• Published 28th Jun 2021
  • 152 Views, 0 Comments

The Last Soldier of Equestria - KolyanGOLD



The last survivor on this lost island...

  • ...
 0
 152

4. Hope

I woke up surprisingly calm and I did not even get angry at the sun shining through the windows, whose warmth was felt even through the glass. Still, I was right, I needed to come to my senses and think a little.

It's time to find a way to get off the island, thought I, eating the usual conserve for breakfast.

Of course, during these three days I managed to do a lot and ensure my survival for at least another month. But what to do next? I can't live on this island for long, even if I really want to. On the other hand, I don't know what's going on on the mainland right now.

Of course, I'm not the only survivor, and there are maybe thousands or even tens of thousands more ponies out there.
But how do they live? And maybe even survive... if the zebras have achieved their goal, it was not difficult for them to simply occupy the devastated cities and the territory of our country... our home.

No, they just can't beat ponies, I'm sure! In addition, we had tens Stables in this case, and the princesses would definitely not let everyone they could get to die! That's right, otherwise how would the sun rise every day and the moon every night?

When I had finished my breakfast, I looked at my uniform, which I had never taken off before.

It's time to find some other clothes, thought I.

After glancing at the terminal in the room, I decided to use the universal code I had recently received. There were various entries in the captain's terminal, but I don't think it's worth getting into the personal data of a long-dead soldier. In addition, it was possible to open the safe next to it, which I did.


In the safe was another ten-millimeter pistol with one magazine to it, a silver watch, some personal notes, and a perfectly clean journal!

It would be nice to keep a journal to note what happened to me during the day, and just keep yourself busy so as not to go crazy, thought I.

Of course, I could leave notes in the terminal, but I preferred to write something down on paper. I found a few pens in the desk, but the ink had long since dried, so I would have to use the pencils I found there.

Leaving the journal on the table, I picked up the watch I'd found and removed the lid, looking for the small battery that it was supposed to run on. Taking out a small plate, I just directed a little magic into it and it was enough to fully charge it.

Looking out of the window, I found the sun in the sky. It's almost noon, so I put the approximate time on the clock and went out into the corridor. To the right wall was a staircase leading to the roof, and next to it was a door leading to a room that had not yet been explored. I didn't want to go back to the officers quarters, but there was a…

I stared at the gray door in front of me, puzzled because I couldn't remember what was behind it.

I better get used to it, thought I.

Behind the door was a corner room, with two wide windows facing the ocean and the second exit from the base, and along the right wall were three tables: on the middle one was a terminal, and on the side — two radio stations!

At the far table, wearing headphones with a microphone, face down, lay another dead pony.

"Seriously?" thought I.

I quickly jumped to one of the radios and was terribly happy even with the simple sound of ambient noise!

These stations were used to communicate with the mainland and worked for hundreds of kilometers! All I need to do is find the right frequency and I can contact someone, and then at least I'll be sure that I'm not alone. Maybe this was also a chance to ask for help to get off the island!

The terminal unsurprising needed a password, after which I got a list of recent radio connections. There I also found the numbers of the communication frequencies with military bases. First, I need to check them.

There was another window at the bottom, where I could see the condition of the antenna and how far the radio station was reaching.

"Fifteen hundred kilometers? This is only enough to got off to the coast! And I'm not sure."

The screen showed that only two of the four amplifiers on the antenna were working, and because the radio waves could not reach far.

"I need check this antennas."

The wires went up, so it made sense that she was up there, and it wasn't for nothing that there was a lift to the roof next to this room. There was nothing more interesting here, so I went outside to the stairs and went up.

Coming out of the small superstructure, I saw a take-off strip on the roof with crates scattered around, which seemed to be thrown out to make room for more soldiers. There were also a few skeletons of those who were unlucky.

The steel structure holding the antenna is slightly rusted, although it was made of wear-resistant materials that do not corrode for a long time. Because of this, the left side of the antenna collapsed, along with two small round blocks that looked like thick gas-mask filters. I don't know why this thought came up me with this particular analogy?

These blocks were the signal amplifiers. I don't know the details, but there must be eight affectedly created crystals inside, thanks to which the signal was amplified. In fact, they were not so easy to produce, but at the bases, deep in the ocean or among the mountains, where the signal did not reach the repeaters, there were antennas with just such amplifiers. I also heard that in the capital, in the palace, there were amplifiers that could cover all of Equestria alone!

The blocks were also damaged, so just attach them back will not work. The only option left is to hope that there is at least one such block in the warehouse.

After a brief inspection of the broken crates, I found only rusted rifles, a few packets of rations that were no longer usable, ruined clothing, and a couple of metal plates also covered in rust.

Once on the street, I decided to go first to the building on the right, where, next to the dining room, there were barracks. Inside, the corridor was divided into three exits: the right one led to the dining room, and the two left ones led to separate barracks for stallions and mares.

I easily found my row among the two rows of bunks in the first room. I didn't find anything useful in my personal crate, so I went on, passing a second room with two-story beds, in the direction of a small laundry room, which, for some reason, could only be accessed through the barracks.

The room was quite small, and most of the space was occupied by shelves with twisted sets of clothes, and in the right part there was a small machine that was supposed to clean clothes. The fact is that usually the clothes were put in order by unicorns, with the help of their spells, and the typewriter was rarely used, but I simply do not know him... or forgot about him.

When I found a suit that fit, I took off my holster and pulled everything out of my pockets, then put on not only a light jacket, but also pants, and just in case, I also took a coat. It's
unusually a good weather now, but from old memories I can confidently say that most of the time it was cloudy and cold here.

Putting the things I'd taken, I down back in their place, but I couldn't not pay attention to the nearest bunk. One of the tubes holding the upper bed was bent. It seems that somepony was hit his head hard on it, after which bed was deformed, and the soldier received serious injuries. The pony who did this, was sent to one of the northern border bases, where there is always a deadly frost and a bunch of the same exiles. At our base, they were severely punished for fighting, and considering that he almost killed him... he got off easy!

Shaking my head to clear it of unpleasant memories, I left the barracks and headed for the warehouse. It would be stupid and time-consuming to search through a pile of crates for the parts I needed, hoping for luck. Turning on the terminal in the corner, I found a list of the furniture of the warehouse.

Yes, there must be some amplifiers here somewhere! Returning to the shelves, I found the appropriate markings on the shelves and telekinesis took out the top drawer of the green color. Inside were two perfectly whole blocks amplifiers!

Using magic, I quickly returned to the headquarters and climbed up to the roof. The wires, that connected the old amplifiers, were broken, and to get to them, I had to take them almost to the top.

The amplifiers continued to fly beside me in the telekinetic aura as I climbed between the creaking steel floors that held the antenna. When I got to the broken wires, next to the two still working amplifiers. I connected the blocks, and I was about to come down when I heard a loud squeak coming from under my feet.

"AAAH!" I shouted as I lost my footing. Gravitation instantly pulled me down and I tried to grab some part of the structure to avoid injury, but I did not have time and landed on my left side on the covered roofs.

"Urghhh!" I shouted again, when crunch my own bone. Most of the air had been knocked out of my lungs by the fall, and the last of it had been used up in a cry of pain, so I was practically gasping, trying breath now.

I waited until my breathing steadied, then tried to get up. My head ached from the blow. When I leaned on my left front leg, I immediately buried my nose in the floor, because the sharp pain caused it to buckle.

Looks like a fracture, I thought, getting up again, but this time on three legs.
Lucky I could have fallen on the ground instead of on the roof, I add together, glancing at the side of the board.

Stumbling to the medical room, I opened crate with medicaments.

"Rut healing potion can't help here," said I, "but he could use anyway."

I washed down the painkiller with a healing potion and sat down on the bed, feeling for the red card in my pocket. Holding it up in front of me with my telekinesis, I went out into the corridor and turned left, toward the closed panel door. It was a medical warehouse, where there were strong drugs, not one crate with medicaments for all the base, right?

A white room, with matching cabinets on glass doors, shelves, and a couple of drawers with medical crosses on them. And there are against the right wall was Auto-Doc that might well be working. But it needed to be refueled with biogel, which also need to find.

"Come on, where he is… Oh, here you are!"

After pulling out most of the drugs, I finally found a flask with dark purple contents and a label – "Recovery Potion". I opened the lid and poured the contents down my throat in one gulp.

The magic liquid should speed up the regeneration, including the bones, and since the fracture doesn't seem to be serious, the bone should recover in a couple of days. The potions are all very well, but there are still some things I need to do if I really want this to heal as soon as possible.

Still on three legs, I reached the warehouse and found four metal pipes of the same size, then placed them crosswise on the leg and secured them at the bottom on a round metal plate that was slightly larger than a hoof. To prevent the structure from drop, I wrapped it with tape along the entire length of the tubes, and then I tied the wire found around the back and hooked it to the upper part of the pipes, which was slightly bulging.

Perfectly, thought I as saw on gotten construction

The makeshift splint will help me not bend the injured limb so that the bone would heal properly. And now I can at least lean a little on this leg, and it's much more comfortable.

After checking that my creation was holding up well on my leg, I prepared to return to the radio station. It's not for nothing I almost died installing these Discord amplifiers!

The radio was still jammed when I came back. After checking the condition of the antenna in the terminal, I was glad to see that the figure had increased to two and a half thousand kilometres. Opening the list of frequencies of the nearest military installations to the coast, I began to go through them all, hoping that at least somewhere I would get an answer.

"This is Sergeant Raise Shade, Equestrian Forces. I'm contacting you on closed army frequencies. I'm stuck alone on an island military base in the middle of the ocean. I need help. If you're hearing this, – please, respond."

For a couple of hours, I went through the frequencies in a circle, but no one answered me. Of course, there could be many reasons for this, and this is not a sign to give up! Most likely, these frequencies are simply no longer used by anyone and no one could ever think that someone could call for help through them. I still have plenty of time to try connect with others.

I was getting a little tired when I came up with an almost great idea. I set up the first walkie-talkie to receive one frequency continuously, and on the second, using the terminal, I sent a cyclic message indicating the frequency of the first walkie-talkie. Now, if someone responds – I'll know about it.

Leaving the walkie-talkies to work alone, I returned to the captain room. Drugs have long been sleepy, and just to rest, so that they act faster does not could use.