• Published 8th Sep 2012
  • 863 Views, 14 Comments

Breaking The Mold - Bladecaster



When something goes wrong, Twilight and her friends are left as the new leaders of Equestria.

  • ...
2
 14
 863

Arrival

Chapter 2: Arrival

"Twiley. Wake up. We're here." said Shining Armor.

"...nngggghh... Wha..?" replied Twilight, still half asleep.

"We're in Canterlot. I suggest you and your friends make yourselves a little presentable."

"Oh. Right... Girls! We're here."

"10 more minutes, okay?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Every single time... Pinkie, could you wake up Rainbow for me?"

"Okie dokie loki!" said Pinkie Pie.

"I'M UP! I'M UP!" screamed Rainbow Dash before Pinkie ever got to her.

"Wow! I'm good!" stated Pinkie. Twilight just rolled her eyes.

"Does anyone have a mirror with them? I need to make sure my mane looks good." asked Rarity.

"There should be on in the space under your seat in the green box." replied Shining Armor.

A scream came from the carriage.

"What's going on? Is everything ok?" asked Shining Armor worriedly.

"My mane! It's all frizzy!" cried Rarity.

"Oh. Ok." said Armor.

The rest of the girls were up after that.

"Ah take it we're close to Canterlot?" asked Applejack.

"Yup. Make yourselves presentable. We're ...royalty... now..." stated Twilight. As she finished saying royalty, she began to stare off into the distance.

"Lighten up sugarcube. It wasn't your fault. I'll bet Celestia is right proud of you for doing what you did."

"I know, but what if she's not? What is she decides to banish me to the moon? Or locks me in a dungeon? Or locks me in a dungeon on the moon?" said Twilight.

"You're soundin' like someone else ah know. Celestia's been right understandin' before, and ah'm sure she won't bainsh you or lock you in a dungeon. She might lock you in the library, but that's not much of a punishment for ya."

"You're right. Thanks AJ."

"Anytime sugarcube."

With a lurch, the carriage began to decend.

/)^3^(\

"Alright. Everybody out!" said Shining Armor.

"Thank goodness! I need to stretch my legs! said pinkie as she bounced out.

"Legs shmegs! My wings are gonna get weak from that ride!" exclaimed Rainbow Dash as she flexed her wings.

"Remember girls. We're royalty now. We should act as such." stated Rarity.

"I know, I know."

"First things first. We need to get you to your rooms. If I'm not mistaken, all of your belongings should already be there." stated Shining Armor.

"Ok girls, lets go. Hey AJ, do you mind if you look over my room to make sure everything's there? I'm going to go to the library and start working on a way to fix this." asked Twilight.

"Sure thing," replied Applejack "though seeing as this is also mah fault, I was wonderin' if I might be able to join ya."

"Of course you may. You know where the Royal Library is, right?"

"Sure do."

"Alright. See you then. Bye girls!"

And with that, Twilight's mind focused solely on her task at hand.

A few minutes later, she was in the Royal Library.

"Where do I even start?" she said to herself.

"Well it depends on what you're looking for." said a gruff voice behind her.

Twilight spun around and stared straight into the face of her favorite librarian, a unicorn by the name of Spell Tome. He was a parchment-colored unicorn, with a quill as a cutie mark.

"So what can I help you find miss Sparkle?"

"Uhhhh... " Twilight stammered, not wanting to let out too much information.

"Heh heh heh. This is the first time I think I've ever seen you not sure what you needed in the library."

"Heh.. Yeah... I guess any information on the Elements of Harmony you can give."

"I see. Well, those would be in the Starswirled The Bearded wing. I believe you know how to get there?"

"Of course. Thanks Spell!"

"You're quite welcome. Your majesty."

And with that, twilight stopped dead in her tracks.

"How did you know?"

"I too have may secrets, one of which is I am the Chronicler for Equestria. I record all information about everything that happens. All of it is stored in the crystal caves below the city for safe keeping. There is information there that dates back to the start of Celestia and Luna's rule many many years ago. Seeing that you are now the leader of Equestria, that information is available to you. As tempting as the information in it is, it can overwhelm one who is... unaccustomed to it's power. You may view it now, but I would recommend waiting a few weeks. When you believe you are ready, come visit me."

'Why would he want me to wait?' wondered Twilight.

"Thank you Spell. I suppose I hall see you around?"

"Of course, your majesty."

"Uh..."

"I suppose you want me to address you as Twilight?"

"Yes please. It's still hard to become accustomed to all of this."

"I understand. I shall see you around then. Twilight."

"Thanks, and you too."

And with that Twilight set off to find answers to which she may not have wanted to know.

/)^3^(\

Applejack walked into the library. Tome looked over a stack of books.

"Can I help you ma'am?"

"Uh, yes. Did you see a purple unicorn come through here?"

"Twilight Sparkle is the the Starwirled The Bearded wing, your majesty."

"Uh... Thank yah, mister..?"

"Spell Tome."

"Mr. Spell Tome. Thank yah again."

"Not a problem."

Applejack ran out of the room and down the hall, wondering how he knew or if Twilight told him.

/)^3^(\

Twilight heard the door creak open.

"Hello? is someone there?" she asked.

"It's me Twi." said Applejack.

"Ah, good. You're here."

As Applejack rounded the corner, she was surprised by what she saw. Hundreds of books were flying around the room in a purple aura. When she looked at Twilight, her eyes were glowing a pure white and her horn was covered with the same aura.

"Uh Twi, what are you doing. Whoa!" she exclaimed as she dodged a book.

"I'm trying to find a book with information about the Elements in them, but none of these have it! I don't understand."

"Well, maybe if you read one at a time, it would make it a little easier?"

"What are you talking about? I m reading one at a time."

"Uh, no ya ain't Twi."

Twilight blinked an her eyes returned to normal.

"What? *thunk* Ow!" she yelped as a book hit her in the head. Around the library, books were falling.

"What did I do?"

"Well your eyes were all glowing white and books were flying around."

"But... How? I've never been able to do that."

"Ah don't know, but it's getting late Twi. It's 11:45."

"Already? I've been down here for... 12 hours?!"

"Yup. I would have came sooner, but I had to keep Rainbow from showing off."

"Heh. I understand. We should get to bed."

"Probably."

Twilight walked out of the library with more questions than answers.