• Published 31st Oct 2020
  • 201 Views, 1 Comments

Smiles and Scares - AmethystMajesty25



Amethyst and his friends celebrate Nightmare Night with scares and tons of fun.

  • ...
 1
 201

Preparations

In the world of Equestria, every pony and creature in Ponyville was ready for Nightmare Night. There were decorations, games, ponies in costumes, and candy. The Young Six were walking around Ponyville and saw every pony making preparations for the festivities.

“This is going to be the best Nightmare Night ever!” Sandbar exclaimed.

Discord appeared and dressed up as Snake Eyes, “I totally agree with you.”

The Young Six except Silverstream rolled their eyes and she said, “ Well, well, Discord. Looks like you finally found a way to improve your face.” She knocked off his mask and giggled.

Discord said, “It’s a one of a kind, mi amigo.”

Rainbow Dash came in, dressing up as Storm Shadow and said, “What’s up guys. Wow, Discord. Looks like you dressed up as a rival ninja to me.”

“Except, as we all can see, I'm the cooler ninja.” Discord retracted as he put his mask back on.


The handsome young nerd, Amethyst Majesty, knocked on the door to Pinkie’s house. Pinkie opened the door and saw his costume.

“Wow Amethyst. Cool get-up.” Pinkie complimented.

Amethyst replied, “Why thank you Pinkie. May I come in?”

“Of course.” Pinkie replied as he entered her house.

After he went inside, Discord appeared in the house from his teleportation powers and greeted, “Ah, greetings, grasshoppers.”

Amethyst replied, “Oh... hi Discord.”

Then, somepony knocked on the door again and Pinkie answered it right away. She opened it and saw the Young Six and Rainbow Dash.

“Hi everypony. Come on in.” Pinkie informed everyone.

Rainbow and the Young Six greeted everyone in the room and they discussed about their plans for Nightmare Night. Then, another pony knocked on the door and Pinkie answered it again. Pinkie opened the door and saw Rarity in her detective costume.

“Hi Rarity.” Pinkie greeted.

Rarity greeted her back, “Oh good evening darling,” She then called Amethyst, “Yoohoo!”

They both hugged and Rarity walked over to see Amethyst as he turned around to see her.

“Why hello there. Happy Nightmare Night, my lady.” Amethyst said as he bowed to her.

Rarity bowed to him and replied, “Happy Nightmare Night to you handsome.”

“You look so beautiful in your detective costume.” Amethyst complimented.

Rarity giggled, “And you look dashing as an agent, my love.”

“I knew you would love it.” Amethyst said, feeling happy already.

Rarity replied back to her coltfriend, “And I knew you would love my costume, darling.”

They both started kissing each other’s lips, however, Discord felt uncomfortable and said, “Oh, get a room you two!”

Amethyst blushed and chuckled, “Heh heh, sorry about that. i just got caught in a moment right there. My bad.”

“It’s fine. Just don't let it happen again, in the open.” Discord said as he flew away.

Sandbar put his hoof on his shoulder, “Oh, don't listen to him, you guys.”

“Yeah. We think you're a perfect couple.” Ocellus said.

Amethyst said, “Yeah. We sure are.”

Rarity thanked them, “Aww, thank you girls.”

Princess Twilight Sparkle magically appeared from her teleportation spell, “Happy Nightmare Night everypony!”

Everyone greeted to her, “Happy Nightmare Night Twilight!”

Amethyst asked Twilight, “So good to see you again, Twilight. How you’re doing watching over Equestria as the new ruler?”

Twilight replied, “ Well, I still have to get used to being in charge of the entire land. But, I think I'm getting the hang of it.”

“So Twilight, have you decide what you are going to wear for this year’s Night,are Night darling?” Rarity asked.

Twilight thought about it and realized, “Well… gee, I guess I hadn't really thought about it. Ever since I’ve been focusing on keeping Equestria safe, I haven’t got the chance to find my costume.”

Rarity calmed her friend down and told her, “Not to worry darling, I’ve got you covered.”

Twilight nodded, “Thank you Rarity.”

“No problem, Twilight. I got plenty of new and old costumes in my boutique. Plus, Sassy Saddles helped me designed the new ones.” Rarity informed the bookworm.

“Oh really, she did?” Twilight reacted.

“Indeed, but I'm sure we can find something that'll suit you… Your highness.” Rarity giggled while bowing to her.

Twilight hugged her friend, “Thank you Rarity.”

“So, who else is coming along with us?” Amethyst asked until somepony knocked on the door again.

“Does that answer to your question?” Discord told him as he rolled his eyes.

Pinkie opened the door and Applejack came in, dressing up as an outlaw, “Howdy y’all!”

“That’s a very fitting costume, Applejack,” Rainbow giggled, “Are you sure you didn’t get yourself in trouble this time around?”

Applejack giggled as if she knew what Rainbow meant, “Don’t you worry Rainbow, the law ain’t gonna catch me this time around.”

Apple Bloom entered dressing up as a sheriff with her shades on, “Not from where Ah’m standing. Because Sheriff Apple Bloom is here!”

“Oh no. Not Sheriff Apple Bloom!” Applejack played along and pretended to be scared.

Apple Bloom showed everyone her badge and said, “You got that right, missy!”

“Well, the law will never catch me!” Applejack giggled as she pretended to escape and ran around inside Pinkie’s house.

Apple Bloom giggled while pretending to chase her big sister, “Oh, you won’t get away from me this time, AJ!”

Fluttershy entered the house and greeted everyone, “Hi everypony.”

Everyone said, “Hi Fluttershy.”

Twilight hugged her, but she noticed something, “Um, Sweetheart?”

“Yes, Twilight.” Fluttershy replied.

Twilight asked her, “Where’s your costume?”

“What?” Fluttershy looked at herself and covered herself out of embarrassment, “Where did my bat costume go?”

Everyone shrugged but Fluttershy said, “I had it on, when I got here.”

“Hmm, that sounds pretty fishy to me.” Rainbow commented.

Amethyst added, “Yeah. Almost like…”

Discord held a fish close to Amethyst’s face and smirked, “Chaos fishy?”

Fluttershy’s pet bunny, Angel, came in and hopped as he dressed up as a vampire.

“Aww, you look adorable Angel.” Rarity commented as Angel bowed to her.

Rainbow said, “Yeah. You look a lot better than Discord’s ninja costume.”

Discord shouted as he crossed his arms, giving her the stern look, “Hey!!!”

Fluttershy calmed him down and informed Rainbow, “Hey now. Can you at least be happy that Discord is participating Nightmare Night?”

Rainbow chuckled and apologized, “Sorry about my comment Discord.”

“Oh it’s fine. Nothing to worry about.” Discord looked at Fluttershy, “Thanks for standing up for me.”

Fluttershy replied while blushing, “Aww, it's nothing.”

“Yeah. The others just don't see how awesome you really are.” Silverstream informed the draconequus as he blushed.

Fluttershy looked at the way he’s smiling, “Oh, my… You're not getting modest in your old days, are you, Discord?”

Everyone set their eyes on Discord and he replied, “What, me?! Of course not.”

“Then what’s stopping you?” Fluttershy asked.

Discord sighed and admitted, “You’re right. What is stopping me? The answer to your question is,” He set off fireworks with the word above his head, “Nothing.”

Then, some other ponies knocked on the door and Pinkie opened the door to answer it. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle entered with their costumes on. Sweetie Belle dressed up as a pirate while Scootaloo dressed up as a skeleton.

Apple Bloom stopped chasing Applejack and saw her fellow Cutie Mark Crusaders, “Hi you two, Great costumes.”

“Thanks Apple Bloom.” Scootaloo replied.

Sweetie Belle informed her best friend, “My sister made our costumes for us.”

“And it was worth the wait.” Rarity added.

Apple Bloom tipped her hat to the detective, “Thank you Rarity.”

“You’re very welcome dear.” Rarity tipped her hat back to Apple Bloom.

Apple Bloom joined her fellow crusaders and went outside to roam around Ponyville.

“Alright, now that we’re all here, let’s head out and prepare the festivities for this year’s Nightmare Night!” Twilight informed everyone.

Twilight and her friends exited Pinkie’s house and went outside to prepare and set up the decorations for Nightmare Night.