• Published 25th Aug 2021
  • 1,284 Views, 8 Comments

My Little Cozy - cerealkiller78



What would you do if you found a filly Cozy Glow in a box? A re-write of the classic "My Little Dashie" by ROBCakeran53, except with Cozy Glow instead of Rainbow Dash.

  • ...
7
 8
 1,284

Chapter 1

I never did have a very good home life. Drunk dad, addict mom, and I was the kid at school everyone stayed away from. Not because I was a loser, but a bully. Can't really help it, I'm just living my life the way I know it to be at home.

I'm in the tenth grade, and seeing as how my parents don't work, I'm the one who goes to a job after school everyday. It's only part-time, and minimum wage, but it's better than nothing. It keeps me in school for the time being, and pays for our rent... most of the time. If we didn't have such a nice landlady, we would be out on the streets for sure. Many times she has extended the due date for our rent, but I know it can't last forever.

In the little down time I get, I enjoy watching My Little Pony on a small tv I have in my room, though I would never admit it to anybody. It's my little escape from reality. It's also shown me some things that my parents never did, like how to make and be a friend...but it doesn't mean I've actually made any friends because of it.

I've watched My Little Pony since season 6 of Friendship Is Magic. With the series ending, and a new generation of ponies beginning, I'm not sure i'll follow it. I was hooked on generation 4, but i'm so busy these days, I just don't have the time to be following shows that are meant for children anymore.

I'm not sure I really ever was a child. Not in the way that mattered anyway. No getting put to bed by my parents, no goodnight hugs or kisses, no "I love you's", not even any discipline, which most kids would probably be jealous of me for, but I'm the one that envies them. At least they have parents that actually care. But I digress.

I kick a can lying on the sidewalk as I make my way back home from my job at the local burger joint. I still have homework to do, and it's 9:00pm. It's gonna be a long night.

I pass by old buildings that have long since seen better days. My life feels like Marthy from that old Wizard of Odd movie. I'm stuck living in a dreary black and white world. If only I could escape to that colorful world of Equestria...but this is reality. There's no twisters to take you to a better place, no mirror portal to take you to a new world.

I turn a corner, and slow to a stop. In front of me is a cardboard box with holes in it.

box with holes?...Great...it's probably an abandoned puppy. It's not like I can do much to help the little mutt, but my curiosity gets the better of me, and I go to my knees to open the box...and proceed to immediately scramble away at what I see inside.

I must have accidentally taken my mom's drugs or something, because what I just saw in that box cannot be real. It is physically impossible. I did not just see Cozy Glow from My Little Pony in that box.

I slowly go back to the box, and cautiously look inside it again. It's still there...a sleeping Cozy Glow. I can see her chest rising and falling. She looks so peaceful...a sweet little ball of deception.

Even if it were somehow physically possible for her to really be here, I would be best off just leaving her to rot in that box. Everyone who has watched the show knows that this filly is bad news. She could be here to take over our world for all I know.

But it's a lot more likely that I somehow accidentally took my mom's drugs, and now they are giving me a really bad trip, causing me to hallucinate a Cozy Glow in this box, instead of an abandoned puppy. Maybe I would have been suckered into taking an abandoned puppy home...but a Cozy Glow? No thank you. I've already got enough problems in my life.

I get up, and without another glance at the box, I continue walking.
....................................
I end up sleeping in the next morning, having stayed up late doing homework. I rush through my daily morning routine, skipping breakfast, and bolting out the door to make it to school on time. If I'm late once more, I'll get suspended.

I turn a corner, and trip on something, falling harshly to the ground. Cursing loudly, I look back to see what it was that I had fallen over. My blood goes cold.

It's that same blasted box from last night. I knocked it over when I hit it, and a shocked looking Cozy Glow is stumbling around now, looking like she's trying to figure out what just happened. Her eyes suddenly land on me, and she lets out a startled neigh. A really small, filly like one.

I stare at her, not being able to comprehend what I'm seeing. Why am I still seeing Cozy Glow?...and in the same exact place I found her last night. This can't still be drugs can it?...Is it possible that she really is here, right now, in reality?

It would be just my luck to stumble upon a character from My Little Pony...Only for that character to be Cozy Glow...Why do the gods torment me? Out of all the ponies in that show, it just had to be her. Why couldn't it be Rainbow Dash? Or Applejack, or Rarity? Any other pony but this conniving little brat. How is she even here? She was turned to stone in the show. I guess it could be worse though, it could have been Tirek in that box. Although, I'm not all too sure who's more evil...Tirek, or the deceptive little filly in front of me.

I glare at her and point in her direction. "I don't know how you got into this world ya little brat, but I know exactly who you are!" I throw at her harshly.

The devil in disguise looks frightened and shrinks away from me, flapping her wings, but failing to take off.

"Oh, don't you try and play that game with me ya little creep." I advance towards her, and that's when I really get a good look at her and slow to a stop. Somehow, she's...different than she is in the show. In the show, she is a filly...but, she looks even younger right now.

A dark thought suddenly slithers its way into my mind as I survey her...I could sell her...I could sell her to some government lab to be studied and experimented on, and become the richest person in the world. I'd never have to work another day in my life. I wouldn't even need to go to school anymore. Who needs an education when you can afford any and every little thing your heart desires?

But as I look at her, she's not exactly the way she is in the show. Sure, if she was her normal age, and had recollection of everything she did in the past, feeling no remorse, I'd have no problem carting her off to be experimented on. The little brat would deserve it. But...could I really find it in me to do that to a truly helpless filly that is too young to even use her wings yet? Her flank is even devoid of her rook cutiemark, meaning she is indeed very young.

I can't do that...so what do I do? If I leave her here, and someone else finds her, it's most likely that exact scenario will still happen.

A gust of wind picks up, and she shivers.

Sighing, I take off my coat, and bend down to pick the little filly up. She tries to scramble away, but I manage to catch her and wrap her in my coat.

She whinnies, still trying to escape, until the warmth hits her, and she finally begins to calm down, until...well, there's really no other way to put it...she gets cozy.

I can't believe I'm actually taking her home. I turn around to head back the way I came. I'm late already, and as good as suspended anyway. My parents won't care though, whether I go to school or not, and I'm not taking a cartoon pony to school, so I might as well go back home.

Home, with a cartoon pony...what am I getting myself into?