• Published 4th Sep 2012
  • 1,295 Views, 40 Comments

Different genres of life - SymphonyWubs



Two musically talented ponies end up in special person's life.

  • ...
8
 40
 1,295

Don't worry...I got this.

"Anyways Vinyl let's go look for some things you'll need so that you don't drive Octavia nuts."

I was actually looking for headphones to start out with; I don't need a pony stuck in bed all day because of lack of sleep. Who knows what might happen?

"Hey, Octavia just needs to let the wubs take her over. Y'know? Just be the bass, smell the bass... right?"

I wasn't sure how to respond to that. She sounded like a drug addict. Be the bass? That just sounded ridiculous. I guess you just can't force someone to like something.

"Do you like anything else besides bass? Like maybe, I don't know rock? Jazz? How about country?"

For a second I thought I might have broken her mind. She just mumbled to herself, as if she were trying to figure out what I just named off. Good! It kept her quiet just long enough for me to find the headphone section. Of course, the most popular of them all was Beats Audio.

"Hey~ these are cool looking. They're even wireless! Can I get those?"

What pair was she talking about? Lucky for me I could see just slightly over my shoulder to where her hoof was pointing to. The Beats Audio... figures. They were a different color to what I have seen before; they were like a sky blue color. Her pleading was cute though so, being the nice person I am, I grabbed them.

"Sweetness! So~ what else are you looking for? There is just so much here!"

"Vinyl, try to keep your voice low please. Not exactly sure stores... especially electronic stores want animals in here or talking ponies for that matter."

"Alright, alright. Oh, you need computer speakers, right? I did blow them out. Sorry."

Right, that was something I needed. Glad she reminded me. Although I was curious on how Octavia and Al were doing.

************************************************
Shopping with Vinyl went better than expected, but about every three minutes she would whisper something about a little girl following us.

"I don't want to sound rude or anything but, this little girl is creeping me out. She keeps staring at me with her freakishly large eyes. Yet her cute smile has me confused."

This was getting odd, yet it wouldn't last any longer because we were finally in the check-out line. But not before a little chaos on Vinyl's behalf. Right around when we got the speakers, Vinyl saw a DJ set on display. It was hooked to some demo speakers that stood pretty high up. And just as I thought, Vinyl just had to play with it.

"This is a dream, a dream I tell you! My own booth, playing my own music to fans. Ah, it would be the sweet life."

Sure no harm done, until some people noticed that she was talking and walking. I had to pull something off quickly or it would get pretty insane in here.

"Don't worry folks, just a puppet I figured I would play around with a bit."

She also played along with it... Good!

"Look here, you, I finally entertain a crowd and you want to put me back? Never! I'm sick of your boo-hooing about your missing soup-can, Nigel!"

I have no idea where she came up with that, but it got a few applauses and giggles. Her genius plan really was working out perfectly, well done to her. Security, on the other hand, told us to calm down or we would be removed. Eh, didn't matter since we were on our way anyhow but then Vinyl yelped. What was her deal now?

"Okay, you see, I was trying to be a calm and nice pony but you have now crossed the line!"

Crossed the line? Who was she talking to? Suddenly, she got out of the bag... oh no.
Turning around I saw Vinyl confronting a little girl, who looked as though she was about to cry.

"Hey, I can deal with the creepy looks you have been giving me, but pulling my tail? You are asking for it!"

This is why I told her to stay in the bag. Grabbing Vinyl, I had to apologize to the girl, just as she was about to explode into tears. Holding Vinyl like bear, I knelt down and gestured to the girl.

"Sorry about my friend here, I guess she doesn't like having her tail pulled. But hey, if you want to pet her; you can."
Hooves crossed, she grumbled to herself as the girl petted her, smiling and laughing. A few more seconds of this and we had to leave, I really did not want to be here any longer with this going on.

Now the car ride, priceless. Vinyl was still upset about her tail being pulled and I could tell it really hurt, but I did have a surprise for her.

"I know you're upset, but I know what will make you feel better on this car ride home and trust me, you will love every second of it."

That got her attention for now, but the same frown was still on her face. It was that 'I don't believe you' look.
Luckily, I was at a stop light so I reached into the glove compartment and grabbed a small piece of paper... a ticket to be exact.

"Umm, what is that?"

"Something you will flip about, I went online a while ago and bought two tickets to the most anticipated event coming to town, the one and only Skrillex."

A tear ran from down her face, her mouth agape at what I'd just said. Using her horn to bring it to her, she stared at the ticket for a good twenty seconds. A car pulled up beside us and then the funniest thing I have ever seen happened. Vinyl banged on the window, the guy in the car turned to look our way and saw Vinyl. He couldn't hear what was being said but his reaction was enough.

"I GOT A SKRILLEX TICKET! I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM GOING TO SEE HIM!"

Now that was what was being said, but what the guy saw was a crazy animal head banging like I had given it a drug of some sort. Trying to avoid seeing any more of this, he ran the stop light. I am pretty sure he thought he was seeing things, but having Vinyl hug me and seeing her happy was enough for me at the moment.

************************************************
Home, finally. I was having a hard time dealing with Vinyl since she would be in the front seat... then the back seat. She was just unable to control herself. She was even the first to rush in the house, Al was wearing a confused look and shrugged, but he quickly ushered me into the house. Apparently he wanted to show me something really important.

"I have to say; we have stumbled upon some very talented ponies. Never in my life have I seen anything like this."

He opened the door to my mother's music room, where she practiced playing her instruments and even wrote new songs. It was always closed, and it was really only my fourth time in here. As for what Al was telling me, even I couldn't believe it. Octavia stood in the middle of the room, playing the cello.

"Not only is she playing it, but she hasn't picked up a book on how to play or even asked me about songs. Although what really gets me is that she's playing your mother's first song."

Now that couldn't be right; my mother played her first song on the violin. After listening for a while I realised he was right. Octavia kept her eyes closed while playing the entire time.

"Al? How does she know how to play that song? You said she didn't pick up a book. Did she happen to hear it somehow?"
One nod and he smiled; his eyes seemed to have shifted to the ground, though. His attention was on Vinyl, she was just sitting there with the Skrillex ticket held in her mouth.

The music stopped.

"Oh, I am terribly sorry. I didn't mean to barge in here and start to play. I just heard your mother's song being played while Al was cleaning the other room. I just couldn't help myself."

Why was she being so apologetic? It was completely fine, she was really good. It became cute when Vinyl darted to her and gave her a hug.

"That was so good! I didn't know you could play!"

Her voice was muffled so Octavia just looked at her with an awkward smile. That was until Vinyl brought her in closer and pointed at me. Dropping the ticket for a second she had to make a statement.

"This is going to be the best time of my life. We're going to go see Skrillex soon. Then it will be dubstep... dubstep everywhere!"

Octavia rolled her eyes but smiled knowing it was something Vinyl had wanted to do for a while. Then it hit me, I need to get Octavia a gift too. It should be easy, actually, she likes classical and I happen to know one person she is a fan of: my mother.

I whispered my plan to Al and he agreed we both knew it would make her the happiest pony. Until that time, Vinyl and I had a concert to go to in a few weeks; I really couldn't wait either.

************************************************
Later that day I was able to talk to Octavia. She and I hadn't really talked, so I figured I would let Al look after Vinyl. He was already trying to understand why an animal would love music that sounded like Transformers fighting.

"So Octavia, what have you and Al been talking about? I never really get a chance to talk to you since Vinyl is usually doing something crazy."

She smirked knowing exactly what I was talking about. She was just so calm when she spoke, it was cute.

"Ah, I completely understand. Al has actually been telling me a lot about your family. It really got my attention when he spoke of us coming into your life. You weren't always the happiest person, if I understand correctly. He spoke of how you just love having us around and to be honest I love just being here. I really do feel at home... I suppose that is because I have no idea where I came from."

I just had to hug her; she really did understand how much she and Vinyl meant to me. I can honestly say my life was getting better.

"Octavia I just want you to know, Al and I will always be here for you two. Matter of fact, I will be getting you a gift also."

"Oh no, you don't have to get me anything. I wouldn't want you to go through the trouble."

"What if I told you your gift would be to meet my mother?"

That got her good. She hugged me more tightly and thanked me. I never had this feeling before, my chest feeling heavy and warm. I could feel myself crying, crying tears of joy. They really were my best friends.