• Published 3rd Sep 2021
  • 2,652 Views, 103 Comments

The Great Trial Continues! - Dimitri2278



After the Black League fired their nukes, they fled into their bunkers. But, when they went off, the whole of Russia's underground bunker network disappeared... Only to reappear in a very different Russia.

  • ...
9
 103
 2,652

The Response

Dec 8th, 2042
Canterlot Castle, Canterlot, Principality of Equestria
1430

Princess Celestia stood with a troubled expression as the recorded broadcast ended, and her guards wheeled the TV out of the room. "What shall we do, Princess?" asked the same captain from earlier.

Celestia put a hoof to her chin as she tried to think of a response. 'This has never happened before! How am I supposed to defeat humanity twice!? Especially when I have so many unsatisfied ponies to deal with!?' she remained in silence. 'I should speak with the others,' she turned to look at him and the others in the room. "Excuse me, my little ponies. But I need you all to leave the room," she ordered as they bowed and left, closing the doors behind them. Once they were gone, she walked down from her throne and turned to face it, lighting her horn in the process. She then aimed a beam of golden magic at the sun embedded in its surface. As the spell made contact, it retracted as the floor opened up and pulled the throne back from the expanding hole, and she opened her wings and flew inside as the floor closed above her, causing her to light her horn for light. When she came to the bottom of the fifty-foot hole, she found a small corridor just large enough for her with a pointed roof cut out of the stone, which she proceeded to walk inside.

As she did, the many torches that lined the walls lit up as she passed, casting golden light on the tunnel. After about five minutes, she came to a small reinforced wooden door, and she lit her horn and began to deactivate all the protection spells she had placed on it. When she was finished, she opened the door to find a room filled with a large still pool of pitch-black water. She took a breath before entering the water and sinking into its depths. The next moment, she arose to find herself emerging from a pitch-black lake, whose waters were still and unmoving, even as she flew above it. In front of Celestia stood a grand palace, which was even more beautiful and spacious than the castle in Canterlot. She flew up to the doors and opened them to find its halls filled with beautifully dressed ponies dancing and partying. She paid them little mind, remembering that they were simply meant to serve as a distraction.

As she made her way to the end of the room, she looked out the window to see that, on the other side of the lake, stood a magnificent, glowing tree on a hill with a rod of iron leading up to it, only to disappear in a dense mist. She shook her head and turned to find a grand staircase. Instead of using them, however, she extended her wings and flew up flight after flight of stairs until she came to a set of massive doors. These she opened with her magic, and stepping into the room, she found she was surrounded on all sides by great mirrors that stood even taller than her. Once she was in the center, she summoned forth as much power as she could. Before, she cast a great beam of light that reflected off each mirror until all were hit. Then, each began to shift like water as her refections began to change, each acting on their own or looking slightly different from the other. Then, without warning, they each stepped forward, with roughly a hundred in total. "Greetings sisters'," said Celestia as she observed all the variations of...herself.

"Why have you called us here?" asked one with a cold tone.

The Celestia in the center sighed as she looked at the doppelganger that had spoken. "I...have a problem,"

"What kind of problem? Surely you can put down another rebellion," said another, this one in an annoyed tone. "After all, I had to deal with a civil war...one which nopony will ever remember. So, I'm sure you can-"

"ENOUGH!" bellowed the central Celestia in the Royal Canterlot Voice as she turned to look at each of them in turn. "No, I can't!" she began as the others fell silent. "I don't know how, but some humans have managed to survive the purification and have declared war!"

When she had finished, she stood huffing in anger as the rest began to laugh. "Oh, come now, I'm sure it's not that bad,"
-

Dec 9th, 2042
Maresk, New Stalliongrad
0650

"Grandpa Breaker, what are you doing?" asked a young red colt named Clay Cracker with a grey mane as he watched an older stallion searching through several beat-up boxes filled with various odds-and-ends in the cobweb-filled attic of their house.

The old grey stallion pulled his head out of one of the boxes, with his dull black mane flicking back as he turned to face the colt. "I-I don't know what, moy boy. But I know it's important," he answered in an accented voice as he once again began sifting through the boxes. As he did, the young colt put a hoof to his chin as he began to look, spotting various old papers and letters, with some even dating back to before the conversion. "Well, how do you know it's important if you don't know what you're looking for?"

"I...can't remember. All I know is that it has something to do with that speech we heard yesterday," said Breaker while he continued looking.

The colt seemed shocked upon hearing this. "What does this have to do with that?" Clay asked as he turned and found a faded, black and white picture of a man wearing a plain-looking uniform. He picked it up before shaking his head. "I mean, you can't even remember,"

Breaker sighed as he turned. "I may not remember, but I just know there's-" he paused as his eyes centred on the picture in the colt's hooves.

"Grandpa?" asked Clay as the older stallion nodded to the photo. "This?" he nodded again, and Clay hooved it over. "That's what you were looking for?"

"Yes, Grandson, this is what I was looking for," he said in a strained tone as tears began to form at the edges of his eyes as he continued staring at it, as a sad smile appeared on his muzzle.

Clay walked up and sat beside him before laying his head on his shoulder to get a better look. "Who is it?" he asked as he looked on in confusion.

"This, moy mal'chik, is your Great-Great-Grandfather," Breaker said in an even more accented tone as tears began falling down his face. "He fought in the-" Breaker paused as he furrowed his brow, only to close his eyes and smile as he laid back, pulling his grandson close while holding the picture so that both of them could look at it. "He fought in the Velikaya Otechestvennaya Voyna or the Great Patriotic-"

He paused as Clay burst into laughter. "You're sounding like that guy from the TV!"

The old stallion nuzzled him before clearing his throat. "As I was saying: he fought in the Great Patriotic War against the Nazis. Who thought we were all..." he paused as he turned to Clay as realization dawned on him, as Clay was looking up at him in confusion.

"Grandpa, why did you stop?" he asked as the old stallion sat up and Clay followed suit.

Then, Breaker sighed before turning his head to look at him. "Because, today, I realized why you're father decided to fight against...her,"

The colt looked at him in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Breaker closed his eyes. "Do you remember why your mother left you with me?" he asked in a peculiar tone as Clay put a hoof to his chin.

"I remember her saying something about having to leave with Papa, but that was all," he said before turning back to the older stallion.

"Well, my boy...they were arrested for conspiring against Celes-" he paused as his ears perked up.

"Grandpa?" asked Clay as he began to hear a low rumble coming from outside. "What is-" he was cut-off as Breaker jumped up and rushed down the stairs as he gestured for him to follow. Once they were both downstairs, they left out the door as the rumbling grew louder. As they did, Clay noticed many of his neighbours had done the same.

"Stay here," said Breaker as he patted Clay on the head before turning and walking towards several others who were grouped together. "Privet!" he greeted as they smiled.

"So you remember too!?" asked a red mare with a black mane.

Then, a dark green stallion with a white mane stepped forward and shook his hoof. "I'm glad it wasn't just us. It's good to have you back. In fact, it's good for all of us to be back!"

Breaker smiled as tears welled up in his eyes. "I know we already know each other, but what are your names, your real names?"

In all, there were roughly twenty ponies in this group. But, before they could start, they heard a panicked yell, and they turned to see Clay pointing at the road. Then they turned to see large objects approaching from the east. "Is that who I think it is?" asked the dark green stallion.

"I think... Yes, it's the army!" yelled one of the mares in the crowd as a large red stallion with a red and black mane turned to the others.

"Quick, somepony-someone, we need a flag! We need to show them where our loyalty lies!" he then began ordering ponies about as they each broke off to find anything they could scrape together to form the white, blue, and red flag of their former nation. As this was going on, Breaker rushed back to Clay.

"Grandpa, what was that about? I didn't understand-" he was cut-off as Breaker hugged him as tears fell from his eyes.

"It is alright, just stay here. I have to get something," Breaker then rushed inside before running back out the door with a white table cloth clenched tightly between his teeth. He ran up to the group as two others brought forth a red cloth and a blue cloth.

"Alright, now, let's put this together!" yelled the same stallion as several mares and stallions stepped forward with saddlebags. They then pulled out sewing equipment and put the flag together as Breaker turned to the road. He saw numerous armoured vehicles spread out while continuing their advance. He was joined by the red stallion, and they both nodded as they began to walk towards them. Once the approaching force was roughly a kilometre away, they spotted soldiers dismounting out the back before spreading out and moving beside the vehicles. "HEY, COMRADES!" yelled Breaker as the soldiers continued to advance, seemingly unable to hear him.

The red stallion then turned to him. "It's no use... what is your name?"

The older stallion then turned to him. "It's Karol, Karol Vlasov," Karol began. "And yours?"

"Well, mine is Alex Bogdanov," he said with a smile. "I'm just happy to use my real name!"

"Agreed!" said Karol with a laugh before he turned to see several gobsmacked soldiers staring at them as the driver of the vehicle stuck his head out. "HELLO, COMRADES!"

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoy it!