• Published 12th Jul 2021
  • 751 Views, 10 Comments

Sisters Reconnect - sapphireStarzzzz



An alternate ending to the first episode of MLP:FIM

  • ...
 10
 751

Reconciliation

"Will you accept my friendship?", asked Celestia hopefully.
Luna took in a deep breath before saying firmly, "no".

"WHAT!!!, b-but Lulu, times have changed. Many ponies love your nights and I'm sure they’ll welcome with open hooves. Even the thestrals have returned to Equestria, so you'll have you own subjects to rule over now."

This statement made Luna's blood begin to boil. "Subjects", she whispered, "SUBJECTS", she then yelled in the loudest Canterlot Voice she could muster. "YOU DESTROYED MY LIFE YOU MONSTER."

By now both of their eyes were starting to tear up.

Celestia mustered up enough willpower to say, "Luna, I know I should've noticed and listened to your pleas but, it wasn't my fault that ponies didn't notice and appreciate your hardwork.

"DON'T YOU GET IT, IT WAS NEVER ABOUT ATTENTION OR GLORY."

This statement caused Celestia and the Mane 6 (who were standing in the corner watching the whole spectacle take place) to exchange inquisitive looks.

"When we were both little fillies", she began much more softly, though her voice was shaking and unstable, "remember how you were always there for me, to protect me from everything, ranging from things like imaginary monsters under the bed to real and exceedingly dangerous changelings.

You used to sing me lullabies and read me fairy tales.

We were completely inseparable and I thought that it would always be that way but well, we started growing up. It all began when you were a teenager.

You started having royal duties to attend to and you became so wrapped up in them that you started spending less and less time with me.

At first I understood where you were coming from and I knew that you really wanted to make mom and dad proud so I coped with my loneliness while putting up a brave face. After sometime however, I noticed that you were acting slightly cold towards me and not even saying 'hello' when we saw each other in the palace hallways.

It hurt me so much you know, broke me down to the core. I thought that the reason of your change in behaviour was because of me.

So as soon as I became old and mature enough to handle kingdom affairs and take over the night sky, I got to work.

I made sure to handle the paperwork quickly, handle delegates and ambassadors with efficiency, and make the night sky as breath-taking as I could, probably the only task I truly enjoyed. At first I had done this to just impress you, but later on I just did to keep my self too busy to think that I'd lost my only friend.

Our parents and aunties appreciated my diligence but were also extremely concerned about my emotional wellbeing. They had questioned me about my well-being more than a few times but I chased them away every-time.

And then, mother, father and aunties were soon taken away from me, they may not have died, but they still were gone.

Even all of our distant alicorn cousins were gone.

This is probably what pushed me to the edge, that the one pony who wasn't there for me was my only remaining family.

You had tried to reach out from then on, to make sure I was okay, but by then I was too emotionally broken and furious, and the one pony whom most of my rage was directed at was you.

And then, once the two of us took the thrones, ponies started showering most of their attention to you, when it was I who fought of the beasts of darkness and was in charge of their safety, both in real world and the realm of dreams, yet it was you who was praised and hailed, and I suppose this was the breaking point that let loose the years of negative emotions stored up inside.

But you know, despite all of that, a part of me, the same part that had caused me to work myself to the bone just to impress you, hoped, rather naively really, that you would at least ask why I was doing it, but alas, as always, I was disappointed.

Despite having trained to keep her composure for a thousand years, hearing Luna say all of that and seeing her whimpering like a hurt puppy was enough for Celestia's hooves to give out and for her to collapse, with tears coming from her eyes and falling down on the floor of the old castle, drop be drop. Even the mane 6 (including RD and AJ) had started sobbing uncontrollably.

"And you know what, I spent ten years, TEN YEARS TRYING TO REPAIR A BOND THAT WAS" she sighed and they both finished it together in a barely audible whisper,"completely broken.", she said, a tear rolling down her cheek, before she started laughing, a sarcastic, humourless, harsh and insane bark-like laugh

Her laughter slowly died down and was slowly replaced by an innocent look and a warm smile. "You're in luck because it seems that naive part of me is the one that eventually won in the end."

Celestia gasped, "So does that mean!!!" Luna nodded.

"Celestia Solaris, Princess of The Day, I, Lunasis Sylina, Princess of the Night accept you hoof in friendship but, I don't think I'll ever be able to truly forgive you. The wounds will heal, but the scars never will go away.", she proclaimed.

Celestia sighed and replied "I understand sister."

They both smiled at each other and after slight reluctance, they approached each other nervously and hugged.

"Oh Luna, I've missed you ever so much. It was after I lost you, after you weren't there anymore that I finally realised how important you are to me."

They then heard awwwwwwws coming fom behind them and they turned to see the mane 6 staring at them with emotional expressions on their faces and they chuckled bashfully, since both of them had almost forgotten that those six were there watching and listening to everything.

Soon the mane 6 joined the chuckling which soon turned into an uproar of laughter.

Yes, everything was going to be just fine.