• Published 6th Sep 2021
  • 663 Views, 38 Comments

Rivet's First Love - StormLuna



Rivet, the last remaining Alicorn has had a very long life. He is known as the last bridge between Imperial Equestria and modern Equestria. Despite being over two thousand years old, he has never discovered love, until a special mare comes his way.

  • ...
7
 38
 663

Introduction: About Rivet

Rivet, the world's last remaining Alicorn worked construction for the city of Las Pegasus. Because of how long he had been working, he was easily the highest paid construction worker in Equestria and was held in very high regard by his co-workers. There were many occasions where he could have escaped working in the sweltering heat but chose against it because at heart he was a blue collar pony and was dead set on keeping it that way. He had no desire to do any kind of office work that would keep him from associating with ponies with his mindset, a more rough and tumble mindset where ponies can make off color remarks among one another and not get reported to some higher ups by a nosy individual who was too easily offended.

Rivet had even been offered the crown of Equestria after the death of the Alicorn princesses yet he refused. He refused because that would not only take him away from the type of work and co-workers that he loved but he viewed being a royal as a curse. He had seen first hoof everything they had gone through. He knew of the stress they had and he knew of what would happen to them after they retired....death within ten years of retiring or assassinations by pro-republican extremists who despised the monarchy. Rivet was perfectly happy being a construction pony and attributed his longevity to the very fact that he remained a blue collar pony. The extremists looked over the fact that he was an Alicorn and simply let him be. He never had to face any assassination attempts nor would he be cursed with what some called the "retirement curse" that the princesses had to go through.

One thing that Rivet had never had though was a marefriend. He had had plenty of mares show interest in him over the past two thousand years but all of them had always only wanted to be with him because of him being an Alicorn. All of them thought that by being with him they could be a princess but once they found out that he was not of royal blood and would never give up construction work, they would bolt. What Rivet wanted in a mare was one that would love him for him, not because he had both wings and a horn. Because of that, he had never been in a relationship and was perfectly fine with that.