• Published 20th Apr 2021
  • 697 Views, 7 Comments

Wrong Ways to Fantasize: Cadance Tries To Plan Her Daughter's Life - Mockingbirb



Some mothers want to live their dreams through their children. Cadance's dreams are especially big and bold.

  • ...
2
 7
 697

Love Makes Us Stronger

"Isn't our daughter lovable?" Cadance said.

"You know she is," Shining agreed.

"I mean, isn't she the most lovable little filly in all of Equestria?"

Shining looked at the foal sleeping in her crib. "I suppose? But you know, a lot of other parents love their foals more than anypony else in the world, too."

Cadance seemed a little petulant. "But Shiny, honey...our daughter's love, and the whole Empire's love for her, powers the Crystal Heart that guards all of us from the nasty, cold blizzards outside the borders. She's like a one pony Windigo smashing machine! And she's still a little foal. Imagine how much stronger she'll be when she grows up."

Shining knew better than to argue with his wife, when she got into a mood like this.

"She's so good with love magic already. By the time she's an adolescent, she'll probably be able to draw unlimited strength from everypony's love for her, and use it to crush her enemies."

Shining couldn't stay silent. "But honey...you're making her sound like a changeling."

"She won't HURT anypony. She'll accept their love, and return it even stronger. She'll be like a little love monster. OUR love monster. She'll be like a GOOD changeling."

"With King Thorax and his friends, we already HAVE good changelings." Shining scratched his already frazzled head. "Honey, are you thinking about a dynastic marriage with Thorax? I'm not saying that would be bad, but I am saying it's too soon to decide something like that."

Cadance shook her head. "Our daughter won't be like a good changeling. She'll be like the BEST changeling." Cadance gently patted her daughter. "Don't you think Thorax and all the other changelings would fall down and worship anypony so adorable, asking nothing in return?"

"Sure, dear. Let's start a new cult."

"I knew you'd understand!" Cadance said. "So anyway...let's go to bed now. I think I'm so tired I'm delirious."

Shining put his wife's nearest foreleg over his shoulders. "I think you're right." He helped her to bed.