• Published 11th Nov 2020
  • 310 Views, 11 Comments

Tales from the Rift - Fonzie



A group of stranded tourists listen to a strange Pony's tales of how they'll die, or do they?

  • ...
5
 11
 310

Just desserts

Author's Note:

I'm sorry if it looks rushed, I had to finish this before the end of the month.

JUST DESSERTS

Taken From

SHOCK SUSPENSTORIES #3

Story By: Me

The guards looked down at the restrained pony on the couch with solemn looks on their faces. The pony had everything going great for him, but now he's like this. One of the guards arrived with a syringe, and proceeded to inject it into the pony. In a few seconds, he calmed down, and said "I'm glad I did it you see, I had to do it."

"I'm afraid we don't sir." One of the guards said, "would you care to tell us why you did it?"

"Well, my memory's a little woozy, but I'll try my best to remember." The pony said, trying to remember everything that led up to this point.


"I had everything going great for me, back then, a loving wife, a young son, even a successful business, everypony I knew was a little bit jealous of my success. But one day, my wife fell ill from a cancer of some kind, she never made it. I was upset about her being gone, but little did I know that it was the start of a downward spiral to nowhere, starting with a newly hired nanny named fanny."

"Fanny, this is my son Jimmy, I need you too keep an eye on him while I'm off at work."

"Yes Mr. Bernard." Fanny said.

"But alas, I made a terrible mistake hiring her to look after my boy, because of her I lost him to the market."

At the market, Fanny was looking at the fascinating things that the market has to offer, and thus, she never noticed little Jimmy wander off, into the bustling streets, and into the path of a runaway cart.

"in my opinion, it was a stupid thing she did, because she didn't use her head, not only was my son gone, but also what was left of my first wife. My second wife Nora and my best friend Nevel did their best to comfort me, to no avail. But things only got worse from there."

"Just pad your bills over to our company Richard." Said Preston, an old business partner of Bernard, "I'll okay them and give you 20%."

Richard, however, was confused by this, "Are you sure? Something like this could drive you out of business."

"That's what I want to do you idiot, drive Bernard out of business."

Unbeknownst to Preston, Bernard heard the whole thing on their intercom system... and boy was he mad.

"It was a bonehead mistake Preston Made, planning the whole thing in the office, all because he didn't use his head. But either way, I had to raise enough money to keep my business going. But every dollar I made Preston supposedly 'lost', on the day the money was due, I paid a visit to my aunt narissa, hoping she'd give me the necessary amount.

"But auntie, you don't understand, I need $5,000 to keep me going until I find a way to expose Preston, I'll even pay you back I swear."

"Forget it Bernie." Narissa said, "I always said you'd be a worthless tramp, and I was right."

Dejected, Bernard went back to his office, Preston was there, with a solemn look on his face, "I'm afraid we're done for Bernie, but at least I have a little something to tide me over."

"That little something was the money he supposedly lost, and he was back in business within the week, so now I had nothing but my best friend and my wife.

"Bernie was wiped out today Nevel, I don't know what to do now." Nora said to Nevel, whom she invited over for a talk.

"Well since your his wife Nora, you'll have to comfort him, after all he really loves you."

"But I don't love him... I married him for the money his wife left him." She confessed, "when he could get me what I wanted, I tolerated him, I even felt a little sorry when he lost his son, I felt a little sad for him, and I couldn't help but fall in love with you when I saw you at the funeral."

"Oh you have, huh." Nevel said, "well I guess we wasted all this time, because I fell in love with you the moment I saw you."

"They thought I wasn't listening, that I was in a drunken stupor, but I heard everything, and since I wouldn't give her a divorce, the two started an affair with each other, but because they didn't use their heads, I caught them in the act."

Bernard stood rooted to the spot as he saw his wife and best friend were making out, both oblivious to his presence, they thought he was still out since he had to get a job to make up for his losses, but he came back early, and he was enraged to see them do a thing like this.


"So now you know why I did it, they all ruined my life, but didn't use their heads, and if any creature doesn't use their heads, then they don't need them."

The guards followed his gaze to a kitchen table, where five bodies sat stiff and lifeless. The bodies of the nanny that cost him his son, the business partner that stole his business, the aunt that never bothered to help him, the gold digging wife, and who he thought was his best friend, all sitting at the table, all sitting like they didn't know the guards were there... all without their heads.