• Published 2nd Oct 2021
  • 540 Views, 62 Comments

Star Wars: The Trials of the Force (Part One) - Admiral Producer



Silverstream’s Padawan is kidnapped and stolen from her in a heart-wrenching betrayal from within the Jedi Order. Silver vows revenge and embarks on a journey across the universe to save her….

  • ...
5
 62
 540

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 1: Equestria - A Night At The School of Friendship/Your Time Will Come

ACT ONE: SILVERSTREAM’S DESTINY

Once upon a time, on the planet of Equus, a kingdom existed to the South, beyond the Badlands of Equestria. It was a prosperous kingdom called Hippogriffia, made up of creatures with the mixed features of pony and eagle. These were the hippogriffs, ruled by a brave and majestic Queen, responsible for state, military, and civilian affairs.

For over a thousand generations, the hippogriffs grew their empire and expanded their influence across the seas. Trade between the ancient pony leaders and the Hippogriff Queen was common and carried over to the era of the Princesses.

As the reigns passed from Queen to Queen, Hippogriffia became a major world power. No foreign country ever dared to invade it and everycreature across the world loved Queen Eternalia, a resolute, but compassionate leader who led a revolution in domestic policy, improving the hippogriffs’ home life.

But all that changed when Queen Eternalia passed away, leaving her daughter Princess Novo the Queenship. Queen Novo was not like her mother. While she was a respected and resolute leader, she was far too focused on maintaining harmony between her subjects, and building the Harmonizing Heights for leisure activities while abandoning the kingdom’s borders.

This came to a head when the Storm Kingdom set their sights on finally capturing Hippogriffia. The leader of the invaders was a being called the Storm King, a name cursed and feared in every country. While the Storm King was never able to conquer Hippogriffia, he had posed a visible threat to the other kingdoms, conquering them for a brief time and then moving on after mass murdering the majority of the population.

Finally, the Storm King made his move on Hippogriffia, attacking and utterly destroying the populace, forcing the hippogriffs underwater, leaving their former capital of Mount Aris abandoned. However, despite her failure to protect her kingdom, Queen Novo vowed to not let her mother’s legacy collapse, calling upon all the powers of the sea to craft a magical Pearl of Transformation that would allow the hippogriffs to live new lives underwater as seaponies.

From there, Queen Novo and the seaponies used their ambition and resourcefulness to build a new kingdom called Seaquestria, hidden away in the darkest depths of the sea, where the Storm King could never go.

During the seaponies’ time underwater, a young seapony named Silverstream was born to Queen Novo’s sister Ocean Flow and her husband Sky Beak. Curious about the world around her from the age of 4, Silverstream longed to explore the surface world, but was never able to due to the superstition about the Storm King coming back.

When the news came 10 years later that the Storm King had been defeated by the ponies of Equestria, many seaponies seized their chance to return to the land, while some had gotten used to staying in the sea. So, Queen Novo decreed that Hippogriffia would be split into two kingdoms: Mount Aris and Seaquestria.

After seeing how much trouble Silverstream was causing on Mount Aris due to her insatiable curiosity, a decision was made to send her to Equestria’s School of Friendship, where she would hopefully learn discipline and self-control. Despite Ocean Flow’s objections, Queen Novo insisted that this was for the best.

Over the course of the school years, Silverstream and her newfound friends Ocellus, Smolder, Gallus, Yona, and Sandbar helped save Equestria multiple times: reforming Chancellor Neighsay, defeating Cozy Glow, and bringing all of Equestria together to help stop the combined forces of Cozy Glow, Queen Chrysalis, and Lord Tirek.

She had accomplished more than any creature her age had ever done and that soon attracted the attention of the Force, the mystical energy which bound the galaxy together. The Force had been monitoring Silver for her entire life, sensing her Force-sensitivity, which had skipped a generation from Queen Eternalia to Silverstream. Ocean Flow had no such connection to the Force.

The Force had foreseen Silverstream’s potential as a Jedi Knight and it is here where our story really begins.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————
It all began Monday, after school at the School of Friendship. The Sun was setting across the horizon and all the students were filing out of the School of Friendship building towards the Students’ Quarters, chatting amongst themselves about their classes and their weekends. The student body was composed of creatures of different races amongst the ponies. Since Princess Twilight’s coronation, more students from the other kingdoms were attending the School, which was now under the leadership of Starlight Glimmer as Headmare.

In the middle of all of the chatting students were the Young Six; Silverstream and her friends respectively. Silverstream was eagerly flying alongside Ocellus and Smolder. Yona and Sandbar were discussing what they did during the weekend, Gallus and Smolder were talking about their recent plans to prank Headmare Starlight with a fake 911 call, and Silverstream was trying to lighten Smolder’s mood by talking about their experiences in Fluttershy’s Critters of Comfort and Conflict Class.

Smolder looked annoyed as heck while trying to converse with Gallus and ignore Silver, while Ocellus just gave a polite smile.

As Silverstream was talking on and on about how she had actually befriended a polar bear in class (even though said polar bear was minutes away from eating her if Fluttershy wasn’t there to calm it down), Smolder finally had enough. “Hey, Silver. Do you have an off switch?”

“A what?” Silverstream asked innocently.

“Yona not mind friend Silver’s antics,” Yona imputed. “Friend Silverstream bring life to conversation.”

Gallus smirked. “Oh yeah. A little too much life.”

“You haven’t talked about your weekend yet, Silverstream.” Sandbar said, “What did you do over the weekend?”

That was when Silverstream’s excited smile faded and Ocellus noticed this immediately.

“Silverstream, are you okay?” Ocellus asked, concern on every inch of her face.

Silverstream’s smile quickly returned and she nodded vigorously. “Yeah! I just…thought of something not good for a moment. My weekend was AWESOME! I did…well, I did stuff.”

Now, all her friends had caught on.

“You know you can tell us anything.” Sandbar told her, “Did something happen at home?”

Silverstream shook her head. “Can we…please not talk about it now? Look, everyone’s already in their rooms. We’re the only ones still outside.”

Ocellus nodded slowly, “Guys, please don’t press her. I’ll talk to her later.”

“Good luck.” Gallus replied, resuming his conversation with Smolder. The six friends entered the Students’ Quarters, telling each other goodnight and dispersing. Ocellus and Silverstream were the only ones who remained in the empty hallway.

“Silverstream,” Ocellus asked gently, “What happened over the weekend? You can tell me.”

“Why do you want to know?” Silverstream inquired suspiciously.

“I’m just worried about you.” Ocellus answered, sighing. “Look, if you don’t want to tell me, you don’t have to. I’m just looking out for you as a friend.”

Silverstream finally nodded. “Fine…” She looked her straight in the eyes and Ocellus saw the sadness there. “Queen Novo told me that I’m…undisciplined and too hyperactive…” Ocellus gasped. Silverstream took several shaky breaths, “Do you and the others think I’m too much?”

“No!” Ocellus answered quickly. She saw a unicorn student open their door to see what was going on and she waved her off. As soon as the pony was back inside, Ocellus shook her head, speaking a little softer, “Sorry. We don’t think you’re too much, Silverstream. We really don’t. Gallus was just making a bad joke.”

“It’s true though.” Silverstream said sadly. “I know I can be a little too overexcited about everything. I lived most of my life underwater and I just want to explore everything about the surface world. You guys wouldn’t know because you’ve lived on land your whole lives.”

“Silver, I get it.” Ocellus told her, “I was born to a tyrannical queen, never knowing what it was like to speak for or be myself. I spent the majority of my youth as a mindless drone. When Thorax became King, I felt something…I felt free. Free to pursue my own life and explore my own interests. But my upbringing scarred me so much…I guess that’s why I’m more reserved. You know, I envy your constant energy sometimes.”

“But Queen Novo’s right.” Silverstream sighed, “Ocellus, I really appreciate your understanding, but it’s true that I should be more normal. You don’t think I catch the other students staring at me when I talk excitedly about small things they already have and don’t care about? Even former Headmare Twilight told me once that I should be more quiet in the school library.”

“So what do you want to do?” Ocellus asked her.

“I don’t know…” Silverstream admitted, “I wish that something would happen that would force me to confront who I am and what I believe in, I mean, our professors went on all the adventures in the world and what did we do? Aside from stopping Cozy Glow and bringing all of Equestria together, we haven’t really done much. It’s all just studying, some scary pop quizzes here and there, and hanging out…we’re really not that important.”

“Maybe not,” Ocellus said, “But we’re friends. That’s what matters. And Silverstream…maybe you’ll get your chance one day. I personally don’t think you need to change who you are. So what if some of the other students think you’re weird for delighting in what Equestria has to offer? We’re weird too. We’re the only non-pony creatures in this school. Well, besides Sandbar. You can always be yourself when you’re with us. Maybe Queen Novo just expects more…dignified behavior when it comes to royal events.”

Silverstream nodded, but she still wasn’t convinced. She was about to say something in response, but she saw Ocellus’s kind and hopeful smile, and decided against it.

Instead, the two friends said goodnight to each other, with Ocellus offering one more word of encouragement, and they both went to bed.

Closing the door behind her, Silverstream sighed deeply. She walked towards her bed and tucked herself in. She thought about Ocellus’s advice and soon drifted off to sleep.

Outside the School of Friendship, in the midst of all the silence, a shimmering apparition of an old man stood, having watched the two friends from a distance. He closed his eyes, reaching out across the Force.

Your time will come, Silverstream.”

PreviousChapters Next