• Published 2nd Oct 2021
  • 540 Views, 62 Comments

Star Wars: The Trials of the Force (Part One) - Admiral Producer



Silverstream’s Padawan is kidnapped and stolen from her in a heart-wrenching betrayal from within the Jedi Order. Silver vows revenge and embarks on a journey across the universe to save her….

  • ...
5
 62
 540

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 13: Equestria - Twilight’s Sacrifice & The Crystals/The Magical Crisis Pt 2

ACT 2: BETRAYAL OF A JEDI

The Moon was hanging gracefully in the night sky, the stars shining with all the love and warmth of their creator. Though she had retired, the legacy of the former Princess of the Night had continued on in the dark purple canvas that encased the sky every night.

Everypony was asleep at this time. The only noises that were heard were the animals that came out at night, as well as the crickets chirping. Other than that, the cities were quiet. Canterlot was illuminated by the silver glow of the Moon, which was at its fullest. Though the city was quiet, if one were to look close, they could see something stirring. The drawbridge that led to the city was being lowered.

A silhouette of an alicorn was flying out of the city.

It was none other than Princess Twilight Sparkle, her body and facial features concealed in a black cloak. She wore an expression of deep concern and worry. Tears were at the corners of her eyes as she flew higher and higher into the sky. Magic was on the verge of complete dissipation. She didn’t have long. She didn’t know if she would live or die. Starswirl had told her that there was no other way, that she would have to make this choice or let Equestria die. She had spent days researching the spell. She knew the risks, she knew what she would be sacrificing. It didn’t matter to her. The safety of Equestria mattered to her more.

The air was becoming harder to breathe as she ascended further in the atmosphere. Eventually, she reached the perfect distance to cast the spell. Throwing off her cloak, she watched it fall to the ground far beneath her. Ponyville seemed all but tiny from a bird’s eye view. She knew what she had to do. She would save them. She would save all of them. She would explain to her friends later what had happened. Briefly, she thought of the conversation she had with Ocellus about the latter’s grief over losing Silverstream, how she told the young changeling to go out and pursue her dreams, make new friends, and enjoy life. Now she was going to practice what she preached. She would save Equestria and then enjoy life with her friends.

If she lived through this.

Closing her eyes, she let the memories of her friends flow through her, just in case this would be her last time alive. She thought of her parents, the Princesses…her brother Shining Armor…Spike…potentially leaving him hurt the most. If she died, he would never know what happened. She had neglected to tell him. That was her only regret. He would grow up hating the world for no reason at all. But it was a risk she had to take. She couldn’t spare his feelings and let Equestria suffer without magic.

Tears began streaming down her face as she began to charge up the spell. A spark of pink magic became an aura and then a full bubble of magic encased her. She would be separating her alicorn magic back into its original earth pony, unicorn, and pegasus components. In doing so, she would be losing her immortality and her alicornhood, the destiny that Celestia had fought so hard to give her. If Citrine Spark had never touched that Magic Mirror all those weeks ago, the crisis never would’ve happened. But she couldn’t blame her former student. She had been under the influence of dark magic. She had managed to commute the yellow unicorn’s sentence to just 72 hours of community service and with a last Princess Pardon, she had pardoned her former student after thinking about it for a while. It was the least she could do.

The magical energy became stronger and her eyes glowed full white. There was no time for anymore thoughts, only action. With a loud scream, she unleashed all the magic from her inner being, creating a supersonic blast of rainbow magic that resembled the Sonic Rainboom. The rainbow ring cascaded throughout Equestria, the sound of her screams traveling with it. The sound was so loud, it awoke any pony that heard it. Wherever the rainboom went, the magic returned with it.

The sound was heard loudest in Ponyville. Everycreature ran outside just in time to see a very large image of Twilight’s cutie mark explode into being in the sky, the very same image that had appeared when she had become an alicorn all those years ago. Her friends registered what was happening immediately, but were too late to stop it. Ocellus and the rest of the other Young Five saw what was happening too. Standing in the midst of the assembled crowd, Ocellus saw the massive magenta star slowly lower to the ground and fought back tears, recognizing what her former principal had done and hoped that she was still alive.

Thankfully, when the white flash of light cleared, Twilight was still alive, though she had changed. She was no longer an alicorn, nor a unicorn. Her wings and horn had vanished and she was now an Earth Pony. She had given up being a Princess to save Equestria.

Immediately, Applejack and Rainbow Dash ran over to help Twilight stand, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie following.

“Can you…” Twilight panted with exhaustion, hoping desperately that the spell had worked.

Rarity nodded, her horn lighting up a light blue.

“You did it, darling. You saved us.”

“I’m so sorry, sugarcube,” Applejack told her, “That must’ve been a hard decision to make.”

“Who’s going to rule Equestria now?” Rainbow Dash asked her.

“Starswirl and the Pillars…” Twilight replied, “The Pillars will rule Equestria…until a new ruler can be chosen…”

“Twilight…?” a soft voice came. Twilight turned. It was Fluttershy, standing next to Ocellus. The poor pegasus was in tears and Ocellus was trying to comfort her.

“Fluttershy,” Twilight said, “It’s okay. Magic is back. I’ve fixed everything. Now I can live the rest of my life with all of you. Maybe become a teacher at the school or something.”

“But your destiny,” Ocellus said, shaking her head in disbelief, “You gave up your alicornhood to save us…Why? One of us is the cause of all of this.”

Twilight smiled weakly, “It doesn’t matter. You know how I told you that you should enjoy life instead of worrying about the past?” Ocellus nodded, “I figured I’d do the same thing. I’ve pardoned Citrine with my last act as Princess, and I’m going to focus on helping Equestria from Ponyville once again…”

“Look!” Starlight pointed up at the sky, where three crystals were slowly being lowered to the ground. One was a small pink crystal representing the Unicorns, the second crystal was a large blue one in the shape of outstretched wings to represent the pegasi, and the final crystal was a white circular jewel for the Earth Ponies.

Twilight picked all three of them up, “These crystals contain the source of your magic. My magic.” She shoved all three of them together with her hooves, “They must be kept together at all times. Should they be separated, the magic will fade away too.”

“We’ll protect and guard them with our lives,” came Starswirl’s voice. Twilight turned to her left. The Pillars of Old Equestria had arrived in Ponyville. Twilight hoofed the conjoined crystals over to the unicorn wizard, who took them with his magic, “We will make sure they will never be separated at any cost. Your legacy will live on, Twilight.”

Twilight shook her head solemnly, “I don’t care about a legacy, Starswirl. I’m just glad that this is over.”
———————————————————————————————————————————————
Coruscant….

Loud yells…shouts and cries…a blast of immense power…three crystals of magic…

Silverstream awoke in a cold sweat once again, screaming Twilight’s name. She had dreamt of the sacrifice that Twilight had made back in Equestria and she couldn’t believe it. Since the Clone Wars, she had learned to trust in the Force whenever she had a strange dream or vision. This could only mean one thing.

Twilight had sacrificed herself to save Equestria. Whether she was alive or dead, Silver didn’t know. What she did know though was that something had happened back home involving her former Headmare. And she would never know what it was as the dream had not finished and she was unlikely to have it again.

She made a mental note to bring it up to either Master Yoda or Anakin in the morning as they would listen and know about Force-induced visions.
In the meantime, she lay back down and eventually fell fast asleep once more.

Author's Note:

Twilight creates G5!! :pinkiegasp:

Well, this is the second Twilight-focused chapter of the story to kickstart Act 2. I guess I did include her after all in this tale, well woop dee doo. Looks like I’m ready to commit to writing Guardians of Harmony since I can actually write Twilight at least competently. This chapter was based on Sawtooth Wave’s legendary theory video explaining what happened to Twilight in G5. Here’s the link:

The Fate of Twilight Sparkle
https://youtu.be/lovjysipmpE

To be clear as to where this story takes place chronologically, it takes place a few months after Twilight’s coronation, so the events of the Last Problem are not canon in this story’s continuity.

As we move into Act 2, here’s the soundtrack piece to play for Twilight’s sacrifice.

Forget Me Knots (Spider-Man: No Way Home Soundtrack)
https://youtu.be/36IHX306qeg

Stay tuned for the next chapter whenever that is! :twilightsmile:

PreviousChapters Next