• Published 10th Sep 2021
  • 1,005 Views, 9 Comments

Love and Light - Princess Starflight



Flurry Heart has a crush on Cozy Glow, but will she be able to tell her? What if Cozy rejects her offer to be marefriends? And what will other ponies think about "Cozy Heart?"

  • ...
8
 9
 1,005

Chapter 2

After the picnic, the Cutie Mark Crusaders offered to show Cozy around Ponyville. Cozy was more than happy to accept. Eleven years of staring at the same things had really bored her.

“This is Twilight’s old castle, which will probably become Luster Dawn’s when she grows up,” Apple Bloom said. “And this is Sugarcube Corner. You should try some of the treats there sometime! This is Carousel Boutique, which belongs to Sweetie Belle now. And this is Sweet Apple Acres, mah home!” Apple Bloom pointed at a busy farm with several ponies working. “Hey, Applejack!”

Applejack smiled when she heard Apple Bloom. She trotted over, and the two sisters hugged. “Hey, sugarcube. Did ya make any friends today?”

“Ah sure did!” Apple Bloom said happily, pointing at Cozy Glow. “She’s mah new friend!”

Applejack’s eyes widened. “Is that-”

“Cozy Glow,” Sweetie Belle said.

Applejack just stood there, her mouth hanging open. Then she said with a glare, “Well, ah knew that spell would wear off, but ah never expected it to happen that soon. Cozy Glow, what exactly are ya doin’ in mah farm?”

“Applejack, Flurry Heart freed Cozy Glow. She’s a good pony now, and we’re just showing her around. I think she’d like some of that leftover pie-” Apple Bloom was cut short by her sister’s yelling.

“What in tarnation was Flurry thinking, freein’ the evil pony like that?! And what are ya doin’ with Cozy? Ya know she could hurt or manipulate ya!” Applejack was scolding Apple Bloom so loudly that even Mrs. Margaret, the hard-of-hearing old lady, could hear her. The old pony had a confused expression as she walked by.

Cozy Glow’s ears drooped, and she looked at the ground. “I guess I’ll go then,” she said. “I’m sorry Apple Bloom, but maybe taking me to the farm wasn’t a good idea. Nopony wants to see me except you girls.”

Then she ran away, just like that.

Scootaloo quickly ran after her and flapped her small wings. “I’ll go make sure she’s okay!” she shouted to the girls.

Apple Bloom glared at Applejack. “That was mean!” she said. “Ya can’t just judge a book by its cover, and a pony by her past. Cozy is a good pony now, and yer just bein’ plain awful to her!”

Applejack said, “Apple Bloom, ah was just tryin’ to protect ya. Trust me, ah know the difference between a good pony and a bad pony pretendin’ to be a good pony. Listen to yer big sister, and ya won’t regret it. Ah’m the element of honesty, remember?”

“Not kindness though,” Sweetie Belle said. “You weren’t kind to Cozy Glow, just because of her past. But what about Discord and Starlight? Sunset and Tempest? You’re kind to them, so what makes Cozy different?”

“Besides, y’all never gave poor Cozy a second chance! Ya didn’t hear her part of the story and why she did the things she did. Maybe if y’all had just listened to her, she wouldn’t have teamed up with Chrysalis and Tirek and she would be a good pony. But ya didn’t. Y’all sent a poor filly to Tartarus, and now yer bein’ mean to her?” Apple Bloom added.

Applejack looked at the girls for a while. Finally she said, “Well…ah admit it wasn’t right of me to yell those things about her. But what if she’s manipulating y’all? Ya know what she’s like.”

Apple Bloom shook her head. “Nah, she’s not manipulatin’ anypony. When ah forgave her, she was like, ‘There’s no reason to think ah’m not manipulatin’ ya right now, though ah’m pretty sure ah’m not.’ Ya think she would’ve said that if she was tricking me?”

Applejack shook her head no. “She’s not dumb.”

“So there’s mah proof,” Apple Bloom said.

Applejack sighed. “Alright, then. Ah believe ya, but ah still think we should keep our guard up. So...how do ah apologize to her? Ah was kinda mean.”

“I’m sure Scootaloo will find her and they’ll be back soon,” Sweetie said. “Then you can apologize. All we have to do is wait.”

“Okay.” Applejack smiled slightly. “Now, how does some apple pie sound?”


“Cozy, wait!” Scootaloo sprinted after the surprisingly fast pink pegasus. At least Cozy wasn’t flying. Scootaloo hated her flying disability, but at least her wings helped her go faster on her scooter.

She ran faster and flapped her wings. As fast as Cozy was, Scootaloo could see that she was tiring. She was gaining on her. Scootaloo was just about to pull Cozy towards her when she crashed into somepony, and fell to the ground.

“Hey! You should, like, maybe watch where you’re, like, going!” said the pony Scootaloo had bumped into. She was mint green in color, with an aqua-ish green mane. A clover bow sat on top of her mane.

Scootaloo stood up and rubbed her head. “Sorry. You okay?”

“I guess I’m, like, fine. But, like, where are you going in such a hurry? I’m Clover, by the way,” the green pony said.

“Actually, I’m chasing…a friend. She ran away from this pony who was being rude, and I wanted to make sure she was okay,” Scootaloo said.

“Oh, you mean that pink pony? Isn’t her name, like, Crazy Glue or something?” Clover said.

Scootaloo shook her head. “No. Her name’s Cozy Glow.”

She waited for Clover to back away or scream or faint, but the mare did none. She simply said, “Oh, right. Well, want me to, like, help you find Cozy?”

Scootaloo nodded, shocked that Clover was talking about Cozy so casually. “Hey, do you know her?” she asked Clover.

“Like, who?”

“Cozy Glow.” Then Scootaloo facehoofed. “Oh my Celestia, that’s a stupid question. Everypony knows her.”

“I know her better than, like, other ponies. Crazy Glue - well, that was my nickname for her - was, like, one of my fillyhood friends.”

Scootaloo’s mouth dropped open. “Cozy Glow had friends? Real friends?”

Clover shrugged. “Yeah. Why are you, like, making such a big deal out of it? Cozy’s a sweet pony and attracts a lot of ponies.”

Scootaloo shook her head. “She’s not. Well, she is now, but not before...you know.”
“Oh. Like, okay then,” Clover said. “Now let’s stop wasting time and, like, catch up to Cozy already.”

Scootaloo wanted to ask some more questions, but she decided they could wait until after they found Cozy. “Alright,” she said. The two ponies ran off together, looking everywhere for their friend.

Two hours later, both mares were exhausted and had had no luck finding Cozy. Scootaloo decided to take a break and get some ice cream, and Clover agreed. While the girls ate, they discussed where Cozy might be.

“Maybe she went back to Applejack,” Scootaloo said. “Maybe she thought Applejack would apologize and she did and now they’re looking for us.”

“I don’t know,” Clover said. “That isn’t like Cozy, right?”

Scootaloo nodded. “Yeah. I think I was just hoping.”

“Maybe she, like, went to somepony she’s close to? Like, not that I think she’s really close to somepony, but like somepony she trusts.”

“Flurry Heart,” Scootaloo said. “Yes, that’s perfect! Thanks, Clover. Let’s go to Flurry’s-” She was cut off by Clover.

“Look! Look!” Clover was pointing at a pink pony with…light-blue hair?

It was Cozy Glow, galloping towards the girls with a smile.

“You came back!” Scootaloo hugged Cozy. Clover hugged her, too.

After a few seconds, Cozy pulled away. She noticed Clover and frowned. “Wait, who’s that? And why does she look familiar?”

“Cozy, I’m Clover. We were best friends as fillies, remember?” Clover said. Scootaloo frowned. Clover hadn’t used the word like a single time in those two sentences. Weird.

Cozy looked at her in confusion for a couple of seconds. Then, her eyes widened and she gasped. “Clover?! Oh, golly, it’s you! I never thought I would see you again! How did you find Scootaloo? How? It can’t be a coincidence that you met. Do you have a Scootaloo tracking device or something? Oh, golly! Does she know you’ve been tracking her? Oh, golly, golly, golly!”

“Calm down, Crazy Glue. Nopony has a tracking device, and it was a coincidence. But yeah, I’m happy to meet you again too!” Clover said.

Scootaloo was about to say something, but then she saw something in the air behind Clover and Cozy. “Who’s that?” she said.

“Oh my Celestia! Cozy! Scootaloo! I’ve been looking all over Equestria to find you two!” came the voice of Flurry Heart. She landed and sprinted over to Cozy.

“Sorry,” Cozy said. Or at least it sounded like “sorry.” Flurry’s giant bear hug muffled her voice.

“Everypony’s worried sick about you girls! Especially Applejack. She’s literally been…um, actually, I don’t want you to know. Anyway-”

“How do you know about the Applejack incident?” Cozy cut Flurry off.

“Oh, Sweetie Belle teleported herself and Apple Bloom to my castle when you weren’t back after half an hour, and then they told me,” Flurry explained. “Sweetie had to take a nap because the teleportation drained her energy.” She laughed.

Then Flurry noticed Clover. “Who’s that green pony?” she asked.

Cozy smiled. “Flurry, meet Clover, my oldest friend."

Author's Note:

Clover is a made-up character; she is not Clover the Clever. :pinkiesmile: Hope you enjoy the second chapter of my fanfiction :heart:

Edit: I have writers block. I hate it; it sucks. I don't like not having any ideas :fluttershysad: I haven't been able to write a lot because of school. I'll have to pause the story; I'm sorry.