• Published 19th Jun 2021
  • 464 Views, 0 Comments

Twilight in the Ruins - Stelsun Darkstar



Twilight Sparkle finds herself in undergound Ruins.. and she has to escape from there!

  • ...
 0
 464

Chapter 01

Everything was dark. Until the purple alicorn opened her eyes. Her entire world got filled with the light of the surface.

But..

She couldn't open her wings and fly away, and go back home.. to Equestria, to her friends and family..

Does that mean that she's staying in there..?

. . .

"No.. I can't just stand here and wonder around!" The mare said to herself. "I have magic. That means that i'm getting out of here! Even if it somehow costs my life!"

She used her telekenesis spell, so she can lift herself and go back home.

Then.. for some reason her lungs felt empty. She couldn't breathe, she couldn't break the spell and she couldn't move any part of her body.

And all of a sudden.. there was this purple heart infront of the alicorn's eyes. It shatered like a wine glass.

Twilight was shocked, terrified and confused, because she didn't know what was actually going on right now. She couldn't use magic or move in general. Her body was like frozen.

After this, darkness and silence rulled the atmosphere for hours.

Until she heard a voice. An unfamiliar one. The voice told her to stay determined and to not give up.

That kinda broke the sudden despair forming in Twilight's mind.


Everything was back to normal once again. But this time, the alicorn decided to look around the place she was in. She noticed the pile of golden flowers that she was laying on for the whole time.

"Maybe if i can't exit thrue here, i'll need to find another exit."

Then she found an open gate, leading to another complete darkness. Sence it was the only way going to somewhere else, Twilight entered in.

Out of nowhere, she saw a lighten up space, exactly where a tiny flower was planted in. It looked like the ordinary gold flower like the ones she found herself earlier.

Twilight had the weird feeling that someone was here before her. Then she heard footsteps. Someone was coming.

Out of fear, the purple pony's body froze and she prepared her horn to shoot a magic beam of light and energy.


"Is anyone there?" A gentle, feminine voice called.

This voice made Twilight less scared than before. She toned down her magic, switching to a simple spell for lighting up the dark parts of the room she was in.

"I.. am here!" Twilight answered.

She noticed the tall figure slowly walking towards her. The figure was one head taller than her, which made Twilight question many things in her mind.

The tall, mysterious figure stopped walking, once she stepped under the light. It had this long, purple robe, with white sleeves and a strange symbol drawn on the chest area. Her face was covered in white fur, with two long droopy ears and a pair of little horns.

Her dark red eyes, that gave a motherly yet still mysterious vibe to the purple pony.

"Oh," Confused, the monster lady raised an eyebrow, once she noticed Twilight in the more darker area in the room. "i thought that there's another fallen child in here.. But it's just you.. a purple.. and little magical horse."

"My name is Twilight Sparkle, ma'am." Twilight looked at the monster from head to toe. "And, i would feel completely happy if you can show me a possible way out of this place!"

The monster lady got interested by the pony's words.

"You're not a human, but you're also not from here?" She slightly tilted her head down. "I'm surprised."

Twilight stepped up and continued asking questions.

"Ma'am, i would really love to use some information about this place, if i want to go home! Also, what and who exactly are you? Ma'am..?"

The big monster was ready to answer her questions right away, like she always was.

"Oh, i'm very glad you ask, Twilight. First, my name is Toriel, the caretaker of the RUINS, and i'm just an old goat lady who loves passing thrue this place everyday. Most of the time is for checking for falled humans, but i guess today i met a new.. horse monster, i guess you are? Because i have never really seen you before."

"Exactly! Because i'm NOT from here!" Twilight started to get a little angry. "Listen, Toriel, all i wanna do right now is to find a way to get out of this place and go back to my home!!"

Toriel was surprised by the pony's attitude.

"Alright, alright. Calm down, Twilight. Why don't we finish our conversation in my home?" Toriel recommended to the confused mare.

The monster lady's words calmed Twilight a little and she agreed on coming to her home.

. . .

Toriel leaded Twilight to the next room. It had two staircases made out of gray stones and red leaves in the middle. Infront of the leaves was a small, shiny star, just twinkling in one place. The walls were made with purple bricks that covered 90% of the whole room, which made it look so beautiful and few green vines were hanging from the ceiling. And on top of the big, gray door, right after the two staircases was a sign that said 'The RUINS'.

"Woah, what was this place again, Toriel?" Asked curiously Twilight.

The goat lady looked at the pony who was walking beside her.

"It's called the RUINS, Twilight. It is the home of many other monsters and.. well, me. The other rooms are filled with many different puzzles, but we'll skip them, because you just want to talk, which is more important than the puzzles."

"Are you sure? It kinda seems interesting!"

"Heheh," Toriel let out a giggle. "they ARE interesting, but when i see how impatient you can be, i think that it's better if we get straight to the point. Right, Twilight?"

Twilight looked away from Toriel then she looked at her again to answer her.

"Yeah, i guess so.."


After passing some rooms and puzzle explaining by Toriel, they entered the froggit room, a long room that had three little white frog-like monsters.

Twilight looked at them and asked Toriel.

"Who are they?"

"They are froggits, Twilight. They won't harm you, unless you're a danger to us, but luckily, you're not. You're just a.." Toriel paused. "What were you again? Sorry, i forgot."

"I'm an 'alicorn'."

"Oh yes. Ahem, as i was saying, you're just an alicorn who wants to know more about this place! And how to get out of here, of course."

The purple pony smiled as both of them continued on walking. The three froggits looked at them with curiousity.

They exited the froggit room and continued on to Toriel's home.


The pony and the monster found themselfs in a crossroad with two paths, one that leads north and the other, east.

"If you get lost here, remember to take the north path, where my home is." Toriel informed Twilight.

"Right, i understand." Twilight answered. "But, what's on the east path?"

Toriel stopped walking. She thought for a second then she told her.

"It's the way to Home."

"Home?" Twilight interrupted.

"Yes, it's the old home of all the monsters that got sealed underground. Most of them moved to New Home, but i and few other monsters decided to stay. It can be pretty lonely sometimes, but still, i can talk to them if i need to."

"Alright, i get that, but why exactly is called 'Home'?"

"I will tell you when we get to my house."



When they walked on the north way, they got to their destination, which was Toriel's house. It was small, cute and tidy house covered with the same purple bricks as the walls of the RUINS. It had two small windows, fallen red leaves on the ground infront of them and a sign on top of the open door that said 'Toriel's Home'. But the thing that caught Twilight's attention other than the house was the small, shiny star, the same one as the one she saw at the begining of the RUINS.

"Well, Tori, your house sure looks great, but what's with those stars? I saw like three more back at the RUINS, like what's the deal with them?"

"I'm not really sure about them, Twilight. All i know is that they're magical and that they can be somehow useful." She said with the same heartwarming smile.

"Okay.."


When they entered the house, Toriel showed Twilight around. Frist she showed her the guest room. It was a small room with orange palette. There was a big, orange wardrobe, an orange drawer with an empty photo frame, books and crayons. On the right side of the room was a small bed, perfect for a child's size.

"This is the guest room, Twilight. If you want to stay, you can sleep here."

After that, Toriel showed her, her room.

It was blue room, with a bed, that was perfect for Toriel, a big book-shelf and a table with a diary on it.

And finally, Toriel showed her the living room and the kitchen. They were very cozy looking and with a warm color palette.

"Did you like the tour, Twilight?" Asked the goat lady.

"Of course! You sure have a pretty nice home, Tori."

Toriel decided to take a book from the bookshelf and to sit on her favorite couch.

"Oh, what are you gonna read, Toriel?" Twilight asked once she noticed the book.

Toriel looked at the purple alicorn, then she looked at the book she picked.

"It's one of my favorite books called.. '72 Uses for Snails'. Would you like to hear a fact about snails, Twilight?"

Twilight sat on the ground, preparing herself to listen.

"Sure, go ahead!" She said while smiling.

Toriel was happy that her new friend was interested in hearing facts about snails, because normally when she asked if someone wants to hear a snail fact, they would just ask to go home and ignore her question.

"Did you know that snails sometimes flip their digestive systems as they mature?"

Twilight looked even more interested after she heard about that. Surprisingly enough, she didn't know that one fact because she wasn't really paying attention on snails and slugs. Just other things that were more interesting to her.

Both creatures decided to have a talk about their favorite things. It felt like they spent hours on only talking about favorite books and teaching, when Twilight remembered why she was here in the first place.

"Hey, Toriel?"

"Yes? What is it, Twilight?"

"Where's the exit from this place? If it's okay to ask?"

Toriel didn't answer right away. She tried on thinking of a different answer than just tell her the truth.

"Weren't you gonna take a break, Twi? You already look a little tired." The goat smiled.

Twilight was quiet. She was feeling a little confused to why didn't her new friend told her about the exit, if there's even one?

Still, the purple pony sure felt tired. She felt like her body was gonna colapse on the ground and fall asleep, like nothing, so she agreed with Tori to go to the guest room and take a break.

Toriel tucked in the little pony in the orange bed. It fitted perfectly with Twilight's size. She felt like she could sleep forever on this little bed.

"Would you like me to read you a story, Twilight?" Asked Toriel.

Twilight looked at her friend.

"No thanks." She answered while smiling. Toriel smiled back and slowly closed the guest room door, letting her purple friend to rest.

Author's Note:

This fic is based on a old artwork i did and a IRL "roleplay" thingie that i did with an old friend of mine that used to be a big fan of MLP. And.. yeah, weird, i know.

Also, some of the lines are directly taken from the original game to make the story and it's characters feel more like their original selfs. Oh, and apology if they act out of character! You can comment about this if you notice!

... One more thing! If there's any missed tags, tell me so i can add them!