• Published 2nd Feb 2021
  • 2,465 Views, 26 Comments

FizzleFloat, Filly of Chaos - FizzleFloat



When Discord breaks free from his stone prison a human is sent to Equestria as a pony and all chaos breaks loose.

  • ...
8
 26
 2,465

Trick or treat

An unspecified amount of time later...

I am so exited. In a few days the pony equivalent of my favorite celebration, Halloween would be here... Nightmare Night.

Yes, Nightmare Night, the day of monsters and creepiness, and especially a time for mischief. Oh, I had been preparing for this event; in fact I had quite the performance planned for during the days leading up to it. And what a plan it is.

Now I admit that this is probably a very risky thing to be doing so early on, but I can't help it; this is going to be my first Nightmare Night in equestria and I want it to be special. And as to how it is risky, well, let's just say that what I'm going to do might put me on the current princesses radar. Yes, this plan is incredibly risky and possibly insane.

But also incredibly and insanely fun.

Today will be the first day of my performance; I had made a paper dummy in the form of Discord, of course there were a few flaws in its design but give me a break, I had to make it from memory so it's not exactly perfect. But it's perfect enough, especially since I'll be using my magic to make it look like the real deal, so any mistakes I made would be smoothed over and overlooked.

Turning my body into mist, I entered into the paper Discord which would be my puppet. My misty form filled the inside of the dummy of which I had left hollow, allowing me to easily shape my form to his; then my magic seeped out, wrapping around my paper creation, slowly giving it a more solid and lifelike skin. My misty form on the inside became firmer as well allowing me to control the puppets body. Opening my eyes I overlooked my new form.

"Well this is a splendid work of art," i said, stretching a little to test out its durability.
"I must say I have really outdone myself."
I felt as if there there was something wrong, something missing, and then I realized that it was my voice. I still sounded like myself, nothing like Discord.
"Heh heh, I almost forgot to change my voice," I say, laughing to myself, "going around as Discord with a girly voice would have been amusing."

After regaining my composure, I continue, "But of course such a small problem can easily be fixed." Waving my now glowing claw to my throat. "Just a little bit of magic," my voice changes to sound more like Discord's, "And, voilà! Problem solved."
Floating into the air, I needed to keep up an appearance after all, I teleported away.

...

I teleported to a few random locations, outside of any towns of course; I wanted to terrorize a few traveling ponies not have townsponies call the guard on me or worse the princesses themselves. You may wonder why I didn't include the mane six, well you see, I'm not exactly worried about them using the elements on me since I'm pretty sure I can teleport away from them faster than they could activate them. Discord only failed because he misjudged the strength of their friendship; I on the other hoof am not so quick to disregard such danger.

I finally found a lone pony pulling a small cart, an earth pony stallion. I watched him, giggling as I decided what I was going to do to him; breathing in and then exhaling, regaining my composure, I took up my Discord role again. I knew exactly what I was going to do.

The stallion's journey had been a dull one; he was traveling to a different town in order to advertise some of his small businesses products. You know, small businesspony trying to move up in the world. But that's not important; you see, while his journey had been dull, for the past few minutes he had felt as if something was following him. Occasionally he would see a figure move out the corner of his eyes, but he just assumed that his eyes were playing tricks on him. It was almost Nightmare Night after all. 'It's just early jitters is all. ' he tried to reason with himself. That was until he heard a low chuckle which seemed to resonate from all around him.

"Wh-who's there!" He could not see who was stalking him, only hearing the the whoosh of air as the creature moved around him. The stallion soon tried to flee only to dig his hooves into the ground, forcing himself to stop as an enormous serpentine creature appeared suddenly in front of him.

"Ah HAHAHA! Oh, you should have seen the look on your face... priceless!" The creature laughed some more, wiping a non-existent tear from his eye.
"Who are you?" The stallion questioned the creature while trying not to panic.
Chuckling again the creature responded, "well if you must know, I am Discord the spirit of chaos and disharmony." The now named Discord finished his introduction with an explosion of confetti and party sound makers, and bowing in a way one might do in a play.

Standing upright again Discord started walking towards the stallion. "And just what might be your name, fine stallion?"
The stallion couldn't understand why this creature wanted to know his name, but it obviously couldn't be good.
"I'm not telling you anything monster!"
The stallion yelled while backing away from him quickly, but was unable to get very far as he bumped into a brick wall that hadn't been there before.
"Monster? How can you say something like that?" 'Discord' says with mock hurt. "And here I thought that we were going to be best friends!" He started cackling like an insane pony soon after saying that.
Regaining his composure, Discord continued, "A pity that is, I would have loved to know the name of the pony who I'm going to terrorize." Hearing that caused the stallion to break out into a cold sweat. 'What could this creature possibly want to do to me?'

As if the creature read his mind, it answers, "Well, as you know it is close to Nightmare Night, and I decided that I wantes to play a little game with you."
"What k-kind of game?"
Inspecting his talons, Discord replied, "Oh, nothing much, just a little game of cat and mouse, where I'm the cat and you're the mouse."
The stallion did not like the sound of that.
"It's a simple game really," Discord says while dressed like a professor, acting as if he was teaching a class, "your objective is to outrun me, if you succeed in making it out of my range you get to go on your merry way." Discord then makes eye-contact with the stallion with a feral look on his face, "But if I catch you, well... You know what the cat does to the mouse."

The stallion could only stare in horror at him.
"And as a show of good sport, I'll give you a head start; but just so you know, there's no guarantee that I'll count correctly, so..."
As Discord started counting down, the stallion finally snapped out of it and fled; not long after roots started popping out of the ground, trying to hit or wrap around his limbs. This went on for a while, the stallion was breathing hard from having to dodge so many roots and had some scratches on his body from the few that had been able to successfully strike him.

Obviously I was purposely missing as wasn't actually trying to hurt him; I did not care about winning, the only thing I wanted was to scare him. That and slowly start some rumors about a potentially escaped Discord.

I kept this up for a while, just until I saw a town off in the distance. Once I did I pulled back, making the roots disappear, the ground now looking as if nothing had disturbed it. I watched as the stallion galloped towards town, where he would tell them of his experience.

"Ah HAHAHA, that was really fun!"

"And now it's time to find my next victim of the night." I say before teleporting to a new location.