• Published 31st Jan 2021
  • 1,715 Views, 69 Comments

My Little Pony: Best Gift Ever - Postwarmonkey50



Based on the Christmas special of MLP, but with some changes.

  • ...
6
 69
 1,715

Chapter 2: Finding the perfect presents

From within the Castle of Friendship, Twilight was busy flying around her castle, hanging up the decorations with her magic. Moonlight flew around and helped with the Hearth’s Warming lights, whilst Beau and Emily began to sweep on the floors and decorate the tables, even the spot to place Shining and his family’s bags once they arrive.

As Twilight flew by to hang the next decorations near the door, with Beau walking by, Spike suddenly burst through the doors, taking Beau by surprise, but looked at Spike with a flexed eyebrow as he noticed the dragon frantically looking around.

‘Really Spike?’ said Beau when he was ticked that Spike knocked over the decoration.

‘Oh,’ said Spike as he giggled nervously ‘Sorry.’

As Beau hung the decorations back on, Spike pretended to be oblivious and said ‘Hey, Twilight! Whatcha planning to get your secret pony?’

‘Not sure,’ said Twilight as she continued to hung the decorations ‘We’re getting the Castle ready for my family first, then we’ll shop.’

‘We sure are,’ said Moonlight as she hung the angel ponies with the wreaths ‘I really wanna get my secret ponies something too.’

‘Ponies?’ said Spike.

‘Apparently her secret pony, or ponies in this case, are both Peacon and Lemon Pie.’ said Beau as he whispered to Spike.

‘Ho boy,’ said Spike ‘Knowing those two, it’ll be a nightmare.’

‘Hey, be nice.’ said Emily as she walked by ‘They are Pinkie Pie’s kids after all, what did you expect?’

‘Oh, right.’ said Spike. He then flew over to Twilight and asked ‘Are you planning get something sparkly for your pony? Something fashionable?’

Twilight took out some more lights and said ‘No, those aren’t really the kind of things my pony likes.’

‘Oh,’ said Spike in a disappointing tone, for she didn’t have Rarity. Beau could overhear them and rolled his eyes. Spike then stood on the ground and said ‘Whelp, gotta go, wish me luck.’

‘With, shopping?’ said Twilight in her confused tone.

‘Well, yeah,’ said Spike as he stood near the door ‘If Everypony’s only getting one gift, then we have a ton of responsibility to make sure it’s extra-special good.’

After Spike left, Twilight suddenly looked nervous at the picture of her secret pony, which is Pinkie Pie’s Cutie Mark. ‘I…didn’t think of it that way.’

Beau then noticed that Twilight was biting her finger nervously, which made Beau realized something, as he said to himself ‘Oh no.’

Twilight flew back and forth as she nearly began to freak out and said ‘The present I get for Pinkie Pie should make or break her holiday. I can’t just go shopping and hope to find something nice. This needs forethought, planning, research!!’

Moonlight overheard both Spike and her mother, causing her to gasp as she flew over to her mother and said ‘You’re right. And knowing both Peacon and Lemon Pie, they would want a gift that’s super amazing and that if I get them the wrong gift, they’ll be crushed.’

Now Beau was worried, even Emily when she saw them. Both of them flew down and landed on the ground, with Twilight saying ‘’I’ll decorate later, knowing Pinkie Pie she probably already has a perfect idea on what to get her pony.’, before she bit her finger again.

Moonlight grabbed her mother’s face and said ‘Quick, to the thinking chamber. Bum, bum, bum.’

Twilight looked at her daughter with a flex eyebrow, with Moonlight blushing and said ‘Sorry, trying to create a dramatic effect.’

‘No, you’re right. To the library.’ said Twilight after she and Moonlight teleport.

Beau then slowly crushed the box he was holding, with glass breaking inside whilst he was growling like a rabid dog. He tossed it aside and walked to the door. Right back outside, Spike was still walking until…

‘Yo!!!’

Spike turned around and said ‘Yeah…?’

Suddenly a large book was thrown in Spike’s face, with the cover of the book saying “Beginner’s guide of careful word saying for total morons and idiots”. The book fell off his face, revealing his face was all goofy with spinning eyes and his tongue sticking out, causing Spike to fall flat on his back.

Thanks a lot ya overstuffed gecko milk drinking diamond sniffing Rarity obsessed comic reading sissy maid cower bridge stooge!!!’ shouted Beau, whilst he slammed the castle doors shut.

He turned around and saw Emily looking at him with a stink eye, with Beau saying ‘Hey, he had that coming. Do you have any idea how long it takes to calm those two down whenever they get stressed? Now if you’ll excuse me, I gotta go prepare the stress eating food. Again.’

Beau walked away with a bad mood, with Emily groaning and said ‘I hope Pinkie Pie has much better luck than both Twilight and Spike would.’

Meanwhile, at Sugarcube Corner

Pinkie Pie, Peacon Pie and Lemon Pie were actually on the opposite of that actually, for the three of them were lying down on the same bed as they shouted ‘I have no idea what to get my pony!!’ before covering their faces with their hands.

For within the room, with Frosty trying his best to calm them down, Pinkie’s sisters, Maud, Limestone and Marble Pie decided to come visit her before going back to the farm, with Artifex, his kids and Rocky were with them.

‘There’s a pile of presents right there.’ said Limestone as she pointed at the presents, got up, walked over to them and said ‘Pick one and you’re done.’

‘I don’t think that a random present is going to help much Limey.’ said Artifex whilst he rocked both his children.

‘Hey, whose side are you on?’ said Limestone.

‘Hey, I’m just saying.’ said Artifex, before he turned to Pinkie ‘But your sister’s right Pinkie. You bought so much presents you could give them to over a hundred children, anyone of them can help.’

Pinkie then slowly slid off of the bed, then lifted herself up and said ‘Those were for when I was getting all of my friends matching Hearth’s Warming Hats.’ before she landed on the ground.

‘Yeah,’ said Peacon Pie as he said ‘Do you have any idea how long it took to make those hats! They weren’t exactly cheap to make ya know!’

Pinkie then popped next to Twilight as she shoved a present near Limestone’s nose as she said ‘Now it’s just Twilight.’

‘And it’s gonna be really hard to find and make a present for Moonlight.’ said Lemon Pie as she stood next to her mother before the two of them began to sob.

‘I can’t give one pony a matching present with nothing to match it,’ said Pinkie before she tossed a present in the air, causing it to land on Limestone’s head ‘I need something special for only her!’

Pinkie ended up smashing a present, making both her and Lemon notice. Lemon Pie suddenly looked at her mother with a stink eye and said ‘That better not be the present that I got dad that I spent five hundred bits for.’

Pinkie sheepishly smiled and tossed it away, whilst she rested on her hands, trying to think what to get Twilight.

Maud thought about something and said in her deadpan tone ‘I got it.’

Pinkie looked at Maud, whilst also retaining her smile ‘I don’t think Twilight and Moonlight likes rocks as much as you do, Maud.’

‘She kinda has a point there Maud.’ said Frosty whilst he sat on the bed.

‘Don’t rock it till you try it.’ said Maud as she lifted up a gift box, causing a small rock to spring out of the box with a spring attached, which surprised Marble, making her and Rocky giggle.

Gummy stood on top of one of the boxes on the other hand whilst he stuck his tongue out and his eyes looked in different directions.

‘Thanks for the vote of confidence Gummy,’ said Pinkie Pie as she looked at her pet gator. ‘But this is the biggest holiday challenge we’ve ever faced.’

Pinkie ended up smashing another present, which shocked her a little, then sheepishly smiled, looked at Limestone and handed her the smashed present and said ‘This is for you.’

Frosty then rolled his eyes and said ‘Three, two, one…’

Pinkie then shockingly realized something. ‘Hey, this is the biggest holiday challenge we’ve ever faced!!’ shouted Pinkie Pie, causing her to toss all the presents in the air, with one smashed against Limestone’s face, then tapped her hooves together in excitement ‘How exciting is that?!!

Super duper exciting!!’ shouted both Peacon and Lemon Pie as they jumped in the air together close to their mother.

Limestone tore up the present and blew open the box, revealing her face with her usual expression.

‘Aw,’ said Artifex as he stood in front of Limestone ‘I got a beautiful Limestone.’

Artifex ended up kissing her full on the lips whilst holding the box, until Limestone punched him away, making him crash against the wall and said ‘Not now Artifex.’, but in her own head, she says ‘I’m so sorry.

‘Totally worth it!!’ he called back.

‘Am I up to the challenge,’ said Pinkie as she stood in front of Limestone, then walked over to her sisters as she thought ‘I know I’m good at gift giving…’

‘Which you are.’ said Frosty.

‘But am I the best at gift giving?’

‘Who would say that they’re the best at gift giving?’ said Limestone ‘That’s ridiculous.’

‘Uh…’ said Marble as she was about to say something, only for Pinkie Pie to cut her off as she held onto her face.

‘Marble, you’re a genius.’ said Pinkie Pie after Limestone removed the box from her head ‘Yaks would say that they’re the best at gift-giving. If anypony knows what to do, it’s them!’

Pinkie then looked at her husband and kids, saying ‘Come on, we’re off on a fieldtrip!’

‘Yay!!’ shouted the twins, with Frosty getting up, knowing that this would take a while.

Pinkie and Frosty were able to dress up warmly, as well as their children.

‘We’re gotta go to Yakyakistan.’ said Pinkie after she placed her winter hat on top of her head, then turned to her sisters and said ‘Thanks! These Pie sister talks are the best!’

Pinkie walked over and gave Marble, Maud and Limestone a kiss, so did Peacon and Lemon Pie. They then bounced away, with Frosty saying ‘Don’t worry, I’ll make sure they don’t get into anymore crazy shenanigans.’

Just before he left, Limestone grabbed him and said ‘Where do you think you’re going?’

Frosty was clearly confused. ‘Uh, I was going to…’

‘Aren’t you going to give us a kiss goodbye too?’ said Maud.

‘Wait, what?’ said Frosty. ‘You sure about this?’

‘Mhmm.’ said Marble with her usual smile.

‘Uh, but…’ he pointed at Artifex, who had managed to peal himself off of the wall and was now really dizzy.

‘Eh, it’s okay.’ said Limestone ‘I’ll try to bury it.’

Frosty then shrugged his shoulders and said ‘Uh, okay.’

He gave the three of them kisses by the lips, then departed, with Frosty saying ‘Make sure that they’re safe Rocky.’

Rocky gave a thumbs up, receiving them loud and clear. At the same time, Artifex wobbly walked over to Limestone, then sat down on the ground next to her, whilst Gummy slowly ascended from the air and landed on his head.

Meanwhile, nearby Sugarcube Corner

Spike was walking down the street grumbling, for he couldn’t believe that Beau tossed a book against his face. He suddenly saw Pinkie Pie and the others running by, which would be the perfect opportunity:

‘Pinkie…’ called out Spike.

‘I don’t have Rarity!’ said Pinkie as she zipped by whilst Spike was spinning, even with both Peacon and Lemon Pie running by.

Spike then landed on the ground on his butt. Spike scowled, knowing he’s not gonna have much luck. Before he could put his hat back on, Frosty helped him up.

‘You okay there?’ asked Frosty.

‘No, not really.’ said Spike as he dusted himself.

‘Let me guess, you couldn’t find a Pony who has Rarity’s Cutie Mark?’ asked Frosty.

Spike winced at that, but there was no point in hiding it.

‘Dude,’ said Frosty ‘Get over her already, she’s already married and has a daughter. You’re married to my sister for crying out loud.’

‘I know, I know.’ said Spike. He then felt sad and said ‘But it’s kinda hard. That feeling is still there even after all these years, you know?’

‘You really need to sort out your priorities dude.’ said Frosty ‘Like I don’t know, making sure that my sister becomes happy.’

Spike then perked as he remembered something else ‘Oh, right. Do you have any idea on what I could get Emily? I mean, she is your sister. Do you have any idea what I could get her.’

‘Oh, Spike,’ said Frosty as he chuckled a bit ‘You don’t have to get her anything, she’s not that kind of human.’

‘Come again?’ said Spike.

‘She’s uh…kind of a picky shopper.’ said Frosty, remembering the painful times he went shopping with her years ago. ‘But she’ll love anything you give her. You just have to listen to your heart. If you love her, she’ll understand.’

Spike then smiled, liking the idea ‘Great. Thanks Frosty.’

‘You're welcome,’ said Frosty as he stretched his legs, knowing he has to run far ‘Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a very energetic wife to go after.’

Pinkie suddenly popped up from out of nowhere and said ‘No need, silly filly.’

Pinkie grabbed him and pulled her husband with her. Spike placed his winter hat back on, until a certain family group, aka Silver, Rarity and Crystal Gem, stood near Spike.

‘Oh,’ said Rarity before she chuckled ‘How’s your shopping going Spike?’

Spike suddenly stood up straight and blushed out of embarrassment. ‘Uh, fine.’

However, Crystal Gem noticed the book markings on his face and said ‘Did you get smacked in the face by a book?’

‘Uh-huh.’ said Spike.

Silver then did a deadpan expression, when he realized something, for this was something he had seen before. ‘You said something that made Twilight stress, didn’t you?’

Spike then sheepishly smiled, which was loud and clear, causing the three to groan about it. ‘I might have told her that if we only get one present for one pony and that we had to make sure it was extra special.’ said Spike as he tried to defend himself.

‘Uncle Spike,’ said Crystal ‘You shouldn’t have said something like that. Didn’t you remember what happened last year you said something.’

‘Oh, right.’ said Spike.

‘Besides, we all made a promise not to say anything or never make her stress ever again.’ said Silver.

‘Uh, don’t remind me,’ said Spike as he rubbed his sore face ‘My face still hurts from the book.’

Deciding to change the subject, Rarity whispered to Spike ‘Which Pony did you get?’

‘I can’t…remember?’ said Spike sheepishly, which made Silver notice Spike’s paper still sticking out, and saw it had Rainbow Dash’s Cutie Mark on it, making him realize that Spike was looking for Rarity’s, making him role his eyes at this.

‘I’ve got Applejack, darling.’ said Rarity ‘She’s going to adore her present. There’s a brilliant designer in Manehattan, Fedora Felt, who makes the most marvelous hats. I asked for a new take on western chic that would be the envy of every farm pony in Equestria.’

Silver then playfully said ‘Even when I kept reminding her that Applejack would never wear another hat, considering she had her hat since she was a filly.’, causing Rarity to playfully stick her tongue out.

‘That’s a great gift Rarity.’ said Spike, liking the idea. ‘I hope I can find something for my pony as special as you are.’

Spike suddenly realized what he said, causing him to quickly re-correct himself as he said ‘Uh, she is. Uh…bye.’

Before Spike left, Crystal Gem grabbed him, causing him to fall on his back, whilst she said ‘You should’ve asked what Emily wants. I mean she is your wife after all.’

‘Oh, right.’ said Spike. He dusted himself and asked ‘Do you guys have any idea what I can get her.’

‘Well,’ said Silver as he thought out loud ‘You can always give her a music box.’

‘Oh of course,’ said Rarity ‘There’s a store nearby that sells music boxes. A pony named Musical Melody makes the perfect music of any kind for her music boxes. I’m sure she would help out.’

‘Great.’ said Spike, knowing that there would be one part of the stress that can be off of his chest. ‘See you later.’

As Spike flew off, Silver, Rarity and Crystal Gem continued to walk down their path, Silver said ‘You’d think he’d be more focused on what to get his wife instead of thinking about you again.’

‘Oh hush you,’ said Rarity ‘I know he had a crush on me ever since he and Twilight moved to Ponyville, but let the dear be. It’s kind of flattering to have a crush.’

‘Besides father,’ said Crystal Gem as she playfully nudged him and said ‘Weren’t you in the same kind of boat when both Sassy Saddles and Coco Pommel had a crush on you when you first met them.’

‘Oh it would’ve been a lot more fun,’ said Silver as he suddenly changed his tone ‘If the both of them hadn’t dressed up like nude models just to win my affections.’

‘They did what?!’ said Rarity as she was slightly appalled by what they did.

Meanwhile, at the other side of Ponyville

Fluttershy, Genus, Warm Breeze and Comfy Breeze continued to walk down the path to one of the shops, trying to find a gift for Fluttershy’s Pony. But Rainbow Dash on the other hand had no idea what to get Fluttershy, so she decided to ask her of what she could get her. Unfortunately she wasn’t having any luck. For like Maud, she was simply impossible to shop for, which both Bolt and Bolt Jr. knew about, but they had a hard time convincing Dash to change her mind and to trust her instincts when it comes to presents.

‘Okay,’ said Rainbow Dash, trying to figure out from Fluttershy what to give her ‘What about your favorite food?’

‘Oh,’ said Fluttershy as she realized something ‘I couldn’t possibly pick just one. What if I hurt the other foods’ feelings.’

Bolt slapped his forehead, with Bolt Jr. groaning as he mumbled ‘You cannot be serious.’

‘Right,’ said Rainbow Dash as she rolled her eyes, but then forced herself a smile as she tried to keep her composure ‘But there’s gotta be something you really, really like.’

‘I really, really like…’ said Fluttershy as she thought about something, which caused Dash to lean in, but Fluttershy just said ‘Everything.’

Rainbow ended up getting a deadpan expression, of this was getting her nowhere, with Bolt and Bolt Jr. feeling the same way.

‘Why do you ask?’ asked Fluttershy, causing Rainbow to quickly perk up.

‘Just getting gift ideas.’ said Rainbow Dash, trying to change the subject ‘Uh, for my pony. Who isn’t you.’

Bolt rolled his eyes, for this was getting nowhere. Genus noticed it and figured that Rainbow picked Fluttershy’s Cutie Mark and was wondering what to give her. When it came to secret gifts, they’re supposed to be a secret. But to ask what you want, is just lazy thinking.

Fluttershy stood near the windows to look at what they were selling, with Rainbow trying one more time. ‘Is there anything you don’t like?’

‘Hmm,’ said Fluttershy as she was in thought. She then just smiled and said ‘Not, liking things.’

That set Rainbow off, and she was so frustrated, she just took off, with Bolt and Bolt Jr. having no choice but to go after her and attempt to help her out in some other way.

‘I hoped that helped!’ said Fluttershy whilst she was waving goodbye to Dash.

Genus just nodded at Fluttershy, even though she can be cute, she can also be naïve. ‘Uh, honey?’ said Genus.

‘Yes?’ said Fluttershy as she looked at him.

‘You do realize she’s trying to ask what to give you for Hearth’s Warming, right?’

‘Oh, I know.’ said Fluttershy, much to Genus’ and the kids’ shock.

‘Wait, you already knew?’ said Warm Breeze.

‘Mhmm,’ said Fluttershy with her usual angelic smile ‘I was curious to know what the others were getting, so I asked my animal friends to help me figure out who got who.’

‘But mom,’ said Warm Breeze ‘If you knew she had you, why didn’t you say anything?’

‘Well if I told her it wouldn’t be much of a surprise,’ said Fluttershy ‘That’s why it’s called a secret Hearth’s Warming Helper.’

Genus could see the smirk on her face, which made him smirk too as he said ‘Oh, you clever little pony.’ said Genus, causing Fluttershy to giggle.

She then went back to the window and looked at the pretty necklace on the display. She then looked at her note and figured that her pony would like it. That is, until Spike came along and was trying to pry her for information.

‘Hey Fluttershy,’ said Spike, gaining their attention as they looked at him. He then looked in the window and saw the necklace ‘Thinking of getting that for your Hearth’s Warming Helper?’

‘Mm-hmm,’ said Fluttershy ‘She loves shiny things.’

This made Spike have a sneaky smile, which caused Genus to notice. He rolled his eyes and said within his own thoughts ‘Of course the dragon would ask for Rarity.’

Spike then pretended to overreact and said ‘I wish I knew what my secret pony wanted. She’s so hard to shop for.’

‘Oh no,’ said Fluttershy, causing Genus to slap his forehead, much to Warm Breeze and Comfy Breeze’s confusion, for they didn’t realize that Fluttershy fell for it hook, line and sinker ‘Maybe I could help. Unless you don’t want to…’

‘Rainbow Dash.’ said Spike simply as he showed Fluttershy his Hearth’s Warming pony.

‘Oh,’ said Fluttershy as she perked up ‘I was just talking to Rainbow Dash about these…’

‘Great idea,’ said Spike as he cut her off ‘We should trade ponies.’

Spike instantly traded it with her, whilst holding Rarity’s cutie mark drawing as he felt giddy on the inside, with Genus placing his hand on his forehead.

‘Wait, trade?’ asked Fluttershy.

‘Well, Applejack said that it’s not against the rules,’ said Spike ‘And you know what Dash likes.’

‘Now that Uncle Spike mentioned it,’ said Warm Breeze as he thought about what Spike had said ‘He kinda does have a point.’

Spike looked at Rarity’s cutie mark and gave a pretend gasp at that whilst saying ‘Rarity? What a surprise. Thanks!’

Spike immediately dashed off straight back towards the castle, with Genus rolling his eyes and slapping his forehead, whilst Fluttershy looked at Dash’s cutie mark.

‘There you are.’ came a voice. Genus and Fluttershy and their kids looked at the direction, which were none other than Applejack, Bucky and Apple Slice, who were clearly looking for them. ‘Ah need your help.’

‘Do you want to trade names too?’ asked Fluttershy as she showed Dashie’s cutie mark.

‘What? No.’ said Applejack as she gently pushed Fluttershy’s hand away ‘Ah just need help figuring out what to get Spike.’

‘Phew.’ said Fluttershy as she sighed in relief.

Bucky went over and saw the look on Genus’ face. ‘Let me guess,’ said Bucky ‘Spike asked if you guys had Rarity’s name and he fooled Fluttershy into trading it?’

‘Yep.’ said Genus as he moved his hand away from his face ‘How’d you guess?’

‘He asked the three of us after we left.’ said Bucky.

‘I thought he would’ve gotten over his crush on her by now, I mean he’s already married.’ said Genus.

‘That’s what I said too.’ said Bucky.

Meanwhile, at the center of Ponyville

From the center of town, both Starlight and Chance walked through the town, for Starlight had Trixie’s Cutie Mark and wondering what to get her.

‘Hmm,’ said Starlight as she was deep in thought ‘What to get, what to get.’

‘What the heck does Trixie even like?’ asked Chance ‘From what Twilight once told me she was really impossible to shop once.’

‘Good question,’ said Starlight ‘Trixie can be really picky too. Not to mention I wanted to get her a bigger wagon, but last time I did that, we ended up at each other’s throats about it.’

‘Yeah, too bad we can’t just buy her a house.’

Starlight stood still and grabbed Chance’s hand, making him stop in the progress.

‘Wait, what did you say?’ asked Starlight.

‘A house,’ said Chance ‘You know, for her to lay down and not in her wagon all the time. I mean she and Mystic are getting married a few weeks after Hearth’s Warming and Trixie’s going to have a baby soon. And believe me, she can’t raise a kid inside a wagon, that’s no way of living.’

Starlight grabbed Chance’s face and kissed him. Then broke the kiss as she said ‘Chance, you’re a genius. We’ll get her a large enough house so that she can live in it.’

‘But where are we going to find a pony to help us find a house,’ said Chance ‘All of them are gone for the holidays.’

‘True,’ said Starlight ‘But I know of one pony who’s still around. We just need to find him.’

‘Lead the way.’ said Chance, allowing them to quickly move past most of the shops.

But unknown to them, after they passed through one of the shops, Rainbow Dash had just come out of the shop, with Bolt and Bolt Jr. in tow. She did not look happy, for because of the fact she couldn’t get Fluttershy to say what she wanted, she was somewhat disappointed that she couldn’t find a proper present.

‘Candle. Great. Whatever. Fluttershy-shopping done.’ said Rainbow Dash as she grumbled.

‘Dashie.’ said Bolt, clearly worried.

‘Don’t start Bolt,’ said Rainbow Dash ‘I tried to ask her, but she wouldn’t even give me a proper answer.’

‘But still,’ said Bolt Jr. ‘I wish we could’ve done something better.’

Rainbow Dash sighed as she rubbed her son’s head whilst she said ‘I know squirt. But I just don’t know what else to do.’

When all of a sudden, someone scoffed, causing them to stop. The candle suddenly turned itself around, and surprisingly, it has a face on it.

‘You can’t honestly be serious.’ said the candle, which is none other than Discord himself.

‘Ghost Candle!!’ shouted Rainbow Dash, causing her to throw Discord against the wall.

After Discord landed on the ground, he dusted himself and said ‘A candle is what you buy when you have no idea what to get somepony.’

Rainbow Dash groaned, for out of all the creatures and sometimes ponies that annoyed her, Discord of all creatures stopped her, which made her land on the ground with her hooves, with her husband and son following suit.

‘What do you want, Discord?’ said Rainbow Dash in an annoyed tone.

‘Now Dashie,’ said Bolt ‘Be good to your fellow creature. No one likes a sourpuss on Hearth’s Warming of all days.’

‘What?’ said Rainbow Dash ‘Out of all the creatures, you know he and I have sometimes trouble to getting along.’

‘That’s because you never tried.’ said Discord, which made her scoff, but in truth, he was not wrong.

‘Now behave.’ said Bolt. Until he smirked, moved next to her and said ‘Or no more naptime snuggles.’

Dash’s face immediately went red, which made her said ‘S-shut up.’. But then she suddenly changed her tone as she crossed her arms and looked away whilst partially pouting, saying ‘I like your naptime snuggles.’

Bolt couldn’t help but chuckle as he slowly wrapped his arm around Rainbow Dash. ‘That you do.’ said Bolt before he kissed his wife by the cheek and nuzzled against her face, which made her blush, but couldn’t help but make her smile.

‘Oh, Discord,’ said Bolt Jr. as he held onto a large coffee mug ‘I got something for you.’

Discord teleported in his normal body, with Bolt Jr. giving him the mug. Discord then read out loud ‘ “World’s most awesomest Champion of Chaos and sassiest magic user”.’

Discord then looked at the mug with a flexed eyebrow, as did the parents, whilst at the same time, they looked at Bolt Jr.

‘Bought this at a local coffee store, what are the odds?’ said Bolt Jr., which prompted his father to laugh a bit too. ‘Anyway,’ said Bolt Jr. ‘What can we do for you Discord?’

Discord teleported in front of them, whilst floating around and said ‘Fluttershy told me about this Hearth’s whatever it’s called. I may not be invited, but I wanted to make sure she has a quality gift.’

Discord took the candle and threw it in a garbage bin with a pouty face. Rainbow Dash took it out, dusted the candle and said ‘I tried asking her what she likes. But she likes everything.’

‘Well, she says that.’ said Discord with a smile, but then got serious as he moved his face toward hers ‘But her real friends know what she actually likes.’

Rainbow, who was not pleased by what Discord said, said with an angry face ‘I’ve known her a lot longer than you have.’

When all of a sudden ‘Ahem?’

Dash looked at Bolt, who looked at her with his arms crossed and flexed eyebrow. ‘What?’ responded Rainbow Dash.

‘Do you want me to go all lecture mode on you again?’ said Bolt.

‘What do you mean?’ said Dash.

‘Like I said,’ said Bolt ‘You can’t force others to do the same thing you liked. You could’ve just backed off and you ended up getting kicked in the gut and a nearly fractured rib because of it.’

‘Not to mention the time you belittled her when you went to face the dragon.’ said Bolt Jr.

‘Or that time you wanted her to help her fellow Pegasi to transfer water to Cloudsdale.’ said Discord.

‘Or that time when she made Rarity jealous when she got popular with fashion.’ said Bolt.

Before Rainbow Dash could retort, Junior said ‘Mom, you said you’ve known her a lot longer than any of us, but Discord has a point. Plus you know very well that Fluttershy is never comfortable doing things that you wanted to do, and you could’ve said no when she wanted you to go with watching the butterflies.’

‘Indeed you could.’ said Discord, who suddenly teleported a few inches from them, whilst also wearing a purple ring master outfit with top hat, whilst holding a ring over a candle flame, two ramps and tons of sheep with different colors jump through the hoop whilst not getting touched by the flames.

‘Then you must surely know,’ said Discord as he began to show off again ‘That lit candles around adorably flammable animals, make her nervous, don’t you?’

‘He kinda does have a point.’ said Bolt.

Rainbow Dash looked at the candle, and was now clearly frustrated and angry. She then groaned, threw the candle away whilst she grumbled ‘Fine, I’ll get her something else.’ before she flew away, with Bolt and Bolt Jr. following suit.

As they flew away, Discord suddenly flew alongside them, wearing a pilot’s hat and a scarf, as well as a steering wheel in both his hands.

‘Perhaps I’ll tag along,’ said Discord after he removed the pilot goggles from his eyes ‘To steer you in the right direction.’

As he turned, he instantly grabbed Rainbow Dash with his tail, with Bolt and Junior hot on her tail.

At the same time, Trixie, who walks down the street with Mystic beside her, wonders what to give Starlight.

‘The Great and Powerful Trixie is so happy that she gets to give her best friend Starlight Glimmer a present.’ said Trixie as she kept boasting.

‘And yet,’ said Mystic whilst he couldn’t help but smirk ‘You have no idea what to get her.’

‘Hey.’ said Trixie. Just as she was about to further boast, she then made a sad face with drooped eats, saying ‘Okay, Trixie has no idea what to get her.’

Mystic thought about something, then said ‘We could always give her a book.’

‘Too Twilight.’ said Trixie.

‘Maybe tickets to a flight show?’

‘Too Rainbow Dash.’

‘What about a dress?’

‘Too Rarity.’

‘An animal?’

‘Too Fluttershy, although she was close into getting one last year.’

‘A trip to Appaloosa?’

‘Too Applejack, plus I’m not sure that she would want to get a rude awakening from Applejack’s noisy yet annoying cousin.’

‘A week worth’s supply of chocolate?’

‘What is she, Pinkie Pie?’

Mystic then sighed as he thought out loud ‘Too bad that we can’t make her the president of a kite flying club. There aren’t that many Kite flyers and not to mention I don’t think…’

Trixie, who perked up after what he said, immediately held him close to her face as she said ‘Mystic, you’re a genius.’

‘I am?’ said Mystic in confusion.

‘Yes. Follow Trixie!!’ she said loudly, causing her to pull her husband behind her.

Later, back at the Castle of Friendship. Spike, who got a gift for Emily and now can focus on getting Rarity one, walked into his room and closed the door behind him, whilst looking at Rarity’s name and held the note close to him.

‘I can’t wait to give Rarity her gift,’ said Spike after he walked to the center of the room and placed Emily’s gift, now fully wrapped present on the table ‘It’ll be just as special and beautiful and amazing as she is. Just imagine, when she opens it and sees…uh…sees…’

He looked around, his dragon ears drooped, with his widened saucer eyes, he realized his biggest error.

‘I have no idea what to get her!!!’ he yelled loudly, whilst holding his head and sat down panicking.