• Published 22nd Dec 2011
  • 862 Views, 1 Comments

The Swifting Story - SwiftyKaz



Follow the past of Swifty Kick as he learns that his rage become his own weapon.

  • ...
 1
 862

Chapter 2: The First Day

A blinding light appeared in the palace halls in Canterlot, and then something came out from that light, a white solar alicorn who went by the name of Priness Celestia. She takes a step out of the way as something else came out from the light, a black and red stallion who went by the name of Swifty Kick.

After the light disappears behind him, Swifty took a look around at the scenery he was placed in. The Royal Palace Halls, with walls thats were like ruins, and floors polished that shined like a diamond-cresed ring at an jewelry shop. Swifty was in excitement that he was in the Royal Palace.

Only ponies that had official business with the Princesses or Royal Guards were allowed in the Palace. The white alicorn chuckled at the face of the black stallion as he looked like he saw a famous pony. Celestia took this time to speak, "I can see that you like the look at my palace."

Swifty broke from his trance and turns to the princess and responded"This place is marvalous your Highness, this is truly a one-of-an-kind place to watch at night on top of the hill" Celestia looked at him after his statement and suggested
"I guess it is a nice view to look at, but we can talk about it after you present yourself to the Royal Guards. The sun is at dusk so you still have some time left of the day."

Swifty, in delight that he would get to meet his heroes when he was a colt, followed the princess to the training room. As he walked around the palace with the princess, he began to think about his brother 'Shadow would love to come here, he would find a nice, quiet room and lay down on the bed as well as listen to his music. I'm sure that he will be fine without me, he's a fighter so he can manage without me.'

Without realising, when Swifty's thought disppeared, they were already at the training room. He took this moment to see the Royal Guards training young recruits in different sections such as self defense, weapons training, sparring and hand-to-hand training. He never thought that it would this much awesome, and to say that he would be doing this for a whole year. He never got this excited before, and this would show why.

The princess laughed at his amazement and told the black stallion "I could watch you being trained here, but I'm afraid I have other business to attend to, I suggest you talk to the captain to start your training, I hope your first day goes well for you." and smiled after finishing speaking. Swifty returns the smiles and responded back to Celestia "I understand Princess, I hope the same goes for you". The princess then procceded to cast a spell and teleported away.

Swifty quickly troted to the captain to get signed up, when he saw a green earth pony being surrounded by other earth ponies. Swifty thought that this pony was gonna get it, but as it turns out, the green pony smashed his front hooves to the ground, causing the other earth ponies to fall to the ground. The green pony slowly troted to the others and they quickly got up and ran away.

Swifty, after that display of performance, gets to the captain who was facing away from Swifty. He asked the captain "Is this where I sign up for the Royal Guards?". The captain quickly turned around to face the black stallion and studied him hard. The captain then prepared to speak up, but then a royal guard comes up to the captain and whispers something in his ear. After he was finished, the captain dismissed the guard and begins to speak

"I've just been told that by order of the princess, you are to start training immediently. Is that true son?" The captain had a old, rough voice which made Swifty think that the captain have been in the Royal Guard for many decades. The black stallion gave a quick nod to the captain, which made him speak out again.

"Well son, you must know this isnt easy for someone like you, especially being trained for a full year. You must show full commitment and determination in order to succeed. Are you sure you want to do this son?" Swifty, with a fire in his heart
which showed that this is his chance to fulfill his dream, answered back to the captain "Yes I am sir, lets do this".

The captain looks at him again and says "Very well, before you train with us, you must show us your strength and your skill" he then pointed to the green pony and says "You must fight against him in the ring for 5 minutes, and if you can manage to stand your ground, it will prove that you are capable of defending yourself."

Swifty at first expressed a face of worry, but then it faded to a face of a confident, brave warrior. The black stallion said nothing more to the captain and walked to the ring, acknowledging to the captain that he will face the test. Swifty entered the ring, walks to the green pony so they meet face-to-face. The green pony was bigger and stronger than Swifty and had a cutie mark of a tensed fist raised up like what a rebel army would have.

The green pony stood on his two legs, raised his foreleg back and was about to knock out the black stallion. However he blocked the oncoming punch, grabbed the hoove, putted it behind him like he was being restrained and kicked one of his legs that kept him standing whilst taking his own foreleg and wrapped it around the green pony's neck in a sleeper hold. Swifty dragged the green pony down to the ground, he let go of the green pony's foreleg that he restrained and proceded to hit him in the head, putting the tough green pony down.

All that happened in a matter of seconds, everyone was shocked that a newcomer who had some experience had defeated
a tough strong pony who spent some years in the Royal Guard. The captain gasped and was shocked aswell, noone had been able to defeat the green pony before. Swifty left the ring to the captain, and he could tell that he was surprised at him. Swifty grinned to himself and walked to the line of ponies that have passed the test. The captain regained his senses and walked to the ponies, prepared to give them a speech to the new recruits.

"Mares and stallions, you have all gone through a face of fear and also prevailed. You have all passed the test to join the society and ponies that are the Royal Guard. However, what you have faced was only a part of what the true fear is in Equestria. We can make you become the ponies that can rise up to face this fear and push it back out of Equestria forever!!"

All the ponies cheered when he finished his speech, nevertheless the captain carried on "You will all be bunked on this floor in the palace. You are allowed out of the palace, but never beyond Canterlot. Now report to your assigned rooms I'll be giving you on this piece of paper and and give yourself a good nights rest. Training starts tomorrow at 0600 hours, dismissed!!" All the ponies then walked to the captain and collected a piece of paper each which shows that ponies name and what room number they stay at. When Swifty went to collect his piece of paper, the captain glares at the black stallion hard, which made Swifty feel uncomfortable but Swifty dismisses it and walked away.

Before he left the training room, he walked over to the green pony that was still on the floor and helped him back up. The green pony looked at Swifty in confusion, but the black stallion ignored it and began to talk to the green pony "Hey there, you okay? You took quite a hit, I guess I didnt realise how hard I hit. Sorry about that." The green pony was surprised at him as his first thought was that he was back to finish him off, but he denied the thought and listened further, "I saw what you did to those group of ponies, and it was awesome. I have never seen such strength before. Oh, I almost forgot to ask, what's your name?" The green pony was nervous as no-pony had asked for his name before, so he looked at the black stallion and said "My name... is Hard Punch. I only got this name from my parents because I hit things hard with my hooves. That also got me my cutie mark."

Swifty was intrigued with Hard Punch's story and carried on listening "My parents decided to abandon me when I hit too much things,so I had to live on the streets to survive which was the coldest years of my colthood. When I grew into a stallion, I knew I was old enough to join the Royal Guard. They took me in, I passed my initiation and got accepted as a member of the Royal Guard. Over the past year things were getting easier for me because I had somewhere to live. But that was only the good part of it. Due to my brute strength I had not been able to make any friends. I worry myself that noone would accept me as a fellow friend"

Swifty could tell that Hard Punch sounded sad and upset and he felt bad for him. No-pony should be living their lives without anyone to be there for them. The black stallion, with a smile on his face, put his hoove around Hard Punch's shoulder and said to him "I know how you feel as I had hardly anyone else to talk to after my parents died and I could do with a friend like you. I'll be your friend if you want me to."

Hard Punch was so excited to have somepony be his friend, that he gave Swifty a death-gripping but a very-happily hug. Swifty, struggled to breath only gasped out "I'll..take that...as a...yes. You...can let go...now." Hard Punch released his grip from Swifty but was still happy. Swifty managed to get up from the ground after the hug and said to the green pony "Well, I've got to go to bed now. So I'll see you here tomorrow and together, me and you can be partners." Swifty walked towards the exit and waved to Hard Punch, who was waving back, and he was out of the training room.

He walked toward his room down a long hallway, passing by some rooms along the way. He managed to find his room number and he opens the door to find in his room in a perfect state. His room had a king-sized bed, a desk fitted onto the wall with a mirror on it, some drawers, a bathroom that had a toilet that has a fitted toilet roll next to it and a shower with some towels. The room it self was quite small as it probably was intended to be used for one pony only.

Swifty jumped onto the bed and layed down to get some sleep. He was disturbed from his sleep later on as it was the middle of night and he heard knocking on the door. He got up from his bed and walked to the door, seeing who disturbed his sleep. He opens the door to see one of the maids with a saddlepack on her back. She dropped the saddlepack onto the floor near Swifty and said "Forgive me for interupting your sleep but somepony wanted to send you this."

He looked at the saddlepack and thought to himself 'It was probably Shadow wanted to send my stuff. Having said that I never got the chance to pack anyway. Nice of him to send it me though.' He thanked the maid and brought the saddlepack into his room whilst locking the door. He decided to unpack it in the morning as he was to tired to do anything else.

He jumped back into bed and fell into a deep sleep.

A/N:I've managed to make this chapter look better by adding bold and italic text into it. Hope you guys like it.
I'll probably upload the next chapter in a few days, probably on Tuesday or Wednesday. Don't forgot to R&R.