• ...
8
 9
 431

Chapter 2: The Battle of the Equestria Girls

"Stop in the name of the law!", Applejack shouted as she and Rarity arrived at the camp.

"Oh, for fuck's sakes!", Rainbow Dash groaned. She was seemingly alone. "How'd you find me?"

"It wasn't easy, darling", Rarity replied. Sweetie Belle approached Rainbow Dash.

"We don't want to fight you", Sweetie Belle said. Fluttershy emerged from her hiding spot (the lake).

"You can't run", Fluttershy said.

THE DIVINE LIGHTS ARE BLAZING! GO WILD!

Apple Bloom tackled Rainbow Dash from behind, beginning an unforgettable battle for the ages: the Battle of the Equestria Girls. Rainbow Dash started laughing. "Applejack, Applejack, Applejack. How long have we known each other for?", she asked. By the time Applejack realized it was a trap, it was too late. Sunset and Starlight were hiding in the cabin, Twilight and Pinkie were hiding in the trees, and Trixie grabbed Apple Bloom and tossed her aside. She helped her ally up.

"You alright?", Trixie asked.

"Yeah, I'm good", Rainbow Dash answered. Applejack looked at the trees and saw Twilight and Pinkie running. Apple Bloom gave chase. Rarity saw Sunset and Starlight in the cabin, but they ran as well. Sweetie Belle started to chase Sunset and Starlight, but Rainbow Dash tackled her and the two fought in close quarters combat. Meanwhile, Trixie approached Fluttershy.

"The shy one. This'll be easy", Trixie said. However, that proved to be a mistake as Fluttershy easily overwhelmed Trixie with quick karate moves.

"Hmph. Never underestimate the quiet ones", Fluttershy quipped. Meanwhile, Apple Bloom caught Starlight and tossed her aside. She caught Sunset's punch, but Starlight tackled the freshman. Meanwhile, Rarity saw Sweetie Belle fighting Rainbow Dash and joined her sister. In the forest, Applejack cornered Twilight and Pinkie. Pinkie threw a sugar bomb, but Applejack dodged it. Suddenly, Twilight used her telekinesis to cause five trees to fall on Applejack, trapping her.

"Oh, boy...", Applejack said. In another part of the forest, Apple Bloom was still fighting Sunset and Starlight. She managed to defeat them, however, and ran off. At the campsite, Rainbow Dash used her superior agility to fight Rarity and Sweetie Belle. Trixie then tackled Sweetie Belle and delivered a powerful punch to the freshman's stomach. Rainbow Dash and Trixie ran off joined their comrades in the forest. However, Team Applejack's final member, Scootaloo, appeared and blocked their path to the cave. The rest of Team Applejack joined Scootaloo.

"This isn't gonna end well...", Fluttershy said. Without a second thought, the two teams clashed. As Sweetie Belle and Sunset Shimmer fought, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie fought in a battle between characters voiced by Andrea Libman. However, Twilight intervened at used her telekinesis to send Fluttershy flying. Meanwhile, Sweetie Belle was gaining the upper hand in her fight against Sunset, but Twilight intervened once again, using her telekinesis to send Sweetie Belle flying. Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash and Apple Bloom faced each other.

"Your sister is delusional", Rainbow Dash said. "Get out of here before you hurt yourself."

"Applejack knows what she's doing", Apple Bloom replied as they began fighting. Her smaller size proved to be more than a match for the speedster. However, Rainbow Dash's superior speed somehow overwhelmed Apple Bloom as the freshman couldn't calculate Rainbow Dash's fight pattern.

Meanwhile, Applejack and Starlight Glimmer fought hand-to-hand, but Trixie intervened and repeatedly punched Applejack in the face, but after a while, Applejack delivered an extremely powerful punch to Trixie's face and sent her flying while Rainbow Dash and Sunset Shimmer hid. "We have to get to the cave. They won't be able to find us thanks to its maze-like interior", Sunset said. "We need a diversion."

"Already done", Trixie (who was nearby) said. She used her own magic to give herself enhanced strength and speed. She grabbed Rarity by the throat. However, she broke free, and she, Apple Bloom, and Applejack fought Trixie while Sweetie Belle fought Pinkie Pie.

"I take no shame in harming my enemies, no matter their age!", Pinkie shouted as she and the freshman fought. However, Sweetie Belle won. Meanwhile, Twilight joined Trixie in fighting Rarity, Applejack, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo. However, Scootaloo noticed Rainbow Dash and Sunset Shimmer running towards the cave and attempted to stop them, but they were too fast. However, Fluttershy blocked the duo.

"Stop", Fluttershy said. However, when Sweetie Belle approached the duo from behind, Fluttershy tackled the freshman. "Run!"

Meanwhile, Applejack, Rarity, and Apple Bloom managed to take down Trixie, but Apple Bloom was badly injured. Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash and Sunset made it to the entrance of the cave, but Applejack and Rarity blocked their path. However, in a fit of rage, Starlight Glimmer delivered a skull-breaking punch to Rarity's forehead.

"GET OVER HERE!", Starlight screamed as she grabbed the white-skinned Equestria Girl and pummeled her senseless. Rainbow Dash and Sunset ran into the cave as Rarity was knocked out by one final devastating punch, bringing the Battle of the Equestria Girls to an end.

K.O.

Throughout the forest, the remaining combatants all got to their feet with multiple injuries sustained during the fight. Starlight, Twilight, Pinkie, and Trixie ran off into the distance to avoid capture, but it proved to be a futile attempt. The foursome were arrested for acting against the government, but Fluttershy wasn't arrested for some strange reason. However, Applejack still wanted to capture Rainbow Dash and Sunset, so she walked into the cave. Sweetie Belle, wanting revenge, followed her teammate. Fluttershy, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo brought Rarity to a hospital, where she was nursed back to full strength.

In the cave, Applejack and Sweetie Belle found Rainbow Dash and Sunset. However, Rainbow Dash remembered what Starlight had said: there was someone else behind it all. "Someone wanted this to happen", Rainbow Dash said to Applejack. "We need to work together."

"Fine", Applejack replied. She saw footprints... but these footprints didn't belong to the foursome. "We're not alone." The foursome assumed fighting stances and stood in a circle with their backs to each other as a familiar laugh echoed throughout the cave.