• Published 8th Jun 2021
  • 266 Views, 10 Comments

My Name - CalmHeart



Starscream decides to go undercover in Ponyville to find out about the Autobot's plans. (Set in Season 6)

  • ...
8
 10
 266

Living A New

Starscream awoke to see his unicorn pressed tightly against him. He stared at the sleeping mare. She was cute, and peaceful. He smiled softly. He gently planted a kiss her forehead, and closed his eyes once more.

He didn't want it to end, this feeling.
It filled him with more happiness than anything.
He finally had something.
Something he had been seeking long ago.

Starlight slowly opened her eyes to the grey pegasus. She smiled, and slowly started to move away.

Starscream mumbled, and puled her close. "Noooo, stay and snuggle.."

Starlight giggled at him, and turned. "It's time to get up Starscream, you have to let me go."

Starscream opened his eyes, and whined playfuly. "No... It's so warm under the blankets. Pleaseeee..?"

She laughed again, finally getting out of his grasp, and starting to sit up.

"Sorry, Starry. Besides, you should be getting up too." Starlight turned to the side of her bed, and stood.

Starscream sat up. "Okay, fine. But only because you told me so."

Starlight smiled at him. "I'll be down in the dining hall with Twilight. I'll make sure Spike makes some extra pancakes for you."

"Sure."


After failing multiple times to find the dining hall, Starscream finally found it. But, strangely, no pony was there.

"Uh, hello?" He walked into the room. The table was set, but pony nor food was found.

He thought it was strange.
Suddenly there was a voice behind him.

"Starscream?"

He turned to see Starlight in the doorway, and he smiled. "Hey Starlight. Uh, where is everypony?"

Starlight looked away. "You know who wants to see you. Now."

Starscream blinked, and understood. "Oh."

Starlight waved for him to follow.
"Come on. We're all waiting at the Autobot's ship."


The base the Autobots held just so happened to be their ship, which had broken down and landed in Equestria shortly after the Decepticons had found the land.

As Starscream flew down to the ground, he observed Optimus Prime and a few of the other Autobots standing behind the main 6. (Wheeljack, Ratchet, Bumblebee)

Starlight walked up next to him.

"Have you really abandoned your Decepticon brethren?" Optimus Prime spoke, voice skeptical and serious.

Starscream looked at the Transformer. He lowered his head, and moved his mane away from his neck.
The mark of a Decepticon was gone, leaving only the ears of the symbol.

Optimus noticed it, as did the others.

"The more I interacted, and spent time with these ponies... The more my transformers' roots started to fade. But more importantly for this case,"

He looked up.
"My loyalty to them has faded as well."

He took a step forward.
"I am not the person I was when we arrived here. I have learned about some of the most important values in life."

His eyes scanned across the main 6, and they all responded with body movements. "Kindness... Generosity... Honesty... Laughter... Loyalty... Magic..."

He turned to look at Starlight.

"..Acceptance."

Starlight blinked, and smiled shyly, gaze moving down to the ground behind her.

Starscream gazed back up at the Autobots, smiling softly.
"Friendship is amazing."

He quickly glanced away, and rubbed his hoof.

"...Love is... A wonderful feeling too..."

Starlight brought a hoof just above her mouth. She smiled with a blush, her eyes beginning to shine with happy tears.

Starscream returned to a blank face once again directing his eyes to everyone.
"I don't expect any of you to accept me. Or even forgive me."

He put a hoof on his heart. "But I have changed. I belong here, in Equestria. Both as a transformer, and as a pony."

He put his hoof down, and closed his eyes, head lowering to look at the ground. His ears drooped.

"I'm sorry."

Starlight looked to Twilight, who looked to her friends.

Optimus was still, and silent, talking in this pegasus's words.

"Star."

Starscream looked up. The pony to have said that was Rainbow Dash. She smirked, pointing her one of her wings behind her.

"No matter what these guys still think of you,"

She gave a hoof.

"I believe ya."

Starscream blinked.

Twilight gave a small grin. "Starscream. You've only been with us for a short time, but you've been a good friend." Twilight raised her hoof to him.

"We all extend our hooves in friendship, just like we have before."

Her friends raised up one hoof to him, smiling.

Starscream's eyes widened. He felt them water. He turned his head away and clenched his eyes shut.
"D-dang it..." he sniffed quietly.

Optimus blinked. This was not expected.

Starlight went to stand in front of him. She held out a hoof.
"We'll stand by your side.."

Starscream turned to her.

She smiled.
"North."

Starscream started to smile, and returned the gesture.

Starlight aburptly hugged him, and he embraced it openly. The main 6 came over to them, and joined in on the hug.

"Optimus?"

He glanced at Bumblebee.
"I think they're right. He's proved his innocence well enough."

"Surprisingly, I have to agree." Ratchet agreed with the small yellow transformer.

The leader still held doubts, although, there was one thing he knew.

Friendship had changed the seeker forever.

"Alright. I'll trust you have changed. Now, do you have any information on the whereabouts and plans held by Megatron?"


Their next attack was Canterlot. They had previously attacked the city before, but as a warning. This time, they were going all in. The goal?

Take prisoner of Princess Celestia and Luna. Use their magic to create the energon cubes they so desire. Leave the city in ruins, imprison all unicorns there.

Was this going to be the final battle? Presumably not, as the Decepticons had many other places in and out of Equestria marked on their list. Although, this battle was going to be a fight unlike any other.

The Autobots were planning to leave to Canterlot the next day, and the main 6 were helping the best they could.

Starscream knew that he had to do something.

As Twilight was listening to Wheeljack and Optimus discussing strategy and weaponry, Starscream walked up to them.

"I want to join in the fight."

The two looked at him.

"Really?" Twilight tilted her head. "Why?"

He put a hoof on his heart. "He's already tried to lay waste to Ponyville. I'm not letting him hit the capital, let alone capture the princesses. And, I have some unfinished business with him."

Twilight suddenly smiled.
"Hm, spoken like a member of the Royal Gaurd."

Starscream knew of whom she was thinking about, and nodded once.

"But, how are you going to help us exactly? You're not a Transformer anymore." Wheeljack pointed out.

Twilight rubbed her hoof on her chin. "Speaking of, how did you become a pony in the first place?"

"With a little help from a good friend." He smirked, hearing a far off conversation from behind.

Zecora and Starlight Glimmer were making their way to Ponyville, Starlight carrying the null ray gun with her magic while Zecora wore a satchel.

Starscream turned to wave them over to him, and they obliged.

Suddenly Wheeljack gasped, looking at the weapon Starlight had in possession.

"-That's your null ray gun!"

He suddenly looked excited. "Oh boy, I've waited so long to get a good look at this thing.."

Starscream flew up a few feet into the air, feeling defensive about his possession.
"Hey! This weapon is still mine, even if I won't use it much after this is all over."

He flew down near Starlight and Zecora.

"You know, I could have sworn that was bigger the last time I saw it." Optimus observed.

Starscream held out his hooves, and Starlight handed him the weapon as he talked.

"I figured out how to streamline the gun so it shoots faster, and I even managed to make it a smidge smaller so that it can be held by both my pony form and my normal form."

He smiled smugly, showing it off in the air. "Pretty cool huh?"

Twilight was the first to finally notice the zebra's presence. Starscream flew back down and entrusted Starlight with the ray.

Twilight greeted Zecora. "Hello Zecora. What are you doing here?"

"Delivering what of which I made, a potent potion and a powerful aid."

Twilight tilted her head with slight confusion.
"What do you mean?"

Zecora reached into her satchel, and brought out a small glass tube. The glass contained a deep blue liquid that seemed to glow by itself.

"Poison Joke may be a detriment to those who have seen, but tis' not for our friend here, Starscream."

Twilight was surprised. "Wait, so poison joke doesn't turn you into a foal?"

Starscream collected the potion from Zecora, while Zecora took out a second pipette of liquid from her bag. "Apparently not, which is lucky for me."

Wheeljack was puzzled. "So does poison joke have an antidote?"

Zecora gave the liquid to Starscream, and looked to Twilight. "Think of how you once had to soak, now with one drink you can instantly cure the poison joke."

Twilight was intrigued by that, and held a hoof above the ground. "Really? You've managed to figure out how to do that?"

Zecora responded. "If it wasn't for my run-in with this former Decepticon, I would have never taken the time to refine the elixir."

Starscream explained further. "She found me during my early days of my independent undercover work. She made me swear not to interfere with anything the Autobots planned."

Optimus Prime nodded. "I thank you then, Zecora. You helped keep our security safe."

Zecora nodded back, and turned to Starlight. "I must be off now." She then turned to Starscream. "Remember, you hold the key as to how."

Optimus and Wheeljack grew puzzled. Starscream was also confused. "Huh?"

She turned away, and started back to the Everfree.

Starscream sighed in annoyance.
"Will she ever be straight forward?"

Starlight chuckled. "Probably not."

She turned to Starscream. "So, why did you want me to collect your weapon from Zecora?"

He put a hoof on the weapon.
"Well, it still needs a few things to be battle ready, maintenance, a strap and trigger for my pony form, maybe autofire for accuracy-"

"Okay, now you're just irritating me."
Wheeljack was now annoyed at Starscream's endless talk.

Starscream smirked.
"Well, I could concede and let you assist me in making the upgrades," He turned to Twilight, "but we'll need the princess of friendship to help out with an special upgrade."

Twilight blinked, and pointed a hoof to herself. "Wait, me?"

"Yes. It's something to do with magic."

Wheejack nodded. "That- actually sounds rather fair."

Twilight smiled.
"Anything to help a friend."

Wheeljack turned to Optimus.
"Well Optimus?"

Optimus looked down at the gun, pony Starscream, then at Twilight.
"As long as Wheeljack can help, I'll allow it."

Starscream nodded. "Alright. I'll agree to that."

Starlight handed off the weapon to Twilight as Starscream turned to her.
"Thank you for bringing this Starlight, it means a lot to me."

Starscream smirked. "That dimwitted Megatron won't even know what hit him!"

Starlight heaved a sigh, but smiled back.
"You know, for once you could stop being so full of yourself."

Starscream scoffed, then laughed, nudging her side playfully. "Gimmer, that's one thing about me you can't change with hugs and kisses."

Starlight laughed out loud, responding sarcastically.
"That was such a generic line!"

Starscream smiled and sighed in defeat, flying up into the air. "Hey, at least I'm trying. I'm still new to this type of thing."

Starlight rolled her eyes. "I know, I know. Your flirting game does need some serious work though."

Starscream laughed wearily. "Okay, okay, let's go before Starlight starts making fun of me."

Starlight smirked.
"It's too late for that Starry. Because I know just what to say and do to get you flustered."

Starscream blushed, and turned away, starting towards the Autobots base.
"W-whatever. I won't let you get me that easily."

Starlight was satisfied with her victory, and let him off.

"Well I guess we should get going too." Wheeljack pointed out, and he nodded to Optimus. Optimus nodded back as Twilight was trotting towards Starlight excitedly.

"So, based on what he said a few hours ago, and your interactions now-"

Starlight laughed nervously, and blushed, looking down to the ground beside her.

"Yeah.. turns out being in a pony form for so long has enabled him to feel the same."

Twilight beamed. "Oh my gosh! No way! He does love you!"

"Wait, hold up just one minute. Is that what he meant by saying love is a "wonderful feeling"?" Wheeljack interjected.

Optimus also seemed curious.
"He's actually learned to feel that emotion?"

Starlight nodded. "Just like I explained a second ago."

Twilight couldn't stop smiling for her friend. She gave Starlight a hug.
"I'm so proud of you Starlight! You must be over the moon!"

Starlight returned the hug. "I am."

They both departed from the hug, Starlight smiling.
"And I know it doesn't look like it, but Starscream's over the moon as well."

Twilight chuckled, and looked back. "Yeah, I think we've gotten used to his personality well enough to know."

As they were, Starscream suddenly flew back into the picture. He groaned with annoyance.

"You guys are so slow! Let's get a move on already, I have a battle to win."

Both Starlight and Twilight sighed, but smiled.

"Yes Starscream. We were just talking about how wonderful it is you two are finally together. It must be an honor to have Starlight as your girlfriend."

That comment flustered the pegasus once again, but he quipped back, suppressing a stumble in his words. "Hey, I think it's the other way around. She's the one who should be honored to have someone like myself."

Starlight suppressed a laugh.

"Well we best be going." Twilight flew to the air.

Starlight smirked. "You wouldn't want to face the wrath of the all mighty Starscream, now wouldn't you?"

Starscream smirked back.

"You're dang right."

Wheeljack turned, and pointed to ponyville as the two friends flew off.

"I'm going to go-"

Optimus interrupted, sending him on his way. "Oh Yeah, yeah, go ahead."

He tranformed, and drove away.

"Good to know he's as egotistical as ever." Optimus observed.

Starlight smiled.
"I guess that's something we really won't ever change."


"Hand me the rench please."

Wheejack and Starscream were working together on the null ray gun. Since Starscream was staying in his pony form for now, he could reach some places that Wheeljack couldn't. Twilight was holding a small gemstone with her magic. At the moment it was colorless.

"This is one exceptional piece of tech you got here Starscream." Wheeljack commented, tinkering with the barrel.

Starscream connected a few things, and took a step back, wiping his forehead with his hoof.

"Yeah, I remember when I first designed it, I made sure it was able to be tweaked and modified so I could change it if I ever needed to."

Turns out the two tech nerds got along, who knew?

Starscream turned to Twilight.
"Okay Twilight, do you have the gem ready?"

She shook her head.
"Not yet. I was waiting for you two to finish the other parts of the upgrade."

Wheeljack glanced at the gem.
"So, this gem will allow your gun to run on magic itself when you have no energon for it?"

Starscream nodded.
"Essentially, yes. In order to power it, a unicorn or an alicorn must activate the gem, and store some of their own magic inside. From there it'll collect it's own magic from the air around it."

Twilight stared at the jewel.
"Usually you need two skilled unicorns for this. But I'm sure I can activate it."

"Need any assistance?"

The three looked down from the workbench to see Starlight trotting in, levitating a white bag.

"Hey Starlight." Twilight greeted.

Starscream flew down from the bench to greet her with a hug.

"How's progress?" She asked.

"It's been cruising along nicely." Starscream replied. He brought his attention to the bag. "What's in the bag?"

"Only one of your favorite sweet treats from Sugarcube Corner."

She broke off a piece of a brownie, and levitated it to him. Starscream took it gratefully, as Starlight took out a banana pudding cream puff to give to Twilight as he ate.

"Wait, you can eat things?" Wheeljack questioned, still working on the barrel.

"Yeah. That's why I haven't needed any energon in my normal form recently." Starscream answered, flying back up to the table.

"Oh, Starlight, we could use your assistance."

Starlight smiled, and teleported to the table.

Twilight presented the gem to Starlight. "Some magical assistance?"

Starlight nodded, and the two transferred their magic to the gem, making it glow periwinkle. Starscream watched with awe. He was always curious about how magic actually works, though he could never get a straightforward answer.

Twilight handed the gem to Starscream who took it in hoof. Twilight took a bite of her cream puff and Starlight levitated out a doughnut from the bag as Starscream took a step forward to place the gem in its spot. He connected two wires to the bottom of the plate the gem resided on, and closed the panel with a little force.

"Wheeljack, are you done with fiddling over there?"

Wheeljack moved his servos away from the barrel. "Yep, the shots taken from this should be more clean and poignant."

As Wheeljack spoke, Rainbow Dash came into the room carrying a decently sized chest.

"Yo Star,"

Their attention went to Rainbow.

"This just arrived at the castle with your name on it."

Starscream was confused. He flew down to RD. "What? Who would be sending me something like this?"

Rainbow put the box down, and landed next to it. Starscream put a hoof on it as she spoke. Twilight and Starlight came down to join them.

"I don't know. There isn't a name given for the sender."

He glanced at Starlight, whom shrugged.
He unhooked the latch on the chest, and opened the top.

Starscream and the three friends gasped lightly. Inside, was a royal guard's armor, but a special type. It was white, gold, and blue.

"That's the armor reserved for the captain of the entire Royal Guard!" Twilight exclaimed in surprise.

"The what now?" Wheeljack walked out from behind the workbench.

"No one's ever worn it before!" Starlight looked on in astonishment.

"Not even my brother.." Twilight added.

Rainbow Dash got a little excited. "They've said it mixes Flash Magnus's armor with modern Guard armor and the wonderbolts' outfit."

Starscream picked up the helmet, and noticed a note in the bottom of the chest.

He picked it up to read it, helmet in his other hoof.

You will need this for the upcoming battle. We trust you will use it wisely. Good luck Starscream. ~Princess Celestia

He was just as surprised as the others were.

"Princess Celestia sent this?" Twilight was slightly confused.

"I guess.." Starscream didn't know what to make of it either.
Starscream gazed at the helmet he held in his hooves.

"Don't just stand there then." Rainbow Dash pushed.

"Try it on!"

"I don't know..." He still didn't seem very certain.

"Well, Celestia sent this to you for a reason. It must be pretty important." Twilight assured him, remembering what Celestia had done for her over the years. Starscream glanced at Starlight. She nodded in agreement with Twilight. He gazed at the letter one last time, before letting it fall into the box. Without any hesitation, he pulled on the helmet and armor.

He stood in a pose, looking at himself. He smirked.

Rainbow flew into the air, giving a smile. "Looking good Star!"

"It fits you almost too perfectly." Twilight noted.

"It does doesn't?" Starscream held a smug grin, flapping open his wings to get a better sense of the armor. He took to the air.

"This armor is strangely very aerodynamic. Most likely created for physical conflict." He assessed the set, and flew back down.

"Although, I've never gotten the shape of these helmets. I know it's for a uniform and united look, but I feel like they could have been designed better."

Starlight grinned, and walked over to Starscream, giving him a side hug. "Well, its striking presentation does suit you."

He took the helmet off, and nuzzled her cheek with his own.
"It would look better with purple."

Rainbow chuckled, flying up to the table, next to Wheeljack.

"Not to ruin the moment, but don't you have to get back to your project?"

"Nope, we finished it." Wheejack said.

"Really?" Rainbow looked to the table, and at the gun.

Starscream broke the hug, putting the helmet on the ground, and flying over to Rainbow and Wheeljack. "It may need a few test runs, but everything's up and ready to go."

As he as preoccupied, Starlight picked up the helmet with her magic, gazing at it with curiosity. Twilight came over to her and whispered something to her. Starlight chuckled and nodded in response.

Starlight spoke to Starscream. "Hey Starry~"

He turned to see Starlight attempting to wear the helmet. She smirked. "How do I look?"

Starscream laughed out loud, and flew back down to her. "You're head's too small for it Glimmer."

He took the helmet off of her, and Starlight attempted to give a surprise kiss on his nose. But he was quick on the draw, and immediately met her lips instead, making her "eep" in surprise. He departed first, a smug look on his face.

He stared at her with eyes that shone with mischief. "You know you can't play those tricks with me."

Starlight chuckled shyly, looking away from his gaze.

"Daww~" Twilight awwed at the cute sight, and Starscream remembered there were others here with them. He quickly became shy and embarrassed.

Starlight silently giggled at his face full of guilt. "It's okay to kiss in public Star."

"Oh. Right." He mumbled, recalling a scene from two of their friends.

Suddenly, Jetfire came rushing in. "Optimus needs us, all of us, urgently!"

The ponies looked to Wheeljack, who followed Jetfire out. The three followed, Starscream flying up to get his gun, and putting the gaurd helmet on. The time has come.

Author's Note:

Hey all, it's been a little while since I got to this fic, but the passion's back and I'm going to finish this! Next chapter is in progress, thank you for your patience.
Write you later!