• Published 31st Mar 2021
  • 1,325 Views, 38 Comments

Helping Scootaloo - SpikeisCute



Spike finds out about Scootaloo's secret. What will the two of them become?

  • ...
5
 38
 1,325

Surprise!

Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo returned home after visiting Rainbow's mom, Windy Whistles. They stayed a lot longer than expected. The duo also managed to talk to Bow Hothoof, Rainbow's dad. Scootaloo woke up halfway through the flight so she wanted to go to bed as soon as they arrived.

"Hey, squirt. We're here." Rainbow said, sliding Scootaloo off her back.

"Ugh. Already?" Scootaloo groaned.

"Yep. It's getting pretty late so you should get ready for bed."

"Rainbow?" the filly asked, who was still half-asleep. "Can you tuck me in?"

'You will be the mother you want to be.' Windy's words rang inside Rainbow's head. The little filly was asking for something that she hadn't dreamed of doing in years. Something that a mother would do.

"Sure thing squirt."

She scooped the tired filly up and gently flew up the stairs. Rainbow placed Scootaloo in bed and pulled the covers over her.

"Night Scoots. See you in the morning." Rainbow said.

She hesitated for a moment before kissing Scootaloo's forehead. Rainbow could've sworn she saw Scootaloo give a small smile before exiting the room.

The pegasus filly slept soundly throughout the night but for Rainbow, it was the complete opposite. She was awake thinking of how she could be the best mother possible for Scootaloo. The mother figure that Scoots never had.


Scootaloo woke up the next morning and looked at the mini calendar that was on the nightstand near the bed.

It was Monday today which meant school. It also meant Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle.

"Ugh! Why today of all days?" the filly groaned.

"Scoots, wake up! It's time for school! Go get ready!" Rainbow Dash called out.

"I'm awake!" Scootaloo called back, crawling out of bed.

Inch by inch, she made her way towards the bathroom. Scootaloo washed her face, brushed her teeth, and took a shower. Now feeling refreshed, the filly made her way down the stairs and into the kitchen. There she saw the older pegasus making lunch.

Rainbow Dash looked up. "Hey, squirt! Ready for school?"

"Yeah! Just gotta eat breakfast first!" she replied.

Scootaloo walked over to the cabinet and grabbed a box of cereal. She poured it in a bowl with some milk and went to sit down in front of the TV. The filly ate while watching her cartoon and Rainbow finished making their lunch. When she was done, Scoots grabbed her school bag.

"Scoots? Ready to go?"

"Ready!"

Rainbow crouched down and let Scootaloo hop on her back. She grabbed the two lunch bags with her teeth and flew outside. They were in the air for a couple of minutes before a schoolhouse came into view. The blue pegasus landed next to the small schoolhouse and slid the filly off her back. Scootaloo grabbed one of the lunch bags and waved to Dash.

"Bye Rainbow! See you later!"

Rainbow grabbed the other lunch bag from out of her mouth and waved back.

"Bye squirt!"

Scootaloo ran inside the schoolhouse to meet up with Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom. She found them sitting in their usual seats and sat down next to them.

"Hey, guys!" Scootaloo said.

"Hey, Scoots! You're just in time! Miss Cheerilee just said that we're about to start!" Sweetie explained.

The first bell rang letting the class know that school was in session. Miss Cheerilee cleared her throat to get everypony's attention.

"Good morning, children!" Cheerilee said.

"Good morning, Miss Cheerilee!" the class responded.

"Today, we are going to review what we learned from last week and then we will take a pop quiz."

The whole class groaned.

"But today, we also have a new student!" Cheerilee announced.

Scootaloo chuckled to herself. 'Imagine the new student was Spi-'

Just then, a familiar purple and green dragon walks into the classroom with a blue backpack on his back.

'You've got to be kidding me...'

"Say hello to Spike everypony!"

"Hi Spike!" the whole class chorused except for Scootaloo.

The orange pegasus glanced over at the other Cutie Mark Crusaders. Apple Bloom was raising her eyebrows up and down and Sweetie Belle was puckering her lips. Scootaloo hid her face in her hooves while blushing in embarrassment.

"Spike, why don't you tell everypony a little bit about yourself?" Cheerilee said.

"Hi everypony! My name is Spike. I live with Twilight Sparkle in the Castle of Friendship. I'm her Number One Assistant and Best Friend!"

"Thank you for sharing, Spike!" Cheerilee thanked. "How about you sit next to..."

At this point, Scootaloo's mind was racing. 'Please don't be me! Please don't be-'

"Scootaloo!"

'Why does the universe do the exact opposite of what I want?!'

Spike walked up to the empty desk next to Scootaloo and took out all of his belongings.

"Hey Scoots! I guess we're classmates now!" Spike said, smiling.

Scootaloo tried to sound as enthusiastic as possible. "Yeah! How fun!" she said, putting on a forced smile.

"Now Spike," Cheerilee started. "I know you're new here so I don't expect you to know everything on the pop quiz."

"That's okay!" Spike replied. "I have a good feeling about this quiz."

"Well, if you're sure. Alright class! Everything off your desks except a pencil and a piece of paper! We're about to begin!"


"Wow, that was hard!" Sweetie said, looking at her test score. "I got a B minus. What did you guys get?"

It was time for recess. The 3 fillies and baby dragon were all sharing their test results.

"Ah got a B minus too." Apple Bloom said.

"I got a C plus!" Scootaloo said, happily.

"Why are you happy?" Sweetie asked.

"Cuz' it's one of the highest grades I got in math." Scoots explained.

"I got an A plus." Spike said.

"WHAT?!" the trio yelled.

"Geez! Lower it down, would'ya?" Spike winced, covering his ears.

"Sorry, Sorry! But how?!" Scootaloo asked.

"Well, when you used to live in a library with one of the smartest ponies in Ponyville homeschooling you, it has its perks."

"That's neat!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

"Give your tests to me! I'll put them back." Apple Bloom offered.

The kids gave the tests to Apple Bloom and she put them back on their desks. She came back outside to continue talking to her friends.

"Spike! Wanna come play with us?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Nah, I'm good. I'm gonna sit by that tree over there and read my book!" he declined.

"Oh okay! C'mon girls!"

The CMC played for couple of minutes before Scootaloo realized something. Spike was sitting by himself. With nopony to talk to. Not to mention, he looks kind of lonely.

"Hey girls? I'm going to see how Spike's doing." Scootaloo said.

"Ooh! Great idea! Go hang out with your boyfriend!" Sweetie Belle teased.

Scootaloo groaned and marched towards Spike.

"Spike?" Scootaloo called out.

Spike looked up from his book. "Oh, hey Scoots! What's up?"

Scootaloo got closer to Spike and sat down next to him. The drake set the book down on the ground.

"Nothing much. I came to ask if you were okay."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

"You just seemed pretty lonely by yourself. So I was wondering if you wanted to talk." the filly explained.

"Sure! That's sounds great!"

*insert awkward silence here*

"So what brings you-"

"Twilight forced me here." Spike deadpanned. "She said she didn't want me to end up like her. Cooped up in the castle all day. Not making new friends."

"O-ok..."

Scootaloo stared off into space, looking at everypony playing together. She didn't realize that her body was inching towards Spike. Scootaloo grabbed his claw mindlessly. However, Spike, who was in full consciousness, blushed when Scootaloo held his claw. He looked over at the filly and saw that for the first time in days, she looked like she was fully at peace. They sat like that for a while until the bell rang. Scootaloo regained focus and looked for Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle. Spike just picked up his book and went inside.

"Hey girls!" Scootaloo called out.

"Scoots! How was it? We saw you were holding hands with Spike!" Sweetie Belle squealed.

"Yeah! It was pretty- wait. I did WHAT?!"

"You didn't realize?" Apple Bloom asked.

"NO!"

"If it makes you feel better, I think he was blushing as well." Sweetie added.

"How is that supposed to make me feel better?!" Scootaloo groaned. "Let's just head inside."

The fillies ran back inside the schoolhouse to continue their dreadful day of learning.


"Alright girls," Rainbow Dash started. "Today's the day!"

Rainbow Dash called a meeting in the throne room to discuss some important business as she called it.

"The day for what exactly?" Applejack asked.

"I'm gonna tell Scoots that I'm adopting her." Rainbow explained.

The other girls were delighted by this news and cheered.

"I have a plan, so listen up! Twi, I want you to help me finish the adoption papers! Pinkie, I want you to throw one of your biggest surprise parties yet! AJ, Rarity, Fluttershy, you guys help Pinkie set up the party! Invite everypony Scootaloo ​knows!"

The mares nodded and started to get to work. Twilight helped Rainbow Dash fill out the papers for the rest of the afternoon. By the time they were finished, it was time to pick up Scootaloo.

"Oh Rainbow!" Twilight called out before Rainbow left. "Can you please pick up Spike too? I'm gonna head to Canterlot for a meeting. Tell him I'll be back before 5 pm!"

"No problem! Thanks again, Twilight!" Rainbow said, flying out of the castle.


It was a few minutes after dismissal started before Rainbow arrived at the schoolhouse. She looked for Scootaloo through the wave of fillies and colts exiting the classroom. The blue pegasus found Scootaloo sitting on the stairs of the schoolhouse, looking like she was in the deepest thought.

"Hey Scoots! I'm here!" Rainbow called out.

Scootaloo shook her head and looked up. She saw Rainbow Dash and smiled. The filly jumped up and ran towards the older pegasus. Rainbow hugged Scootaloo upon contact with each other.

Rainbow let go of Scootaloo. "Where's Spike?" she asked.

"Inside the schoolhouse. He's reading a book." Scootaloo answered.

Rainbow walked inside the schoolhouse to see Spike at his desk and Cheerilee at hers. Spike looked up from his book.

"Oh, hey Rainbow! Where's Twilight?"

"She asked me to pick you up. She went to a meeting in Canterlot so she'll be back by 5 pm." Rainbow explained.

"Oh ok! Bye Miss Cheerilee!" Spike said.

"Bye Spike!" Cheerilee called out.

The pegasus and the baby dragon head outside to meet up with the filly.

"Hey squirt! Spike's heading home with us."

"W-WHAT?!"

"Twilight's got a meeting in Canterlot so she asked me to pick him up."

"O-oh ok..."

Rainbow knelt down so Scootaloo and Spike could climb on her back. Scootaloo turned to Spike.

"You've done this before?" she asked.

"Yeah, multiple times! Mostly with Twilight." he answered.

"Just gonna warn you. Rainbow obviously flies faster than Twilight. So you better hold on tight."

"Yeah, I kn-WOAH!"

Rainbow Dash took off and Spike held onto Scootaloo for his dear life. Scootaloo felt Spike hugging her tightly and blushed. They all arrived at Rainbow's house and went inside.

"Alright! I'm gonna make you guys a snack so just relax and watch TV or something." Rainbow said.

Spike and Scootaloo slid off Rainbow's back and went to sit on the couch. Scootaloo turned on the TV but wasn't really paying attention. She thought about how she apparently held Spike's claw and how he held onto her. Spike was thinking about the same thing.

"Snack's ready!" Rainbow called out.

The duo got up from the couch and went to eat their snack, which was apple slices. It was a very uncomfortable silence. When they were done, Spike and Scootaloo went back to the couch. Scootaloo was feeling a little tired so she laid down. At this point, she didn't care if she was sleeping on Spike or not. She just wanted to close her eyes and go to sleep. Just before Scootaloo was about to go to sleep, she heard Rainbow whisper to Spike about some sort of party but she couldn't make out the words.


"Wake up sleepy head!"

Scootaloo woke up to somepony shaking her. She opened her eyes to see Spike looking down at her. She looked down and surely enough she was sleeping on Spike.

"5 more minutes." Scootaloo mumbled, snuggling into Spike's chest. The baby dragon found this very cute.

"Sorry but no. We gotta go!" Spike said.

"Go where?"

"Sugarcube Corner. Rainbow's gonna take us to get cupcakes!"

"But you're so comfortable!" Scootaloo whined.

"I guess we'll get the rainbow cupcakes without you."

The rainbow cupcakes were Scootaloo's favorite cuz' not only did they remind her of Rainbow, but they also taste awesome!

"Fine..."

Scootaloo got up off of Spike and yawned. She went to the bathroom to wash her face and came back to Rainbow, preening her wings and Spike, who was grabbing his backpack.

"Scoots, ready to go?" Rainbow asked.

"Yep!"

Rainbow bent down to let Scootaloo and Spike hop on. Yet again, Spike held onto Scootaloo while they flew down to Sugarcube Corner. Scootaloo also found this cute. When they arrived, it was pitch black inside.

"Who turned out the lights?" Scootaloo asked.

"SURPRISE!"

The lights turned on and confetti shot in the air. Everypony jumped out of their hiding places with smiles on their faces. There were rainbow, orange, and purple balloons everywhere and a huge banner that read 'Congratulations Rainbow and Scootaloo!'

"What's all this for?" Scootaloo asked, obviously surprised.

"How about you take a look?" Twilight said, making some papers appear.

The princess levitated the papers over to the orange pegasus filly. As Scootaloo looked at the papers, her eyes widened and tears started to form. She turned to look at Rainbow who had a comforting smile on her face.

"R-really? Y-you're adopting me?" Scootaloo managed to choke out.

"You bet I am squirt..." Rainbow said, starting to tear up herself.

Before Rainbow could say another word, Scootaloo tackled her to the ground and let all her tears out.

"Th-thank you R-Rainbow! Thank you!" Scootaloo sobbed.

Rainbow Dash hugged Scootaloo tighter than she ever had before.

"I love you Scootaloo. No matter what happens, I'll be glad to call you my daughter."

Everypony awed at the little scene and some even started to tear up themselves.

"Now that's that's out of the way," Pinkie started, popping out of nowhere. "LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!"

The music started up and the ponies branched out to see what activities the party holds. Scootaloo met up with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle and Spike.

"Congratulations Scoots!" the other two fillies and baby dragon said, hugging their friend.

"Thanks guys! You're the best friends ever!"

And so for the rest of the night Scootaloo, Spike, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle all partied and ate cake and whatever ponies are doing at parties these days.

Author's Note:

I'm so sorry for the long wait on this chapter! This is probably the longest you have to wait on a chapter in all of Fimfiction!:facehoof: (That's not cancelled or on hiatus) And I know you guys wanted Scootaloo to say 'I love you' to Spike and that's coming because the next chapter is the second to last chapter! Thank you for sticking with me if you read this chapter and this note! You guys are the best!:scootangel::moustache::rainbowkiss::twilightsmile::heart: