• Published 29th Dec 2023
  • 129 Views, 2 Comments

The Cost To Know Everything - Thunder--Dash



Are our worlds really connected? How far will one girl go to have this question answered?

  • ...
 2
 129

The Integration

The next day came. Fluttershy and I had a good night's sleep, despite the short hours we had left of the night. It was nice cuddling with her. However, now came the difficult part: integrating her into our society. It would be quite the challenge. For starters, Fluttershy was not just a bipedal pony, but a pegasus pony...from a completely different dimension. After taking some time to think, I decided to dress Fluttershy in some other clothes that I had laying around. I also had to trim down her mane and tail. She was disappointed about it, but it would grow back as time passed. Finally, to make her look cool, I decided to throw in a baseball cap.

"U-uhm...are-are you sure this is a...*gulp* good idea?" Fluttershy asked as she started to quiver lightly, her wings twitching within her shirt.

"Trust me Fluttershy, everyone is really nice." I stated as I made sure that I had everything, from all my books and binders, to my science project stuff. I then went to the car with Fluttershy, and headed off to school. The conversation in the car was only of a few words. Fluttershy was just so worried about how others would see her.

"Hmmm, perhaps we could come up with a different name for you Fluttershy. People would definately think that something's up if you say your name is Fluttershy." I stated.

"Uhm...I-I don't kn-know Kenneth...I want to keep my real name...but...but..." Fluttershy stopped.

"But what Fluttershy?" I asked.

"I like my name...it's unique and all..." Fluttershy said rubbing her arm. I sighed as well.

"How about Flora? I mean...you look like a Flora, and it seems like you love nature just by looking at you..." I said.

Fluttershy looked over to me as I drove.

"Well...uh...Flora is...nice..." She said softly. I smiled.

"Then Flora it is." I declared as I gently led Fluttershy, now known as Flora to the door, making sure that I had all of my things.

The drive to school was rather interesting. Fluttershy looked around and saw all the differences between my world and hers. The one thing she pointed out was that the colors were duller than her world. Looking at Fluttershy's fur, I could imagine just how bright the colors were in her world. When we arrived at school, Kayla and Lenny were at the front.

"Oooh! Looking good there Fluttershy! Kenneth did a great job picking out that outfit for ya!" Lenny said happily. Fluttershy blushed and tried to hide away cutely behind a binder I gave her.

"Keep it down a little Lenny. Oh, she has a new name just to make sure we don't get that much attention: Flora." I explained.

"Oh! Right...sorry..." Lenny replied, a few beads of sweat running down his face. A few other students turned around and looked at us, seeing Fluttershy with her pink mane coming out of her baseball cap.

It was soon time to go to class. Fluttershy and Kayla chatted just a little. When we arrived in the classroom, the teacher was quite surprised at the sight of Fluttershy. However, after telling an elaborate story and referring to Fluttershy as Flora, everything went relatively smoothly, except those who just kept on staring at Flora, causing her to whimper.

Soon, lunchtime rolled in. Our little group decided to sit by ourselves and eat so we could have a discussion about where Fluttershy could possibly from and most importantly, just how many other dimensions and habitable places are out there. All the while, Fluttershy was also thinking about how she would get back home and her friends.

"...I mean, look at Flora, she's a pegasus pony...a bipedal one..." I said.

"But...ponies aren't usually bipedal." Lenny commented.

"Well, there could be a chance they are...I mean...multiverses...?" Kayla asked.

"You got a big point there Kayla." I said.

"M-my friend...Twilight Sparkle would...really...love you guys..." Fluttershy simply said...rather quietly.

"Twilight...Sparkle..." I thought out loud.

"Now that's a really interesting name. So assuming you're from a..." Kayla started.

"Do you think this a good time to take this thing deeper?" I interrupted.

Kayla let out a quiet sigh. She was getting even more excited as more layers were unfolded about Fluttershy's world. Lunch concluded and it was time for science class. The teacher gave us a free period to work on our projects. Therefore, we took the time to discuss the possibility of multiple dimensions and universes. Fluttershy listened carefully. All the while, Kayla looked at Fluttershy, many more questions starting to arise.