• Published 24th Jan 2021
  • 1,246 Views, 5 Comments

The Moment Our Eyes Met - SweetCarol



On the eve of her wedding, Apple Bloom remembers when her feelings for her fiance changed overnight, which left her immensely confused.

  • ...
4
 5
 1,246

Chapter 3

And Apple Bloom thought that being late for the first time was a bad thing, that really wasn't her day.

"No, I can't be stuck in here with you for 2 hours, not with me!" She said, hitting the wall where she was leaning as a way to escape and failed miserably.

"Calm down AB, everything will be fine, when you see, those two hours will fly by."

Incredibly, those words he just said soothed her. She gave a tired sigh and took a dictionary out of her purse, which she always carried with her in case any of her students asked the meaning of something.

She opened the small book on any page and began to read the meaning of the words that started with "E", pretending not to notice that he, too, had sat on the floor.

"What's this book about?" Spike asked, approaching her to read.

"Oh no." She said mentally, as she leaned in the opposite direction with every inch he approached her, to prevent her hidden longings from getting out of control.

"It's just a dictionary and nothing much, Spike go 10 steps to there, please go 10 steps to there!" She said, in a reflex, dropping the dictionary and pressing the hooves on his body to stop him from approaching. "Now stop it or I'll ..."

"Uhh, you're touching my chest."

As soon as Apple Bloom saw what she was doing, she rested her hooves on her head and screamed.

"AHHHHHH. Could it get any worse?"

"Don't say ..." Spike tried to warn her, but gave up when he saw that she had already said.

"What? What am I not supposed to say?" She asked as she picked up the book and put it back in her purse.

"It's the rule of the movies: You should never, under any circumstances, say, could it get any worse."

"We're not in a dumb movie or something!" She said, right after all the lights went out and they were in total darkness.

"I don't wanna say I told you, but ..."

"If you ever say "I told you so", you're going to spit out something other than fire for 1 month!" She threatened him furiously.

A deafening silence came between them again, which was not pleasant, as they couldn't see each other. It seemed that they were alone inside of a lonely dark elevator. They both wanted to say something, but waiting for which one would take the first step to speak and start a conversation.

"... Hey." Apple Bloom muttered under her breath, but Spike listened to her, without the vision, their other senses were heightened.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Why are ya teasing me so much? Is it, like, a rematch of all the trouble I got you into when we were younger?" She finally asked, hoping he didn't take her wrong.

Spike thought.

He felt that he wasn't ready to tell Apple Bloom that, the last time he and Twilight were at the School of Friendship because of some problems that only they could solve, he saw her again.

And now after so many years, she looked so pretty and so cute in his eyes, Spike couldn't explain, but there was something about her that made her never leave his thoughts.

But he still wasn't ready if she might rejected his feelings.

It was even funny how everything can change, love comes when you least expect it and for someone you least expect it.

"... No, I'd never do that. I didn't know you were bothered by this, I'm so sorry. I just want to resume that friendship that we had in the years I lived in Ponyville. I mean, if you want to, too."

Apple Bloom felt her heart being touched by each of those words, it wouldn't be so bad at all if they get close again.

"A-are you... Are you being sincere?"

"From all my heart."

In the dark where he couldn't see, she didn't have to hide when a blush spread over her face.

"Then it's fine, we can get close again!" She happily accepted.

Both reacted with smiles, but inside they were celebrating as if they were already dating. They started talking about other subjects and were even happier to discover that they now had more in common than before.

When Apple Bloom opened her mouth to start another conversation, she was slightly startled when another noise cut through the brief silence instead of her and the lights went on.

"The elevator is moving!" Spike announced happily, although he didn't even watch time go by while talking to Apple Bloom.

"The elevator is moving!" She repeated it with the same joy and they hugged each other, celebrating like two kids having just discovered that they were going to an amusement park.

The metal doors opened again and all the students, including the tour guide, gaped when they found the two hugging as if something had happened between them, while Cathy and Stellar Aura smiled widely.

Upon noticing that they were being seen, the mare and the dragon quickly parted, with an embarrassed blush spread all across their faces.

"See? I told it, pay it!" Stellar Aura said, extending her hoof to another of her classmates, a changeling named Sonny.

Sonny snorted and reluctantly gave her 4 bits.

Time skip...

"Well, I guess this is it." Apple Bloom said, when they finally returned to school and the little students went home.

"Yes." Spike agreed, unsure how to start a conversation.

"Amazingly, until I had fun in that elevator. Except for the slap."

"Hey, I already apologized, are you going to blame me for the rest of our lives now?" He joked.

"OK sorry." She said between laughs.

"Hey, you ... You allow me walk you home?" He asked.

"YES, A MILLION TIMES YES!" Apple Bloom screamed, in her mind.

"S-sure, I don't see why not." She replied with a shrug.

Meanwhile, Sweetie Belle finished the soup that Scootaloo made for her and was surprised, but happy to notice that her nostrils were unclogged.

"I have a good feeling that tomorrow I'll feel a lot better!" She said optimistically.

"I hope so." Scootaloo smiled.

Shortly thereafter, the orange mare started to hear 2 people talking outside the house.

"Hey, are you listening?" She asked in a whisper.

Sweetie Belle was silent and also began to listen.

"It looks like Apple Bloom, but is she with somepony else?"

"I think so, but there's only one way to find out."

The unicorn agreed and the two started to peer out of the second-floor window.

When they saw it, they couldn't believe what they were seeing and held on as long as possible to keep from shouting with excitement.

"Well, I think I better go home." He said.

Apple Bloom tried, but couldn't hide the sadness she felt for him to leave. Spike soon noticed and tried to cheer her up.

"Hey, see you tomorrow ok?"

Apple Bloom forced a small smile, suddenly all the hair on her tail stood up when she felt his lips plant a delicate kiss on her right cheek, she felt like she was about to pass out from the wave of emotions that came over her.

But she soon restrained herself and acted naturally, which wouldn't last for the next 20 seconds. As soon as Apple Bloom was sure he was finally gone, she screamed and jumped, now 100% sure she was in love.

She gave a passionate sigh as she walked through the door. Everything was dark, she turned on the lights in the room and got scared when saw her best friends with smiles on their faces and sending her suggestive looks.

"... W-what?" She asked, while her cheeks flushed again.