• Published 25th Jun 2021
  • 240 Views, 3 Comments

The Gilded One - Officer_Sam



A sleeping clock, awoken by a wandering ruins explorer in a place that feels off.

  • ...
 3
 240

Chapter Three - Ponyville

The deer and the asleep pony explorer are enjoying their time on the couch.

Only for breakfast to be served.

***
A blue coated pony with a silvery mane and an image of somesorta artifact on their flank walked into view, levitating with them two plates of breakfast looking items. They gently put the plates down on the coffee table and looked at us with a growing smirk. Before I could open my mouth they began speaking.

“Don’t worry I won’t press for the details, but I must say Caramel has some exotic taste to bring a deer home.” She said, looking at me.

I have no words to respond with, or at least anything that could make the situation seem even more embarrassing.

“Well, seeing as you're our guest and she clearly trusts you enough. My name is Blue Star, and you are..?”

“I am O’deer Stonia, a uh, traveller and explorer. Kinda like Caramel here.” I said, trying to gently nudge Caramel awake.

“Five more minutes…” Caramel groaned, turning over.

Miss Star used her magic to poof the blanket away, causing Caramel to start reaching around for the blanket only to then slowly pick up her head and look at me, and my belly.

“Oh deer.” She started to sit up straight, her face almost seemingly went red,“Um, this isn’t what it seems Star.”

She was flushed as she tried to avoid eye contact with her roommate, who was still wearing a smirk upon their face.

“I’ll give you two some room to talk, just shout for me if you need anything.” Blue said, walking towards the stairs.

Once she was out of the room, Caramel and I looked at each other. I can tell today will already be swell.

- A few minutes later. -

We finished eating our breakfast, with the occasional small talk. Caramel purposely avoided asking about how I ended up as a pillow for her, though I found it cute personally. Also, considering I haven’t really had normal herbivore meals in a long time, the food was pleasant. It’s been so long since I’ve actually eaten anything actually, I don’t even remember that far into the past. I looked up at Caramel.

“So, should we talk a little more about the whole clockwork deer form.”

”I almost forgot about that, you were some sorta clockwork thing and a pretty ancient yet advanced looking one. Clock makers don’t have anything on you.” She said with a small smile at the end,“But I don’t really get it, the style of that whole fortress thing and clockwork don’t seem too equestrian.”

“Well, to start off with. I don’t even know if I’m my own realm, your date didn’t match up with my internal clock. Then again calendars are sometimes replaced or forgotten. However, the fortress was seemingly familiar to me yet not at the sametime, though my memory of the ancient days as old clockwork and my pre-clockwork days are faded.”

“Pre-clockwork?” She asked, tilting her head.

“Ah, yes. I was at one point a deer though not exactly to my current transformation, I can’t recall all of it just a faded outline. Uh, clockwork machines were sometimes powered by souls or soul magic, I don’t remember the specifics of how I came to be clockwork.”

And now that I think about it, I don’t remember putting myself to sleep on that throne. The old memories are faded, even memories of love and people I once knew. Maybe it’s my lover’s soul keeping those memories alive, but I don’t even fully remember him. However, I could seemingly remember a bit of my magic training and could still use my affinity for transformation and illusion. I tried to reach into my memories, but even when trying to actively recall a memory it seems to resist, as if waiting for someone else’s permission, in fact I barely remember that dream now. I just know I felt free from some sorta chains, clockwork soul chains? Weren’t those almost impossible to break? Who broke them? Where am I? Why is everything different? Am I alone?

“Stonia.... Stonia!” Caramel’s voice echoed into my mind before I was able to shake my head and look at her, she had her hoof on my shoulder with a worried look.

“I-I…” I felt a sudden urge to cry. I held it in and looked back at Caramel,“I am fine, I just over-thought something for a second.”

“Look, while I’m not the most qualified person. I still would like to be your friend and help you as much as I can.” She gave me a heartfelt smile,“Now why don’t we take your mind off the whole clockwork thing, we can break the news to Starry later and see if we can help. Otherwise, why don’t we go outside and take a walk. Ponyville is nice this time of morning…. I hope.”

Caramel put on what looked to be saddlebags but not her explorer uniform, though it was a bit dusty, I guess. She patted the side of one of the saddlebags and I heard a little jangle of loose change, she smiled a bit as we proceeded outside.

“We’ll be back soon Star.” Caramel yelled up before closing the door,“Right, I guess we should get some light shopping done and a quick tour… and wait you're a deer.”

A couple of passing ponies stared at the pair of us before moving on, seemingly more careful. You know I think I somewhat remember hearing that deer are a bit rare, I think we both forgot to think before moving. That’s when the house door opened again and Blue Star came out using her horn’s magic to close the door. Did they really use a horn to focus magic, is that why I don’t see Caramel using magic? I should really ask about this stuff later.

“I think I should come along, a third wheel would never hurt. Plus I still have to ask Caramel a bit about you.” She said standing next to me.

Caramel shrugged and proceeded to lead the way forwards with Blue Star staying at my side.

Some of the ponies we passed looked at me with a familiar eye, I somewhat remember this faded feeling… I shook my head. No, they are just curious about me, I am a deer and new around here. Everyone is careful about strangers, right?

Author's Note:

This one is a bit shorter than the other two, sorry.

I have been reaching a sorta writer's block I guess. Probably due to factors somewhat outside my control. Though I know that I might come back to stories and ideas like this and try to make them work.

Though I have to admit, I've been feeling tired.

Nevertheless, I must continue with my adventure.