• Published 26th Jan 2021
  • 3,382 Views, 49 Comments

Equestria Ninja Girls Shining Digital Alliance - WarriorofFaith18

  • ...
10
 49
 3,382

Diminishing Hope PT 2

It didn’t take long for Veemon and Davis to return with the snacks for everyone.

“I got the bowls as requested. Popcorn for everyone!” Davis declared.

“I even got Ice Cream Kitty to give popsicles for everyone.” Veemon added, passing them around.

"Well that was real thoughtful of you, Veemon." Sunset smiled.

As they all enjoyed their snacks and drinks, Spike spoke up. “So, what happened next?”

Seeing Shine Boy was trying to finish chewing, Karai decided to continue. “Well, After Shine Boy saved me, we actually sat down and talked to each other.”

(Resume Flashback)

Shine Boy and Karai sat by the side of a building, explaining to each other they’re story to each other.

Shine Boy took a deep breath. “I’m so sorry about what you went through.”

“Thank you. And I’m sorry I tried blowing you off earlier. I’m not much of a team player.” Karai sighed.

“From what I heard, you’re usually solo. Even when you worked for this Shredder.”

Karai nodded as Shine Boy continued. “I heard about Shredder from a friend of mine who’s also a ninja. He told me to stay away from him. We fight enough tough opponents that I believe him.”

“Who is your friend?” Karai asked.

“Maybe I’ll introduce you to him someday.” Shine Boy got up and stretched. “Right now, I’ve got to find Diminish. Knowing him, he’ll probably find an innocent to attack since he didn’t get his target. And I could use some help.”

“A partnership? After everything that happened?” Karai raised her brow.

“I think if we work together, we’ll stand a chance of beating him.”

Karai nodded and the two started to jump from building to building.

----

Meanwhile, Diminish was observing a crowded area downtown. He was ready to throw a kunai at the
people below when he had to deflect a boomerang and a couple shruiken and saw Shine Boy and Karai running towards him.

Diminish smiled to himself. “Figures you’d survive your swim and save your new friend. I guess I get my trophy after all.” He drew his swords.

Shine Boy pulled out his staff while Karai drew her tanto blade and the two attacked. This time, the two were working together and were able to be a match against Diminish. During the struggle,
the three landed on the trailer of a rolling semi. Shine Boy threw his Shine-a-rangs at Diminish only for him to slice them with his swords.

“I’m amazed you can even work with your new friend, Boy.” Diminish taunted. “Do you even know who she is.”

“I do.” Shine Boy declared. “Her name is Karai, daughter of Hamato Yoshi!”

“She works for the warlord known as the Shredder!”

Suddenly, he was taken by Karai in her serpent form. She reverted to her human form and held the hunter by his throat. “Not anymore. And now you will pay for your involvement with my mother’s killer!”

Diminish scoffed. “I only did a hit job once for Shredder. He offered me a place in the Foot Clan, but I refused. I was lucky to leave with my life!”

“Anyone who worked for Shredder is on my hit list! Even once!” Karai held her sword at his throat.

“Are you going to kill me, Child?” Diminish showed no fear. “if you are, you are no different than Oroku Saki.”

Shine Boy worried for Karai as she glared at Diminish. Finally, she put her blade away and threw him aside. “Just hope you never cross my path ever again.”

“Yes. Of course.” As he began to sneak away, Diminish secretly pulled out a kunai. “As you wish………..you foolish little BRAT!”

Just as Diminish was about to throw the Kunai, he was hit by a ray of light from behind. Karai looked as Shine Boy blasted his Shine Power at Diminish, knocking him out.

Shortly after leaving the semi, Shine Boy and Karai watched on the roof as the police took Diminish in custody. Seeing Karai with a stern look on her face, Shine Boy turned to leave before Karai spoke without turning around. “Leaving without saying goodbye?”

“I didn’t think you wanted to be bothered by it.” Shine Boy answered.

“I came to find Diminish to usurp Shredder’s hold on the Foot. I find out Diminish hasn’t been in The Foot for years.” Karai sighed.

“I’m Sorry.”

“It wasn’t a total waste. Seeing us working together made me realise I need help to achieve this goal.”

Karai then turned and walked up to Shine Boy. Then leaned closer and pecked him on the cheek.
“Thank you, Shine Boy, for helping me see that.”

“Happy to help. So, what are you gonna do now?”

“I think I’ll head back to Japan. I know a friend there who can help. Then I’ll make Shredder pay for what he did to my family.”

And with that, Karai jumped from the roof and when Shine Boy looked, she was gone.

“I hope you find the peace you seek.” Shine Boy was about to leave when he noticed a note tucked in his utility belt. He opened it and read it.

“Took the liberty to find your phone number. Don’t call me. I’ll call you.
-Karai”

Shine Boy smiled while looking back before heading home.

(End of flashback)

“And that’s how I met Karai.” Shine Boy finished before biting into his popsicle.

"Amazing." Cody awed.

“That was great! I’m glad you were both able to defeat Diminish!” Veemon smiled.

"Let's hope we never meet this Diminish." Sunset stated as the others agreed.

“It would explain why we haven’t seen you a while after the Triceraton Invasion, Karai.” Leo pointed.

“yep. Of course, after that, I built my forces with help from Shinigami. The rest is history.”

“As mentioned, me and the rest of Team Shine had to go to another world for another mission. When we tried to go home, Earth was destroyed, curtesy of this Black hole generator. With help from our friends from that world, Gamer found the timeline where you guys stopped The Triceraton Invasion and we made it home. My only regret is that I couldn’t help you guys. It might have made a difference.” Shine Boy sighed.

Sunset smiled. “I’m sure what you had to do was just as important. I’m also glad you don’t blame Fugitoid what happened.”

“I’m just glad he destroyed that thing and we had a home to go back to.” Shine Boy smiled back as Gamer agreed.

“That. And the fact The Krang were mainly responsible to begin with.”

“Has Diminish come back after that?” Cody asked.

“He has. But we’ve been able to beat him time after time.” Shine Boy stated.

“I bet.” Grinned Spike.

“I took us four plus another one to beat him those time.”

“Who’s the other one?” Twilight asked out of curiosity.

Shine Boy and Gamer looked at each other as Shine Boy sighed. “Our older brother, Luke. He’s….. not exactly a nice guy. The media calls him Night Shine.”

"I just hope you guys never meet HIM!" Gamer grimaced.

--------

Meanwhile, In the Chinatown of New York, a figure was walking on the sidewalk. He had long brown hair, wore a leather jacket over a black jersey and black pants and sneakers. On his jacket was a sheath carrying a machete. He passed by an alley where The Purple Dragons were hanging when they noticed him. The figure didn’t seem to notice them walking up on him. Sid put his foot out to trip him, but the figure unknowingly walked over it. Tsoi walked up to him.

“What’s up, my man? You look like you ain’t from around here.”

“Your point?” the figure glared.

“Maybe the Purple Dragons can give you an eventful tour.” Tsoi sneered.

“Pass.” The figure started to walk off only for Chong to block him.

“Maybe you didn’t hear us.” Chong reached to the figure only for the figure to grab him first.

“No. YOU didn’t hear me.” The figure cracked Chong’s arm and as he clenched his fist, dark energy began to radiate off it. “He’ll live. But that’s just a taste!” As he walked away, Hun watched from the shadows, growling.

“Should we go after him?” Tsoi asked the giant turtle.

“No.” Hun answered. “Something about him makes me think that would be a bad idea. Maybe we’ll get lucky and he’ll take down the turtles.”

Hun watched the figure walk away as Tsoi and Sid drag Chong back in the alley.

To Be Continued

Author's Note:

- Shine Boy's ninja friend is my OC Judora. his design is in my Cartoon Project folder on Deviantart.

- I also wanna point out I am NOT shipping Shine Boy with Karai! If you read my Christmas fiction, Shine Boy has a girlfriend named Serenity. Karai and Shine Boy are just good friends!

- I had to come up with a good reason why Shine Boy wasn't around during The Triceraton Invasion to keep with continuity. best I could come up with is being in another world.

- Who's the dark figure in the end? Just look at mine and 's pictures of Shining Digital Alliance on Deviantart.