• Published 3rd Oct 2021
  • 680 Views, 14 Comments

Royal Origins - TalB



Celestia and Luna share about their early life

  • ...
4
 14
 680

The invitation

Megan Williams was just finishing up her chores over at her family's farm when Twilight Sparkle showed up to tell her something, "Megan, you have been invited over to have tea with both Princesses Celestia and Luna."

Megan responded with, "That's very nice Twilight, but I'm not of royalty myself, so it sort of wouldn't make sense for me to be there."

Twilight answered back with, "To them, you are a special friend and having you there is a big honor."

Megan then thought, "What about Cadence since she is also a princess along with Shining Armor and Flurry Heart?"

Twilight's response came to as, "Ever since she gave birth to Flurry Heart, she has been quite a hassle, and it makes it very hard for her Shining Armor to do other things, plus the last time they brought her for tea, Flurry Heart was known making a constant mess and almost breaking all of their plates and teacups, though luckily she didn't get to the teapot."

After hearing that Megan said, "I never knew Flurry Heart can be destructive at times."

Twilight then said, "I can still remember when I had her with me when reading that supposed book on how Grogar got banished to her and the rest of the foals that were there and she interrupted the whole session by crying excessively in which I never got to finish that book."

Megan answered back with, "I can see why having her can be a problem at times."

After ending the talk about Flurry Heart, Twilight then said, "Nonetheless, you should come especially because they are happy to see you ever since your return to Equestria after a long time."

Megan then said, "Twilight, I barely knew about Celestia and Luna, because before returning, the last time I saw them was when they were fillies brought over to Paradise Estate in claiming that they had no real parents let alone names, plus I never saw them grow up at all, because I was mostly going on adventures with the adult ponies at the time not to mention no longer coming back for a long time."

Twilight's response came as, "That may be true, but that didn't mean you still weren't important to them."

Megan then said, "The only thing that may have made me important to them was thinking about what names to give them and that was mainly due to Posey being busy with other things at the time."

"Even if so, they will forever thank you for helping you starting their lives in a positive direction especially since you gave them names to help give them an identity that they didn't originally have.", said Twilight

After hearing this, Megan felt convinced and said, "Alright, I will go with you and maybe I can learn a little bit more about them since I wasn't there for all of it, but I hope that what I will be asking won't be seen as too personal for them."

Twilight answered with, "I'm glad that you agreed, and I'm sure they will like to share with you what happened with them especially since you are a special friend to them."

Megan feeling sort of iffy started to say, "For some reason I feel asking about what happened to them in their early lives might make them feel uncomfortable to them."

Twilight then answered with, "As the princess of friendship, true friends should be okay giving a full disclosure about each other, plus when you were there the last time, they kept the picture that you took with me, them, my friends, and a good number of other ponies in Ponyville and placed it in the book about you to show how much they really very happy to see again."

Megan came back with, "I'm still surprised how they knew who I was considering how young they were when I first saw them, but that just doesn't seem very possible."

Twilight's response came as, "That's something you will have to ask them about when you see them."

Megan then said, "I just don't want to feel as if I will be embarrassing myself or even intruding on them by asking about this."

"What exactly do you intend to ask them when you are there?" said Twilight.

"Being that alicorns are now on my mind, it would be interesting to know how they became such, because I don't remember them being that way when I first saw them, plus you and Cadence didn't feel afraid or embarrassed to talk about when and what made you become alicorns, so maybe Celestia and Luna won't be either." said Megan.

After taking notice, Twilight then said, "In all honesty, I never had the courage to ask them on whether or not they were alicorns from the start, but that could have been the fact that I never thought about it until you said this, so now I might be curious about this as well since I also know little to nothing about their early lives since I was more concerned about what I had to do as Celestia was going to make me an alicorn as well as a princess hence getting my coronation ready for all to see."

Megan responded with, "Now that we are both interested, perhaps asking them might give us the answer we are looking for."

"Okay, we should start going and not keep them waiting too long for us." said Twilight.

Megan said, "Now that we are both in an agreement, we should start going over to see them and ask about it."

Twilight said, "Hop on and I will take you over to them."

Twilight flew Megan across the Rainbow Bridge and over to Canterlot to attend the tea party with both Celestia and Luna especially in wanting to know what their backstory was and how they became to be what they are now. What they have to share will just have to wait and see as they get there and ask them about it.