• Published 20th Jul 2021
  • 1,053 Views, 9 Comments

Fifty Bits of TwiLuna - Space_Kase



Fifty randomized words, fifty bitty stories, all about Princess Luna and Princess Twilight Sparkle being in love.

  • ...
1
 9
 1,053

Deficit

"It's...uh…"

Twilight bit back a smile. She knew what it was like, searching for words that were honest without being rude. It was a skill she'd had plenty of practice developing since her rise to royalty, and Luna had been using it centuries before Twilight had even been born. "I know, Luna."

Even acknowledging what living in palaces must have done for the princesses' standards of living, the cabin was a wreck. There really was no two ways about it; there was only bits of glass in the frames of the windows and the wallpaper had begun peeling from the wooden walls probably decades ago. A thick layer of dirt and grim coated everything within; the sunlight shining through a hole in the shabby roof illuminated hundreds of dust particles floating lazily through the air.

"It is quite the...how do you say it? The 'Fixer-upper?'"

Twilight giggled. Luna had come a long way from the fish out of water she'd been her first Nightmare Night back in Ponyville; she'd taken to modern phrases and slang like a newly-hatched sea serpent to water. "Exactly."

Absently, Twilight heard the sound of tiny claws skittering on the wooden planks that made up the cabin's floor, many of which felt quite loose beneath her hooves. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Luna startle, lifting up a foreleg and staring wide-eyed to her right. Twilight wasn't quite certain what it was that had scurried past them, and she didn't want to waste time worrying about it. At this point in her life, she'd been the Princess of Friendship for two years; she'd faced much more frightening, dangerous threats, before.

"So, er...exactly how much did you spend on this place, Dearheart?"

"Please; Dearheart Velvet was my great aunt. Call me Twilight!" Twilight didn't have to look at Luna to know that her fillyfriend had just rolled her eyes. After all, she'd heard that stupid joke no fewer than twenty-five times in the time they'd become an item. Even so, Twilight's pricked ears could pick out the sound of Luna's heart rate slowing, so that stupid joke must have done something to lighten the air and help her calm down. "Would you believe I only spent one thousand and two hundred fifty bits for this place?"

"Honestly? Yes. Even more honestly, I think you spent too much for it." Luna frowned at one of the upper corners of the small building. Squinting, Twilight could make out glimmering silver threads. She shuddered; though she'd braved so much in her short life, she still didn't care much for creepy-crawlies like spiders or snakes. She made a mental note to contact Fluttershy as soon as she could; perhaps her animal sanctuary would have the extra room.

She forced a smile upon her face, determined to make Luna see the bright side of this whole thing. "Even if it's not much, it's ours. I bought it for us."

Luna's ears flicked forward, her aqua eyes widening in understanding. "For...us?" she repeated, voice soft.

Twilight nodded. "Just for us. A place we can get away from being princesses and heroes; a place far away." Twilight nudged Luna's nose with her own. "Not for long; just when we need a break for a day or two. Together."

"Oh, Twilight..." Luna took their closeness as an opportunity to kiss her, hard and deep. Twilight's eyelids fluttered shut, temporarily lost in the bliss of it all.

It came to a crashing halt when something flew by her head, shrieking its little head off. With a squeak, she stumbled forward, discovering that it was, in fact, possible to accidentally hug another pony.
"We will get to fix it up and decorate it, though, right?"

Heart still pounding in her ears, Twilight laughed against Luna's withers. "Well, yes; obviously. That was actually what appealed to me most about it." Ponyville's palace of friendship had come pre-decorated; Twilight had only had to make a few adjustments there, with the generous help of her friends. Luna and Celestia's castle in Canterlot was older than the two of them; its very walls practically had all its history written right there on them. And the Castle of the Two Sisters was, unfortunately, a ruin of its former self. But this place could be an equal balance between her and Luna; all theirs, every little bit.

Just as soon as the pests were cleared out.

Author's Note:

To the three people who've already commented...thank you all! As I said before, I'm getting used to uploading here; ordinarily AO3 is my primary fanfic-uploading platform, so I'm still getting used to how THIS site works. You've been very helpful!