• Published 7th Dec 2020
  • 203 Views, 8 Comments

The Architect - keithsterling



What happens went a mare decides to marry a different stallion? What about the stallion the mare snub? Can he forget what happened?

  • ...
 8
 203

Chapter 1

Its 1900 hrs Equestria Standard Time, evening the day earlier, New build Coltifornia bungalow, Crystal Cove Beach Neighborhood, City of New TrotPort beach, Coltifornia, Apple County.

Slowly the fire begins to consume the one-story hand-crafted woodwork Coltifornia bungalow home in the Crystal Cove neighborhood of New TrotPort beach in Apple County. Soon the night is lit-up with red and blue lights from the New TrotPort beach Fire Department; the firefighters make quick work of putting out the residential fire.

A moment later, the red and blue light once again lit up the night from Los Ungulas Police Department as a burned body was found among the ashes of the lost home. The Los Ungulas police department Homicide division and Arson division begin to investigate the crime scene for clues to identifying the burned body.


Its 1100 hrs Equestria Standard Time, Solar wind estate, Small colonial Georgian style mansion home, Golden Horseshoe Neighborhood, City of Grazing Hills, Coltifornia, city of Los Ungulas, Solar wind living room.

Standing in front of the French door that looks out onto the charming English farmhouse garden was heavenly looking dark blue Alicorn mare with glossy black mane and tail. Her Elegant 6ft 3in equine figure was attired in Wangari geo yellow v-neck short-sleeve tank top and gray heather Amanda jeans. On her eleven and five-sixth-inch dark blue bare feet with mint green toenail polish was black strap sandals. And folded on her back were her medium size dark blue feathered bird wings. This Alicorn mare was Princess Luna Silverlight, the co-ruler of Equestria with her sister Princess Celestia Silverlight.

A moment later, a pair of muscular arms wraps around her waist, and a snout appears over her shoulder as she felt a loving kiss on her cheek. The arms belong to a gorgeous light blue half Alicorn/unicorn stallion with crimson red mane and tail. His muscular 6ft 2in equine figure was attired dark gray heather classic short-sleeve interlock polo shirt and walnut brown regular-fit straight-leg jeans. On his socked, eleven and one-sixth inch light blue bare feet were gray slip-on shoes. This half Alicorn/unicorn stallion was Prince Somnus Silverlight, Luna's nephew, and her sister's only son.

"Hello, auntie," Somnus said warmly as Luna chuckled.

"Greeting my little Somnus," Luna said friendly as he unwrapped his arms around his Aunt Luna's waist.

"I thank thee, my little Somnus, for inviting me to join you in Coltifornia. I needed the time off after so many peace summits that your mother and I had to attended throughout Sol for the continuing security of Equestria." Luna said, grateful as she returns his kiss on his cheek.

"My pleasure, my dear Auntie, this whole year has been hectic for the whole Royal Family. Besides that, I have not spent enough time with my Auntie Luna this year. If I am going to one day take over her Throne of the Moon from her." Somnus said, self-assured as Luna chuckled with a smile and placed her finger on the end of his snout.

"So, my dear nephew is this your attempt to overthrow the current ruler of the throne of the moon. By quietly binding her and block her magic, before taking her sandals off and tickling her wonderfully shaped bare feet roughly the same size as your mother's feet but a tad bit smaller till she give-up her throne?" Luna said, playful as she removes her finger from the end of Somnus snout.

"I don't know if it will work with you knowing Auntie?" Somnus said, teasing as he hugs her, and she wraps her wings and arms around him to return the hug.

Meanwhile, walking across the foyer's engineered hardwood floor was a drop-dead gorgeous shiny blue bodied crystal unicorn mare with a gradient orange, pink, light blue and green mane and tail; she was on her way to answer the front door of the mansion home. Her 5ft 11in sleekly shaped equine figure was attired in pale purple (pale purplish pink) colored slightly below the knee-length fit and flare dress with gold lace trim. Her shiny blue sleek legs were bare as she not wearing her stockings this day.

Her twelve-inch long shiny blue bare feet with emerald green toenail polish were black balame wedge sandals with three and one-fourth platform. This crystal unicorn mare was Senior Royal Maid Bonnie Starsong. She in charge of a group of ten Royal Maids that serves Prince Somnus Silverlight as his traveling retinue of royal maids.

As she opens the front door standing outside the door was a nervous handsome pale pink earth pony stallion with an amber-colored mane and tail. His fit 5ft 9in equine figure was attired in a gray plaid slim fit suit. On his ten and one-half inch, pale pink socked bare feet were brown oxford shoes. This pale pink earth pony stallion was Lawyer Ewing Amber locks, a Lawyer from City of New TrotPort beach.

"Greeting Stallion, how may I help you?" Bonnie inquiry friendly

"Is this home of Royal investigator Somnus Silverlight? My name is Ewing Amber locks. I am a lawyer; I must speak to him urgently!" Ewing said, anxious as he tries to push by Senior Royal Maid Bonnie Starsong to get into the home.

"Yes, but you can't just force your way through stallion!" Bonnie said hotly as she is stronger than she looks and can hold her ground, not allowing Ewing into the home.

"Let me through, mare!" Ewing more forceful as Bonnie remains in her position but is slowly losing traction as the Velcro closure on her sandals begins to come loose and open up.

(There are loud rips as the Velcro closure opens up on her sandals)

A moment later, their loud shriek from Somnus' Senior Royal Maid Bonnie Starsong draws both Luna and Somnus from the living room into the foyer. Sitting on the floor, rubbing her ankle was Bonnie.

"Are you hurt, Bonnie?" Somnus asked, kneeling down next to his senior royal maid, who was sitting on the foyer's floor.

"My ankle is not broken, my prince. I think I sprained it. I should be fine in a little while." Bonnie said as she removes her sandals from her feet, leaving her barefooted.

"All right, Bonnie, let me help you up," Somnus said kindly as he helps his senior royal maid to her feet.

"Thank you, my prince. This earth pony stallion is named Lawyer Ewing Amber locks. He really wants to talk to the Royal Investigator about something." Bonnie explains as she limps off to the kitchen to put some ice on her sprained ankle.

"Right this way, Mr. Amber locks," Somnus said friendly as the three ponies walked back into the living room.

"Welcome Mr. Ewing Amberlocks to the Solar wind estate, I am Royal Investigator Somnus Silverlight, and you should know her highness Princess Luna Silverlight (gesturing toward his Aunt Luna with his hand as she nods her head)," Somnus explain as Luna takes a seat on the sofa and Somnus take a seat on a chair, why Ewing occupies the second chair.

"Sorry for being impolite, my lord and your highness, but I must tell you my story before it too late," Ewing said rudely as Somnus gesturing him to begin as Luna shook her head.

"I am a Lawyer by trade. I work out of the Airport district of New TrotPort beach. About a week ago, my firm was visited by Architect Shelby Trucker. I only know the earth pony stallion by reputation until his visit to my firm that day; I knew nothing about him. He told me that he knew my mother, Lady Goldie Amber locks years ago. I didn't question him as my mother was a very attractive earth pony mare in her youth and a celebrated interior designer during that same time. He went on to tell me that he was going to marry my mother if my father didn't take her hand first." Ewing explains as Luna gestures him to continue with his story.

"During that visit, he hands me some handwritten notes (pulling four pages long set of quickly jotted down notes out of the pocket of his jacket). He told me it was his will, and he wanted me to draw it up in legal language. I say it would be no problem (Luna floats the notes into her hand to look it over)." Ewing said as Luna suddenly gasps with what was written on the notes.

"Why Mr. Amber locks these notes say you are the sole beneficiary and only heir to a considerable fortune bequest to you by this Mr. Trucker. Is this normal nephew (floating the notes over to Somnus so he could look them over)?" Luna said; confused as Somnus look them over.

"This not normal Auntie, not in the least (floating the notes back to his aunt)." Somnus said, shocked as Ewing shook his head 'yes.'

"What Lord Silverlight said is true, your highness; I barely know the stallion. But to be the sole beneficiary of his whole estate is very unusual. My mother and I don't need his fortune; we are considerably wealthy already. Due to the world-class design firm that my parents ran together before the death of my father and my mother's retirement. My mother still gets paid as a special consultant to their design firm." Ewing explains as Somnus taps his finger against his lower jaw in a contemplating manner.

"Did Mr. Trucker tell you why he wants you to be the sole beneficiary of his estate?" Luna asked as she crossed her legs, one knee tossed casually over the other, and started to tap her sandal-clad foot soundlessly in the open air.

"He did your highness; he said he was a bachelor and had no foals of his own. He also felt sorry that he didn't marry my mother went he had the chance. He wanted to ensure my future, but my future is very secure." Ewing explains as both Luna and Somnus had a very puzzled look on their face.

"Please forgive me, Mr. Amberlocks, but this case doesn't seem like you need the help of the Royal Investigator. Unless there is more to this story?" Somnus comment as Ewing produces the Los Ungulas times, and Luna floated it to herself to read it over.

"Look at the story in the paper, your highness," Ewing said as Luna's eyes widen with alarm went; she read the story in the paper.

"What does the story say, Auntie?" Somnus inquiry as Luna looks up from the paper.

"It says at 7:00 pm last night a Coltifornia craftsman bungalow burn down in the Crystal Cove Beach neighborhood of City of New TrotPort beach. It was year old home build by Architect Shelby Trucker well know builder in Equestria. Found among the ashes was the pony body; it was too badly burned to be identified. But it was believed to be the body of Architect Shelby Trucker, his housekeeper at his home. Told the Los Ungulas police department Homicide division that Mr. Trucker left home with Lawyer Ewing Amberlocks and never return. The Los Ungulas Police department is asking for the public assistance in locating Mr. Ewing Amberlocks for questioning in the murder of Mr. Trucker." Luna explains as Ewing eyes take on a hunted look went Somnus looked toward him.

"I can sure you Lord Silverlight and your highness that went I left him at that home he was very much alive," Ewing said, his voice strained as the blood drains from Ewing's face.

A moment later, the living room door is open by an inviting looking dark purple unicorn mare with a pastel yellow mane and tail. Her very fit 6 feet even equine figure was attired in dark brown V-neck short sleeve blouse and light gray curvy fit perfect trousers.

On her eleven inches, long dark purple bare feet with turquoise toenail polish were black open toe wedge pumps with three and one-fourth heel. This unicorn mare was Police Detective Suzanna Lightly, a Police detective from the city of Los Ungulas and honorably discharged Military Police officer from the Solar Guard unit.

"Well, greeting Detective Lightly, have you come to arrest a hard-core criminal mastermind, a Lawyer named Ewing Amber locks? Before he gets away." Somnus said with a little bit of sarcasm in his voice as Suzanna's snorts at Somnus.

"Their no need for that, your highness (gawks in disbelief went she notice the other mare in the room). by your mother light! Greeting senior Princess Luna Silverlight. I didn't expect you to be here?" Suzanna said her voice edged with tension as the two earth pony police officers that came with her quickly straighten their uniforms because of Senior Princess Luna Silverlight.

"It quite all right Detective, I was invited by my nephew Prince Somnus to come to Coltifornia for some well deserved time off and quality time with him as it had been busy in Canterlot of late," Luna explains with a friendly smile as she checks the mint green toenail and fingernail polish on her nails a few times.

"Please enjoy your stay in Coltifornia, your senior highness (Luna shook her head). As for you, Somnus, I have clear evidence to charge Lawyer Ewing Amber locks with the murder of Architect Shelby Trucker." Suzanna said she's puff up with self-importance with being one step ahead of Somnus, the Royal Investigator for the first time.

"So Suzanna, you have no doubt that the evidence is outstanding against Mr. Amber locks. The evidence is not to perfect like before?" Somnus comments as Suzanna looks over piercingly toward Somnus.

"That not fair, Somnus! There is no love triangle in this case, like the Cavaliere case." Suzanna said sourly as she gestured the officers to arrest Lawyer Ewing Amber locks and leave the living room with Mr. Amber Locks.

"You shouldn't be like that toward any mare, Prince Silverlight. Your mother wouldn't be happy about that." Luna said, scolding as she reads over the copy of the will on her MCV as she gave the papers to Detective Lightly for evidence.

"I know Auntie, but Detective Lightly is good at her job. But sometimes, her perfect evidence is too perfect. So what do you make of the will Auntie?" Somnus asked, sitting down next to his aunt on the sofa.

"I can read most of it, but the rest of it is illegible as if quickly jotted down in the time before the meeting with Mr. Amber Locks." Luna comments as Somnus points at some of the lines with his finger.

"That the same conclusion I came to Auntie, this whole will was quickly jotted down before he met Mr. Amber locks at his law firm." Somnus comment as Luna look at her nephew.

"I am sorry, Auntie. I know you wanted to put your feet up to rest and spend quality time with me. But Mr. Amber locks needs my help." Somnus said apologetically as he nuzzled his Auntie.

"It fine, Somnus has any of our plans gone the way we wanted them." Luna said, knowing as she return nuzzles, and Somnus shook his head 'no.'

"Besides, this could be fun," Luna said, pleased as she stood up.

"Shall we head over to Crystal Cove Beach first in New TrotPort beach Somnus?" Luna suggested.

"No, Auntie, we are going to Westcliff in New TrotPort beach to talk to Mr. Amber locks mother. She might tell us more about Mr. Trucker." Somnus said as Luna and Somnus head outside to drive to New TrotPort beach in Apple County to talk with Ewing's mother.