• Published 29th Sep 2021
  • 514 Views, 4 Comments

Hope and Wrath - Godzilla2020



When the seas run red and the moths cry may the last hope awaken to appease the flames of wrath.

  • ...
 4
 514

Chapter 1

"When the seas run red, and the moth's cry may the last hope awaken to appease the flames of wrath." Asagi read aloud.

"Well, that sounds pleasant." Aki said, slurping her ramen down, "Not nightmare inducing at all."

"Say it, don't spray it, Aki!" Asagi said, pulling her tablet away.

"Sorry, but you should know not to bring work on our lunch days." Aki said, pointing a chopstick at her friend. Asagi rolled her eyes with a smile while plopping a dumpling in her mouth. The two sat on the empty benches of the local ramen shop. Aki slurped down another batch before picking the bowel up and drinking it down, much to Asagi's shock. She slammed the blow down with a satisfied sigh, "God I've missed this."

"I'm pretty sure there's ramen in America." Asagi said with a small giggle.

"Yeah, but it's not as good as back home." Aki said, "Speaking of which, where are the others? I'm finally back in town and only one of my best friends greets me. And it's not even one of the cool ones."

"Hey!" Asagi shot her a glare.

"Kidding." Aki said with a snort, "But compared to Akane and Satomi you're a Sheldon."

"Who?"

"Someone from a show I watched in America."

"Well, I'm cooler than Miki that's for sure." Asagi said, "Satomi just has her looks going for her, but people with brains are going to be the ones in charge."

Aki was in the process of rolling her eyes due to her friend starting to lecture her. That's when she noticed the three walking up to their table. One of them had short pink hair and dressed in black a crop top, thigh high high-heeled boots announced each step. Beside her was a woman in white t-shirt with a yellow miniskirt whose earrings danced with each step she took. Finally, the tallest of the bunch, she was dressed in all black with a hat that had the logo for the defense force across the top. She had a wicked smile on her while cracking her knuckles. She moved faster than the others while sneaking up on Asagi.

"And Akane is a meathead who was late to class just about every day." Asagi went on unaware. "Then there were all the fights she---OWWW!" The one in black cracked her across the head swiftly causing Asagi to cry out in pain and shock. She looked at the person who hit her full of rage ready to tell them off only for her eyes to pop out of her head, "A-A-Akane!"

"A meat head huh?" Akane growled, pulling Asagi into a headlock.

"Give her a break, Akane. She is the popular one. Isn't that right Satomi."

"What's that Miki? I couldn't hear you. I was too busy obsessing with my looks."

Satomi and Miki snickered, giving Asagi vengeful glances as her eyes rolled back into her head and she began to foam at the mouth. The two continued to snicker until they noticed Aki. Miki's eyes widened and teared up before she rushed straight into Aki's arms. "Aki, is it really you?"

"If it wasn't would I be hugging you back?" Aki said.

"Almost didn't recognize you." Akane said, dropping Asagi to the ground.

"What's up with the hair?" Satomi said, picking a strand of Aki's autumn colored hair.

"I thought it was cool." Aki said brushing Satomi away, "What's with the goth look."

She pointed to the lip ring change that connected to an earring, she also had tattoos along her shoulders, Aki couldn't take her eyes off the silver ring sitting in Satomi's navel, then there was the black eyeliner around her gold eyes. Her purple lipstick formed a smile, "I thought it was cool."

"Which it is." Akane said, sitting down at the table.

"Don't tell me you talked her into this look." Aki sighed looking at Akane.

Akane snickered, shaking her head. Miki shyly cleared her throat looking at Aki sheepishly, "Actually that was me."

"What?!" Aki's eyes nearly bugged out of her skull.

Satomi snickered and pulled a picture out of her phone. Aki looked at it slacked jawed. Satomi looked how she was now, but Miki was dressed the same, although she was showing off less skin than her friend. The two were at a heavy metal concert with wide smiles and hanging tongues.

"I went through a bit of metal faze." Miki blushed.

"More like obsession." Akane said, plopping a dumpling in her mouth.

Aki slumped down her chair in shock, "You leave to study abroad for a few years and end up missing everything."

"So how was it?" Miki asked, sitting next to Aki.

"And how much did you miss us?" Akane said.

All of her friends leaned in looking to hear her answer. Aki tapped her chin for a moment in thought, "It was." They leaned in closer, "It was." They got closer, "Okay."

They all fell flat. Asagi jumped back to life first and grabbed Aki by the collar and started shaking, "You always have a story, and you choose now to just say one thing."

"I just studied creative writing, it's not as interesting as you think." Aki said brushing away Asagi, "I mean you and Miki are going to be actual doctors in a few months. Akane is in the military and Satomi is building robots in her uncle's factory."

"Technically I'm the receptionist there." Satomi said while pointing a thumb to Akane, "And this one is still in basic training."

"I'll be moving up in rank next week." Akane grumbled.

"Aki you were in another country; you have to have some stories." Miki said.

"Well, I did meet this nice group of girls and we became quick friends. Actually, two of them said they wanted to see Japan. They'll be coming up here in a few days." Aki said.

"Lead with that next time, Aki!" Asagi said face palming, "Two new friends are coming and neither me or Miki will meet them."

"Eh no big deal, I was just going to show them around Tokyo for a bit." Aki said, waving them off, "For now I just want to hear about you girls. I've missed you all. Asagi, you and Miki are going to an undiscovered island. Tell me about that."

"Well, it's more like an atoll." Miki said.

"That suddenly sprung from the ocean overnight." Asagi said with excitement clear on her face, "It also has all of these ancient statues around it. They might be from an undiscovered civilization!"

"Looks like she's letting the geek out." Akane snickered.

"That prophecy I was reading to you was from a carved tablet that was placed there." Asagi said.

"Well that definitely explains all of the doom gloom. Those ancient tribes believed everyday was doomsday." Aki said with a laugh.

The group started to laugh with her and engage in more conversations and stories of the past. Each of them blissfully unaware of the horrors being unleashed in the world.

............
Somewhere in the South Pacific
.............

The storm seemingly came out of nowhere or at least that's what he told himself. The world felt like it was coming to an end all around him. Yet still he ran, his fear pushed away the burning in his lungs. Thunder cracked, shaking the world. It was followed by flashes of lightning. The trees split in two and he could smell smoke.

Harata couldn't think of the right words to say. He kept telling himself that it was a natural occurrence, but deep down he knew none of this was natural. This storm was more like a punishment for setting foot on this island and touching what shouldn't have been touched.

Thunder boomed again only it sounded deeper like the roar of a sleeping beast awakening from its slumber. Harata screamed at the sound of it and ran harder through the forest. When he broke out of the forest and to the beach his heart nearly sank. There was only one person left out of the thirty he came with. The man's clothes were torn, and blood stained them. He held a pistol waving it around madly as his jaws clattered.

"Ishida!" Harata shouted.

Isihda looked at Harata with wide eyes of horror, "They're gone.... all of them."

Harata felt sick but didn't want to deal with the emotions, "We have to radio for help."

Thunder boomed causing Isihda to scream and start firing wildly. Harata ducked trying to avoid the bullets. "We're dead! We're dead! Game over man! Game over!"

“Get a hold of yourself!” Harata shouted over the raging storm and bullets.

Isihda stopped firing but continued to pull on the trigger. The only sound was clicking and his sobs. Harata picked himself and grabbed Ishida by the shoulders before slapping him across the face.

“We don’t have time for this, and you wasted all our only protection!”

“I don’t want to die!”

“Get on the ship.”

“We can’t sail that thing!”
“No but we can hide there and send a distress signal out." Harata said, looking at the boat.

Ishida nodded, although he was still shaking. The two made their way to the boat quickly pulling themselves on board. They ran to the main deck bursting through the door.

“Find something to block the door with.” Harata ordered.

Ishida obeyed without a hint of questioning. He quickly slammed the door shut and locked it before looking for anything to put against it. Harata rushed to the radio and began flipping whatever switches he could to make it work. The radio started to crackle to life, making Harata’s heartbeat twice as fast.

“Hello? Please someone answer! We are from the Japanese Science Expo! We need assistance, I repeat we need….”

“Harata!” Ishida’s screams were overshadowed by the sound of breaking metal.

Harata’s face was illuminated by a chilling blue glow. His teeth chattered as he stared at the source of the light.

…………
Tokyo, Japan
…………

“You’re pregnant?!” Aki shouted at Akane.

Akane nearly choked on her dongo as her face became beat red and the others burst out laughing. Aki looked Akane over while poking at her stomach, “But you’re barely showing so how do you know it’s a girl?”

“I’m not pregnant you moron!” Akane whispered, while covering Aki’s mouth, “And would you keep it down. People are staring.”

“Pretty sure they’re staring at the giant soldier strangling the college student.” Asagi said.

The girls had left the restaurant and were enjoying a walk through the city. At least they were, now people were walking past them giving the group strange looks. Miki awkwardly laughed and waved. Satomi continued to burst out laughing.

“Guess I should have worded that better.” She said in between giggles.

“You think?” Akane groaned.

“So, you’re not having a kid?” Aki asked.

“No, she just has a kid.” Satomi said with a laugh.

“Satomi!” Akane growled before sighing, “Sara isn’t my kid and I’m not dating her dad.”

“And yet you three are never far apart.” Miki said in a singing voice.

“Akane as a mom never thought I’d see the day.” Aki said in wonder.

“I’m not a mom!” Akane roared.

“I give it a year before she moves in with him.” Asagi said.

“I give it a month.” Satomi countered.

The girls laughed as they continued to walk the streets of the city. Aki had wide eyes as she looked at the city, she once called home. It truly did surprise her how much had changed in the time she’d been gone. She did love her time in America, but this was her true home. Some of her favorite stores were still up and running. Even better, her sense of direction hadn’t dampened as she got closer to her favorite district in Tokyo.

“Akihabara!”

Aki had eyes as the group entered the district. The buildings were covered with various characters from her childhood and stores selling collectibles that made her eyes shine with hunger. She could practically feel her wallet shrinking in size all ready. In all the time she’d been gone this place was still the way she left it. She ran up to the window of a store to look at the models that were on display.

“Guys they’re straight from my favorite show!” She said with a wide smile.

Akane shrugged with a sigh, “What a weeb.”

“You literally said if we didn’t come here today, you’d shoot us.” Asagi pointed out.

Akane mumbled obscenities, her cheeks red, as they walked through the district. Aki had a wide smile on her face as a flood of memories rushed into her like a waterfall. Her and her friends, just spending a fun day after school walking through various shops and stopping into arcades to play their hearts out. A simple time that she would always play on repeat in her head, and she wanted to relive that moment now.

She grabbed Miki and Akane by the arms and pulled them into various shops. Satomi was busy walking into the various electronic shops. Asagi busied herself by walking into a bookstore. They soon met back up Aki and Miki with wide smiles on their faces as they held bags with several collectibles inside them. Akane, doing her best to hide her smile, had a plushie inside of her bag. Satomi was bobbing her head back listening to music on her new headphones. Asagi smiled while holding a book that had strange characters on it.

“Check it out. A book on runes.” Asagi said.

“I haven’t heard of those since high school.” Miki said in amazement.

“So where to next?” Aki asked, still full of energy.

“Akane?” A soft-spoken voice said.

The group turned and found a thin man in a white button staring at them. At his side was a girl, no older than seven. She smiled when saw Akane, who had a massive blush on her face.

“Tokumitsu?” Akane stuttered out as her face became redder with each passing moment. The others stared at her then to Tokumitsu. Aki had the biggest smile when the girl let go of Tokumitsu's hand and rushed straight into Akane for a large hug. She nervously laughed, “Nice to see you, Sara.”

“I didn’t get to say goodbye to this morning, Akane!” Sara said with a smile.

“Sweetie, I told you Akane needs to leave early in the mornings.” Tokumitsu said looking at Akane with an honest smile, but he cleared his throat with a slight blush on his face, “But you did leave some of your um...personal stuff back in the bedroom did you want me to….”

Before he could go on Akane yelled and rushed him. She placed him in a headlock while stretching his body out. “What have I told you about knowing when to shut up Tokumitsu?”

“That I don’t do it enough!” Tokumitsu coughed out as he started to foam at the mouth.

While Akane continued to strangle Tokumitsu, Aki and the others took advantage of the confusion. They appeared next to Sara with smiles.

“Hey there kid, I’m one of Akane’s friends, name’s Aki.”

“Hi, I’m Sara! Your hair is pretty.” Sara said with a smile.

“Why thank you very much. So are Akane and you’re daddy dating?”

Akane picked up on the conversation and dropped Tokumitsu. Before Sara could answer she put the stuffed plushie she bought in the girl’s face. “Hey Sara, you told me you like this character, right?”

Sara gasped before grabbing the plushie and pulling it into a tight hug, “You’re awesome Akane!”

She hugged the stuffed toy tightly, forgetting about the conversation she was just in. Akane turned to her friends with blazing eyes. They all stared off to the sky, whistling innocently. She breathed out of nostrils before looking at Tokumitsu.

“Why are you here?” She got to his face close enough to be out of ear shot, “Were you following me again?”

“No, and that was a coincidence.” Tokumitsu said, getting a raised eyebrow from Akane. He then noticed the others were laughing to themselves. His face started to turn red before clearing his throat. He brought his feet together, “Okay let’s start over,” he bowed his head to everyone, “Hello my name is Tokumitsu Yuhara. I’m a biologist and an engineer in robotics.” He felt around his pockets but sighed, ”Sorry I don’t have a business card with me at the moment. Oh, and this is my daughter Sara Yuhara.”

“Why are we introducing ourselves? We already know Akane’s friends.” Sara asked.

“Not her new friend Sara, now be polite.” Tokumitsu said.

“Nice to meet you, Aki.” Sara said, bowing her head.

“You two as well.” Aki said with an honest smile.

“Tokumitsu.” Akane was tapping her foot impatiently, “Why are you here?”

“I was getting to that.” Tokumitsu stammered sweat dripping off his face, “Sara did very well on her exams, so I was taking her to an arcade as a reward.”

“Good for you, squirt!” Akane said, kneeling down to pat Sara’s head. Sara giggled at Akane’s complement.

Tokumitsu had a warm smile when he saw his daughter interacting with Akane. That was until Aki appeared next to him with a snicker, “So what are you and Akane?”

“Oh...um…. well...we...kind...of well.” Tokumitsu stammered as Akane looked at him and then to Aki who got closer to him with a larger and pressing smile. “She and I talk a lot. She’s also really good with Sara and that helps when I can’t get her from school.”

“Go on.” Aki said her smile growing as Akane started growling at the two.

“Daddy!” Sara suddenly took off.

“Sara, don't take off like that!” Tokumitsu’s eyes grew wide with worry as his daughter ran off.

“Don’t worry, I’ve got her.” Asagi said quickly, running after the child.

He sighed in relief but still followed after them. Satomi walked behind him snickering, “Saved by the bell Toku.”

“Why do you poke her like that?” Tokumitsu asked with a groan, feeling Akane’s steely gaze piercing his back, “You know how she gets.”

“I’ll stop when you two finally stop beating around the bush with each other.” Satomi said walking with her hands behind her back, “By the way did you look at those blueprints from uncle? He won’t stop pestering me.”

“Yeah, I looked and it’s insane.” Tokumitsu said, “A robot to fight off alien invaders? Is Yun going along with it?”

“That guy’s more of a robot than anything we’ve built.” Satomi said with a laugh, “You up for helping us?”

“Maybe it could at least be a little fun.” Tokumitsu said.

“Boys and their toys.” Satomi said with a sigh.

The group finally managed to catch up to Asagi and Sara. The pair had stopped inside of a local store with a television hanging on the ceiling. The two stared at the television with wide eyes. Tokumitsu quickly took his daughter’s hand into his own, “Sara you know better than to run off on your own?”

“Daddy look.”

Everyone looked at the television and found that it was turned to the news. The image was striking, and it made them shiver.

“For those just tuning in, a pod of whales have suddenly died in Tokyo Bay.” The anchor solemnly said. The image showed several dead humpback whales sitting in the middle of the ocean. Their bodies showed various wounds that leaked with blood that turned the ocean into a cold red.

“When the seas run red.” Asagi whispered.

“It’s unknown what caused these creatures to suddenly die. We’ve reached out to the defense force if this has anything to do with the nuclear submarine that disappeared in the Japan trench but have not received an answer.”
“Daddy, do you think it’s Gojira?” Sara asked.

“Of course, not sweetheart.” Tokumitsu said.

“Gojira?” Akane asked.

“A legend from my hometown. Gojira, the dragon of wrath. It’s been a long time since I’ve heard it, but if I remember correctly, he’s supposed to appear when the sea turns red.” Tokumitsu said looking at the disturbing image, “Kind of like that.”

“What happens when he appears?” Miki asked.

“He eats people.” Sara said growling like a monster.

“And I’m never sleeping again.” Aki deadpanned.

“Sara.” Tokumitsu groaned, silencing his daughter, “According to the legends Gojira appeared when the Earth would call out to him. He was meant to bring balance to nature. Eventually mankind did something that angered him, and he never forgave us again. That’s more or less of what I remember. That story was mostly just used as a kid's story back home.”

“No offense but your home has some weird kid stories.” Aki said she looked at the television and the gruesome images caused her to shudder, “Hey can we get out of here? All this ancient dragon and dead whale talk is starting to give me the creeps.”

“Daddy! Daddy! Can Akane and her friends come play with me at the arcade?!” Sara asked.

“Sweety I’m sure they had plans today. Let’s not intrude.”

“It’s fine we were planning on spending the rest of the day here and it’s been a while since I’ve gone to the arcade.” Aki said with a cheerful smile before leaning in close to Tokumitsu, “Besides I have a LOT more questions to ask you about Akane.”

“He said they didn’t want to come.” Akane said.

“Too late!” Aki said pulling Tokumitsu with her, “So where did you two first meet? How long have you been dating? Planning on having kids?”

She started shooting questions that made Tokumitsu nevrously laugh at and stammer for an answer. Akane groaned, dragging her hand across her face far enough to practically rip it off, “I’m going to strangle that moron.”

She followed after them, making sure to put herself between Aki and Tokumitsu. Satomi shrugged, walking along after them. Miki was about to join but stopped when she saw Asagi wasn’t moving. She looked like she was lost in thought.

“Asagi?” She called out to her friend to look at her, “You coming?”

“Oh yeah.” Asagi said.

“Is something wrong?” Miki asked worriedly.

“Yes, it’s…” She became lost in thought, and she sighed before smiling at Miki, “It’s nothing. Let’s go see if we can get Akane's forehead vein to pop out.”

They shared a laugh and sealed the deal with a high-five before walking off with the others. Asagi still couldn’t get a lingering thought out of her head. ‘Gojira appears when the ocean turns red. That sounds just like the legend from the atoll. Could they be the same?’

………
The Japan Trench
………

The darkness was intense, like something out of a nightmare. It felt strange he was just staring at the sun moments ago but now it felt like night had fallen. Ryudo sighed trying to shake off his nerves as he continued to descend.

“Satsuma squadron, what is your current depth?” A voice crackled over the radio.

“This is Satsuma one. Current depth 2,000 meters. We are approaching the Japan Trench and we have yet to find the target.” Ryudo answered.

“All right, monitor your fuel and oxygen. Sorry to say this but you're looking for a needle in a massive haystack.” The man on the radio said.

Ryudo could hear the sigh coming through the radio. When he looked out of the window, he spotted the other satsumas and the others sitting in their cockpits. From their body language he could tell they were annoyed. He couldn’t blame them. A submarine disappearing without a trace was already hard, but having it disappear near a trench that was close to 8,000 meters deep was close to an impossible task. It truly could be anywhere. It also didn’t help that it was a nuclear submarine. People were going to go crazy knowing something like that was lost somewhere and the government couldn’t find it.

“Commander, my oxygen and fuel are good for another three hours.”

“Well, that’s how long we’ll be down here for.” Ryudo said, gaining a collective set of groans from his entire squad.

“The damn thing is probably at the bottom of the trench knowing our luck.”

“Don’t add on to our bad karma. Just keep your eyes out and watch your high beams. No need to blind anyone.”

Ryudo began flipping switches in the advanced minisub. The lights flashed on making the dark seafloor light up, scattering swimming fish. He couldn’t help but snicker watching the fish swim away. “Sorry about that just passing through.”

He often envied fish. Maybe that was why he joined the navy’s deep-sea unit. The ability to move through the water without a care. Just alone with his own thoughts without worrying about others.

“Maybe in my next life.” He sighed.

“Commander on our right about 80 feet. I think I see something.”

Ryudo looked up in surprise. Maybe their luck was starting to change after all. He moved the sub in the given direction. He focused his high beams to reach out further. His eyes became wide when he saw the sign of light hitting metal. As they got closer his eyes grew wider.

“Commander, am I seeing this right?”

“That can’t be real.”

Ryudo was in a state of shock. The submarine they were searching was staring them in the face. Only it was torn apart. Three marks lined the open side, the front looked like a bent tin can, the propeller was gone like it was ripped out. There was no point looking for signs of life from the damage alone; there was no way any of the crew were still alive. He looked at the submarine to see if it truly was the one, he was sent to find. It was hard to tell from just how badly it was ripped apart, but he managed to see the name of it.

“This is our submarine. But what on earth happened to it?” Ryudo said.

“It looks like an animal attacked it.”

“But what kind of animal can do that?”

“The kraken?”

Ryudo turned on the radio, “Base command we’ve found the submarine, but you’re not going to believe the state it’s in.”

“What’s that?”

Ryudo looked up and felt a chill running down his spine. He saw something moving in the darkness. It was only for a moment, but he knew something was there. And it was large.

“Giant squids are common around these parts, maybe it was one of those.”

He could tell they were looking for any excuse to explain what was going on. They could all feel it. Something was watching them. He felt his heart beating faster. He always wanted to be a fish, but now he couldn’t help but wonder, is this how they feel when being hunted by a predator?

He gulped when he saw something crossing through his light. It was clearly an animal from the way it moved. But the size was intimidating; it dwarfed the submarine easily. It moved slowly, coming closer he couldn’t see the creature’s face, but the features he was looking at made it clear it was a predator. The creature had three rows of maple leaf spines running down its spine, then there were the scales they were as dark as the ocean itself making it blend in. He could see the creature's tail touching the seafloor. It had to be 20 meters long, maybe longer.

“Is that a dinosaur?” A shaky voice crackled in his ear.

Ryudo started to feel his body shake. Memories from long ago flooded his mind. Stories from sailors he would see monsters lurking in the depths. However, one brought sat firmly in his head. Just as the ocean floor was cloaked in an eerie blue glow. Allowing him to see the beast face and it was one full of an unholy rage.

Ryudo felt himself lost staring into the eyes of rage, “Gojira.”

…………
JSDF Headquarters
……….

“Satsuma squad come in.” The man sitting at the radio said, “Please repeat, have you found the submarine?”

“Go...zzzzzla...zzzz” the radio crackled.

“Come again? Please repeat, you are breaking up.”

“God...zzzzzla…”

“What’s going on here?”

The man looked over his shoulder and found his commander standing over him.

“Something is going on with the Satsuma team.” He explained.

He held his hand out signaling he wanted to speak, “Satsuma team this is commander Tachibana. Please report, have you found the submarine?”

The radio was silent briefly before crackling to life. The sound caused Tachibana to take a step back. The screams felt like something from a nightmare.

“Go...zzzza…..God…..zzzzzi….zzzzzla”

The radio continued to crackle, getting everyone to look at it with shocked and horrified faces. The sound of metal hitting metal could be heard. Finally, it went dead leaving Tachibana looking pale. His subordinate continued to try to make contact with the subsuma unit.

“Commander, they're gone.” His subordinate said with shocked eyes.

Murmurs started to erupt from the room. Tachibana was unable to form the proper words to say. He could feel that something was happening, and no was ready for what was about to happen.

“Did you hear what they were saying?” Someone asked.

“It sounded like Godzilla.”

“What’s a Godzilla?”

“Commander, what should we do?”

Tachibana sat down mentally preparing what should be done. He sighed, “Get me the prime minister’s office and find out what ships we have out there and turn them around immediately. If there are any more satsuma that are launch compatible, get them ready.” Tachibana said and the room quickly moved to life at his command.

……….
??????
………

The temple sat in place untouched or sullied by those unworthy. The only light was the descending magma that lined the walls. At the center sat an unmoving stone form. He was the guardian of this temple built by those who brought him his life.

He wished to see them but knew they were long since gone. But the mission they gave him sat in his heart. He hoped he could sleep and never have to awaken to carry it out. That the world would not need him, and he could stay here with his precious memories. Yet he knew that would never happen as he rarely ever got what he wanted. The rage, he could feel it, even from so far away, and he knew it felt him too. Their meeting was inevitable; he knew that. He only didn’t know how it would end. Would he die? Or would he end this cycle of hatred? Those questions lingered in his head, and he couldn’t help but wonder if they lingered in the mind of his creators as well.

In the end it didn’t matter. For he was the guardian, and it was his destiny to fight. He only needed to wait for the one to call out to him and he would come to protect this world once more.