• Published 5th Dec 2020
  • 455 Views, 2 Comments

The Ringmaster - HKS



Peace can't last forever and our protagonists will realise that the hard way....

  • ...
3
 2
 455

Freedom of choice

Author's Note:

Yet another small chapter, cause i've been dealing with some health problems and that made things hard. I just couldn't push myself to write anything, but these small chapters will do well as a build up for the next arc. Anyhow progress on this fic might be slow but i will complete it someday!

Vector : Osipush

also, i've finally completed my fan game, it was released about 15 days ago, if ya want to check it out there's a link to in my profile.

Upon opening the book, Luz was surprised to see that it was blank. He kept flipping the pages till he finally found a page with words in it...

Relics, a bright yellow four point star that somewhat resembles a sparkle mark, they can be found all over the universe. They were created by the goddess of creation, the one above all. She watched over all mortals for millennia, and eventually grew tired of things always ending the same, it was all just getting to predictable. So she decided to create the relics, to make things more "interesting" for the mortals. Each relic has their own name and power, and if the creature that finds it is deemed worthy, they will be granted the relic's power. The relic will manifest itself just above the creature's thorax. It is not possible to know what kind of power one would receive from a relic until they touch it, and that's when things get complicated for a few, because relic powers are mostly helpful, some however can cause harm to it's own user, making a few scared to even attempt to use a relic.

Not everyone has to find a relic, some are born with it....

Upon reading that line, Luz eyes widened.

Those who are born with a relic are extremely rare, because it's believed that those born with it, were personally chosen by the goddess to have a great impact in the lives of the mortals.

Those were the final lines on the book, all the other pages were blank.

"Ell that explains some things...." said Midas.

"Indeed...."

"E that was not the reaction i was expecting, come on ya son was chosen by the goddess righ? that mean the lad will be important righ?"

"It said the chosen one will have a great impact in the lives of the mortals, but it didn't specify if it would be for the good or bad." Luz responded.

Midas let out a sigh. "Well, we got the information we wanted maybe we shou..."

Midas gets interrupted by sound of a scream outside, Both him and Luz run outside. On the outside they see Kira getting up...

"What happened?" The King asked.

"Relic user!" Kira answered.

Both the King and Midas assumed a battle stance, then suddenly...

"Grha!!"

"W-what happened?" The King asked.

"I dunno, something hit me." Midas responded.

"We should probably get inside, we don't know how he is hitting us, so we might have an advantage if we are inside." Kira said.

Just as they were about to enter the building, the King gets hit from behind and his body flies over, breaking one of the building's walls. Midas rushes over to the King.

"Oi you ok?" he asked.

"I-i'm fine." The King answered.

The relic on Kira's thorax started to glow, as a cat like figure appeared beside him.

"Show yourself!" Kira shouted, he heard no answer, but instead he got hit as well. "Thsk!"

Inside the building things didn't change, they were still being hit from every direction without a clue from were the attacks were coming. Midas called the King and Kira, to get near him, when they did Midas created a barrier around them.

"This should give us som time to think." Midas said.

The attacks didn't stop, the barrier was being hit from every side, in very short intervals. And then Kira noticed something. He made his cat like relic touch the King's robe.

"I've got a plan...well more like a gamble than a plan." Kira said.

"What is it?" The King asked.

"Midas, i need you to open the barrier, and king when i want you to throw your robe upwards and duck on my signal. Got that?"

"Just how throwing my robe away will helps us?"

Kira tapped his thorax.

"Ok...got it." The King answered, while getting ready to get rid of the robe.

Midas opened the barrier, and everyone distanced from eachother a little, and so the attacks stopped. When suddenly....

"NOW!" Kira shouted, and the King threw his robe in the air and ducked, and as he did that....

BOOOM!!

The robe exploded! but it wasn't just a explosion, some red smoke came out of it as well. Once the smoke was cleared, the robe was in the ground, it changed color from it's original golden to a crimson red, and right beside it, there was a injured blue colt.

"What the?" The King said in shock.

As he was about to get closer, the colt got up and disappeared in an instant.

"Everyone back to the barrier!" Kira shouted.

They got closer to each other again, and Midas set up the barrier again.

"Looks like i was right, that guy's relic gives him super speed! Oh sorry about the robe by the way." Kira said.

"Forget about it, how do you know that guy has super speed? also, what the hell was that explosion!?"

"My relic has the power to cause explosions on anything that it touches, in this case your robe. " Kira answered. "As for how i know his power, simple look at the ground, there's always a small dust trail around the area of his latest attack."

"I see, then what do we do now? the same plan clearly won't work twice." The King said.

"Let's thi..."

Kira stopped talking when he realised they were in a different room of the building, he looked down on the ground and saw that the colt was pushing the barrier to massive hole on the ground.

"Tsk, another one of these holes?" The King shouted.

"This is good actually, see he is only attacking from one side, he is trying to push us into the hole!" Kira explained.

"And how is that a good thing!?" Midas asked.

"It means that if we time things right, i might be able to hit him directly, if i do is over for him." Kira said.

"Makes sense, just gimme the signal and i'll open the barrier."

A few seconds go by, the barrier getting closer and closer to the hole....

"NOW!"

When the barrier opened Kira's relic rushed forward to hit the blue colt, but it missed! The blue colt avoided and went straight at the king, kicking him in the hole, and before the King had time to react, the colt kicked him again in mid air! The King's body flew with full force towards the ground.

*thumb*

Echoes the sound when the King hits his back on the ground, he tries to get up but its futile, he couldn't feel any of his legs. All he could feel was the blood coming out of the open wound on his back . Shortly after another *thumb* echoes through the hole, it was Midas! And he was unconscious, the King tried to shout, but he couldn't say a word, his vision started to fade away, when suddenly everything went black and....

"This would truly be a tragic ending would it not?" Said a mysterious voice from the darkness.

"W-who are you?" Luz said in such a faint voice, it seemed like he was whispering.

"It would truly be a shame if things end this way right? but what if i tell you that, that's the best case scenario?" The voice said.

"W-what are you talking about?"

"Well your death of course, you dying here is the best possible outcome for your kingdom."The voice giggles. "But i know you must not want to die here right?"

"......." No response from Luz.

"I'll give you a choice,because i'm feeling generous today." suddenly a relic appeared right in front of Luz "Peace or annihilation? it's your choice..."

Meanwhile....

"Gryha!!"

Kira was being hit from all sides, one of his wings were broken, it seemed like the colt was just playing with him.

"Such an idiot, and i though you were a competent assassin." Said the blue colt.

"*pant* *pant*"

"Farewell Kira!"

As the blue colt was about to finish Kira off, a dark crystal came from below him, and impaled him. And so the King and Midas rose from the hole, Midas looked a little shook, but the King had something off about him. Kira ignored it,and used his relic to finish the colt off.

"Why did you do that for? he could've had useful information for us!" The King said.

"*pant* I have all the information you're looking for..." And so Kira passed out.

By the morning.....

"Sorry i'm not good at treating wounds." The King said.

"It's fine, but just to be sure i guess i'll have to go back to the kingdom and find a medic." Kira said.

"*sigh* so you said all information we want we can get it from you right? then tell me who is the traitor of my kingdom?"

"With pleasure, that assrat sent another assassin in, even though i was already here, and worst of all he waned to kill me too. So screw that guy, if anything i might even help you deal with the traitor.... His name is Jester Orimos."

Midas let out a gasp, but the King was strangely calm with this information.

"B-but that can't be righ!? Jester the traitor!? why would he?" Midas said.

"I don't know his intentions, but what i do know is that he wants the King dead."

Both Midas and Kira looked at the King, and there was a strange static around him, not to mention his horn looked different than before....

"Luz?" Midas asked, but there was no response...

Suddenly the King gets up, and put on his now red robe on, when he opened his eyes it was clear that something bad happened to him.

"Now that we know our target, it's time to go back to my... kingdom." Said the King.