• Published 3rd Jan 2021
  • 1,271 Views, 23 Comments

American Fox - madhat886



Naruto and Sunset have ended up in late 1800's America. There Naruto is found by Theodore Roosevelt and became his ward. And Sunset ended up becoming the daughter of Barbie Norton.

  • ...
26
 23
 1,271

Chapter 5

!

The USS Constitution is a three-masted, forty-four gunned frigate that was built at the Charles-town Navy Yard in North Boston in 1797. The ship triumphed in sea battles against pirates in the First Barbary War and against the British in the War of 1812. She had eventually earned the nickname "Old Ironsides" for the resilience of her oak hull in combat.

The ship was finally dry-docked and restored in the 1920s, and remained the crown jewel of her eponymous maritime museum in the Boston Naval Shipyard until its destruction in 2077. Sometime between 2077 and 2287, somebody fitted NX-42 rocket engines to both sides of the ship, ran wiring and electronic equipment throughout the ship and installed a radar dish on the main deck. The ship then attempted to take off, but ended up landing on top of the Weatherby Savings & Loan bank, just north of Boston.

The robot crew lead by Captain Ironsides a sentry bot and his officers, Mr. Navigator, Lookout, Bosun all are Mister Handies and First Mate a protectron. With the help of the Sole Survivor the ship along with the robot crew was repaired and able to take off again. But something happen as it was flying through the air, it disappeared in a flash of light and ended up in another world a past one.

In Boston harbor in the naval dry-dock the future USS Constitution is currently being repaired and rearmed. Along with the robot crew who are over 200 years overdue for repairs. Nueal Balea is over seeing the repairs of the robots and the ship along with her astromch droid DR5. Tesla with his research team are looking over all the modifications done to the ship with Sual Pong and Talpan who have seen many ships in their time. The rest of the team are back at home base.

"Those are robots have nuclear power units and self-maintenance modes. They are capable of keeping themselves in working condition or self-diagnostics and are also fully programmed to perform nuclear fuel replacements. Secondary programming handles radiation cleansing after refueling. These robots are in many ways obsolete but in other ways are cutting edge technology," Sual said looking over the robots with Tesla.

"In what way?" Tesla ask.

"For one they're more simple in their designs and operating systems using things that, I have only seen in history vids. Or what you were using before we got here. They also have an incredible amount of redundancy that would explain how they're still up and running after 200 years," Sual said.

"About this nuclear technology?" Tesla ask.

"It's still used but only in some of the most backwater planets. They're all but outlawed and plasma generators are what we use for power. But of course it is a good stepping stone for more advancements. The reason it's all but outlawed in our galaxy is because it deadly to be around it without something made out of lead covering your body for protection. Without it you die from radiation poisoning or die later from cancer that is caused by it. But the people of the company Robco, who made this technology knew what they're doing," Sual explains.

"We were in a state of disrepair till the Victor setup the robot workbench to give all of us a good tuneup," Bosun said who now has new arms and replacement armor casing along with all the other crew members. (1)

"It's crude but it does the job. Whoever this Victor is he knows how to build things. The fusion generator he built to add extra power to the ship is something, I can't believe works," Sual said having look over the workbench.

"What about the fusion generator?" Tesla ask.

"He built it using salvage parts and somehow it works," Sual said. "Reverse engineering it could provide power to my ship's power core."

"That's if we can get it off the ship," Tesla said.

"Don't worry that's why Talpan is here," Sual said pointing to said Jedi master using the force to lift the generator off the ship and onto a waiting truck. Talpan and Velmwala are able to use the force but according to them it feels cut off from what it was connected to. There's no light side or dark side to the force anymore it's just a power now and is much weaker then it was before. (2)

Nueal pop out from the underbelly of the ship having been scanning the ship's bottom for any weaknesses. She has check out the engines with their power supply having been cut so there be no accidents. She never seen something like this ship before, a mix of old and new, but there is also the radiation check she needed to do to make sure the craft is safe which the ship past.

"This ship for being as old as it is and surviving a nuclear war is in surprising good shape. But if the ship is to be recommission most of the wood of the ship needs to be replace, there's light radiation that can build up over time," Nueal reported.

"Yes the ship does need repairs and my crew could use the shore leave," Captain Ironsides said.

"You'll get your leave and get yourselves fix up," Theodore Roosevelt said who has been listening in by the vid communication that's been setup in the Whitehouse. As president he couldn't just go to different places whenever he wants to as he has a job to do, but with the new vid screen communication that's been setup he can at least see what's happening and talk to people at the other end. A communication system is already being setup around the world so that different countries could talk to each other in real time so if some trouble starts up people can sit down and talk before things get out of hand.

"Me and my crew could do with some cleaning and an oil bath," Captain Ironsides said.

"Beep beep bep bep," DR5 beeped.

"Yes you're right. We should have all the grime that has built up over the years inside our bodies to be cleaned out," Captain Ironside said understanding what DR5 just beeped.

"How hard would it be to make more robots?" Roosevelt ask.

"The workbench will process all the raw materials and turn them into the parts needed. But its the raw parts that are needed and some of the parts that need to be made first before they can be use. They can only be made after the right tools are made to make the tools to make them," Nueal said.

"Working with Captain Ironside with his crew to base on with DR5, in a few years robots can be made," Tesla said.

"There is also another matter," Roosevelt said. "Captain Ironside how long have you been in this world?"

"4 days," Captain Ironside said.

"Letho did say there is no way to know how long portals from other worlds will last," Talpan said.

"And why this world needs to be ready," Roosevelt said.

!

Spookhouse HQ -

Inside the warehouse part of the base, Letho shook his head as he finally saw what's in the truck Ann had been dragging around. A big white inflatable robot that is very hug able, which is getting the attention of many of the women working around the HQ. As they found the robot name Baymax to be very cute for some reason. Ms. Poppin is standing with him while keeping her two charges Ms. Longstockings, and Ms. Liddell from making fools of themselves. Both of whom wanted to hug the robot as many of the women are doing.

"Baymax cares. That’s what he was designed to do. He's a plus-sized inflatable robot’s job title is technically Healthcare Companion. With a simple scan, Baymax can detect vital stats, and, given a patient’s level of pain, can treat nearly any ailment," Ann explains to Naruto, Velma and Luma.

"I never heard of a inflatable robot before," Velma said.

"I have but they're just simple toys, not that," Luma said.

"Well we have some help in the medical wing," Naruto said.

"True but with his effect on some women he'll be a distraction," Ms. Poppin said.

"Yes but... HEY SARAH STOP!" Ann shouted as she runs over to said Godling who is jumping up and down on Baymax's stomach as he lays on his back.

"That looks fun," Ms. Longstocking said staring with bright eyes.

"Yes it does," Ms. Liddell said agreeing.

"You too are too old for that. Plus both of you are too big and heavy to jump on him like that little girl," Ms. Poppin said to them.

"Actually she's much older then she looks. Godlings just look like children, they can live for hundreds of years," Letho spoke up.

"And she still acts like that?" Ms. Poppin ask.

"I know enough about Godlings to know that they just always be like kids. It's just how their race are like," Letho said.

"I hope that the rest of the staff here are more proper in their duties," Ms. Poppin said.

"Well," Naruto began when a loud crash was heard.

Giblet arm with a net came out of a doorway riding on top of a sheep chasing after a strange metal ball with an eye on it and two small red and blue tip magnets on it's sides flying in the air. They run around the room making a mess before heading outside the warehouse. Hardrock came out from the hallway that the chase started from with other staff members armed with nets.

"Giblet let out that magnet thing again," Hardrock said as he and his team went out to catch the magnet creature again.

"There's your answer but we do get the job done," Naruto said.

"Oh," Ms. Poppin said with a sigh. Knowing that this is going to be a long trip.

!

Author's Note:

1 - Someone really should make a mod in Fallout 4 where you can repair the robots in the USS Constitution. Or better yet having the ship be a mode of transport or at least be a mobile base that appears over a landing site on the map that can provide fire support.

2 - Both Jedi's can still use the force but in a much weaker level as the force source isn't there in the universe they're in. No light or dark it's just power now.

First apearances of fictions in this chapter -

Fallout

Big Hero 6