• Published 24th May 2021
  • 499 Views, 5 Comments

Gabriela, the Batpony - Betty_Starlight



A unicorn batpony named Gabriela learns the magic of friendship!

  • ...
1
 5
 499

Chapter 14: Changes

“Ugh!” Gabriela says as she wakes up in the hooves of Dusk Shine on her left side in the bed, with her wavy violet mane over her right eye.

“Mmm!” Dusk stirs as she holds Gabriela before tightening her grip on the night unicorn.

Gabriela’s eyes widen when she remembers that she’s not alone in her bed. She softly whispers, “Dusk Shine! Are you asleep?”

She then here’s a familiar voice behind her squeaking lowly, “Yeah, I’m still asleep Gabs. You should just relax now…”

Gabriela giggles, “Uh, Dusk… I gotta pee!”

Dusk snickers softly before giving Gabriela a final squeeze, which only serves to agitate her full bladder before releasing the unicorn.

Gabriela grumbles to herself as she slowly gets to her hooves on the floor of her room. She turns and trots to her door on the right-side wall from her bed, magically opens it with her pale blue glow and then trots into her hallway and turns left to go to the bathroom…

<*****>

She returns a few minutes later to see Dusk sitting on her pillow on the floor and leaning down while using her mouth to collect some devil weed from a clear plastic baggy on her right before dropping it into the red blockhead pipe on her left, while a yellow disposable lighter sits on the floor to the left of the pipe.

Gabriela frowns and says, “Okay, but I’m getting a cup of coffee first!” before trotting back to Dusk’s left, down the hallway.

Gabriela returns a few minutes later with two floating white cups of coffee hovering on her right as the door opens to the right on the inside and she trots in. She looks down at Dusk, still sitting on her pillow, with another pillow now across from her.

Dusk smiles at Gabriela, “So, you brought me a cup of coffee too!”

Gabriela giggles, “Well, you’re drinking it now, right? Two sugars baby?”

Dusk giggles, “Always! Come on down sweetie! I got a bowl all ready for us!”

“Of course!” Gabriela says as she trots to her pillow while floating the coffee cups with her. She sits down on her haunches and causes the far mug to drift over to Dusk and onto the floor. She smiles and says, “Okay, we got coffee and weed! Right on!”

“Fire it up baby!”

“Yeah!” Gabriela chirps before she makes the pipe glow and float in the air before the mouthpiece turns towards Dusk.

Dusk opens her mouth and the pipe flies in. She seals her lips and begins to inhale as the yellow lighter floats in the air, turns downward towards the bowl from her left and it sparks to ignite a flame.

The fire goes into the bowl, which ignites the weed, and it begins to burn as Dusk inhales the smoke through the far port. Gabriela stops riding the carb and begins to pump it to give Dusk a steady even hit. Dusk brings her head back and starts before looking above the two batponies and exhaling a big cloud of smoke there.

“Okay, round two! Fight!” Gabriela says before she floats the glowing pipe closer to Dusk’s face.

Dusk starts and chuckles with a fanged smile, before pursing her lips on the mouthpiece as a flame forms above it and she inhales to bring it into the bowl again while continuing to suck down the smoke.

Gabriela taps the carb as she says, “I love you baby!”

Dusk starts as her spikes fly back and they soon go horizontal as she lifts her head to exhale smoke once more. She looks back down at Gabriela and smiles, “I love you too baby!”

Gabriela smiles her fanged grin as she causes the glowing pipe to float towards her, “Yeah…”

Dusk looks at Gabriela and frowns, “You okay?”

Gabriela says, “Why wouldn’t I be okay, Dusk?” before the glowing pipe floats to her mouth, which she promptly opens and seals around the pipe. The lighter floats over to her left side at a downward angle and sparks so that Gabriela can inhale the flame into the bowl, which makes smoke, that then travels to her mouth as she magically operates the carburetor on the left side of the bowl. *

Dusk leans forward, “I just need to make sure you’re alright!”

Gabriela exhales some smoke to the right of Dusk before looking back at her, “Oh! Right! Marefriends! Uh…” she leans forward, “Are you okay baby?”

Dusk giggles, “Oh yeah! I’m great! I got weed, my love, and now some coffee too!”

Gabriela smiles, “Because you like coffee now!” before closing her lips on the end of the pipe and sparking the lighter to take another hit as her blue slitted eyes look on at the process.

“Yeah!” Dusk says before taking the coffee in her forehooves and taking a small sip to test the temperature. She sets it back down and says, “Still too hot!”

Gabriela exhales to the left of Dusk and looks back at her, “Well, it did just come out of the pot, silly!”

Dusk frowns, “I’m new!”

“Right!” Gabriela nods, “Fresh batpony coffee addict, ready for assimilation!” before looking at the glowing pipe with her eyes and forcing it to turn in the air and float back towards her love.

Dusk looks back at Gabriela and asks, “So, what sorts of coffee do you know how to make, anyway?”

Gabriela stares back wide-eyed, “Uh, you name it! I own an espresso machine and a French press, on top of a regular maker.”**

Dusk places her lips to the end of the pipe and Gabriela makes the floating lighter go at a downward angle from Dusk’s left to ignite and cause fire to spark there. Dusk inhales to bring the flame into the bowl, where it ignites more weed. Gabriela again taps on the carb so Dusk gets a good hit.

Dusk leans back slightly as she starts and then turns her head to exhale smoke to the right of Gabriela, who says, “Since I’m a stoner, you should learn how to roll a joint!”

Dusk smiles at Gabriela, “Well, I always wanted to learn, but uh, I haven’t found anypony to teach me? I mean, you got magic and so, you’re right out!”

Gabriela nods, “Right! You told me my magic was neat!” She frowns, “Well, I could see if I can find a book at the store for you to read? I mean, they might have something like that?”

Dusk raises her left eyebrow, “Hopefully!” before normalizing her eyes and pursing her lips on the pipe once more.

The lighter sparks at a downward angle again as she inhales the flame back into the mostly burnt bowl, which soon begins to burn as she inhales and tastes the earthy flavor on her tongue as the smoke goes down her throat. Gabriela taps the carb for her and she soon starts and holds the hit in her lungs before looking above the batponies and exhaling. She looks down and says, “About time to cap it off! Set it down in front of me baby!”

Gabriela uses her mind to lower the floating pipe to the floor in front of her love, with the bowl towards Dusk’s left. She frowns at Dusk and says, “I can do that a lot faster with my magic!”

Dusk looks at Gabriela and smiles as she considers her words, “True, but why should you have all the fun?”

Gabriela giggles, “You don’t want me doing everything with my amazing night unicorn magic, isn’t that right?”

Dusk raises her left eyebrow, “You’re smart sometimes, you know that?”

Gabriela smiles at Dusk even wider, “Yeah! Sometimes! Sure!”

Dusk just shakes her head and grins her fanged grin even wider before looking down and using her mouth to fetch more weed and load it into the pipe. She uses her left forehoof to pack down the pipe while holding it with her right as she looks at Gabriela, “Okay! I think she’s ready!”

“Alright!” Gabriela nods. “So, I guess you’re now the loader and I’m the operator?”

“Right!” Dusk says wide-eyed to Gabriela, “We’re a team!”

Gabriela giggles as she makes the pipe float up in the air before herself and turn so the mouthpiece faces her, before gliding towards her face as she says, “A team that gets stoned together!”

Dusk squeaks, “The best kind of team!”

Gabriela squawks out the corner of her mouth, “Amazing!” before causing the yellow lighter to float at a downward angle from her left and spark to ignite a flame, which promptly goes into the bowl as she inhales and magically taps the carburetor.

Dusk stares at Gabriela and says in a low ominous voice, “YES! INHALE! INHALE AND GET HIGH! MWAHAHAHAA!”

Gabriela giggles as she says out the side of her mouth, “Quit it! I’m trying to take a hit!”

Dusk giggles hysterically as Gabriela struggles to stay focused enough to operate the pipe with her magic.

Finally, Gabriela starts and turns her face left to exhale a small cloud of smoke over there, before moving back to Dusk and saying, “Jerk! That doesn’t count! I get another hit now!”

Dusk snickers, “Totally worth it!” before grasping her coffee with her hooves and gulping it down in a mighty swig!

Gabriela shakes her head and purses her lips around the pipe again for another hit…

<*****>

The apple glows blue before visibly shriveling to a sucked-out husk while floating and attached to Gabriela’s fangs. It soon floats back down to the floor.

Dusk frowns, “I like the way you keep a fruit stash in here, so you don’t really have to go anywhere for a quick bite.”

Gabriela nods at her love, “Well, it makes getting ready in the evening quick and easy! Uh…” She looks at her wall clock behind Dusk and says, “Well, it’s just after eight now and we gotta be in at nine!”

Dusk nods, “Right! And I’ll of course, walk you up there and back home!”

Gabriela smiles, “Right! And then, you fly back to your place…”

Dusk blinks, “Right!” before picking up her own apple off the floor in her forehooves and moving her face down to bite it with her fangs and she sucks the delicious juices out as it withers to a shriveled mass before she sets it back down on the floor and smiles up at Gabriela.

Gabriela leans forward slightly with wide eyes and says, “I love you baby!”

Dusk looks up at Gabriela and smiles back, “I love you too darling!”

Gabriela smiles, “I’m starting to feel all warm and fuzzy inside!”

Dusk widens her slitted eyes, “Yeah, I know! Weird, right?”

Gabriela’s eyes widen as well, “Yeah!”

Dusk narrows her eyes and says seriously, “But you have no problems, right?”

Gabriela narrows her eyes and frowns, “You keep asking me that!”

Dusk shakes her head and looks back at Gabriela, “Well uh, I just want to make sure!”

Gabriela says mechanically, “You have effectively made sure Dusk Shine! I am in fact, okay!” before looking over at her coffee mug just to her right and causing it to glow blue and float to her face so it can tilt down her mouth as she takes a mighty sip of the now, lukewarm coffee. It floats back down as Gabriela looks over at Dusk with concern in her eyes, “You keep asking me that though…”

Dusk sighs, “I uh, just wanna make absolutely sure!”

Gabriela frowns and narrows her eyes, “Okay, sure! Yes Dusk! I’m fine!”

Dusk smiles dimly, “Okay baby…”

Gabriela leans forward and says nervously, “But you’re okay, too?”

Dusk gives a wide-eyed start and says robotically, “Yes! I am fine! Everything is fine! We’re all fine!”

Gabriela giggles, “Okay darling… Hey, we should probably head down to work if we’re gonna grab coffee at the all-night corner store!”

Dusk smiles and giggles, “Right!”

<*****>

The fruit plant is about 200 yards of red-bricked wall on it’s east side and there’s a metal ramp leading down below, underneath a green cloth awning held in place by small metal poles. The two batponies trot alongside it from the north, so that the opening appears on their right as they move towards it. Gabriela looks at Dusk on her left and says, “So, I guess this is it? I won’t see you again until tomorrow morning, when we get off?”

Dusk smiles at Gabriela from her side, “Assuming they don’t give me the B lunch instead so I can sit with you?”

Gabriela shakes her head, “Oh yeah! You were gonna do that, weren’t you?”

Dusk leans to Gabriela and nuzzles her while giggling, “Yeah! Remember stoner!”

Gabriela chuckles, “Yeah yeah yeah! I get it! You wanted to sit with me!”

Dusk grins wider, “Because you totally wouldn’t like that, would you?”

Gabriela stops trotting in front of the door, before starting as she moves her head back just barely out of the nuzzle, “No! Maybe! Shut up!” She shakes her head and stares back at the punker wide-eyed while leaning forward slightly, “Hi! I’m Gabriela!”

Dusk stops trotting as well and leans forward to kiss Gabriela softly on the lips.

The unicorn batpony starts with this sudden affection, but quickly regains composure as she leans into the kiss slightly, with her head tilted to the right side… Her eyes widen when suddenly, she feels Dusk’s slimy tongue entering her mouth, but at the same time, she knows she can’t resist at this point and she can only lick the tongue inside her mouth tenderly.

Dusk moves her head back to smile at Gabriela, “And there’s that, too!”

Gabriela straightens her face and says nonchalantly, “I don’t know what you’re talking about!”

<*****>

Gabriela sits at the white table and sees that it’s just past 1 o’clock in the morning on the wall clock, opposite to the table on the other side of the room, past another table that currently has several batponies seated there. She’s alone at the table when she sighs and looks down at the brown paper bag she bought from the cafeteria with two pears inside.

Suddenly, there’s a tap on her right shoulder. She looks over her shoulder to see a spiky-maned pony there with a big, fanged grin on her face as she says, “They did it, baby! We can sit together during lunch now!”

Gabriela smiles widely, “Awesome darling!”

Dusk quickly leans forward to Gabriela and passionately kisses her on the lips…

Gabriela can only start and narrow her eyes as she’s overtaken by the sudden love… She soon hears squeaky batpony cheering coming from behind her, but she doesn’t react as she also knows that right now, nothing is more important than this…

Dusk breaks from the kiss and looks down at Gabriela, “See! No scary mad coworkers here!”

Gabriela smiles and giggles, “Okay! Fine! Sit your flanks down now!”

Dusk snickers slightly as she trots to get into the seat to Gabriela’s right, “You got it, sticky buns!”

Gabriela shakes her head slightly before she giggles slightly while whispering, “All butt stuff, all the time!”

“Where it’s better, baby!” Dusk says slightly louder than Gabriela as she nuzzles her love with a grin on her face.

Gabriela closes her eyes as she can’t help but snicker at the reference.

<*****>

Dusk stands there on her hooves while staring back at Gabriela from the right of the unicorn’s red front door as she frowns and says, “Uh, Gabs?”

Gabriela looks up at the punker from the other side and frowns, “Yes, Dusk honey?”

Dusk looks down, “Can I come in? I uh, don’t really want to leave just yet…”

Gabriela leans forward and frowns, “You wanna crash here with me again this morning, don’t you?”

Dusk starts and looks back up at Gabriela wide-eyed, “Uh, if you don’t mind?”

Gabriela frowns harder and narrows her eyes, “Why would I mind? I love you!”

Dusk smiles slightly and says timidly, “Yeah uh, I kinda wanted to talk to you about that…”

(To be continued…)

Author's Note:

*While you can operate a blockhead pipe with either hand, the carburetor is almost always on the left side. I’m not sure why?

**”Regular coffee” is normally referred to as “Americano” in the coffee world. Although America doesn’t exist on their planet and so…