• Published 8th Sep 2012
  • 872 Views, 22 Comments

The Other Life - Illuminate Sparkle



Cecilio lived his life in disconsolate which are the basis for the beginning of his journey.

  • ...
2
 22
 872

Chapter 5: Insight

The window suddenly explodes, thousands of pieces of glass flying across the room. The sound, the nippy summer breeze and two voices, raises Cecilio and Pinkie Pie instantly. Drowsy, confused and scared of the action squinted them towards the destroyed window. It's hard to see in the dark but two shadows emerges.One of them larger than the other. The smaller shadow points his right finger towards Pinkie Pie. A sudden light discharges as a projectile towards her and explodes. The whole room illuminates by the light and dazzles the humans vision for a few seconds. When his eyes finally is accustomed to the brightness are the intruders finally revealed.

"So, this is "until the next time" huh?" Cecilio ask in frustration while he sits up in the bed. "Pinkie, run away, they are after me."

No answer, only silence.

"Pinkie..?"

Two empty eyes looks in front of her while her disheveled mane hides her abandoned face, while a red color devours the pink quilt. Cecilio quickly throw the quilt to the floor and sees before him -

Blood dripping.

Blood flooding, dripping on the floor.

Blood creating a sea due to a fleshy wound from her stomach.

"PINKIE!!!" Cecilio screams while trying to seal her stomach with his bare hands.

Continuous it streams between his fingers. His body trembles without any logical control and he witnesses what was not supposed to happen. Tears, white pure tears leaves his eyes while he lays his head into Pinkie Pie. The smell of iron makes him almost vomit while feeling how her body heat slowly passes out. Cecilio's fingers slowly drills towards her mane while he can barely see because of the tears.

A sudden small chuckle awaken Cecilio who barely looks behind him.

The boy's mouth transforming into a deformed happy face, continuing his chuckle louder and louder into it changes completely into a hysterical scream. With a deep sigh ends the screaming and two black unfilled eyes looks hungry towards Cecilio.

"Everything has its price, now its your turn to pay for it" the boy whispers while the left finger points towards Cecilio.

A large mass of shadows overwhelms Cecilio who's being lifted up to the ceiling at the same time as his legs and arms are stretched by even more shadows. While floating in the air, the shadows also slowly bends his arms and legs. A voice filled with torment yells and begs - to no avail. When his limbs finally reaches its limit the sound of broken bones cuts through the room. A roar louder than everything from before only rises the adrenaline from the little boy.

"AND NOW WILL I SHOW YOU THE TRUTH OF YOUR PAST" the boy continues.

Other shadows suddenly finds Pinkie Pie's body while bringing her down to the floor. Her front legs binded by shadows while her back legs barely touching the floor. Cecilio also got lowered to the floor, his legs barely touching the floor, while only his arms are controlled by the shadows. A bizarre show starts. Like puppets is he and her controlled by the shadows, jumping around, dancing, together.

"Stop this..." Cecilio whimper.

While the puppet master ignores his words.

"STOP THIS, STOP EVERYTHING!"

The scream explodes. The puppet master and the spectator disappears while the room changes back to its former self. The blood, the broken window are no more while Pinkie Pie is asleep while embracing a pillow. Cecilio is standing up, in the middle of the room cold sweating. He stares half awake at Pinkie Pie and smiles. In peace that she didn't awakened yet again of his dreams.

******

Pinkie Pie woke up with a big yawn while her eyes rolled up to the strong sunshine. "What a beautiful day" she whispered while jumping out of the bead. Outside she could see birds flying in the blue sky and the yellow flowers that delicately swayed in the wind. She was about to run downstairs and prepare some breakfast for Cecilio when she noticed the crumbled paper on the bed. She grabbed it while reading quickly through.

Another day you are going to spend with Twilight, eh?

Pinkie Pie snuggled down in bed again and stared up at the white ceiling. Farther to the ceiling you could still see the pink marks.

She giggled a little while pictures jumped around in her head.

Wow, not even when I'm just laying on my bed can I stop thinking about you. It's so weird to think about but, how would my life have been if he had never come here? I would still have my friends, parties and exciting adventure but not a friend who understands me. That's what I wished for that night, and then he came! Think how much fun we have had, every day a new day filled with joy. Especially the cider - festival day when you bragged about how you were going to beat everyone, even Big Macintosh. Well, at least you did have a great time even though you were bad, days afterwards. Weird, Cheerliee handled it so well... Speaking about her, she also gave you a kiss on the chin...

Even at this moment. Several weeks later and the fact that Cheerilee had said sorry to Cecilio about that incident, the very thought about it hurt Pinkie Pie.

Why am I still thinking about it? Am I jealous?

Pinkie Pie quickly shook her head while trying to think about something else.

I will never forget that time when I was alone, crying, outside the clocktower. It rarely happened and was the first time since you arrived. I was thinking about my family, them who never had time to listen to me. Ponies who in general never asked to be with me, except if I invited them to a party or if the mane six had to go on a quest. Well, I love my closest friends Rainbow Dash, Twilight, Fluttershy, Applejack and Rarity but... even they often only treat me as a random joke. I don't blame them though. Sometimes, it's just easier to play so random and happy than to reveal your true feelings. Sometimes it's just so much easier to be somepony else than yourself... I remember I had cried a lot, that night, until a warm hand touched my head. You said you wanted to listen to my grief, wanted to understand me and most importantly: "show your true self for me." Since that day have I never cried again.

Even now, when just thinking about it, Pinkie Pie's eyes got wet.

So why can't you show your true self towards me? I know you are hiding something, I've talked to Twilight. She said it had something to do with your past and your wish that nopony would get hurt from it. I still don't understand. I thought that, when you loved somepony you would tell...her...everything. The only answer Twilight had for that was "Sometimes it's the opposite - he want's you to live a normal life without knowing anything, because he loves you".

That's why, I've forgiven you for lying to me that time you said you forgot your gem at Twilight's house.

That's why I have continuing to spread happiness when I'm with you.

Because...

I love you...

Tears were shed from Pinkie Pie, while she was lost, in her own memories.

******

During another afternoon in the peaceful village of Ponyville walked a certain man towards the Sugarcube Corner. During the whole day had he practiced and honed various spells. The body was heavy and his legs were shaking from fatigue while he sleepily were heading to Pinkie Pie. A sting of conscience ached inside him. That's why Cecilio had roses with him, that's why he was so nervous.

"Don't you get it? She loves you!" Twilight had almost screamed towards him.

I know we are friends but actually love, me?

First was he almost a little scared of the thought but that quickly turned into a warmer feeling he never felt before. The pony, Cecilio liked most was obviously Pinkie Pie. For the first time of his life understood he, what this warm feeling inside him truly was:

Love.

When he finally was outside the door it almost hurt a little inside him of happy nervousness.

He opened the door and -

to his surprise he found a note, instead of a happy Pinkie Pie.

"Oh... A surprise party at the clocktower?" Cecilio read slowly to himself.

It was beyond him how that party could be a surprise party for him when she already had told him but - "That's my beloved Pinkie Pie" he said with a cozy voice.

The human began his journey while walking through Ponyville. He obviously met happy friendly ponies, as usual but today was he the happiest being alive. When he had arrived outside the city, he could already see the tower and something pink!

Pinkie Pie...

He began to run.

I'm sorry, finally, can I tell you how I feel.

Faster, even faster.

I will ignore all my research about my past. Throw it away. If only, I can live with you.

His eyes opened even more when he saw Pinkie Pie.

Laying on the grass.

With marks over her beautiful body.

Bloody.

While the little boy had one of his foot on top of her head.

"Surprise..." he said.

With a smile.