• Published 5th Apr 2021
  • 115 Views, 1 Comments

Learning is Magic: The Beginning - lyramei



The start of a pony teacher's adventures in Ponyville Middle School... where he learns that FRIENDSHIP is key.

  • ...
 1
 115

True to Myself

"Caramel! How about we run away from school and join the circus together as a pony-draconequus act?" asked Discord.

"Nah, I'd rather keep my job, to be honest."

Discord grinned. "You remind me of Pinkie Pie!"

Caramel laughed. "She throws better parties than me," he said.

Discord suddenly had an idea. He took a jar of peanut butter and stuck it onto his cloven hoof, then did a quick dance. Caramel laughed so hard which caused the rest of Team 7C to stare at him; which later sent them all into hysterics.

"That was the joke that sent Pinkie and AJ into hysterics last time. When I didn't invite Twilight on purpose," the draconequus explained. Caramel giggled.

Suddenly, there was a strong breeze. Two ponies in sports jerseys flew down in front of Team 7C. "Yo! You're Bookworthy, right?" asked one of the stallions, pointing a hoof towards Bookworthy.

"Um, yes. Who are you? How did you know I was in the Everfree Forest?" asked Bookworthy skeptically.

"We're from Cloudsdale Middle School. The middle school with the best sports program in all of Equestria!" the stallion exclaimed enthusiastically. "I'm Nifty Hoops, and this is Breezy Cloud. And we want YOU, Bookworthy, to come and be a part of CMS and coach sports here! I tell you, kid, you're gonna be famous," he explained.

Bookworthy could not believe his ears. "Wow! That means I'll get to coach the team for the Best Young Flyer competition? That's amazing!" Nifty and Breezy smiled. "So? Do we have your permission to join?"

Lilac smiled. "I'm so happy for you, Bookworthy. You get to realize your dream! But... we're going to miss you," she said sadly. Team 7C nodded.

"Oh." Bookworthy hadn't thought heavily of leaving his coworkers behind. They were more than coworkers; they were like his family. "I-" He looked at his team.

"No, Bookworthy, if you want to, go ahead," said Sunset, her eyes filling with tears.

"We're not worth it," sobbed Lilac.

"Look here, Bookworthy. Whatever you choose, know that we support you and wish you the best of luck in all that you do," said Inkwell, taking Bookworthy's hooves in hers.

Island hung his head. "I know we've just met, but... I'm really going to miss you." Caramel nodded.

Bookworthy look at his dejected team, then turned to Nifty and Breezy. "No," he said.

Nifty and Breezy looked surprised. "No?"

"Yes. I appreciate your offer, but I've decided to turn it down. You see, life isn't going to be the same without them," explained Bookworthy. "They're like my brothers and sisters."

"Awww, Bookworthy," said Discord, wiping away phony tears. "Well, I would be MAD if you left us for them." Team 7C glared at the draconequus. "What? I was just speaking the truth!"

"As obnoxious as Discord can be, he's not wrong. In fact, he is actually right," said Bookworthy. He turned to his team. "I won't ever leave you guys, even if I'm presented with the opportunity to do what I love." Lilac cried tears of joy.

"Wow! I have to give credit to you guys," said Nifty. "You sure have a strong friendship. Well, in that case, we'll go look for another pony for the job, then..."

Caramel stopped Nifty. "Wait! You still haven't told us how you found us!"

Breezy held up a small device. "Face scanner. One of the S.M.I.L.E. agents dropped it," he explained. Caramel nodded.

"Well, in that case, goodbye," said Nifty. He and Breezy waved to the team.

"Wow. You gave up your dream for us... that's a tough decision!" said Island.

"Of course. Nothing is more important than my team. I know first hoof how true that is," replied Bookworthy.

"Nice one, Rainbow Dash," mocked Discord. Bookworthy laughed.

"I've read their journal one too many times, I suppose," said the draconequus.