• Published 31st May 2021
  • 856 Views, 0 Comments

The Natural Instinct - D-Cal Tailor



A young deer is thrown into a life changing situation. A village of mythical creatures are being threatened by their past tyrannical King, only the deer can save them now.

  • ...
 0
 856

Prologue

No matter how much you run, whether it be from your nightmares, yourself, or even your problems. It is impossible to leave all of that behind as if it never happened. It never existed you presume, leaving it all in the past, you believe that it’ll be burned. Turning to dust as if it were paper burning in the fireplace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Stop running! You can’t just leave the village behind, you can’t abandon us!” Yelling out a scared creature, it panting from the long run that it made, chasing the deer down. The deer stopped; turned around to look at the out-of-breath creature. He huffed and backed away from it, staring in disbelief at the creature. He was amazed that it was able to keep up with him, but in the same sense, was on defense. If this one single creature was able to keep up, the whole village could have followed.

“I said to leave me alone! Why can’t you just understand that I do not care, I am doing this for myself and only for myself! You Grifix can have your tyrant King, but leave us deer out of your problems, alright!? Now leave me be!” The deer said with a deep and booming voice, stomping his hoof onto the ground where some vines, bushes, and other specs of nature block off himself from the still out of breath Grifix. He huffed and turned to leave until the Grifix cried out one word that stopped the deer in his tracks. A word he never thought he would hear again. He looked down at his hooves, looking at the marking on the bottom of his front left hoof.

The vines, bushes, branches, and other pieces of nature all slipped away back into the dense dark forest of Everfree. The deer looked at the Grifix, glaring through its chest. He turned his head to look across the river that was behind him, sighing at the thought of his home being burned. The one word that the Grifix could have said to change his entire perspective.

“Right...then you have to promise me that he makes it out alive. Promise me that even if I die, he will be safe. I will help you and the village with the tyrant. Elswyth, Nairn, and I will fight back. Just...you just make sure that Willow will survive with him.”

“I will Lockehart, I promise you that he will live. There are some trees over to the North that would provide some good protection from Umbra and his minions. They won’t get found there.”

“Thank you...now, for me to summon Elswyth and Nairn here I have to be left alone. Concentration is important, allowing me to connect with them.” The Grifix nodded at Lockeharts words and turned away, leaving him to himself by the riverbank. He walked to the river's water to look at his reflection. Closing his eyes, remembering his beloved Willow. He knew she was going to be safe, away from the violence and death. He opened his eyes to find Willow's reflection in the crystal clear water, staring back at him. He could only smile at the reflection of his lovely wife.

“Do not worry sweetheart, I said to you long ago that I would provide the best life possible for you. Now, there is an extra with us, I still uphold my promise. I extend that promise to no longer be only for you, but for him as well. I love you, I will always be your beloved.” He closed his eyes again, taking a deep breath, and opened them to look at the water's reflection. No longer looking at Willow's reflection but his own. He lifted his head to look out at the path he was to take just before the Grifixs words. Lockehart turned to trot back from where he was running from, back to the Grifix Village. To end the tyrant King from his reign and set things right. No more death, no more violence, and no more fear.

“So do you have a plan Lockehart?” asked the no longer out of breath Grifix, walking with the deer when he passed her.

“I do, but that all depends on how the village will react to my idea. Especially with that tyrannical KIng Umbra in the castle. He will try and break apart our grouping so to ask a question myself. Do you have a plan for some Grifix who will be unseen?”

“Well...I might not be able to come up with some kind of plan, but, I do believe that I have someone in mind that has some kind of idea.”

“Good, bring him along then. We are going to need as many Grifix as possible if we want to take the village back.”

“So many are terrified about death. The King isn’t exactly too keen when dealing with a revolt against him. He won’t give up easily Lockehart, you of all deer understand that. Elswyth and Nairn have seen his wrath even.”

Lockehart just looked at the frightened Grifix. Indeed he knew how powerful King Umbra was, some would say that he holds more power than the previous Queens, there is a definite certain outcome to Umbra's reign though. There will never be another King to rule over the Grifix Village. He nodded and reassured the Grifix, looking back up and straight ahead with his head held high. Staring directly towards the burning Grifix Village. A metaphorical fire that sparked the moment that tyrant king came into rule. There has been enough death, fright, and dismissive moral, from both sides of the spectrum. The deer and the Grifix have to rekindle their relationship to defeat Umbra. Bringing peace to all of Everfree.

“We are going to end this Celia, once and for all. We are going to restore Everfree.”

“You think so Lockehart? Umbra is powerful, he has many guards who have been manipulated. What if we…”

Lockehart looked at the Grifix, understanding her fears. He sighed and pulled her close to him in an embracing hug. He knew of Umbras strength, but willpower and heart are far stronger. The Grifix stayed still in Lockeharts hold, feeling safe in the deer's hooves. She may have had some doubt fill her mind, but she knew deep down that they would take back Everfree, but most importantly, the Grifix Village.