• Published 17th May 2021
  • 534 Views, 6 Comments

Influential Intermission - Nickyboy5038



A package is delivered to my door. Something is not right with it.

  • ...
1
 6
 534

Chapter 4 - Preparation & Observation

I continually worked throughout the rest of the week to install some cameras in specific places around the school. I’d set one up in the library where I arrive, one overlooking the Equestrian portal, and one getting a wide view of the moon base.

It had taken some time to install correctly without getting caught. I had some very close calls and hiding them without sacrificing view was quite difficult. I did eventually get everything installed properly after a few errors and I could view them with my computer at home.

I found out that the remote had some wireless communicator that was able to get a great connection to the moon base! It took a lot of fiddling and repair to understand how it worked. Thankfully I was able to reverse engineer it and use the technology myself.

======

It was another day of my recently distracted life when something strange appeared on the camera looking at the Equestrian portal. It started to glow and for a moment, looked a little translucent. I figured this was a sign of the portal opening. I set the camera to record everything it saw from here on out and went to bed.

In the morning I quickly reviewed the footage, skipping through most of the empty night. At around 7:00 AM Sunset was seen going through the portal. About a half an hour later, some students were coming in early, including Fluttershy. She was trying to pass out flyers for the animal shelter when the element of magic came through the portal and hit her.

Fluttershy took it and assumedly went to give it to Principal Celestia. A few minutes later Sunset came through the portal holding a smirk. It quickly turned into a frown as she looked around and didn’t find the crown. Then she went into the school to probably try and find it.

I looked at my clock and it said 8:50 AM and I realized that Twilight and Spike might come through soon. So I turned off the recording, shut down my computer, and went and jumped in the box portal.

I ended up in the moon station and quickly went to the teleport room. I went on the left pad and pressed the button. I had a sense of vertigo as I landed in the library and the remote hit me on the head yet again. “I’ve gotta get used to that.” I told myself.

I went to the nearby window overlooking the front of the school and sat down, waiting for Twilight and Spike to come through.

======

At around 10:12 AM Twilight and Spike came through the portal, I had started to suspect they weren’t coming at all. Thankfully they came through and I took it as my signal to start my observations.

I headed down through the library, Ms. Cheerilee was there and I asked, “Hey Cheerilee! Do you have any physics books I could borrow for a while?”

“Sure! The physics section is in section L over there.” She replied, pointing to a few bookshelves. “Thanks!” I replied, and went over there to pick a few books.

I grabbed three books and started out to the halls. I went to the front lobby and sat down on a bench, waiting for Twilight and Spike to come in. I picked up one of the books and started reading when I heard a loud smack against one of the glass doors.

I looked over to see Twilight back away from the door in confusion, perplexed at her absence of magic. Spike said something and pointed to her head and I heard a loud scream through the doors.

After she ‘calmed down’ Spike pushed open the door with his paw, not noticing me and ushered Twilight inside. I buried my nose in my book, pretending to not be looking. They seemed to not notice me at first as Twilight talked to Spike about the trophies and awards the school has, looking for her crown.

Then Spike noticed me and poked Twilight in the leg to get her attention. Fortunately, just then, the bell rang before she could see me and a wave of students entered the hall. I stayed away observing as Twilight had a struggle through the crowd and ran into Flash Sentry.

Things were going well and I hadn’t seemed to effect anything important at all. I inconspicuously followed Twilight and Spike throughout the day. Who were subsequently followed by Snips and Snails after a bit. I hid myself from them so to not change any events from happening.

Twilight and Spike went throughout the day the same way in the movie, I’m sure I don’t need to explain it to you people who already know. After all, why would you be reading this if you haven’t seen Equestria Girls? If you haven’t though, I suggest you do, it will help you understand most of the events in the story. Anyway, back to the story, sorry.

I followed her throughout the day and was only spotted one more time by Spike when Sunset was monologuing to them. Thankfully either he didn’t care enough to tell Twilight or Sunset or he was afraid of talking after Sunset shushed him.

Unfortunately, I forgot about where Twilight and Spike slept for their first night here. Right where the portal to take me to the moon station is. I don’t know how I completely forgot about that, maybe I was to focused on observing and hiding. I was metaphorically trapped. I didn’t want to show myself to Twilight yet, in fear of changing events. I sat down on the other side of the bookshelf from Twilight and Spike and thought about how I would get out of this conundrum.

After a few minutes of going through possibilities I decided to just wait for them to fall asleep. Then I would open the portal, sneak past them, and jump in. I waited until around 10:50 PM to make sure they were asleep. I pressed the button to open the portal on the remote and now heard a faint humming sound.

I sneaked around the bookshelf and crept quietly to the portal. When I was a few steps away, a board I stepped on made a very loud squeak. I froze, not making any movements. Twilight stirred a little, but stopped after the noise faded away. I slowly took my foot off only to awaken Spike, who looked up at me.

We stared at each other for what felt like hours until I sprung into action and leaped for the portal. I obviously awoke Twilight with the noise and quickly dove through the portal. Spike almost tried to follow me but I got through and closed it just in time.

Spike saw me for sure, but I hoped Twilight didn’t, although I’m sure Spike would tell her. I went back to the area of the box portal only to find it missing! I looked through the entire station and couldn’t find it! Thankfully, thanks to my previous explorations I knew there was food, water, and beds. Though that didn’t make me any less worried. I couldn’t really do anything about it right now and I was tired. So I decided to have a small meal and retire for the night. Hoping I would be able to fix the portal soon.

Author's Note:

Hey guess what! It took me like 3 months to find the inspiration to write this. Shocker. I’m sorry for the long wait again! I may be consistent in the 3 month updates, but I’m not happy about it. Hopefully I will actually make another chapter soon, as this is kind of a cliffhanger.

Anyway, remember if I’ve done anything wrong and/or right I’d be thankful if you left a comment! It helps me improve my work! Thanks, hope to see you soon.