• Published 6th Jan 2021
  • 139 Views, 7 Comments

Equestria Bound - MostBrainWhyYes



A pony named Dinky sets off on adventure to save Equestria

  • ...
 7
 139

Bring Her Along

-------
One normal peaceful night in this Ponyville.
There is a whistling that gets louder and louder, while Dinky sleeps yet to notice. Dinky, a blond grey unicorn filly without a cutie mark. CRASH! The house shakes, Dinky is suddenly awake! She gets up, excited to see what just happened. She hopes she can sneak out without her family noticing.

She quietly jumps out of bed opens her door and closes it gently behind herself, walking into the hall when the lights turn on, and she hears some car sirens outside. Dinky walks down the plain hall, down the stairway which turns to the right. She almost doesn't notice her sleeping purple dog, Courage, she is so eager to go outside to see what's the matter and heads straight for the door.

As soon as she opens the door, moving outside into the cool spring air, she hears it. A whining whirring tone that sounds like one of those sounds of planets videos almost. She hears sirens down the street as well and without a single thought checks it out. She walks through the wooded street on a dirt road. Dinky sees a brightly colored mare, and some police-stallions blocking the side road.

Dinky doesn't need to ask to hear what's on this mare's mind.

"OH the horror~~~! The horror! Oh! Something fell from the sky! Whats going to happen!? I feel faint oh~."

Dinky hurries past the noisy lady and approaches the officers.

"Slow down lil filly, we are blocking the road because this meteor could've damaged something and we don't need a crowd coming in from town."

"Y-yeah." The other officer yawns. "What he said. Yeah. Uh, something fell and uh," He yawns again. "I could go for some coffee right now."

"Yeah too bad that wasn't a shooting-star-bucks."

"Imma see if I can get a different partner."

"Ha ha ha."

"One who makes less puns." Derpy starts trotting away.

Derpy continues walking back up the street and across the other way trying to spot the source of adventure's call.
She sees an off-white mare with a deep red mane and roses on her flanks. And approaches the mare from the side, who notices Dinky shortly thereafter.

"Did you hear that loud crash earlier? I think it must've been a meteorite." She noticed Dinky can barely contain her excitement looking about curiously and with gusto.
"I bet I can make it to it before you~." Rose says knowing it'll encourage her, because Dinky is a little cutey. Roseluck smiles. And sure enough Dinky has a quiet gasp and her face lights up and she gallops ahead trying to get there before Roseluck, who smiles as they go.

Dinky doesn't pay much mind to the officers on path to the meteor, they sort of help show her the right path in a way, probably related to what the other officers said earlier. Dinky looks back and notices she is ahead of Rose and happily trots forward.

Heading up the hill where the sound seems to be emanating from Dinky notices Daring Do's shack up ahead and approaches her.

"Oh hiya little buddy! A meteor just fell and there was a huge explosion and debri flew everywhere. I'd have got a good look at it by now but I wanna wait for the police to take off first. Not everypony knows I'm Daring Do, after all, wink!" She winks. Then hides in a bush.

Dinky quickly resumes interest and marches up the hill further... Until she no longer can.
There's another police barricade! Oh I guess Daring implied that already, Dinky realizes.
Dinky approaches the officer's barricade and eagerly bounces in place trying to look for a way past them.
"Hey Dinky, I'm glad you could make it. Can you uh, get Diamond to leave? She is obnoxious and if I do anything her dad will sue the force to get me fired! I'm at the end of my ropes here." Dinky turns to look at Tiara who sees Dinky and struts forward.
"Oh if it isn't the little blan~k flan~k. You won't even get to come up here, I'm going to have my father buy this plot of land first thing in the morning, then you will never see what's up here, hahahaha!"
Dinky considers waiting in the bush with Daring do. No that won't do.
"Still here? Do you want to be my indentured servant or something? This is my land now!" Dinky trots off deciding to come back once the barricade is gone. "Ha, thought so!" Tiara acts victoriously smug and starts pestering the officers some more.

In the distance Dinky thinks she might hear the officers being threatened that they'll lose their jobs. Poor officers. Dinky grumbles, then thinks to herself. What if I don't get to see it, and they cart it off to a lab or museum or something? Dinky looks up to the top of the hill wishing she could fly, the police would be too tired to chase after her for too long. That steady whine, an otherworldly sound. Something about it is incredibly curious and beckons.

Dinky trots the rest of the way back down the hill. She sees her mom, Derpy, waving at her from their porch then Dinky rushes forward opening her mouth to protest what just happened. "Now now muffin, no need to get so excited late at night, it'll make it harder to sleep!" Derpy says, Dinky unsure if Derpy is looking past her or not.
"Don't you wanna grow up to be a strong filly?" Derpy rubs Dinky's head with some slight coordination problems missing or rubbing a lil too hard, but Dinky relaxes anyways.
"You can save your excitement for tomorrow. I'm sure we'll hear all about it then. C'mon." Dinky happily follows.

----------------------
Dinky awakes. There's this loud knocking at the door. It doesn't seem to follow any discernible pattern, with various gaps between knocks, frequencies of knocks. When you expect a pause there's another quick knock or two, when you expect her to knock its a stretching silence. Something must be done about this! Dinky jumps out of bed mildly annoyed until she starts to get a little excited, wanting to sneak out and check to see if the police had left yet or not.
Dinky enters the hallway to realize mom is already up.

"What an annoying knock, wow! Something must be done about this!" Derpy struggles putting the right hooves in the right slippers for a moment or two then Dinky decides she is going to answer the door and trots downstairs.

Dinky trots past her dog when suddenly Bam! The door slams open and shut! And here standing before her is none other than Diamond Tiara.

"Hey! Blan-" Diamond notices Derpy trottin downstairs carefully in her slippers. She coughs. "Dinky you have to listen to me. I was up on the hill with Silver Spoon when the guards had finally left, then I looked and Silver Spoon was gone! Everypony knows its dangerous to go alone, so I'm making you go with me."

Derpy approaches. Theres a brief silence. "Muffin take Courage with you. Courage is the bravest dog. He needs to get walked more often, and can protect you. Seems like a win win to me, heh." Derpy smiles cross-eyed, glad her daughter can go and have some fun considering how excited she was earlier.

Dinky goes to leave when Derpy speaks again. "OH! I almost forgot! I did have a lot of left over muffins. But I kind of ate them. They were good." Diamond groans impatiently tapping her hoof. "But I figure you can bring this 'M-Magnificent Maid M-Mare's Magic Muffin, Makin Mix!' package with you on your way, in case you need a snack. Have fun, fillies!" You got a Magnificent Maid Mare's Magic Muffin Makin Mix! Huzzah! Its a box with a square metal tin inside and feels full.

Right when you are about to leave you hear a "Wait up muffin, don't forget your saddlebags!" Dinky puts it on, then notices Tiara glaring daggers at her.

"Are you peasants finished?"

Derpy replies, "We aren't birds silly."

"Thats a pheasant not a peas- ah!" Dinky pushes Diamond and Courage follows out of the house before she can argue more.

"Hmph! I didn't know peasants were this uneducated. I'm surprised you even understood what I was asking on second thought." Dinky glares at Tiara.

"Whatever lets go. I'm going to need to shower after this, the sooner the better."

Dinky knows better than to argue with her, and to not roll her eyes at her when she can see it. She argues like a cranky mother getting sassed. The trio trot out of the driveway when suddenly a wild dog appears, howling before them. Courage seems unsure so barks at the dog.

"Ew! The dog could have rabies! Hurry, do something!" Diamond pushes Dinky toward the dog, who flails n hits the dog with the package she is holding onto with telekinesis. The dog seems unsure of itself, but decides to bite at Dinky anyways.

"Eeek". Dinky leans back on her two hind legs and flails her hooves. The doggo takes a few hits and realizes it can't reach Dinky without getting hit so gets scared off.

"I knew bringing a ruffian along could prove useful."
Courage seems proud. "Not talking about you, what's with poverty and puns." Courage acts defeated. Dinky easily shrugs it off, by nature of being distracted. She can hear that meteor buzzing still, and its captivating.
"Hey wait up!"

Out of nowhere something zooms and smacks right into Dinky's eye! Ouch! Which begins watering so Dinky covers her eye and swings with the 'Magnificent Maid Mare's Magic Muffin Makin Mix!' telekinetically slapping it away. Then Dinky notices, its red eyes turning back to yellow after it got a good wallop then it flew off without a care. What's going on? But before Dinky can theorize, the meteor's tone catches her focus again.

"You got a black eye just now ha ha! Kinda looking wimpy there." Getting frustrated with Diamond, Dinky takes the tin out of the box to look in the reflection of the silver bottom to see how bad it is. Then dinky tries to fix it with magic, her telekinesis covering her eye. Suddenly, sparkles appear and it works! Her eye gets better, Dinky smiles. Diamond looks at Dinky's feat with a frown but a determined look in her eyes, then smirks.

Trotting up the hill further past Daring Do's shack they see something in the grass approaching quickly.

"Ah a snake!" Diamond feigns fear.

"I can't do magic you need to do something about it!"

Tiara roughly pushes Dinky forward who falls into some dirt that must've been kicked up previously by a police vehicle, getting Dinky's coat dirty n lightly scraping her fetlocks. Dinky grits her teeth, remembering all the stuff her mother taught her before about how some ponies just take a long time to learn friendship. That's why she isn't getting even with Tiara, even though it'd be nice. Best thing to do is ignore it.

The snake approaches Tiara who then hides behind Dinky who is still pulling herself up. Courage notices they are in trouble, so acts. Biting at the snake's tail from behind a few times to distract it. It then coils up, hissing and launches out biting courage square on the snoot! Courage screams, flailing his legs around running in circles. Dinky tries gripping the snake telekinetically and succeeds in tossing it but it slithers back, so Dinky hits it square on the nose with the tin's corner. It earns a bloody nose then it scurries away. Courage then pants and drops to the ground trying to catch his breath, looking mortified. The filly looks at the tin and notices its got damage and no longer works and cannot produce a muffin.

Courage speaks.
"There is no such thing as paranoia. Your worst fears can come true at any moment. I'm moving to New Mexico, the middle of nowhere, where I will not be bothered by anything again! Snakes can hide in grass! Bugs in trees! This is a nightmare!" Courage has left the party.

Dinky stands there, flabbergasted, while Diamond acts indignant. "Lets get this over with, its cold outside."

Diamond and Dinky walk right up to the top of the hill and notice the glowing meteor that has crash landed... And theres Silver Spoon sleeping on the other side of it sitting under the shade of a tree whom Diamond is already trotting up to. Silver Spoon gets woken, whom notices Dinky then sighs then asks if they can ditch her.

But Dinky isn't paying attention to that. She hears the sound of something moving in the grass behind and a snake and a dog jump out at the fillies, both of their eyes glowing a neon red- When suddenly there is a flash of light and both the animals eyes return to normal! The snake scurries off confused and scared of the dog, while the dog barks at the snake as it leaves, a little dumbfounded, then heads down the hill sniffing about.

"What was that?" Silver asks.
"Who is that." Something corrects, emerging from the meteor. Its a blue eyed blue parasprite that seems to be carrying a small stone with it.

"I am princess Luna" The stone glows as her voice is heard. "I may not seem like your princess of the night, which I am not, for I am a different princess of the night. I am from another universe come to make things right. I don't have as much power because I have not bode my time in this universe. The difference between this universe's Luna and I is that in this realm the power of their alicorn body has been absorbed into Negative Chaos. Chaos which is contrary to existence and is responsible for a number of manifestations on this realm's plane. Right now I must visit the shifting points of song. There are points of song in Equestria that drift about and cause ponies to sing and unite in harmony while in its presence. To make things right in this realm, I must call on the energies of these points. I can tell you more later, but, do you understand the urgency and content of which I speak?"

Dinky slowly nods. The other two fillies are silent.
"Excellent! We have ourselves an understanding filly. I must be brought to this realm's Twilight Sparkle."

Dinky speaks.
"Okay."

Author's Note:

I may add or reference comment posters as NPCs, if they can guess the artist who produced the music my title is referencing. Won't let such things interrupt important parts however, but if traveling through an npc area or such relative to the game it should be simple enough.