• Published 4th Feb 2022
  • 443 Views, 2 Comments

Grown With A Kiss - reedman



A human is cursed, now every pony wants a piece of him

  • ...
 2
 443

Testing with Twilight

Running from a giant mare was no easy feat. Pete found himself dodging behind buildings constantly. This was much more stressful than the time Twilight tried to capture him. He almost wished to deal with the giant butterfly net again. Rarity was lifting buildings with her magic like it was nothing. Entire houses levitated around him as he ran. If seemed her magic grew with her. He was screwed if she found him.

He received a pair of confused stares as he slammed the doors of the Ponyville Day Spa behind him. He gave a sheepish smile and a wave. “Hi Aloe. Hi Lotus.” he said. “Rarity’s hunting me down. Can I hide out for a few minutes until the coast’s clear?”

“Why in the world would Rarity be hunting you?” Aloe asked.

“Aw sweetie.” Lotus said. “Did you burn a dress again?”

“It was one time!” Pete said. “Also, no. She’s...umm...different right now.”

Before they could ask more questions, the ground shook once more. He ran behind the counter where they were. The voice reverberated through their ears.

“Peter dear.” Rarity said. “I would hate to have to levitate my favorite spa to remove you. Please come out.”

Aloe and Lotus looked at each other, then him. Aloe points to a hallway. “There’s a backdoor.” she says. He runs out as he says his thanks. The twins shake their heads as they go to try and talk to Rarity.

***

Twilight happily sipped her morning tea as she reread one of her favorite Sharp Write novels. For once, she had no plans today. Her friends had been trying to convince her to take a day off from everything. No ancient books to research. No spells to practice. Not even a single errand to run. It was a day to unwind. They were right. This was calming. Even Spike was relaxed as well. No interruptions could ruin her unofficial day off.

Well, the shouting at the door was about to be a strong contender.

“Twilight!” Pete shouted as he banged on the door. “It’s Pete! It’s an emergency!”

She barely got to the door when it swung open. Equestria’s only human practically dove inside and slammed the door behind him. He was cowering. He was almost laying down he looked so terrified. He usually tended to avoid her. He never really got over her attempts to retrieve him in a net. The fact he came to her looking like this. It wasn’t good.

“Rarity!” he gasped. “Inventory! Dress! Kiss! Giant! More kiss!”

“Pete.” she said. “Take a moment to breathe. Tell me what’s going on.”

“Yeah.” Spike said walking up with a pout. “What’s this about you and Rarity kissing?”

Before he could answer, rhythmic rumbling was heard and felt. The human’s eyes went wide with fear, and he clambered to cower behind Twilight. Whatever was causing all that rumbling, it had him scared. “She’s coming.” he said.

***

Walking through Ponyville at this size was a bit of a challenge. Rarity found herself taking the daintiest of steps. Even then, she could see the world around her shake. The stares from onlookers made her regret not having a dress for this size. A perfect marketing opportunity wasted. It was an issue she could tackle later. For now, she needed to find Peter. Her two-legged ticket to super stardom. She lost him when he hid inside the Ponyville Day Spa and snuck out a backdoor. Aloe and Lotus tried to lie at first, but it seems the unicorn’s new size was fairly intimidating.

She wondered if Twilight could help. A visit to the tree home of her friend was in order.

***

After a few minutes of panicking, Twilight had calmed Pete down. He sipped on some tea as he relaxed a little. She was the last pony he would go to for help normally. Given their first meeting was her trying to capture him with a butterfly net. Chased him from Sweet Apple Acres to the Carousel Boutique. She still never gave him his shirt back. None of that mattered. Something was up with Rarity. He needed her.

“So you’re telling me Rarity’s a giant now?” Twilight asked.

“Yes.” Pete said. “We kissed a few times and now she’s as big your tree.” It was not a fun explanation to give. Especially in Spike’s presence. He was quite grumpy when kissing was mentioned.

“Fascinating.” she said. “I thought you said you had no magic. How did you make her grow?”

“I’m not a magic user Twilight.” he said. “I don’t know. All I do know is that she got bigger when we kissed.”

“Why did she even kiss you?” Spike asked.

“Excellent question Spike.” Twilight said. “Rarity’s never one to be unprofessional.”

“I’m not sure.” Pete said “Maybe it’s the stress of the party Hoity Toity’s hosting. She’s never acted like this before.” Before their conversation could continue, a booming voice cut them off.

“Twilight Dear?” the voice thundered. “Could you come outside for a moment?” Twilight looked at a nervous Pete for a moment before walking towards the door. When she opened the door, all she saw was white. It took her a moment to realize they were legs before slowly looking up.

“R-Rarity?” Twilight stammered. “You’re massive!” Her shock was cut off when Rarity tapped her hooves out of excitement, which caused the ground to shake.

“Isn’t it wonderful darling?” Rarity asked. “If I get a dress made at this size, ponies from all over will see my work! Now on a completely unrelated note: have you seen Peter? He left work suddenly, and I can’t find him.”

“Well…” Twilight said. “You see...”

***

“Alright.” Pete said. “I think I should go out the back door.”

“We don’t have a back door.” Spike grumbled.

“Listen Spike.” the nervous human said. “I don’t know what’s happening to me. All I know is that Rarity got bigger after kissing me, and she wants to kiss me more. Twilight is not my favorite pony, but she’s the only one smart enough to figure this out. We have to get Rarity out of here. I just need to figure out how.”

***

It seemed this size had a strong factor of intimidation that even unicorns were scared of. Twilight Sparkle. Her best friend and resident genius. Quivering at the sight of Rarity. She’d be lying if she said this new stature was boring. The ponies who saw her were too shocked to say a word. Those she spoke to acted with a level of respect that was normally reserved for a princess. She gave a soft smile to her comparatively small friend.

“Where is my Peter?” she asked.

***

“I can’t believe that worked.” Pete said.

“There’s no way that should’ve worked.” Twilight said.

“For the record.” he said. “I’m counting this as his birthday present.”

Spike definitely took one for the team. Wearing Pete’s shirt and pretending to be him under a disguise spell was a brilliant move made out of desperation. His acting skill were superb. Rarity bought it and had left. Now he had a moment to breathe. He sat down in a seat across from Twilight. Before they could get down to brass tacks, he had one thing he had to take care of first.

“Can I get my shirt back?” he asked. “I’d rather not be shirtless all day.”

Twilight pouted for a bit before her horn would glow. “Fine.” she said as the shirt appeared in his lap.

Right as Pete was about to put his old shirt on, he stopped. He looked over the dark blue shirt. It had small strands of fur. Bright purple fur. It was covered in them. A light sniff of the shirt gave off a mix of lavender and pony body odor.

“Have you been sleeping in this?” he asked. Twilight’s cheeks went bright red.

“No!” she responded. “Well...yes. It was an experiment in the potential comfort of wearing the clothes of another species while sleeping.”

“For three years?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.

“...It was a long term experiment?” she said with an attempt an an innocent smile.

Pete gave a heavy sigh before giving the shirt a good shake. He pulled the shirt on. It slightly itchy, but he dealt with it. There was no way he was gonna stay shirtless. He already knew what was gonna happen. Twilight was getting her quill, ink, and paper. He got his tea and settled in.

This was gonna take a little bit of time.

***

Twilight tried her best to keep her composure. On the inside however, she was practically screaming with delight. Pete had magic now! Not just any magic, growth magic! It was unlike anything she had ever seen before. Why would the dangerous draconequus Discord give such power to him? What were the limits of this new ability? Could he grow anything with a kiss? So many questions brewed in the unicorn’s mind as she wrote her notes. For a moment, her eyes glanced towards the Sharp Write novel she had been rereading today. The Experimental Human. It was interesting to think of how the book’s events were similar to the events taking place now.

Her mind wandered a little as she thought herself in the same position as Professor Gemstone. A genius of a unicorn mare and the neighborhood human she secretly loved. A human that suddenly gained magic with nopony to turn to for guidance. Nopony, but the one he trusted most. The mare that would experiment on the human to learn about his newfound magic. Experiments that slowly became moments of romance.

Twilight knew if she could understand this magical ability given to Pete, it could change her life. Scientific superstardom. The pony that cracked the code on growth magic. The geniuses of the world shouting her name to the sky in praise. Perhaps shouting up to her literally while she experiments on the effects of long-term growth.

“Twilight?” Pete asked. Twilight snapped out of her daydream. The human had finished his retelling of the morning’s events. She shook her head.

“Sorry Pete.” she said. “I was thinking and my mind wandered off.”

“What were you thinking about?” the human asked. The purple unicorn knew she couldn’t tell him her plans outright. Their relationship was rough already. This was the first time Pete felt safe around her. If she was going to do this, she needed to be calm. Her approach needed to be enough to convince him to stay. She remembered a page from The Experimental Human.

“Pete.” Twilight said as she put her notes down and walked towards him. “I know we have a rough history, but you have the rarest of opportunities right now. Not only are you the first human to have magic of some kind. You are in the home of one of the few ponies that can help you. Let me run some tests on you. If we learn what your magic can do, we can control it.” She put her right foreleg on his left knee. She looked deep into his brown eyes. “Can you trust me to do this?”

***

Pete was focusing on his deep breathing. He wasn’t sure why he immediately said yes to Twilight running tests on him. Perhaps because she wasn’t wrong with what she said. The two didn’t have the best history. Yet, one couldn’t deny that she was smart. If any of the ponies in Equestria could figure out what was happening to him, it was her.

So here he was, sitting on the floor in the middle of the house while Twilight cleared out the space. ‘Just in case’ she told him. He wasn’t worried about her becoming a giant and breaking her own stuff. He was more worried about this becoming a repeat of the incident with Rarity. The mare trotted up to him with a grin on her face. A measuring tape was sat on the floor next to him. “Ready?” she asked.

“Ready as I’ll ever be.” he said. He knew what her idea of testing was going to be. He wasn’t looking forward to it. “I’m just gonna say this now Twilight. If you get that butterfly net look in your eye, I’m outta here.”

Twilight chuckled. “Three years is more than enough time to mature past such habits Pete.” she said closing the distance between them. His sitting position put him at eye-level with her neck. “Our tests will be simple. First, you’ll kiss me, and we’ll measure my height. Then, I’ll kiss you, and we’ll measure my height. This is to determine if your newfound ability depends on who initializes the kiss.”

“That’s...actually a good plan.” Pete said. “Though I feel I should remind you how rapidly Rarity went from my prim and proper boss, to crazy after a couple kisses.”

“Rarity is one of my best friends.” she said as she began to lower her head. “However, she isn’t equipped to handle magic like this. Now, let the test begin.”

The human still had plenty of concerns. He knew they would fall on deaf ears. A part of him knew it was a bad idea. His choices at the moment were non-existent. The unicorn had closed her eyes and pursed her lips. He took one last deep breath.

“Alright.” Pete he said. “Test one. Pete the human kissing Twilight Sparkle the unicorn mare.” He thought saying something semi-scientific would help him. Taking her in his arms, he cradled the unicorn’s head. He closed his eyes as he brought his lips to hers. He pushed and pulled his lips. He kept them soft as he worked over hers. She however, was showing her inexperience. She kept her lips pursed and stiff. It reminded him of his first kiss back on Earth. His then girlfriend was much more experienced than he was. After a minute or so, he pulled back and opened his eyes. Twilight blinked a few times, cheeks red as apples. She was a bit dazed.

He wouldn’t ask her, as he’d been there before. Kind of embarrassing to admit when a kiss is your first. He stood up and grabbed the measuring tape. He checked her height from hoof to horn. Though at first glance, she looked the same size. Possible good news. “I don’t see any change.” he said. That was enough to snap her out of her daze. She shook her head a bit before getting back into focus. She grabbed the measuring tape with her magic and double checked.

“Fascinating.” she said writing down some notes. “Was Rarity the one initializing every kiss?”

“Yes.” Pete said. “First time was an accident. Second time she used her magic to pull me in. Third and fourth time she pretty much overwhelmed me.” Despite the awkward moment they just shared, he was relieved. He had a way to somewhat control it now. “Now we know how it works.”

“Not so fast Pete.” Twilight said. “The kisses were Rarity grew, she physically overwhelmed you. We don’t know if the growth is triggered by who’s kissing on top, or if somepony has to kiss you first. We still have the other half of the test to determine that.”

“You mean the half where you get to live out a page from a Sharp Write novel?” he asked. She looked at him with an embarrassed pout. He shook his head before sitting back down. “Before we start, at least let me give you some pointers to make this slightly less awkward for the both of us.”

***

Rarity huffed as she put a hazy Spike back on the ground. Tricked. She was tricked! Why would Twilight make a foal out of her? Though she was more upset with herself for falling for something so simple. Pete suddenly becoming so eager to kiss while in Spike’s form? She should’ve seen it earlier.

No matter. It was a relatively short walk back. Her ticket to fame would be hers once more.

***

Twilight could barely describe the sensation of growing. The tingling feeling emanating from Pete’s slowly diminishing lips. Her body being stretched and pulled in all directions. The human’s body getting comparatively smaller between her forelegs. She pulled back to take a break and check her height. Her human test subject was catching his breath. Slow, deep heaves.

“Jeez Twilight.” he said. “Felt like you sucked the air out of my lungs.” She chuckled as she released him from her grasp. She noted down how rapidly her physical strength had scaled up.

“Noted.” she said as she looked at her now pitifully small measuring tape. “How big do I look Pete?” He craned his neck a minor amount to look up at her.

“About half Rarity’s height.” he said as he shook his head. “Now that your little experiment’s done, can we go talk some sense into my giant boss? I really don’t want to relive my first day in Equestria running and hiding from everypony.” Before Twilight could come up with an excuse to continue the experiment, a familiar voice could be heard. Though it didn’t boom as much as before to her.

“Twilight dear? It’s Rarity.” the white unicorn said. “Could you come outside?”

***

The flash of purple light caught Rarity off guard. It looked like Twilight’s teleportation spell. Looking down revealed it indeed was her friend. It took the giant mare a moment before she realized what was going on.

“Twilight!” Rarity gasped. “You’re bigger!” Her fellow unicorn had grown in size, just like she did. Though not as big. The difference in size was similar to herself and her little sister. Had she figured out Peter’s talent? She was certainly smart enough.

“Isn’t this exciting?” Twilight asked. “With Pete’s growth magic, the possibilities are endless!” This wasn’t good. Her chance at being the biggest name in fashion was being taken buy her friend. In the name of science.

“I’m happy for you dear.” she said. “Could you perhaps return my employee now? I have to prepare for Hoity Toity’s party tonight and I need him.” She hoped her size would still intimidate the purple mare. Unfortunately, kissing Peter seemed to grow her confidence.

“Sorry Rarity.” Twilight said. “I need to finish my experiments. If anything, I need to keep him. You’re the reason he ran to me in the first place anyways. You scared him so much he came to ME of all ponies for help.”

“Oh don’t foal yourself.” Rarity said. The giant mare and half-as-giant mare began to argue over who got to keep the human. One wanted her ticket to fame. The other wanted to continue her thinly-veiled experiments. Both failed to notice a human climbing out a back window and sprinting away from them.

***

Pete took a moment to catch his breath on a bench. The next train to Canterlot would be arriving in fifteen minutes. He just had to hide until then. That’s if the two giant unicorns didn’t levitate the entire train to look for him. There was no other way up the mountain. He was not a mountain climber. Though with his new power, maybe he could find a pegasus to grow and give him a ride.

The blue pegasus sneaking up behind him was certainly a candidate.