the door, carefully inspecting every inch of it as he plopped back on the couch. It was rather unusual for an envelope to be personally delivered to his doorstep.

"It must've been from the next-door neighbor, no mailman ever delivers this late."

Trede forcefully broke the seal on the envelope and saw a folded-up letter written in fancy cursive, but it wasn't too difficult to readout. He carefully skimmed through the contents of the letter:

To whom it may concern,

You are being called forth upon to experiment in a 'back-to-school' program for former students that dropped out of school under their volition. This special program is only given to one lucky person under a lottery draw, and you're the one that's been picked for this once-in-a-lifetime chance.

This school may be...familiar...to your eyes, but it's far away from your current location. Nevertheless, we will be providing you with housing in the general area of the school and will be given funds in a bi-weekly payment. The goal is for you to start from where you left off and finish the three years you've missed out. Your credits will be transferred through your school district and receive a diploma upon completion of the three years you've missed out.

If you hereby accept these terms and want to take on this one-time chance, sign your name on the dotted line below. Alternatively, you can simply ignore this letter and proceed onwards with your future endeavors.

From,

A dear friend...

"What the hell is this?" Trede couldn't believe he was reading, "New program? They're telling me now after threes years after I dropped out!? It's something but, is it okay for me to go back to sophomore year this late? I'm a few years away from drinking age."

The blank line on the bottom of the letter was to sign his name for the program. If he were to go through with this, he would be the oldest one in his sophomore year. Students would make him the talk of the town, and probably respect him more because of it. But he had to think about the odd and unusual details regarding this new school.

"A high school that's far from my location? It doesn't give out the address or name of the school for me to google. This is probably some scam or an elaborate prank set up by my parents."

A stray pen was lying on his coffee table, next to the opened pizza box with a few slices already gone by. It would be fantastic to come back to high school and finished what he started. So far, his job pays decently enough. He grabbed the pen by leaning his chest to gain leverage with his arm and lazily got the pen to his grasp. The idea of getting back to high school and claiming a diploma wasn't that bad, he was determined now that his favorite series ended. This would be the opportune time to get a second chance and redeem himself.

"You know what? What the heck, signing stuff on paper doesn't usually end in some magical turn of events..."

He popped out the cap on the pen and went down to the dotted line to sign his name in cursive. Despite not finishing high school, he knew exactly how to write a signature. As soon as he finished, Trede tossed the pen on the coffee table and stared dumbfounded at the paper he just signed his name on.

"Alright, so I signed it..." he held the paper by his two hands, "I guess I have to mail it off..."

"Another one signed these!? Sheesh! Well, here you go then!"

"Huh?! Who was that!?"

The letter that Traded was just holding onto all the time immieidetly burst into a bluish flame and disintegrated from thin air, followed by the blue flames that were engulfing the environment around what was Trede's apartment circled him when all that he could see was his whole apartment being whisked away in series of flashing lights. He couldn't witness what was going on with his eyes as he started to get this dizzy sensation that caused him to collapse from the experience. Perhaps one of his employees spiked his pizza with a week-old mozzarella? Or what kind of contract he signed that was going to change him for the rest of his life?


"My head's pounding like I had a hangover...I would open my eyes, but there was some bright light I was sensing..."

Trede could only feel where he was lying, to which he felt a rugged carpet on some hard surface. The air he breathed felt...odd... It seemed to be oxygen because he was still alive and breathing. Nevertheless, all that Trede could do was slowly lifted his eyelids wide open to adjust his eyesight from this strange place. A few seconds in, he caught a glimpse at the exterior of the place. A mixture of uncanny decorum and furniture placement gave the whole atmosphere a mind-numbing experience.

"W-Where am I?" he groaned in agonizing pain from his head throbbing.

He would think quickly to get back up from lying flat on the floor, propping up his legs and pushing them upwards as he wobbled just for a split second. Now, he was getting a close look at his surroundings, but something clawing inside him was just eating him on the inside. He knew where he was, but at the same time, he never stepped foot in the area, like some sort of deja vu scenario. It was more prominent when Trede took a closer look at things.

"I feel like I've seen this place before," he was pushing himself to the brink of his cranium, trying to grasp on his exact location, "But where have I-"

"Oh, you're finally awake!"

"Hmm, who's that!?"

The loud echo he heard was made by a familiar tone of voice Trede believed to hear before. It was more prominent when a puff of dust appears out of nowhere in front of him, just standing near one of the stained glass panels. The creature was no stranger to Trede, he knew him as a reoccurring character and former antagonist from the hit T.V. show; My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.

"Hey, I know who you are!" Pointed put Trede with his big finger, "You're that Discord character from My Little Pony! And could this be your house?! I knew it looked familiar!"

"What? Surely you realize this is my domicile, don't you?" he playfully teased the human, "You Bronies always tend to focus on your 'best ponies' or 'favorite ships'."

"Y-You know about us!?" Trede gawked, "I thought you were all just some cartoon show based on a toyline developed by a multinational conglomerate?"

"That's what your world may perceive us, but Equestria and pretty much everything you know about it is a 'real place'"

"Wow! I just can't believe all of this..." he felt a tad mind blown by these new surroundings and a creature coming from a t.v. the show, "I'm really in Equestria!? This is totally ten times better than Disneyland!"

"My-My, you are certainly more enthusiastic than the other guy..." Pondered Discord out loud, seeing the bipedal all giddy, "So Mr. Trede, since you've signed the contract, you will be..."

"Stop right there, I know what's happening!" The smile on Trede's face wasn't going away any soon when he contained his excitement, "You wanted me to finish my high school term, so you're sending me to Canterlot High arent' you!?"

"My-my, you certainly are a sharp one," Discord pointed out, "I've prepared everything you need to fit into that world; documents, identity, and all of that boring junk I don't want to go over, all you got to do is to register. Say, you aren't seeing this is some elaborate dream you came up in your noggin."

"Don't worry, my dreams were shattered a few years ago..." he nonchalantly threw out, still harboring a big smile, "So tell me, you mention another guy? Is he in the same boat as me?"

"Well not exactly, he needs some serious dough and is willing to do some work for me to get paid, don't worry about him!" Discord vaguely answered to Trede, "So Trede! First things first, you must be aware of the 'other world' of Equestria, am I right?"

"Umm...YEAH!" he shouted out.

"Yes I see, so you need to be aware of a few ground rules," Discord waved a talon in the air to emphasize, "Be on your best behavior, I'm not there to bail you out when you get into serious trouble or give you a leg up. You're on your own over there, if you get expelled or you fail your terms, it's game over for you. You'll be sent back to your world with nothing but a dead-end pizza delivery boy!"

"Alright, I'll be on my best behavior." He nodded

Discord continued onwards, "Next thing, you won't be given any magic powers supernatural abilities to aid you. Your knowledge as a Brony and that world should suffice to get around. Also, no entering Equestria, you aren't a creature of origin and will remain human. "

"Aww, man...I wanted to see the castle..." Trede could sigh in utter disappointment.

"Lastly..." He gets fly placed his left paw on his shoulders to give him a nasty look with his eyes piercing daggers, "Keep your nasty hands off of Fluttershy! I know it's technically not my Fluttershy, but still! You can be friends with her, but not 'too' close if you get my gist."

"Heh, well..." Trede couldn't contain his laughter as he chuckled a bit, "I promise you that won't be a problem, anything else I should know?"

"There's one more thing to point out," he placed his claw on the bottom part of his chin, "I will not stop you if you decided to change up the plot, just be sure to have good judgment when doing so."

"Change the plot? What do you mean?"

"Oh! Will you look at the time!" Discord poofed up a small wristwatch on his left wrist as he tapped it with his claw, "The window of opportunity is almost here! I'll message you with finer details later, time for you to check out your amenities."

One snap later, A bluish vortex swirl appears right in front of where Trede was standing, seeing the strange swirl was mesmerizing. But it was short-lived when Discord lightly gave him a push behind his back and he jumped through the vortex to suck him up like a vacuum. Now back to the state he was in before; surrounded by bright colors and stripes as Trede's head was spinning. He may not know what obstacles or challenges he'll face, but all of that was put aside as his whole life is going to change for the few years to come.